Votes: 25 54.3%
  • What is a Miswak?

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Where can i buy one ?

:salam2:

For those living in Singapore, you can buy it at Arab Street, just beside the Sultan Mosque. There are different types. There are the big, thick ones and there are the small and slim ones... which I just found out yesterday.
The price ranges from $1 to $3.
The one which I bought cost $4 per stick...:angryred: .. I bought it from another shop...

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Aniways....

How do you all feel using miswak for the first time???
As for me, it taste really bitter...

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

For those living in Singapore, you can buy it at Arab Street, just beside the Sultan Mosque. There are different types. There are the big, thick ones and there are the small and slim ones... which I just found out yesterday.
The price ranges from $1 to $3.
The one which I bought cost $4 per stick...:angryred: .. I bought it from another shop...

But arab street is too far . Any place near??Bedok?/
So if you use a miswak, do u still need to brush using (toothpaste and toothbrush.)...??

justmuslim

no i dont use it.but i know using miswak is sunnah.there are alot of benefits of using it.
1.gums get strong.
2.smell of mouth will finish.
3.eye sight gets good.
4.food digests well.
and there are lots more.
wa slaam.

asalamu allaykum
i don't use it but i want to know if it is different than toothbrush

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
But arab street is too far . Any place near??Bedok?/
So if you use a miswak, do u still need to brush using (toothpaste and toothbrush.)...??

There's one at Joo Chiat.. thats the shop that cost $4 per stick!!!
I'm not sure if there's any other places.
I don't think there's a need to use toothpaste.. think about the days of our Prophet.. I don't think they have toothpaste and toothbrush.
But if you get uncomfortable, maybe you can use both; miswak & toothpaste..
For more information about the goodness of Miswak, you can get it here..: http://www.miraclebrush.com/
As for the way to use it... you have to peel the outerpart, not all of it but just the tip. Then you see the brush-like.. Pretty amazing.. I remember when I was a kid, I just use the whole stick and brush it to my teeth without peeling it, LOL..
How to use Miswak: http://www.miraclebrush.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=32&Itemid=

Aniways, is Miswak and Siwaak the same thing, just a diff name???

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
There's one at Joo Chiat.. thats the shop that cost $4 per stick!!!
I'm not sure if there's any other places.
I don't think there's a need to use toothpaste.. think about the days of our Prophet.. I don't think they have toothpaste and toothbrush.
But if you get uncomfortable, maybe you can use both; miswak & toothpaste..
For more information about the goodness of Miswak, you can get it here..: http://www.miraclebrush.com/
As for the way to use it... you have to peel the outerpart, not all of it but just the tip. Then you see the brush-like.. Pretty amazing.. I remember when I was a kid, I just use the whole stick and brush it to my teeth without peeling it, LOL..
How to use Miswak: http://www.miraclebrush.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=32&Itemid=

Aniways, is Miswak and Siwaak the same think just a diff name???

JazakAllah khair. Lots of info there

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah
Keep the Sunah.

I use it and love it, it feels more fresher. The prophet (scw) used it and recomemded for us to use it before our five daily prayers and after sleep and after eating. Imagine if we used it that much we would never need dentist, :blackhijab:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

I use it and love it, it feels more fresher. The prophet (scw) used it and recomemded for us to use it before our five daily prayers and after sleep and after eating. Imagine if we used it that much we would never need dentist, :blackhijab:

If we brush a lot of times , does it spoil the gums??
What is the number of times to use it daily?? 7? 5 fard prayers, morning n night?

Subhanallah I purchased a miswak once in one of the local stores and subhanallah it stunk I felt like vomiting not to mention the thing was brand new but it was so sticky and smelly and everything that associates with bad smell subhanallah I wanted to return to the store but I didnt know how to lol… never will I be buying any miswak from any store any time soon. we have this nice tree in my house and we use it as a miswak it’s really nice and it has nice aroma…before I use to hack every tree I come across to use it as miswak but stopped when my mother told me some trees are poisonous.

If we brush a lot of times , does it spoil the gums??
What is the number of times to use it daily?? 7? 5 fard prayers, morning n night?

you can use it 5 times a day before every salah there is ahadith that the Prophet said, “If it had not been a great burden on my Ummah, I would have ordered them to use miswak at every wudu”

or you can use after every meal or during at night or in the morning...it doesnt harm the gum infact there was ahadith that was narrated from Umar [i think] the prophet [saw] said:'Make a regular practice of the Miswaak, for verily, it is healthy for the mouth and it is a Pleasure for the Creator (i.e. Allah is pleased with the Muslim who uses the Miswaak)'."(BUKHARI)

It's totally up to you brother no harm at all..

:wasalam:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
salaam alikom

fo r people who want to learn,

[yt]Ox7rXUeaVzs[/yt]

wa salaam alikom

JazakAllah khair, waited too long for this.....:SMILY139: jk

how does scraping makes it become into string. Amazing indeed

Do u brush of lightly or...?

So for asking too many question.... Curiousity is high at the moment