Drinks besides Alcohol ?

truthseeker63

'I know drinking Alcohol is not allowed in Islam but is drinking Soda or Tea or Milk allowed in Islam. In other words any drink Humans drink besides Alcohol. I ask this because drinks such as soda pop or tea has caffeine not all sodas or teas but many do have caffeine and caffeine is a intoxication/intoxicant/drug but than again so is medicine. Does the Quran or Hadith say to not drink drinks that cause one to become drunk/intoxication thank you also I have one more question is the drink Mecca Cola good has anyone here ever had any ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mecca-Cola

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu alaikum,

I have never heard of pop making someone intoxicated?? The Qur'an says Alcohol is Haram, so we dont drink that...but other than that, it is halal for us (ie...milk, water, pop, juice,) :) well as far as I know.

Alkin

Asslamu alaikum

Ruling on consuming caffeine

Can caffeine be considered as Haram(not allowed for Muslims) · since it is considered alkaloid and it is in the same group as Nicotine, Cocaine, Morphine, LSD.....? Also excessive intake of caffeine can cause restlessness, insomnia, heart irregularities and delirium.

Praise be to Allaah.

Undoubtedly anything that is harmful is haraam. Hence Allaah forbade alcohol because it affects the mind, and smoking is forbidden because it causes widespread harm and diseases. It is also known that there are permissible drinks which do not cause harm, such as coffee and tea, which usually do not cause harm and are usually drunk for relaxation, so there is nothing wrong with drinking them. And there are other good drinks such as milk and fruit juices. If some of those things which are nowadays known as refreshments cause harm, then they should be considered an extravagance.

Shaykh ‘Abd –Allaah ibn Jibreen.

Can't post the URL yet untill I make 15 posts but the above information is taken from islamqa.com and the fatwa number is 9237 (just type that into the search on the website)

Ruling on energy drinks

I am from Iraq. We have a problem regarding a drink called ‘tiger’ which has an image of a tiger on the can; some said it is haram because it contains stimulants, while others said it is permissible to drink. Please clarify the ruling on drinking this drink, may Allah reward you.

Praise be to Allaah.

After studying a number of medical reports and articles, and the results of research, we cannot be certain whether these drinks are harmful or not, or about what quantity is harmful, or for which sector of people. These drinks still need further study in order to determine their real effect on people.

But in the light of what we have read about them, most authors warn against them and doubt whether they are healthy. Many doctors have advised that it is important to do without these drinks and to do other healthy things instead such as exercise, healthy meals, getting enough sleep, and so on.

The warning is more serious for those who have heart problems, high blood pressure or are young (under 16 years).

We should take into account the fact that there are hundreds of type of these drinks, which vary in content, and this makes it more complicated to research them, because what may apply to one drink may not apply to another, and so on.

Until there is more research which shows the real nature of these drinks, we cannot issue a ruling as to whether they are halaal or haraam.

If you want to be on the safe side with regard to your health, and heed the warnings of many doctors, that is better.

And Allaah knows best.

fatwa number 112433

Taken from islamqa . com

ayesha.ansari

Well Dear

Well dear any thing that takes you from consciousness to in consciousness will be Haram and tea and other drinks will not take you . Things are clear study well. :tti_sister:

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Hello TruthSeeker63,

May I kindly suggest you to browse around in the forum sections as most of your questions have been discussed and even answered thoroughly.

As now is the blessed month of Ramadhaan for the Muslims, sometimes creating questions that will create many different answers and personal opinions are REALLY unnecessary at this time being. We are trying our best to make use of our time with the BEST of DEEDS in this month, so perhaps many wont be bothered by *redundant discussions*.

I apologize if I sound harsh but this is for everyone's benefit, insha Allaah.

BTW, Wikipedia is not the best source to seek authentic knowledge.

May God give you the courage and strength to seek knowledge with a sincere heart and an open mind, Ameen.