Dream of prophet PBUH

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
One of the ways to determine if a hadith is sound or not is to compare it to Quran.if it contradicts Quran it should be rejected.

Sorry, I forgot to also mention that the above statement is wrong. To determine if a hadeeth is sound then the chains of the hadeeth are analyzed and not compared with the Qur'aan to determine the authenticity of a hadeeth. If there was ever a Muhaddith in 1400 years who set the "comparing ahadeeth to the Qur'aan to determine authenticity" as a condition, then please let me know.

As I mentioned before: it can never be the case that an authentic hadeeth contradicts the Qur'aan... and that is the miracle of this deen, that when a hadeeth is deemed authentic and then compared to the Qur'aan then it does NOT contradict the words of Allaah. This goes to show the importance of isnaad (chains of narration)

Abu Talib

Feeling low
And maybe the idols were sajdaing allah not muhmmand PBUH because i was only watcher ,

Assalamu`alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu
Believe me no one here knows to interpret your dream. Your dream is 2-3 months back and by now it must have been been effected by worldly thoughts. Thats why when dream interpreters used to ask they would ask after Fajr when the mind is fresh and the dream being recent. A dream is also effected by the environment you live, you live in a country where war is going so there is high possibility of you seeing dreams of war.

Your dream shall also match with the description of the Prophet (Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon Him) if it does then its him or if does not then its delusion of shaytan this is what shaykh uthaymeen had said.

I again reiterate its not a easy job Ibn Sirin used to take 2 days to interpret a dream or even a week.

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

Yes, I do agree that the part of my post which you have mentioned may seem to be not well explained rather then "shallow", but we have to realize that all our answers, although they will not always have a direct ayah or a hadeth, they have to be according to Quran and Sunnah and they have to be based on Quran and Sunnah. The Quran is a treasure of our knowledge and learning that man may need till end of time. All knowledge originates from the Quran and Sunnah. This is the basic truth of Islamic doctrine of knowledge.

That's right ukhti, but then realize that the scholars are one of the keys to be able to understand things based on the Qur'aan or Sunnaah. Or else it would just be our intellect sah? And we don't have enough knowledge to be able to say, oh this ayaat of the Qur'aan doesnt match this hadeeth so that must mean that it's wrong - no that's for us to refer to the scholars who have studied this Deen for much longer and in greater depth and know the differences of opinion or the actuality of this situation.

So in this case when Ibn Taymiyyah rahimahullaah and other scholars state, that there is an understanding that Allaah can be perceived in dreams, even though not in an actual form etc - then it is something we have to accept as a valid position, and even when Sufis have distorted this understanding and misused it for evil purposes, that doesn't change the fact.

And it cant just be stated that there's no Qur'aan or Sunnah to back this so it must be rejected, because of course the scholars (such as Ibn Taymiyyah) have their sources for their statements - or a derived understood position. That's all I'm trying to put across. By following Qur'aan and Sunnah it's not pick and choose what sounds right to me - but what has precedence from the speech of the scholars, and the understanding of Ahlus sunnah wal jama'aah.

waAllaahu 'Alem

May Allah reword you dear sister. Ameen

BarakAllaahu feeki, may He reward you as well.

(Quick mention on this sis - reword means to change the wording - reward means to give reward :) )

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

That's right ukhti, but then realize that the scholars are one of the keys to be able to understand things based on the Qur'aan or Sunnaah. Or else it would just be our intellect sah? And we don't have enough knowledge to be able to say, oh this ayaat of the Qur'aan doesnt match this hadeeth so that must mean that it's wrong - no that's for us to refer to the scholars who have studied this Deen for much longer and in greater depth and know the differences of opinion or the actuality of this situation.

So in this case when Ibn Taymiyyah rahimahullaah and other scholars state, that there is an understanding that Allaah can be perceived in dreams, even though not in an actual form etc - then it is something we have to accept as a valid position, and even when Sufis have distorted this understanding and misused it for evil purposes, that doesn't change the fact.

And it cant just be stated that there's no Qur'aan or Sunnah to back this so it must be rejected, because of course the scholars (such as Ibn Taymiyyah) have their sources for their statements - or a derived understood position. That's all I'm trying to put across. By following Qur'aan and Sunnah it's not pick and choose what sounds right to me - but what has precedence from the speech of the scholars, and the understanding of Ahlus sunnah wal jama'aah.

waAllaahu 'Alem

BarakAllaahu feeki, may He reward you as well.

(Quick mention on this sis - reword means to change the wording - reward means to give reward :) )

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarkatuhu

Wa iyaki dear sister and may Allah reward you for correcting my mistake. :hijabi:

Dear sister I am yet learning about Islaam and Alhamdulilah I give my effort to learn and understanding everything from our deen with the help of Allah, Inshallah. That was the reason why I have asked my questions on the first place as I never red in hadeeh or ayah that we can see Allah subhan wa teala in our dreams and with my own feelings and knowledge I could not understand that it is possible to see Allah in our dreams niether I did knew that some of good Schoolars of Islaam have that opinion,and still Allah knows the best about everything.

Also I can not understand that Allah can be seen in any form in our dreams Astagfirullah and I feel it is wrong to say such a thing,and Allah knows the best. Alhamdulillah I respect opinion of these good Schoolars of Islaam ( may Allah have mercy on them) and that with effort of these truthfull schoolars of Islaam we can understand better our deen, but I aslo believe that we all as insans make mistakes SubhanAllah and that these Schoolars of Islaam also make or did made mistakes.

That is why I said dear sister that we always need to get back to Quraan , Sunnah and the practise of Islaam by first generations of Muslims and look for our answers there Inshallah.

May Allah increase our knowledge and make us better Muslims.Ameen summa ameen

Baarak Allah feekh dear sister once again for your effort in learning about Islaam and passing your knowledge on others. Ameen summa ameen

:wasalam:

auroran

So we learn from this thread that we can see Allaah azza wa jal but not in His true form. If someone ever saw Allaah subhaana wa ta'aala, then what form did He appear in? Is only the dreamer allowed to know...please forgive me I shouldn't be asking.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

So we learn from this thread that we can see Allaah azza wa jal but not in His true form. If someone ever saw Allaah subhaana wa ta'aala, then what form did He appear in? Is only the dreamer allowed to know...please forgive me I shouldn't be asking.

Dear sister, I apologise but personally me I did not understood and learnt from this thread that we can see or hear Allah in our dreams, and especialy I think it is wrong to say for Allah subhan wa teala that He can appear in some forms Astagfirullah,and that we need to be carefull with our words.

I do not think or talk about you personally sister, but I only say that it is wrong in general.:shymuslima1: Allahu Aleem- Allah knows the best

May Allah guide us all to the right path. Ameen summa ameen

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!

Dear sister, I apologise but personally me I did not understood and learnt from this thread that we can see or hear Allah in our dreams, and especialy I think it is wrong to say for Allah subhan wa teala that He can appear in some forms Astagfirullah,and that we need to be carefull with our words.

I do not think or talk about you personally sister, but I only say that it is wrong in general.:shymuslima1: Allahu Aleem- Allah knows the best

May Allah guide us all to the right path. Ameen summa ameen

Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

Please don't enforce your personal opinions on people and say things are wrong according to your personal opinion.

With all due respect, the deen is not based on personal opinions of general people

BaarakAllaahu feekum
Wassalaamu `alaykum

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

Please don't enforce your personal opinions on people and say things are wrong according to your personal opinion.

With all due respect, the deen is not based on personal opinions of general people

BaarakAllaahu feekum
Wassalaamu `alaykum

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullahi wa baarakatuhu

Dear brother, please read again all my replies from the begining in which I only said and repeated every time that we should stick only to Quraan and Sunnah Alhamdulillah.

Allah is witness for my words, that I did not said even once time that we should follow our personal opinions or feelings regarding Islaam Astagfirullah.

This is fitnah brother, to accuse someone for something that is not truth,and we all will be acountable to Allah for our words on day of Judgment! May Allah protect us all!

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullahi wa baarakatuhu

Dear brother, please read again all my replies from the begining in which I only said and repeated every time that we should stick only to Quraan and Sunnah Alhamdulillah.

Allah is witness for my words, that I did not said even once time that we should follow our personal opinions or feelings regarding Islaam Astagfirullah.

This is fitnah brother, to accuse someone for something that is not truth,and we all will be acountable to Allah for our words on day of Judgment! May Allah protect us all!

Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

First of all sister, I did not accuse you of telling people to follow personal opinions. I asked you to not enforce your "personal" opinion on people.

Secondly, although you been saying we should stick to the Qur'aan and Sunnah... you are yet to bring me proof from the Qur'aan or Sunnah that is against what Ibn Taymiyyah rahimahullah said. So it is upon you to follow the opinion of a Mujtahid (which is based on proof from the Sunnah), as you are from the general people and not from the people of knowledge.

Thirdly, if you do not want to take the opinion of Ibn Taymiyyah then bring the understanding of another scholar and not yours. Our speech, the speech of the general people, holds no weight at all.

I hope you forgive me for any sort of offensive words I may have used without realizing.

BaarakAllaahu feek
Wassalaamu `alaykum

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

First of all sister, I did not accuse you of telling people to follow personal opinions. I asked you to not enforce your "personal" opinion on people.

Secondly, although you been saying we should stick to the Qur'aan and Sunnah... you are yet to bring me proof from the Qur'aan or Sunnah that is against what Ibn Taymiyyah rahimahullah said. So it is upon you to follow the opinion of a Mujtahid (which is based on proof from the Sunnah), as you are from the general people and not from the people of knowledge.

Thirdly, if you do not want to take the opinion of Ibn Taymiyyah then bring the understanding of another scholar and not yours. Our speech, the speech of the general people, holds no weight at all.

I hope you forgive me for any sort of offensive words I may have used without realizing.

BaarakAllaahu feek
Wassalaamu `alaykum

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

Allah knows the best our intentions and our niyah in every word we say and in every deed that we do.

Alhamdulillah I am only Muslimah and Servant of Allah Inshallah and I know that I am not knowledgable person, but Allah knows that I was saying only from my knowledge from Quraan and Sunnah and this is the best way and the most safe way for us to stay upon the truth Inshallah, And Allah knows the best.

May Allah forgive me if I said anything wrong and what He is not pleased and increase our knowledge. Ameen summa ameen:tti_sister:

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!

Allah knows the best our intentions and our niyah in every word we say and in every deed that we do.

Alhamdulillah I am only Muslimah and Servant of Allah Inshallah and I know that I am not knowledgable person, but Allah knows that I was saying only from my knowledge from Quraan and Sunnah and this is the best way and the most safe way for us to stay upon the truth Inshallah, And Allah knows the best.

May Allah forgive me if I said anything wrong and what He is not pleased and increase our knowledge. Ameen summa ameen:tti_sister:

May I ask what knowledge from the Qur'aan and Sunnah? I mean what proof do you have that you reject what has been mentioned above?

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

May I ask what knowledge from the Qur'aan and Sunnah? I mean what proof do you have that you reject what has been mentioned above?

Dear brother I do not wish to argue on this subject Inshallah, because Islaam is teaching us to not disscuss unnecessarily and without any benefit for other Muslims as I think that everything was said in the above posts and that all brothers and sisters shared thier knowledge regarding this question.

But as you have asked me which proofs I have found in Quraan and Sunnah about seeing Allah in our dreams, I thought that it will be usefull that I answer Inshallah.

Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said, “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘My Lord came to me tonight in the most beautiful form.’ I think he said, ‘in a dream. He said, “O Muhammad, do you know what the chiefs on high disputed about?” I said, “No.” He put His hand between my shoulder-blades and I could feel its coolness on my chest (or just beneath my throat), then I knew everything that is in the heavens and on earth. He said, “O Muhammad, do you know what the chiefs on high disputed about?” I said, “Yes.” He said, “About expiation, and expiation is staying in the mosque after prayers, walking to join congregational prayers, and doing wudoo’ properly in adverse conditions. Whoever does that will live a good life and die a good death, and will be as sinless as the day his mother bore him.” He said, “O Muhammad, when you pray, say Allaahumma innee as’aluka fa’l al-khayraat wa tark al-munkaraat wa hubb al-masaakeen, wa idha aradta bi ‘ibaadika fitnatan fa’qbudni ilayka ghayra maftoon (O Allaah, I ask you to make me do good deeds and avoid evil deeds, and to make me love the poor and wretched. If You want to test Your slaves, then take me unto You without subjecting me to the trial). One’s status in Paradise may be raised by spreading the greeting of salaam, feeding others, and praying at night when people are sleeping.”’ (Reported by Imaam Ahmad, 16026; and by al-Tirmidhi, 3159, who said it is a saheeh hasan hadeeth).

In this hadeeth Allahs Messanger Mohammed sallahu alayha wa saalam said that He saw Allah in the beautiful form, but this hadeeth does not say clearly that Allahs Messanger sallahu alyaha wa saalam saw Allah in physical form Astagfirullah but in can mean that he saw Allah only by his heart as it was explained by some Schoolars,and Allah knows the best.

Please brother read again the reply of brother " Ditta" where everything is explained well about seeing Allah in one dream with proofs from Quraan and Sunnah,from which I could understood that we can not see Allah in physical form as seeing Him subhan we teala having face, body, or hands Astagfirullah, and Allah knows the best.

However, seeing Allah in a dream must conform with the guidelines in (5) above. A dreamer may not claim seeing Allah in any form that resembles His creation, such as having a body, eyes, or hands. Seeing Him should be in an unexplainable fashion or in the sense that the dreamer knows in his heart that Allah is there, looking at Him, facing him, pleased with him, etc. An-Nabulsi (rahimahullah) said:

"Seeing Allah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) in a dream without takyif, tashbih, or tamthil, would be a good indication, and would carry glad tidings for the dreamer in this life, and in his faith and religion. If he sees Allah differently, this would indicate wrong faith. It is also said that seeing Allah in a physical appearance indicates that the dream is only meaningless medleys."

(Ta’tir ul-Anam p. 30)

Alhamdulillah I did not rejected the hadeeths and what was explained by Schoolars of Islaam,but I said that one can not see Allah subhan wa teala in physical form, but rather with his heart, as it was aslo explained in Quraan and Sunnah,and after explained by Schoolars of Islaam.

May Allah forgive me if I said anything wrong or brought disscussion, because Allah knows that I only said what did I understood from my heart and mind from begining and that I was saying only from Quraan and Sunnah teaching and opinion of Schoolars of Islaam but not with my subjective opinions or feelings, as I am not knowledgeable person, but only a proud Muslimah and Servant of Allah Inshallah.

And Allah subhane wa teala knows the best.

May Allah forgive us all and guide us to the right path.Ameen Ya Rabby

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!

Maa shaa'Allaah, you are actually on the same page as me. No one said that one can "actually" see Allaah. The point is that a person can see or hear Allaah in his dream, but not see Allaah in His Image.

If what you posted in the last post is what you believe, then this is correct... may Allaah reward you with good.

Wassalaamu `alaykum

Sarahg

Wa alaykum assalam

I am not going to give you any interpretations or anything but only mention couple of points;
*If you think you've seen the prophet sallallahu alayhi wa sallam then the description you give of him should match what is reported in the seerah and if it doesn't then you haven't seen the prophet even if you think you did. So i suggest you go to a person of knowledge and trust and tell him what you saw.

Actually, if you have a dream and you just know that it is the Prophet SAW, or if you saw him in your dream and you just KNEW it was the prophet SAW, then it IS him. This is because shaytan cannot take the form of our beloved prophet, even in dreams. And sometimes you see him in your dream but you can't remember what he looked like, or sometimes you don't even see him in your dream, but you just know it is him. Therefore, if you had a dream and in it you just KNEW it was the Prophet S.A.W., then it was him.
:)