Do you have a question about Arabic ? - Ask here -

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
الـسلام عليكم
يعطيك العافية أخوي أيمن .. آسفة على عدم ردي لأني مشغولة باختباراتي النهائية .. مشكور على جهدك
Pardon my late reply I'm busy nowadays with my final exams pray for me and thank u khayeo Ayman

paki_bro

الـسلام عليكم
يعطيك العافية أخوي أيمن .. آسفة على عدم ردي لأني مشغولة باختباراتي النهائية .. مشكور على جهدك
Pardon my late reply I'm busy nowadays with my final exams pray for me and thank u khayeo Ayman

Assalam o alaykom,
Mashallah ,very interesting thread.I learnt a lot from Sister Fatima( the backbone of this thread). I have a question for Sister Fatima.Sister you used the word "classical Arabic" for "colloquial Arabic/ عامية" .I think Classical Arabic is the arabic of Quran /ahadisأحاديث /old poetry. عامية is not called Classical Arabic.
Thanks

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله و بركاته
The Arabic for Qur'an or Ahadeeth is called " Fos'ha " .. Actually the origion Arabic is only the Fos'ha one , but for several reasons the language started to change and ppl became weak in their language .

I think Classical or colloquial both represent the same thing , some ppl call it the Slang Arabic .

paki_bro

The Arabic for Qur'an or Ahadeeth is called " Fos'ha " .. Actually the origion Arabic is only the Fos'ha one , but for several reasons the language started to change and ppl became weak in their language .

I think Classical or colloquial both represent the same thing , some ppl call it the Slang Arabic .
See what wikipedia says :Classical Arabic (CA), also known as Qur'anic or Koranic.........

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Hummm .. But it's used to name Qur'anic one as Formal ( Fos'ha ) , for our daily speech it's classical Arabic , as we call it here .
Different countries , different names ..

paki_bro

The Quran is in classical Arabic (al-Arabiyya al-Fus_ha). Classical Arabic is the Arabic spoken by the Arabs of the Arabian peninsula in the Seventh Century. It is the language of official announcements, speeches, newspapers and magazines, most radio and TV programs, the laws, etc. This is understood by all Arabs. Colloquial Arabic, on the other hand, is local dialects. Those dialects vary quite a bit and some Arabs may not understand what other Arabs are saying in their local dialects.

I agree with Ayman.

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
Salam alaykum sister, I wanted to know the letter which is in the word "Lathina" "Those who"
and the letter which is in "azeem" some say azeem some say atheem
I have talked to arabs and they say it's not Z nor is it TH its like in the middle "lathzina amanu"
What advice do you have for me in order to pronounce this? it's not easy, do your front teeth go on your toungue when saying lathina? or do you say ladina? Also this is in "aouTHo billah" some say "aouzo billah" some say "Ahoudhu"
Make it clear inshallah ta'ala !!
salamu alaykum

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Salam alaykum sister, I wanted to know the letter which is in the word "Lathina" "Those who"
and the letter which is in "azeem" some say azeem some say atheem
I have talked to arabs and they say it's not Z nor is it TH its like in the middle "lathzina amanu"
What advice do you have for me in order to pronounce this? it's not easy, do your front teeth go on your toungue when saying lathina? or do you say ladina? Also this is in "aouTHo billah" some say "aouzo billah" some say "Ahoudhu"
Make it clear inshallah ta'ala !!
salamu alaykum

Wa Alaikom Assalam brother ,
First , its " Allathena " الذين
The letter is TH ذ , it's like " The " in English . In daily speech some ppl use Z instead of Th but it's wrong , and more wrong if they use it in Qur'an , we should keep on the correct pronounciation .
If u were a female I would pronounce it to you but you are not so I looked for it in internet and I found this :
Press on the voice icon on the map
http://ar.forvo.com/word/الذين#ar

http://ar.forvo.com/word/الَّذِينَ#ar

About Azeem & Atheem I see both are wrong , I used to write it as Adheem ( but not pronounce it like this ) .
The letter in the middle is not as same as the one in Allathena .
Th in Allathena is ذ and the one in Adheem is ظ
Actually Atheem in Arabic means sinsful أثيم but I know the ppl who wrote it with th meant another pronounciation , I found it on that page too :
http://ar.forvo.com/word/العظيم#ar

In " Autho billah " its the same as allathena , you can pronounce the TH as it is in The in English , too .

See it here :
http://ar.forvo.com/word/أَعُوذُ#ar

His voice is very clear .
By the way , The way of writing doesn't matter that much as the way of pronounciation does , because we have many letters in Arabic which are not exist in English so every translator tries to write it in a similar way as Arabic .

I hope you got it ^

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member

they choose the similar number to represent each letter , for e . g . 7 = ح
it's a kinda similar .

:)

:salam2: Sister,

Jazaki Allahu Khayr Sister. I always used to wonder about the numbers used in the arabic letters...I used to ignore it, assuming it to be a typing mistake.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullah,

I must say, I'm actually still struggling to spell the arabic words correctly. (BTW, my spelling will always be corrected by sister Fatima lol). And yes, most of the time we represent ذ with the letter z instead of zha.

But alhamdulillah, I think here at my place, we are aware of the correct pronunciation, only that what I realised about most of the people here, they have a hard time to pronounce "Qalqalah" words such as qaaf ق and dhaad ض. Like Brother Ayman has mentioned.

My cousin who works in Oman, one time she told her students that the professor is at Sur. And then her students said, where is Sur? Well it was because she mistakenly pronunced it as ثور when the correct pronunciation is صور.

AND

My friend's name is spelled as Thaibah. Some might read it as Thai-bah. But knowing the way some arabic words spelled in Malay language, I knew its Tho-yee-bah طيبة.

I think its due to the diversity of people with different tongues. But of course, its always nice to pronunce and spell it the exact, correct way.

Just thought like sharing :)

P/S:

Sister Fatima,

How about if you write out the correct spelling of the arabic huroof into English words. Starting with aliff, baa...

And the huroof sometimes represents by numbers, you might want to include that too.:wink:

Wassalam.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullah,

I must say, I'm actually still struggling to spell the arabic words correctly. (BTW, my spelling will always be corrected by sister Fatima lol). And yes, most of the time we represent ذ with the letter z instead of zha.

But alhamdulillah, I think here at my place, we are aware of the correct pronunciation, only that what I realised about most of the people here, they have a hard time to pronounce "Qalqalah" words such as qaaf ق and dhaad ض. Like Brother Ayman has mentioned.

My cousin who works in Oman, one time she told her students that the professor is at Sur. And then her students said, where is Sur? Well it was because she mistakenly pronunced it as ثور when the correct pronunciation is صور.

AND

My friend's name is spelled as Thaibah. Some might read it as Thai-bah. But knowing the way some arabic words spelled in Malay language, I knew its Tho-yee-bah طيبة.

I think its due to the diversity of people with different tongues. But of course, its always nice to pronunce and spell it the exact, correct way.

Just thought like sharing :)

P/S:

Sister Fatima,

How about if you write out the correct spelling of the arabic huroof into English words. Starting with aliff, baa...

And the huroof sometimes represents by numbers, you might want to include that too.:wink:

Wassalam.
مرحباً حبيبتي عائشة , اشتقتُ إليكِ منذ مدة لم أركِ على الماسنجر :hearts:
بالنسبة لموضوع الأحرف وضعته منذ مدة طويلة بالقسم هنا و بإمكانكِ الإطلاع عليه
و الأرقام المستخدمة كبديل للحروف العربية كنت قد وضعت رداً بها لكني كسلى حتى أبحث عنها :eek:
لم أفهم اسم قريبتك .. طيبة تكتب هكذا Taybah

I'm using Arabic with you because you must practise with someone , you and one of the British sisters here are the best in Arabic ma sha'a Allah ( I mean not native Arabic speakers )

أراكِ على خير يا عسل ^​

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
مرحباً حبيبتي عائشة , اشتقتُ إليكِ منذ مدة لم أركِ على الماسنجر :hearts:
بالنسبة لموضوع الأحرف وضعته منذ مدة طويلة بالقسم هنا و بإمكانكِ الإطلاع عليه
و الأرقام المستخدمة كبديل للحروف العربية كنت قد وضعت رداً بها لكني كسلى حتى أبحث عنها :eek:
لم أفهم اسم قريبتك .. طيبة تكتب هكذا Taybah

I'm using Arabic with you because you must practise with someone , you and one of the British sisters here are the best in Arabic ma sha'a Allah ( I mean not native Arabic speakers )

أراكِ على خير يا عسل ^​

MashaAllah! Your arabic looks hard for me to understand. I haven't reach to that level yet. :)

And ukhti, I'm not British lol. I thought we already got to know each other. I'm a Malaysian, specifically a Kelantanese. You once asked me about my hometown.

But yeah, I think its SOOO great I'm learning arabic again, which I've left since high school. Really miss learning arabic. But of course, I wasn't always the best in Arabic language in class :wink:

In the meantime, I need to figure out what you wrote in the arabic language. Will be back soon lol

Take care.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Nope , I won't translate :p
I know you are not a British . I said you are and one of my British friends are good in Arabic :)

deen_islam_4ever

deen_islam_4every1
assalaaam alaikum

:salam2:

Can anyone translate these sentences for me in Kuwaiti Arabic language?:hijabi:

(1) I am learning my lesson
(2) Don’t disturb me
(3) I am busy
(4) I have learnt my lesson
(5) I want to learn my lesson
(6) I am cooking
(7) I am working
(8) Today is my turn
(9) I am washing dishes
(10) What are you doing?

:tti_sister: may Allah help us
:salam2:

Ibn Uthaymin

Assalamu alykum

I need help with some piece of writing. Its regarding grammar.

كان ابراهيم نبيا وكان اسم ? ازر

is it ابيها/ابؤها /اباه ?

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Assalamu alykum

I need help with some piece of writing. Its regarding grammar.

كان ابراهيم نبيا وكان اسم ? ازر

is it ابيها/ابؤها /اباه ?

In addition to brother's Ayman answer , there are some of dictation mistakes !
إبراهيم .. آزر .. أبيها .. أبوها .. أباه
It's with Ya because it came as Modhaf .

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
As-salaamu'alaykum,

Just a question on tarkeeb...

I'm confused when in comes to badal and its aqsaam. I really hope someone can explain it properly. Especially badal al Ishtimaal. Ugh.. difficult.

JazakAllah khair

Wassalam

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
Excellent my dear
مستواكِ رائع ما شاء الله
استطعتِ الإجابة بشكل صحيح يا عسل :hearts:

Sorry it took me a long time to reply sister. Lol.

مستواكِ رائع ما شاء الله
I have no idea. Cant be bothered to get my dictionary LOL.

استطعتِ الإجابة بشكل صحيح يا عسل
You answered correctly honey :p. *استطعتِ literally means power/strength right sis?*

Wassalaam

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Jazakallahu khayran

Is there a specific name regarding this grammar rule? I need to read more of it.

و إياك
نعم , يوجد قاعدة لها تسمًّى : الأسماء الخمسة
و هي : حمو - فو -ذو -أبو -أخو
Yes there is a specific grammer called : The Five Nouns
They are : Abo - 7amo - Akho - fo -tho