Do you Study or Work...!?, Educated or Careers...!?

Slave Of Ar-Ra7MaN

#Islam #Oreos
salaaaamz

salaamz bro N sister In ISLAM,
As i can c what u guys wrote wooooooooooow Masha'ALLAH...i'm afraid if u guys laugh @ me after i tell u:(
I'm a senior ( 11th grade ) In a High School but alhamdulilah i also study by reading some Islamic articles N listening some Lectures of Bro Anwar Al-Awlaki N Bilal Philiphs N other brothers as well:)
wassalaam

3ashah

asalamu aleykum

why laughing at u sis slave?... hmm u know me too that i'm junior or 12th grade:) so there is no need to be shy sis
i also study my religion by going to Quran Madarasa on Saturdays and Sundays alhamdulilah
wasalamu aleykum

Slave Of Ar-Ra7MaN

#Islam #Oreos
3ashah said:
why laughing at u sis slave?... hmm u know me too that i'm junior or 12th grade:) so there is no need to be shy sis
i also study my religion by going to Quran Madarasa on Saturdays and Sundays alhamdulilah
wasalamu aleykum
salaam sis,
ok, jazaka'ALLAHU khair Wa Baraka'ALLAHU Feek sis NICE ( 3ashah ) 4 ur encouraging:)
May ALLAH have his mercy on u N all da Muslimeen 4ever-Ameen
wassalam
ur sister

3assal

Slave Of Ar-Ra7MaN said:
As i can c what u guys wrote wooooooooooow Masha'ALLAH...i'm afraid if u guys laugh @ me after i tell u:(
I'm a senior ( 11th grade ) In a High School but alhamdulilah i also study by reading some Islamic articles N listening some Lectures of Bro Anwar Al-Awlaki N Bilal Philiphs N other brothers as well:)
wassalaam

Why would we laugh? we have all been in 11th grade at some point in our lives. We cannot jump directly to college, you need a foundation to get there :) good luck in your studies sis :)

:salam2:

B.H.

I have a Bachelors Degree in History plus some graduate credit in History and Childhood Education behind me.

I agree that ultimately it is ones knowledge of Allah and Islam that is most important in the long run, but it is good to go and educate yourself, and through formal schooling at that.

I have an uncle who has read hundreds of books on World War Two because he just loves the subject. He also has subscriptions to most of the reputable military history magazines I believe.

Even though he knows more than I do, who studied World War Two as an undergraduate and graduate, who is going to get the teaching job? Me because I had the degree.

I will freely admit that anything I have learned in school one could learn on their own, and even excel what I have done if they have the self discipline to do it (which even then would not be too hard), but employers are going to require the degree because it is company policy or the law of the land dictates you have to have the degree.

I also agree that a lot of education is hype more than substance in some cases i.e. putting on a show.

If you have not gone to school or are not able to, don't let people look down on you for it---my uncle knows a lot more than I do about World War Two and he is a mechanic making more money than I am on top of that. However, there is the practical side you have to consider which is that often times you may know something but if you don't have the degree you won't get the job. Also, while my uncle is doing well right now his job is hard on his body having to lift heavy things and work in the heat all day for 12 or 14 hours.

Funny thing too---you can get so well educated that no one will hire you for certain jobs. I tried teaching school but quite because of the severe discipline problems in our public schools. I have applied for all sorts of positions that pay fairly well that I could do only to be told I am overqualified. Seems my nerdy little self got myself in a fix of a mess.

cpeloewetse

I studied Interior design 2 years in college. At the moment I am looking for a job, in that field, or Teaching if Allah wills. InshaAllah I will find something soon.

B.H.

Slave Of Ar-Ra7MaN said:
wassalaam

That's nothing to be ashamed of. Be the best high school student you can be and remember we are a little farther ahead simply because we are a little older, but not anyway better than you in Allah's sight.

B.H.

38khadj said:
As salaam Mo Alikum
Quite right, what you say but if we look at the condition of our muslims today, the people who are educated how many actually help the uninterlectual. The people who are strong how many of them do help the weak?
The people who have knowledge of Islam how many do help the ignorant?
The people who are rich how many help the poor?
Mankind will always look and say he is doing something good, but we will get lost on the way, power, pride, lack of sincerety to Allah.
Can a man stay dry when walking on water?

What you say is right, but the Prophet Mohammad SAW is the best.
Knowledge is our weapon, not our fists. If not used properly we harm the Ummah of our beloved Mohammad SAW.

Wasalaam

I live in Texas, one of the states in the United States of America and am a new convert to Islam. Around where I live only around 10% of the population has a four year college degree or higher. My Bachelors Degree and 12/15 hours towards a Masters puts me in the higher echelon as far as schooling is concerned. However, who would someone rather come to for instruction about Islam? Me or a brother or sister who never went to college but knows the Holy Quran by heart as well as much Arabic?

If they are wise they will go to the brother who knows his Quran and pay no respect to my education.

muslimlady

Islam is a way of life, do not illegitimise that fact

I just read this today. Regroup people. Hence we should ask ourselves, What ARE the commandments of Allah subhanataala and what are the ways of our Prophet Mohammad peace be upon him......
If Islam is indeed a way of life,logically it encompasses everything does it not? Hence the need for doctors, engineers, tradesmen, retailers, farmers, shepherds and the list goes on.
It would be very short sighted for us to even consider that Phd and the likes has no weight in the eyes of Allah subhanawataala.
Our prophet Muhammad peace be upon him was a shepherd and thereafter a trader. Salman al farisy was an engineer, hence the battle of Khandak was named after Salman suggested that deep drains be dugged to prevent the enemies from coming in. The mosques, orphanages, hospitals, libraries, schools designed, financed and built are amal jariah; that is, perpetual reward for those involved for the duration of its life.
It is not just an art people. It is our means to an end really. A means to please Allah subhanawataala.
May Allah subhanawataala forgive me if I have erred.
Only Allah subhanawataala knows.

38khadj said:
May Allahs Peace and Blessing be upon You
I believe the best form of education is following the commandments of Allah and the beloved ways of our Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him)
Every other knowledge is just a art, phd ect has no weight in the eyes of Allah one must keep it as an nesccessity. The knowledge that is important is the one that only gets us closer to Allah SWT. Our Prophet Mohammad peace be upon him could not read or write, yet he was the greatest Prophet and the best of all men. What a great example he set to his companions and the people after him.
Our purpose in this life is preparing for death, so one should use his gifts and interlect which Allah has bestowed upon him to benefit him. If one is not doing this then he or she are wasting their time.

May Allah give us the ablity to use our time correctly Inshallah.

Karima

Alhamdulillah
brother yaseem...and to the rest on this thread.....

Combining Islam with working and being an example for all to see can be good for the works of Allah to filter through you!

The initial statement of this Thread was to 'kindly' know what we are all doing with our lives. No one is better than the other. We are sharing where we are on our lifelong journey towards Paradise and to please Allah.

Among being a former teacher with an Elementary Ed Degree, I have accomplished musical abilities, and to be honest, the most humbling thing that I do now, is take care of the beautiful horses that I own, and ducks that roam the property Allah has blessed me with, not only that, but replenish the duck food that the nightly deer come to feed on. I take pleasure in mowing the grass that the rains have graciously helped to grow....and the list goes on.

Most of all, I begin my day with the first prayer, and then walk outside to the nature of Allah, to begin feeding the animals, and then come back inside to search for a continuation of a yearning for knowledge of Islam which never dries out.

Doing my BEST in whatever task I have to undertake is what is important for me. Helping others comes naturally for me, and alhamdulillah, and many thanks for the muslims who have shown me this in their daily lives.

Reading the Qur'an is the best book I can put my eyes into. Knitting while visiting with muslima friends is a pleasant way to spend my time.

henna

salams,
lucky u, i am stuck just about to go to year ten and listen to all the boring lectures that await, can life get any boring. just cant wait to get out inshahallah.
wish u the best in future.
salams.

Hasib

first of all I am a university student studing computer science.
I plan to study the worldly knowledge as well as the islamic knowledge. this is because I believe that this world is from Allah as He has created every thing that we see and cant see. Thus more knowledge about the world will help us understand the greatness of Allah but we should know our priorities (the importance of the knowledge of deen).

I also should mention that if the organisers had no knowledge of computing they would not have come up with this site. So, for that we should all thank Allah for what knowledge we get and use them responsibly.

Back to the my studies. I plan to study as much as Allah allows and then return to my country, Bangladesh (if Allah wills), where I will work and live an islamic life incha-allah :bananabb2in:

:wasalam:

samshki

I'm doing a degree in English Literature. I've recently been worried as to how on earth an English Literature degree could be of any good to myself Islamically and to the ummah as a whole. I guess an obvious choice would be to try and get into media because there aren't many Muslims in that field, but apparently its a very competitive area and I'd love just to stay in university forever and become a lecturer. Well I'll see what happens, inshaAllah I'll be led to put my degree to good use.

anna

undecided yet!

i am confused whether i should do psychiatry or psychology.i am more into therapy and counselling but psychiatry ppl say has a wider scope.
i have a question for u beko29 (u av such a wonderful job) wat did u study for that.
p.s any suggestions are welcome.:salam2:

afnan

sister dua for haj
the last ayah of surah arroom for 3 days 2100 times each day 700 times(2100/3)
:jazaak:

i am studying english literature n am just entered into madrassah(spiritual school):)

Destiny_Jannah

I'm..studying sciences..but I won't be too specific about..and Insha'Allah..going to study medicine..so I can go...on..helping the poor in the developing world...Insha'Allah...

education is very important..is the only way we can help the Ummah..but..we should balance both education and practicing faith....we should also learn more about Islam..

stranger786

Dream of His Slavery
IMP Thinking...

We all are at important time when world is divided into two parts Muslims or Non-Muslims.The condition of Umma is very sad .We are weak in every term and that weakness cause many distruction by west against muslim countries.

The first and main reason behind this is that we forgot our teaching of Islam.We lost our dignity . Our condition is just like that we are humilated in every respect at every part of the world.Ofcourse its firstly our weakness which gave a chance to non-Muslim to invade Muslims countries both phyically and idealogically.

The sloution to this problem is that we get higher education with a good intention of serving Islam and humnity.Muslim Umma need scholars,researchers, media experts, Engineers, scientist . I am not negating the need for Islamic scholar.What I am meaning is that we need persons of all occupation with Islamic aptitude.A genius scientist without having feeling to serve Musilms society is for no use.

So I request you Brother and Sisters that just raise our kids with Islamic aptitude and then gave them excellent education.If all is done with the good intention then a good Scientist will have same reward as Muslim scholar,thats what i think.

May God give Muslim Umma pride and respect..

west

Studied 1.marketing 2. Travel and Tourism 3. a list of various certificates.
Worked in various industry sectors: from banking to tiling

Am now self-employed - own an internet cafe

newusman

Muslim
Well im a full time student doing undergrad in Business Admin... im looking for work.. but no luck yet... where i live students normally dont tend to work. but i wanna get things going... I'm waiting for Allah to bless me with his bounties :) :bananabb2in:

newusman

Muslim
Gaining knowledge of this dubia

its not at all bad to gain knowledge of this dunia. infact when your knowledge will lead you to halaal means of earning which you will then spend on halaal aswell. so it makes sense. doesnt it. and plus you will be contributing towards the success of the ummah aswell (xtrmly important)...
click on the following link to get a better picture
http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=10471&ln=eng