DO YOU DRINK RED BULL-ENERGY DRINK..THEN SEE WHATS INSIDE RED BULL

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
what they said pepsi is haram...to be honest on eid my brother bought 4 big bottles of pepsi...and i drank it..i know pepsi is also injurious..but its okay for me :D

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum:

Coke when it was first manufactured did contain cocaine. That was almost a century ago. They took it out.

Root beer is sweet. Ginger root beer is better but has a kick to it.

Honey is excellent unless you are a diabetic. But honey with apple cider vinegar and lemon juice is good for the body. Many people drink this mixture in water and swear they do not catch a cold.

We need to be careful about high fructose corn syrup. I am scared to write too much on the subject as I will be blamed once again for being a conspiracy theorist. Read up on why they use it and who profits from it. The body is unable to break it down.

In all soft drinks they do not use sugar. They use high fructose corn syrup. It is addictive and nasty.

If you really want to stay awake the beverage that will do it all is Mountain Dew. If you take a moment to look at the color you will discover it is a nuclear green.

JenGiove

:salam2:

As a word of caution, "non-alcoholic beer" has alcohol in it.....it's just in such small amounts as regulated by the FDA as to be able to call themselves "non-alcoholic".

Low-alcohol beer (also called non-alcoholic or NA beer, small beer, small ale, or near-beer) is beer with very low or no alcohol content. Most low-alcohol beers are lagers, but there are some low-alcohol ales.
In the United States, beverages containing less than 0.5% alcohol by volume (ABV) were legally called non-alcoholic, according to the now-defunct Volstead Act. Due to its very low alcohol content, non-alcoholic beer may be legally sold to minors in most American states.
In the United Kingdom, the following definitions apply by law (correct as of May 2007):[1]

• No alcohol or alcohol-free: not more than 0.05% ABV
  • Dealcoholised: over 0.05% but less than 0.5% ABV
  • Low-alcohol: not more than 1.2% ABV
In the rest of the European Union, beer must contain no more than 0.5% ABV if it is labelled "alcohol-free".

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Yes, she is correct. Simply put to make a non-alcoholic drink you make alcohol and take the alcohol out.

alf2

Islam is a way of life

Red Bull is not good choice for a thirst quencher anyway.. A pure electrolyte based drink (which contains no caffeine) is far better for the body. I personally prefer pure fruit juices over any energy drink.

I'm with you brother.
I have had 1 energy drink, and I cannot see how people enjoy that. I felt jittery the entire time, and my hands were shaking. After about 4 hours, i had a serious CRASH. I was leaning against the wall in the stockroom falling asleep.

I'll take fruit juice or fruit anyday over an energy shot or drink.

Where I work, people buy them by the case.

abu'muhammad

As-salaamu `alaykum

There's a degree on nonsense in such articles. As the manufacturers stated and investigations have confirmed, taurine can be found in other than the testes of bulls and in addition, can be produced synthetically. Naturally, companies choose the latter option as it is far more efficient for production - mass producing taurine in factories would yield far more output than the 'manual' process. This is in turn better for business!

http://www.snopes.com/medical/potables/redbull.asp

Concerning the production of taurine (from Wiki):

"Synthetic taurine is obtained from isethionic acid (2-hydroxyethanesulfonic acid), which in turn is obtained from the reaction of ethylene oxide with aqueous sodium bisulfite. Another approach is the reaction of aziridine with sulfurous acid. This leads directly to taurine.

In 1993, approximately 5,000–6,000 tons of taurine were produced for commercial purposes; 50% for pet food manufacture, 50% in pharmaceutical applications. As of 2010, China alone has more than 40 manufacturers of taurine. Most of these enterprises employ the ethanolamine method to produce a total annual production of about 3,000 tons."

Waalaykum assalaam,

Thank-you for posting. As the reading say and for mass Industrial production on commercial basis the later option is better. Agreed. I am thinking of the countries that have vast plains as well as are agro-based and have large number of cattles than is there a first possibility for producing Taurine and other ingredients for such energy drinks ? I feel that that the first way might be cheaper and we can see that the companies go by low production costs. so is there this first way too ? What’s your take on this akhi ? - much appreciated.

The same way the concern is for medicines and beauty lotions-creams and on. I read some fatwas and that generally say to stay away from all the products that fall in doubtful category. Further, seen that the people aren't much bothered about the back-grounds of all such products, which should be. I remember when ‘Mecca cola’ was introduced here muslims gave unprecedented response but however over-all response summing other communities is not there so may be there are less retailers now- a-days who sell it. The noteworthy thing to be noticed is as muslims we will prefer at most such things that we are very sure of, basing first Islamically, hygienically and so forth. However the foreign energy drinks do not make us that sure-off everytime and we get puzzled whether the ingredients are Ok, way of manufacturing is right and so on. Is it?

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
I'm with you brother.
I have had 1 energy drink, and I cannot see how people enjoy that. I felt jittery the entire time, and my hands were shaking. After about 4 hours, i had a serious CRASH. I was leaning against the wall in the stockroom falling asleep.

Oh, I hope you were okay. That's interesting as a similar phenomenon is experienced when people consume fizzy drinks (carbonated). A short burst of energy and then you feel low (or as you mentioned 'crashing').

I'll take fruit juice or fruit anyday over an energy shot or drink.

Where I work, people buy them by the case.

It always surprised me why people had energy drinks as they are priced 2-3 times more than a pure fruit juice drink (ie back home, not sure about the US). Not only do I prefer the taste of juices, but also it refreshes me a lot more.

alf2

Islam is a way of life

Oh, I hope you were okay. That's interesting as a similar phenomenon is experienced when people consume fizzy drinks (carbonated). A short burst of energy and then you feel low (or as you mentioned 'crashing').

It always surprised me why people had energy drinks as they are priced 2-3 times more than a pure fruit juice drink (ie back home, not sure about the US). Not only do I prefer the taste of juices, but also it refreshes me a lot more.

I was fine thank you for asking. And I've never experienced that from a fizzy drink :O

Well, they are expensive usually. At a regular grocery or gas station, they charge an arm and a leg. But where I work, everything is $1 (The Dollar Tree) We sell off-brand cheap energy drinks & shots from a brand called "Rip It". http://www.dollartree.com/catalog/search.cmd?form_state=searchForm&keyword=rip+it&x=0&y=0

The juice I buy is Tropicana, not from concentrate and is $6. Not bad considering it lasts us like 2 weeks alhamdulilah.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
I was fine thank you for asking. And I've never experienced that from a fizzy drink :O

You are welcome. That's good to know. Alhamdulillah.

The juice I buy is Tropicana, not from concentrate and is $6. Not bad considering it lasts us like 2 weeks alhamdulilah.

Tropicana is quite expensive brand. We get a cheaper imitation of it called 'Simply Orange' in Texas. Also, chilled apple cider after a hard long day is just awesome. It's like 2 dollars for a liter and is unsweetened.

So yea, definitely more economical than energy drinks.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

I had a sort of related question - is it okay if I post here? I wonder if anyone knows whether chocolate liquor contains alcohol in it?

I tried to search for it, and some sites said yes it does, and others, that it doesn't. I also found an interesting bit that 'liquor' doesn't have alcohol, but 'liqeur' does.

Any idea?

Ahsen

I don't think its a problem.In arab culture the bedouins drink camel urine if they are sick or something like that.Also in whole of asia and africa there are many ingredients used in the making of herbs which you will find disgusting to hear about,but they are used in herbal medicine.

alf2

Islam is a way of life

I had a sort of related question - is it okay if I post here? I wonder if anyone knows whether chocolate liquor contains alcohol in it?

I tried to search for it, and some sites said yes it does, and others, that it doesn't. I also found an interesting bit that 'liquor' doesn't have alcohol, but 'liqeur' does.

Any idea?

Surprisingly enough, chocolate liquor does NOT have alcohol in it. It is made when the center of a cocoa bean is grounded into a smooth state then liquidated.

And you are correct, chocolate liqeur DOES have a small amount of alcohol.

Ibn Uthaymin

I don't think its a problem.In arab culture the bedouins drink camel urine if they are sick or something like that.Also in whole of asia and africa there are many ingredients used in the making of herbs which you will find disgusting to hear about,but they are used in herbal medicine.

Bear Grylls once drank his own urine. >_<

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

There are many cultures that encourage drinking one's own urine. They drink this was oj every morning. To each his own.

I'll take a Pespi.