Do you pray (make Salah) regurlarly?

Do you pray (make Salah) the five times regurlarly?

• Ofcourse, it's compulsory, no question!

Votes: 136 71.2%
  • I pray but not five times a day yet, I am trying though. :)

Votes: 50 26.2%
  • I pray only on Ramadan!

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I go for prayer, when Eid comes!

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I've never prayed yet, I'd like to try the muslim prayer though!

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bismillah,

:salam2:

As prayer (Salah) is the second Pillar in Islam, we wanted to know whether you pray the five compulsory times a day, how often do you pray if not five times, have you never prayed yet and would like to try the muslim form of prayer!

Sincere answers though:).

Jazakumullahu khayran.

wassalaam.

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum.

Sincere question brother... but I hope you're not being mean to us girls! ;)

Just joking.

shabnum

i pray 5x a day alhumdulilah.

iv seen the poll chart mashallah it is high may allah reward all of them ameen.

:wasalam: :salah:

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member

Looool...sister!:)

You sisters are giftet from Allah (swt) and make the half of our Ummah alhamdulillah. Those exceptions are from Allah (swt), He's the AllWise, AllKnowing. ;)

wassalaam.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum Brother,

Muslims of today "unfortunately" can be classified as :

1) Fiver's: Obvious
2) Seven'ers: Jummah ONLY
3) 365'ers: Eid ONLY
4) Lif'ers: Never pray but Prayer is done ON them i.e. Salatul Janaza

Jazakullah Khairun

aliff

Assalamu A'laikum,

I try to pray 5 times a day, sometimes i miss the fajr prayer :'(, but other namaj (Zuhr, Asr, Magrib, Esha) are alhamdulillah fine :salah:. Specially, when i have assignments due the next day, i sometimes miss the fajr prayer as i stay awake till late night. Today i woke up at 9.00am (Fajr ends at 7.15am! :confused: )

Also, i am not sure which option to pick, i do pray 5 times a day but like i said sometimes i miss fajr ! so option 1 doesn't fit in my case ( as i am not always praying 5 times a day 365 a year ). Also, option 2 doesnot fit me, because most of the time i do pray 5 times. I miss sometimes, i am trying to get it right though ! kinda confused which option fits me :S

@Globalpeace, i dont fall into any of your category ! LOL !

wassalam

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
Assalamu A'laikum,

I try to pray 5 times a day, sometimes i miss the fajr prayer :'(, but other namaj (Zuhr, Asr, Magrib, Esha) are alhamdulillah fine :salah:. Specially, when i have assignments due the next day, i sometimes miss the fajr prayer as i stay awake till late night. Today i woke up at 9.00am (Fajr ends at 7.15am! :confused: )

Also, i am not sure which option to pick, i do pray 5 times a day but like i said sometimes i miss fajr ! so option 1 doesn't fit in my case ( as i am not always praying 5 times a day 365 a year ). Also, option 2 doesnot fit me, because most of the time i do pray 5 times. I miss sometimes, i am trying to get it right though ! kinda confused which option fits me :S

@Globalpeace, i dont fall into any of your category ! LOL !

wassalam

It's not important to fall in a particular category (apart from the first one though), the important thing is that we may answer the call of Allah (swt) and fulfill our duties, that should be our main purpose in life!

May Allah (swt) help you to perform your prayers on their time insha'Allah, for it doesn't take that long for fajr either ;).

wassalaam.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
sometimes i miss the fajr prayer :'(

Don't worry! The Prophet Muhammad :)saw:) once said that if someone forgets a prayer (by sleep, literally forgetting, etc.), "let him pray as soon as he remembers". Therefore, as soon as you wake up and/or as soon as you remember you missed Fajr (or any other prayer) pray it as soon as you remember. You can even pray it during forbidden times if you truly forgot the prayer!

Also, remember that you can pray Zuhr and 'Asr together (4 rakat then salam, then immediatly afterwards 4 rakat and salam) and Maghrib and 'Ishaa. You can pray Zuhr/'Asr together at the time for Zuhr or 'Asr, and Maghrib/'Ishaa at the time for Maghrib or 'Ishaa.

Do NOT combine the prayers literally! Do the fard/sunnah rakat for Zuhr first (if combining Zuhr and 'Asr) or the fard/sunnah rakat for Maghrib (if combining Maghrib and 'Ishaa), say salam (looking over right and left shoulder and saying 'Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullah), then get up and do the fard/sunnah rakat for 'Asr and 'Ishaa (depending on the time).

Remember, also, to pray the prayers in the order they were do. For example, if combining 'Asr and Zuhr, do Zuhr first (since it was to be due earlier).

The rule of "combining" the prayers is not valid for Fajr; Fajr must be done seperatly with no other prayers to be "combined" with it.

This helps me a lot. I get home from school after the time of Zuhr, so I combine Zuhr and 'Asr. Also, sometimes I wake up around 7:00 AM (Fajr ends around 6:45 AM this season for my timezone) so I pray Fajr as soon as I remember.

Alhamdallah! He has made our religion and lives easier!

:wasalam:

samiha

---------
Staff member

Also, remember that you can pray Zuhr and 'Asr together (4 rakat then salam, then immediatly afterwards 4 rakat and salam) and Maghrib and 'Ishaa. You can pray Zuhr/'Asr together at the time for Zuhr or 'Asr, and Maghrib/'Ishaa at the time for Maghrib or 'Ishaa.

REMEMBER!!! DO NOT make this a habit, Allah (swt) made prayers at specific times for a reason, just because you can under dire situations perhaps combine prayers, DON"T take advantage.

Travellers have been given this leinency... but not everyone. You MUST strive to pray on time!!! If we all decided, just because for travellers it's allowed to combine prayers, and we can do it too, then our deen would be messed up!

I can just imagine excuses,

"You know, i gotta finish this movie, so i'm gonna pray together"
"I am too cold to go make wudu now, i'll wait till the nightime to do it all together"

(i probably just thought of that one because my hands are so frozen, it's hard to type)

etc... Astagfirullah! I mean really now... don't make it habit, and i would never, never, unless they are a traveller, or can't make salah at all, suggest combining.

My opinion....

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Masha Allah...
Well one more thing which i would like to add and which has helped me too is that instead of waking up late till night for studies, sleep a bit early and then you wake up for Tahajjud as well as for Fazr.But it depends according to your scheduling of school or University. But I have found it to be very helpful.
In this way you feel more closer to Allah Subhanahu wa Taala.
This should be our everyday aim ofcourse...so that we get more and more closer to THE ALMIGHTY ALLAH.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah

Would me being in school or my brother being home good reasons?

Me being in school is self-explanatory since my teachers won't let me out, if I'm not at lunch I will get yelled at, and to perform wudu/pray in the bathroom would take a long time and thus making the teachers not allow me to go back.

My brother being home needs some explaining. He moves around the house a lot and our house is a small, one-room apartment (read: has no privacy). I've also didn't tell him I was Muslim, he figured out by himself and once made fun of Islam; I know he sees it as a violent religion and will do something bad if he sees me praying.

acedoc

flaw in this survey

Bismillah,

As prayer (Salah) is the second Pillar in Islam, we wanted to know whether you pray the five compulsory times a day, how often do you pray if not five times, have you never prayed yet and would like to try the muslim form of prayer!

Sincere answers though:).

Jazakumullahu khayran.

wassalaam.

:wasalam: wa Rahmatullah wa Barakatuh

Br. Ibn Azem,

Jazak Allah khairan, good effort and wonderful reminder.
I however suspect only bros/sis heer who do pray (even if only occasionally) answer this survey. Those who don't pray will not bother with taking this survey.

We must follow (and submit) to the Law laid-down by our Creator (SWT).

PLEASE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO PRAY ON-TIME (and in congregation/Jam'a) FIVE TIMES A DAY

acedoc

16 benefits of Salat (prayer) by Shaikh Al Islam (Ibn Al Qayyim)

:salam2: wa Rahmatullah wa Barakatuh

Bismilahir Rahmanir Raheem

18 Benefits of Prayer
Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah [d.751]
Source: Zaad al-Ma'aad (4/304-305)
translated for www.bakkah.net [1]

[In the Name of Allaah, the Compassionate, the Most Merciful...]

In his excellent book, Zaad al-Ma'aad, in the section which includes the book, At-Tibb an-Nabawee, Shaykh al-Islaam Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have Mercy on him) stated in his alphabetized discussion of medicines and nutrition:

- Prayer -

Allaah the Exalted has said:

( And seek help in patience and in prayer. Surely that is something quite difficult on (people) other than people of humility and submissiveness ) [2]

And He has said:

( O you who believe! Seek help in patience and in prayer! Verily, Allaah is with those who are patient. ) [3]

And He, the Exalted One, has said:

(And command your family to pray, and be patient upon that. We are not asking you for any provisions, (rather) We provide for you, and the favorable outcome is for (those with) taqwaa (consciousness of Allaah that produces righteous actions). ) [4]

And in the Books of Sunnah it is reported that the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) used to hasten to prayer whenever an affair disturbed him. And previously discussed was the concept of healing most ailments through prayer before seeking out other ways of dealing with them.

- 1 - Prayer is something that causes one to receive sustenance.

- 2 - It is something that safeguards one's physical health.

- 3 - It keeps away harmful things.

- 4 - It casts away illnesses.

- 5 - It strengthens the heart.

- 6 - It brightens one's countenance.

- 7 - It delights the soul.

- 8 - It gets rid of laziness.

- 9 - It makes the limbs active.

- 10 - It increases one's physical strength.

- 11 - It expands the chest (making one at ease and giving him insight).

- 12 - It is nourishment for the soul.

- 13 - It illuminates the heart.

- 14 - It safeguards one's blessings.

- 15 - It repels catastrophes.

- 16 - It brings on blessings.

- 17 - It keeps away the Shaytaan (the Devil).

- 18 - It draws one close to Ar-Rahmaan (Allaah, the Most Merciful).

acedoc

Ruling concerning one who does not pray

The ruling concerning one who does not pray

Question: What is the ruling concerning a person who died and he did not pray, although his parents were Muslims? How should he be dealt with concerning the washing of his body, shrouding, prayer, burial, supplications and asking for mercy upon him?

Response: Any sane adult person who dies and does not pray, given that he knows the Islaamic ruling about prayer, is a disbeliever. He is not to be washed nor should he be prayed over. He is not to be buried in the Muslim cemetery. His Muslim relatives do not inherit from him. In fact, his wealth is to be given to the state treasury according to the strongest opinion among the scholars. This is based on the authentic hadeeth in which the Prophet (sal-Allaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam) said, "Between a person and kufr (disbelief) and shirk (associating partners with Allaah) is the abandonment of the prayer." This was recorded by Imam Muslim in his Saheeh. The Prophet (sal-Allaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam) also said, "The covenant dividing us and them is the prayer. Whoever abandons it has committed kufr (apostasy)." This was recorded by Ahmad and the Compilers of the Sunan with an authentic chain from the Hadeeth of Buraydah. ‘Abdullaah ibn Shaqeeq al-'Aqeelee, one of the Noble Followers, stated, "The Companions of the Prophet (sal-Allaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam) did not consider the abandonment of any act as kufr except the [abandonment of] prayer." There are many Ahaadeeth and reports with that meaning. This is concerning the one who does not pray out of laziness. The one who refuses to accept it as being obligatory is an apostatising disbeliever according to all of the scholars of Islaam.

We ask Allaah to make the affairs of the Muslims good and lead them to follow the Straight Path. He is the All-Hearing, the Responder.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz
Fataawa al-Mar.ah

Mohammad Toseef

salam
if i need to ask a question from some brothers...what should i do...shall i just post it normally or......please tell me beacause i need to ask a question about fajr prayer
Jazakallah

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum Brother,

Please note that I beleive this to be an incorrect statement:

I hope all muslim brothers and sister know that according to four Imams (i.e. Shafi, Malik,Hanbal and Abu Hanifa) one who does NOT pray is OUT of Islam

I am very certain that it is not the case in the Hanafi & Shaf'ae madhab beacause it is specifically mentioned in Qudoori/Hidaaya (Hanafi Madhab) [See Darse-Tirmidhi by Mufti Taqi Usmani] & it is the position of Imam Nawawi in the Shaf'ae Madhab as well (which is the strongest opinion in the Shaf'ae Madhab) [See Reliance on the traveller by Shaikh Keller]

When discussing Madhahib you have to understand that they are NOT static and have various opinions in them and that a view in the Madhab is ascribed to the strongest opinion in it...

When brothers/sisters accuse others who follom Madhab of blind following they usually take the former position & imagine Madhab to be static and consider the opinion of the original scholar i.e. Imam Abu Haneefa to be the last word (RA) (almost gospal like)...There are many issues where the opinion of Imam Abu Haneefa (RA) is considerably weaker & that of his students stronger & therefore adopted...It is NOT a one man show as misunderstood by many...& off course many (you may say overwhelming majority) of scholars followed Madhab but NOT blindly (thats the key) such as Imam Tirmidhi, Imam Muslim, Imam Nasaai, Imam Abu Daw'ood, Imam Nawawi (RA on all of them)...where they weighed the evidence & took opinions from within Madhab & outside

The correct statement may be:

I hope all muslim brothers and sister know that according to four Imams (i.e. Shafi, Malik,Hanbal and Abu Hanifa) one who does consider Salah to be FARDH is OUT of Islam

However this DOES NOT change the fact that a number of Scholars from the Sahaba (RA) & Taba'een (RA) do have this position so brothers/sisters should beware...

Jazakullah Khairun

dna1987

Muslim Guy
100% of the people on this website (so far) pray regularly and/or they are trying to.

And I'm not that surprised.... it's rare that somebody not in those two categories would be interested in a site like this.

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would me being in school or my brother being home good reasons?

Me being in school is self-explanatory since my teachers won't let me out, if I'm not at lunch I will get yelled at, and to perform wudu/pray in the bathroom would take a long time and thus making the teachers not allow me to go back.

My brother being home needs some explaining. He moves around the house a lot and our house is a small, one-room apartment (read: has no privacy). I've also didn't tell him I was Muslim, he figured out by himself and once made fun of Islam; I know he sees it as a violent religion and will do something bad if he sees me praying.

My dear brother in Islam,
I
can imagine your situation, however, as far as the school is concerned I don't know whyt kind of conditions you have at school so I don't know what to say.
But as for at home you have to remind yourself that it's Allah (swt) we should focus on, what He wants from us is important and not what our brother things of us or Islam.

And in the end, if you're not able to explain to your brother about yourself and your decision about Islam, and make him understand why you do what you do, then who is?! You can explain it to him (I'm sure you do, just reminding insha'Allah) about the real Islam, which has nothing to do what the media throws at Islam!

Remember that Allah (swt) is going to take us to account for our prayers and not for the feelings of people towards Islam!

May Allah (swt) help you do your prayers on time, and guide us all to His straight Path.

wassalaam.

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member

I have also to warn our dear brothers and sisters about one issue, that we should:

1. Always doublecheck our posts when we are posting anything that has to do with rulings on Islam (fatwas).

2. When we use the name of one, or two names of scholars, or even none, we have to bring proof, solid proof with the source to support our view, and not just our typing of the letters according to our wishes or feelings and give a fatwa!

You can always say: "I personally think", "I believe", "to my understanding" or phrases alike, that is allowed, but not to give rulings on your own without knowledge!

That is not going to be allowed in any case, because these are serious issues and people can go out and take those rulings (which for sure happen nowdays) and make people kafirs or similar accusations, and aren't even aware themselves what they're doing!

I hope that is clear to all of us!

wassalaam.