Dreaming that I'm about to die and shaking, but being really scared?

OsMaN_93

Here to help
Salam alikom, hope everyone is good inshallah.

Today I was napping in the evening (it was dark outside), and I had this really worrying dream. I woke up, in the same place I slept; bed) and it was dark, and I started shaking and knew that my time has come, as I could feel the angel of death approach me, however I did not see him, then I was begging Allah to give me another chance and that I'm not ready to die.
So anyway, I wanted to say the shahada (there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his messanger), before dying, and it was really hard to lift my hand up and raise my finger (like we do in prayer) but I still managed it... And that's pretty much it.
Then I stated dreaming about school or something, but that's not important.

Do you think that was a dream, or it could have been real? and if it was a dream then what does it mean?

I don't think I'm that misguided -- I listen to music but not alot, and pray twice a day, but I don't do any of the major bad sins like sex or dating or drinking. (i'm 17)

Parvaiz

Today I was napping in the evening (it was dark outside), and I had this really worrying dream. I woke up, in the same place I slept; bed) and it was dark, and I started shaking and knew that my time has come, as I could feel the angel of death approach me, however I did not see him, then I was begging Allah to give me another chance and that I'm not ready to die.
So anyway, I wanted to say the shahada (there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his messanger), before dying, and it was really hard to lift my hand up and raise my finger (like we do in prayer) but I still managed it... And that's pretty much it.

Do you think that was a dream, or it could have been real? and if it was a dream then what does it mean?

I don't think I'm that misguided -- I listen to music but not alot, and pray twice a day, but I don't do any of the major bad sins like sex or dating or drinking. (i'm 17)
:salam2:
I would like to ask why do you pray 2 times a day and not 5 times a day?

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:salam2:

Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If any one of you sees a dream that he likes, this is from Allaah, so let him praise Allaah for it and talk about it to others. If he sees other than that, a dream that he dislikes, this is from the Shaytaan, so let him seek refuge with Allaah from its evil and not mention it to anyone, for it will not harm him.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6584, and Muslim, 5862

I will keep you in my prayers brother.May Allah help you.:tti_sister:

:wasalam:

DanyalSAC

I may be wrong but I don't think lifting a finger is a requirement in shahadah. Just saying it is all that is necessary...Allahu Alim.

I've had dreams like this too where I am awake and feel the presence or the approach of something horribly evil. My mother also has related similar experiences.

Frankly I would consider it just a dream, as it didn't last long.

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
last week one day i was listening to some quran and i was focusing so much and thinking how Allah can see me doing this and i cant see him subhan allah. it really really felt amazing how i was listening so well and thinking about Allah and how he is watching me and can see me etc. i was concentrating well.

then during the night, i swear i felt I DIED, or something happened because my soul left my body, it was travelling high and so fast and as it was travelling i believe through the heavens i was scared and kept saying 'oh Allah i would love to meet you, but im not ready, if you forgive me and my sins and wont punish me at all, take me to you, but please do not take me if you dont forgive me, please bring me back please bring me back only take me if your happy with me'

i kept begging Allah to return me so i can clear my sins before i meet him.

i really felt i died. then after that i felt my soul was returned in my body, as i felt something go into my body i woke up straight away.

but i was happy with this dream when i woke up, i was happy because i felt Allah was there, i felt good presence while i was in the heavens and no dark colour. but i just wasnt ready to meet Allah.

weird because that morning when i woke up, my sister called me and was crying. i just woke up so i told her i'll call her back.

later she told me she had a dream that she came over to my house and heard my daughter in her cot crying and calling for me. my sister kept knocking on the door but no one answered it and she became scared and realised something happened to me and started screaming for me, then my husband or dad not sure who she said, they opened the door and found me dead on the floor. she couldnt stop crying in the dream because i was dead. when she woke up she couldnt stop crying either and was upset and called me straight away.

that was a coincidence. during the same night, i felt my soul leave my body and i died then i felt it come into my body and then that same night my sister has a dream i died in my house and woke up crying telling me it felt real very real

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!

Assalaamu `alaykum

Akhee just to let you know, Salaah is a very very important thing that Allaah has prescribed for us in this deen. Indeed abandoning Salaah is far worse than adultery, drinking etc.

Just to elaborate on that remember that the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: said: “The difference between us and them (the disbelievers) is salaah. Whoever neglects it is a kaafir.” [Narrated by Ahmad]

This is why `Abdullaah ibn Shaqeeq said that the Sahaabah did not consider the leaving of any deed will make a person kaafir except for the leaving of Salaah. And this was narrated by At-Tirmidhi

So Akhee I remind you that Salaah is a very serious matter and it is the first thing that Allaah will call you to account.

Wassalaamu `alaykum

aisha16

Assalaamu `alaykum

Akhee just to let you know, Salaah is a very very important thing that Allaah has prescribed for us in this deen. Indeed abandoning Salaah is far worse than adultery, drinking etc.

Just to elaborate on that remember that the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: said: “The difference between us and them (the disbelievers) is salaah. Whoever neglects it is a kaafir.” [Narrated by Ahmad]

This is why `Abdullaah ibn Shaqeeq said that the Sahaabah did not consider the leaving of any deed will make a person kaafir except for the leaving of Salaah. And this was narrated by At-Tirmidhi

So Akhee I remind you that Salaah is a very serious matter and it is the first thing that Allaah will call you to account.

Wassalaamu `alaykum

I think that's the answer you were looking for brother.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalaamu `alaykum

Wassalaamu `alaykum

Assalamu Allaicum wa raahmtullah wa barakatuhu

Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s. in his hadith said :

"Salaah (prayer) is Mi‘rāğ (Mi'raj) of those who are faithful"-"Essalātu mi‘rāgul-mu’minīn".

And Allah and His Messanger know the best

Wa allaicumu Sallam wa raahmtullah wa barakatuhu

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
last week one day i was listening to some quran and i was focusing so much and thinking how Allah can see me doing this and i cant see him subhan allah. it really really felt amazing how i was listening so well and thinking about Allah and how he is watching me and can see me etc. i was concentrating well.

then during the night, i swear i felt I DIED, or something happened because my soul left my body, it was travelling high and so fast and as it was travelling i believe through the heavens i was scared and kept saying 'oh Allah i would love to meet you, but im not ready, if you forgive me and my sins and wont punish me at all, take me to you, but please do not take me if you dont forgive me, please bring me back please bring me back only take me if your happy with me'

i kept begging Allah to return me so i can clear my sins before i meet him.

i really felt i died. then after that i felt my soul was returned in my body, as i felt something go into my body i woke up straight away.

but i was happy with this dream when i woke up, i was happy because i felt Allah was there, i felt good presence while i was in the heavens and no dark colour. but i just wasnt ready to meet Allah.

weird because that morning when i woke up, my sister called me and was crying. i just woke up so i told her i'll call her back.

later she told me she had a dream that she came over to my house and heard my daughter in her cot crying and calling for me. my sister kept knocking on the door but no one answered it and she became scared and realised something happened to me and started screaming for me, then my husband or dad not sure who she said, they opened the door and found me dead on the floor. she couldnt stop crying in the dream because i was dead. when she woke up she couldnt stop crying either and was upset and called me straight away.

that was a coincidence. during the same night, i felt my soul leave my body and i died then i felt it come into my body and then that same night my sister has a dream i died in my house and woke up crying telling me it felt real very real

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

i read one story...in it a person sees that he is dead and its day of judgment. and he is asking for more time for good deeds.

finally he got up and repented as he realised that still there is time to amend.

sliver

There's nothing to be scared of. It sounds like the normal case of sleep paralysis. I would suggest not taking as much naps during the day. Most if not all sleep paralysis ocur when one is trying to return to sleep after already been awake for small time. This usually ranges from 30 to and hour at most.

Ahsen

It's just sleep paralysis.The symptoms you told are the same of sleep paralysis.I had it too.It feels very scary but then it became fun for me to have that kind of feeling.I know i am a freak.