Dog??

ASA,

Although this may sound a little funny, it's intended to be serious - the only time I would ever buy a dog is if I was blind - to help guide me when I'm walking.

P.S. Has anyone seen a Quran in Braille (for blind people to read)?

Angela Hillyer

I do intent to keep him out side but the problem I am having is that even if I provide it with my garage and back yard it still could get very warm for him. Also during winter sometimes it gets pretty cold. So putting him out might not always be possible .you know I have a responsibility on him and I need to provide him that’s my dilemma which I am suffering from

Salam Alaikom

Just make sure that u always have water for him and make sure that there is some shade in your backyard for him and he should be fine in summer. Also for winter if he has a dog kennel he should be fine because dogs have furr which protects them anyway. So i wouldn't worry about it to much as long as you have those things he or she should be fine.

kayleigh

salaam

I think dogs are the best. and if that's the dog you want (the image) - he/she is sooooo adorable.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I did not personally overfeed the fish. I like to eat fish not kill fish. I have children. We had a phase. We had goldfish...one fish two fish goldfish. We had to have many goldfish as goldfish die overnight. I do not know why. My sons were young. We had to have george. why george...because george was the name of the man on the videos about tractors and bulldozers...we saw george about ten times a day..we got goldfish ...it was time to come up with a name..george.. my sons did not know how many goldfish died. mommy would run to the pet store or wallmart in the middle of the night so the boys would not spaz in the morning...we only had a few funerals for a couple of the georges ( you flush them down the toilet)...i got tired of fish;
I like roses...they don't stink, tear up furniture, or die!!! and you don't have to name them...they are roses.

Salaam,

I did not personally overfeed the fish. I like to eat fish not kill fish. I have children. We had a phase. We had goldfish...one fish two fish goldfish. We had to have many goldfish as goldfish die overnight. I do not know why. My sons were young. We had to have george. why george...because george was the name of the man on the videos about tractors and bulldozers...we saw george about ten times a day..we got goldfish ...it was time to come up with a name..george.. my sons did not know how many goldfish died. mommy would run to the pet store or wallmart in the middle of the night so the boys would not spaz in the morning...we only had a few funerals for a couple of the georges ( you flush them down the toilet)...i got tired of fish;
I like roses...they don't stink, tear up furniture, or die!!! and you don't have to name them...they are roses.

ASA,

You know you have to change the water filter. That's probably the reason why your fishes died or if you didn't feed them.

As the old saying goes "I rather have roses on my table then diamonds on my neck."

arabiantxn

Salaam,

ammoung fishes i think gold fishes are the quickest to die when you get home but if you can keep them alive for about 3 days you they can live for months. use ozarka spring water , put some kinda pebbles towards to bottom so all the dirt can settle down ,change water about every10 days or so i used to change about 3/2 th of water and them change 1/4 agan. feed them gold fish flakes only . mine survived for about 6 monthes tehn desided to commit suicide .. (jumped out )
i read some where that goldfishes cannot process protein and over time their water gets saturated with protein thus posioning them .

Amira D

salam.

Am confused.... I thought dogs were haram? that we are not allowed to touch them, especially when they are wet.. An ppl here are talking about buying one. Hmm, plz tell me if am wrong.
thanks

danial

dogs r fine as long as they sErve a purpose, r kept outside n taken care peoperty. E onli cons is tt uve gotta clean urself vvvvvvv often

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
salam.

Am confused.... I thought dogs were haram? that we are not allowed to touch them, especially when they are wet.. An ppl here are talking about buying one. Hmm, plz tell me if am wrong.
thanks

:salam2:

According to Islaamic Sharee’ah, it is not permitted to keep a dog except within narrowly-defined limits, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained:

"Whoever keeps a dog, his good deeds will decrease every day by one qeeraat (a unit of measurement), unless it is a dog for farming or herding." According to another report: ". . . unless it is a dog for herding sheep, farming or hunting." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, 2322)

Dogs are extremely naajis (impure, unclean). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

"If a dog drinks from the vessel of any one of you, let him wash it seven times" (reported by Muslim, no. 279). According to another report: ". . . and clean it the eighth time with earth." (Saheeh Muslim, no. 280).

It is forbidden in Islaam to sell a dog and to receive payment for it, as is reported in Saheeh al-Bukhaari from Abu Mas’oud al-Ansaari: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade (accepting) the price of a dog. (al-Fath, no. 2237)

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us not to resemble dogs by placing our forearms on the ground during sujood (prostration), as in reported in the hadeeth narrated by Anas ibn Maalik, according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Do sujood properly; none of you should spread his forearms like a dog does." (al-Bukhaari, Fath, no. 822).

Whoever keeps a dog in his house is denied the blessing of the angels’ presence in his house, as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 3225).

Keeping dogs nowadays is the habit of the kuffaar, who adopt them as friends, kiss them, let them lick them and their clothes, sleep with them and even leave them money in their wills. Keeping a dog is an imitation of the kuffaar. Some Muslims may claim that they need to keep a dog at home for purposes of protection, to which we respond that nowadays there are burglar alarm systems and other measures one may take for security purposes, and there is no need to keep a dog, praise be to Allaah.

It only remains for us to say that the fact that it is forbidden to keep a dog and interect closely with it does not mean that we should not be kind or feel compassion towards dogs if we see them in a pitiful state. These are two entirely separate matters. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that

"a man saw a dog biting the dust because of thirst, so he took his shoe and started to scoop water up with it until the dog’s thirst was quenched. Allaah appreciated his good deed and granted him entry to Paradise for it." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, no. 174).

According to another report, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

"Whilst a man was walking he became very thirsty, so he went down to a well and drank from it. When he came out, he saw a dog panting and biting the soil because of thirst. The man said, ‘He is suffering the same as I suffered,’ so he filled his shoe (with water), came out and let the dog drink until his thirst was quenched. Allaah appreciated his good deed and forgave him because of it." The people asked, "O Messenger of Allaah, will we be rewarded for how we treat animals?" He said, "In every living thing there is a reward." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath, no. 2363).

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Amira D

According to Islaamic Sharee’ah, it is not permitted to keep a dog except within narrowly-defined limits, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained:

"Whoever keeps a dog, his good deeds will decrease every day by one qeeraat (a unit of measurement), unless it is a dog for farming or herding." According to another report: ". . . unless it is a dog for herding sheep, farming or hunting." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, 2322)

Dogs are extremely naajis (impure, unclean). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

"If a dog drinks from the vessel of any one of you, let him wash it seven times" (reported by Muslim, no. 279). According to another report: ". . . and clean it the eighth time with earth." (Saheeh Muslim, no. 280).

It is forbidden in Islaam to sell a dog and to receive payment for it, as is reported in Saheeh al-Bukhaari from Abu Mas’oud al-Ansaari: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade (accepting) the price of a dog. (al-Fath, no. 2237)

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us not to resemble dogs by placing our forearms on the ground during sujood (prostration), as in reported in the hadeeth narrated by Anas ibn Maalik, according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Do sujood properly; none of you should spread his forearms like a dog does." (al-Bukhaari, Fath, no. 822).

Whoever keeps a dog in his house is denied the blessing of the angels’ presence in his house, as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 3225).

Keeping dogs nowadays is the habit of the kuffaar, who adopt them as friends, kiss them, let them lick them and their clothes, sleep with them and even leave them money in their wills. Keeping a dog is an imitation of the kuffaar. Some Muslims may claim that they need to keep a dog at home for purposes of protection, to which we respond that nowadays there are burglar alarm systems and other measures one may take for security purposes, and there is no need to keep a dog, praise be to Allaah.

It only remains for us to say that the fact that it is forbidden to keep a dog and interect closely with it does not mean that we should not be kind or feel compassion towards dogs if we see them in a pitiful state. These are two entirely separate matters. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that

"a man saw a dog biting the dust because of thirst, so he took his shoe and started to scoop water up with it until the dog’s thirst was quenched. Allaah appreciated his good deed and granted him entry to Paradise for it." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, no. 174).

According to another report, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

"Whilst a man was walking he became very thirsty, so he went down to a well and drank from it. When he came out, he saw a dog panting and biting the soil because of thirst. The man said, ‘He is suffering the same as I suffered,’ so he filled his shoe (with water), came out and let the dog drink until his thirst was quenched. Allaah appreciated his good deed and forgave him because of it." The people asked, "O Messenger of Allaah, will we be rewarded for how we treat animals?" He said, "In every living thing there is a reward." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath, no. 2363).

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Barakalllah feekum! now I get it :)

ama6621

Assalam Alaikum,
Brother Happy 2BA Muslim, thanks for the information. I was wondering why we are discussing so much about dogs when it was very obvious that we are not allowed to have dogs (except for reasons mentioned in your post)! I hope Insha Allah this will clear up doubts that anyone has.

Assalam Alaikum

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
Ve aleikum Salam,

Yes, cats can stay in the house, but dogs shouldnt.
What advise do u need regarding cats sister Aisha ?

salam alikom Hanif before people get dogs and Cats u need to kick this bug under your name I almost hit my screen every time i read your post think there is a fly or small bug on my screen...it drive me crazy lol

By the way brother Arabian Tx the angel dont enter a house which have a dog in it, beside you will need to becarfull you might have to take 10 showers a day since dog like to play a lot with people, so think twice before getting one !

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
I read somewhere that if a dog licks you, you have to wash your hand seven times!! I'm not a dog person!! I have two goldfish that I had since July when my six year old had a trip to the pet store, and the owner gave him a goldfish. I knew nothing about goldfish, did my research and now have my tank, stand filter and my son loves it. They are just greedy, I dont feed them a lot though. The Fatwa was given on keeping a dog, so take it from there inshallah. :)

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

I grew up with a dog in the house and definitely benefited a few times with being alone at night sometimes and my dog would jump up and bark if someone was to come to my door at night.

That is one of the hardest things for me being Muslim now because my parents have a dog in their house and its hard for me to pray because we are always constantly around each other. I tried to tell my mom dont let the dog in my room, but I guess it doesnt matter my prayers would be invalid no matter what.
My mom has definitely benefited with having a dog around. She is happier and has a companion because me and my brother are no longer home.

Also I live on this canal where the houses are on top of each other, so anytime I would need to pray the suspicious neighbors would say something.

:wasalam:

student93

taalibah forever
you are right
now adays it has become a trend in muslims to keep a dog
i was horrified when i saw a muslim friend taking hers out for a walk