Dresses with animal/cartoon/human image ??

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
By the way, a little off the topic. I read in one of the threads that, you invited brothers & sisters to your BIG HOUSE. Is the invitation still on? Do I get to jump in your bed like a kid? :lol:

Salam alaykum

half of members of forum jumping up and down in my bed... yes sure you all are welcome.

( :SMILY176: me to buy new bed after that)

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

Another dilemma I have is stuff we buy from the store - the packaging usually always have animate beings on them. Like cereal boxes and stuff, we can't always transfer every single thing we buy from a grocery store to a plastic container. Soaps, shampoo bottles, all have images. I have newspapers in my house every day - they all have images. If the newspapers are sitting silently in a corner under the coffee table, does that stop the angels from coming in?

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

We can make this list endless; what if you have money in your pocket with pictures of people on them? What about indentification cards? Driver´s licences, passports... or could we just try to avoid using/keeping pictures when it is possible (as we know that Allah doesn´t want to make Islam to us too hard and difficult to follow)?

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Salam alaykum

We can make this list endless; what if you have money in your pocket with pictures of people on them? What about indentification cards? Driver´s licences, passports... or could we just try to avoid using/keeping pictures when it is possible (as we know that Allah doesn´t want to make Islam to us too hard and difficult to follow)?

But sister.... you know.... money isn't kept displayed, its hidden in the pocket. So is a passport and ID card, driving license. But if you walk into the kitchen, and look carefully around, you see on some old bottles that are now used as storage containers a few images. Salt boxes have images. And the list could go on.

I know we're not to make things extreme, but was just wondering. Like my mother uses newspapers in the kitchen all the time, like to lay down wet dishes on sometimes, or to clean up spills, etc etc. And they all have images.

I suppose this is where shaytaan is kicking in to make us think these things? Should I just ignore all these?

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught us an important principle when he said: “When Allaah forbids a thing, He (also) forbids its price.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 3488; classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Ghaayat al-Maraam, 318.

Bringing this Hadith made all the difference. I never checked one out so thoroughly though. Dilemma resolved.

:jazaak:

Will that money be halal?

Exactly.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

But sister.... you know.... money isn't kept displayed, its hidden in the pocket. So is a passport and ID card, driving license.

Salam alaykum

Then I see again something illogic here: what if we have for example T-shirt with picture under our other clothes - not keeping it displayed. Isn´t that halal then too? No need to cut all to pieces from the wardrobe?

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
If this and if that only opens the door to shaytan. We are advised against doing this.

There are numerous hadith mentioned about not keeping images, statues or dogs in the house and the rahmah the angels of mercy will bring will be missed because of this. Scholars have said there are some exceptions to this out of necessity. Such things included are photos for identification purposes and education material for the children. Everything else we should try to avoid much as possible.

For cereals, it's easier to get containers and put them in those. They are also easier to pour out from and won't go stale as fast. Such as these,

cereal.jpg

For newspapers, you can avoid using pages with the pictures on them or cut them up so the images aren't a whole.

For bottles like the Salt one, i just buy these type of bags below and put the salt in a plastic container. No need to buy containers, you can reuse the ones you bought with other things in them. For example, I re-use the honey one, like the one below.

cooking_salt2.jpg

1kg-billie__66099_zoom.jpg

If you can't buy the bag of salt and get the morton one, like this

Iodine+salt.jpg

you could still empty it out or just take a marker and color in the face of the girl.

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
Bringing this Hadith made all the difference. I never checked one out so thoroughly though. Dilemma resolved.

:jazaak:

Exactly.

Assalam alaikum

Ameen wa jazakallah khairan

Masha Allah! good to hear that you got your question answered