Driving while Muslim

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
:salam2: Appa,

I agree with Sister Caramel Queen that the general Islamic ruling is not to keep dog...

But, did you had a chance to check with the Scholar/s to know if it is permissible to keep a dog under your specific circumstances?

If No, then don't you think it would be a good idea to check with them?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

People dear people the thread was about humor. I know what I am supposed to do as a Muslim. I know what I do that is right and wrong. I have spoken to many a Muslim at my masjid. And I will not allow my dog to be killed. I will keep her until one of dies first. She is an excellent dog. She guards my home. End of subject.

I do thank you all for your concern. Sister I am not a violent person nor would I own a gun. Please do not stereotype. I am a Muslim woman...haha haha just think of who would be knocking on my door if I applied for a gun permit.

I have time to waste today and TTI is in need of another humorous thread. Let me check on gun permits ....love til later.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
asalamu alaykum

Sister mirajmom i really liked ur story. masha Allah it did lighten me up, jazak Allahu khayra.

zainsmommy

Assalamu Aleikom Sister!

What a nice thread-a break from the norm. Funny and also comes with a lesson...I am sure your boys learned something. Though if you're anything like me, that brick strapped to the top of your foot weighing it down just won't come off that easy. lol I think us women drive the same way we go through life.

May Allah subhana ta'ala always keep you and your sons safe and in the best of health and Iman. Ameen!

Prophet Muhammad advised us:
"Glad tidings to the person more concerned about his own faults than bothering about the faults of others."

Prayer of the Prophet
O Allah, forgive that which I did secretly and what I did publicly; What I did inadvertently and what I did deliberately; What I did knowingly and what I did out of ignorance.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister...we are always multi-tasking...and that concrete block just will not unstrap...I think is glued on with gorilla glue.

I have had a delightful day playing and writing and reading...now it is time to be serious...at least for an hour...my kids are with my mother and I am having fun...
thank you each and everyone...
I pray we have more fun like this once in a blue moon.

dianek

I have that heavy foot too........I once got 3 speeding tickets in 2 weeks! I was put on the driver improvement program for being a multiple speeding offender in 1994 and JUST came off last year. As every time I was about to get off it I would get another 2 tickets!!!!!! Something chemical in the brain, sign says 55 I interpret 75! LOL!!

Zainudin Jaffar

Strive to be Mukmin
Keeping dogs

:salam2:

Dear sis mirajmom,

Putting humor aside, I think sis caramel_queen has a point to make. I'm thinking about the fiqah side of sunnah. What's prohibited and allowed are well documented. We try to keep away as far as possible what has been deem prohibited except for certain circumstances. My point is the cleaning process provided by sunnah after touching these animals ( i.e all family of dogs and pigs and their variants ) including their droppings and saliva are way stricter than the worth of keeping them. You have to wash 7 time with clean water including one water mixed with earth/soil before you can proceed with salat, touching the Quran etc. Do you want to do this everytime you are ready for salat? Your normal ablution is not enough. According to all 4 great Imams of ahlus sunnah wal jamaah, these animals are " heavily" unclean ( heavy najis ) that you need the ritual above to purified oneself.

I'm not deeply knowledgable on fiqah but I have been taught ( and all our children ) on the basics of fiqah since we were kids. Its extremely important to understand what are clean and what are dirty according to sunnah before our ibadah can be accepted by Allah. I'm not trying to be nitty gritty and making this deen harder than it is suppose to be.

I truly suggest you refer to your local imam or scolars, they will definitely explain to you in details regarding this issues according to sunnah. To simplify this ( this is MY opinion ), leave this animals alone ( not touching them ) if Allah has prohibit us from eating/consuming their flesh, bones etc.

And if you take serious notice/attention, you will find that most/majority of muslims don't keep dogs and pigs for pets because they knew fiqah in details, the process of cleaning-up is far more the trouble than the worth of keeping them!

Allahu alam, Allah knows best.

P/s the above fiqah is following shafe'i school of thought and are similar to the other 3 great Imams with slight variations.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
LoL Ammi your so funny, I should visit you one day, LoL. :D

Waite, you said you live in Virginia? So that means you're a former-revert?

Dang I am SO confused, because at first I thought that you were something like Arabeyan, and I thought that you were like the first Muslim in the U.S. before African Americans started embracing Islam (And I don't mean the Kafir group N.O.I).

But one day I really might come over to see you Ammi. :) Like when I'm 17 or 18. :)

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
Driving while muslim, an all to common thing and being "RANDOMLY SELECTED"! I dont think this will ever end. Alhamdullilah you are okay! Amazing story, mashallah!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Dear son, I was sitting in the masjid one day when a visiting Pakistani woman asked me if I was an Arab. I smiled at the Arab sisters and said no. I have had many visitors at the masjid speak fluent Arabic to me and I smile and respond in English; that I can help them in English.
I speak English with an English accent. I can even speak redneck Hillbilly and throw in ghetto.
I can follow a conversation in Urdu...I can speak a word or two of French and Spanish. I suck..I mean I suck at Arabic. My sons are trying to help and they walk away many times.

I have lived in the US for many many years. I remember the times when this was a wonderful country to live in. And I have seen the US turn into the nightmare of today.

I was very political once upon a time. I am not able to do so at this point.

My hometown was Alexandria, Virginia..everyone was born there and George Washington slept with everyone there...thats what all the signs say: Washington slept here.

How I ended up here in wild and wonderful West Virginia is a long story. I love it here. I guess I do not look Pakistani and everyone thinks I am a revert..but, I was born into a paka Muslim family; my parents are from the UP section of India and made it to Pakistan in 1947. What stories I have heard from them.

I am very sorry that a simple and delightful post has turned into yet another finger pointing you better do this or else you won't get into heaven ordeal. In a sense I am glad we do not have humans guarding the gates of heaven. I hope this is over but I will add..brothers and sisters let us be careful before we point to the hint of a speck in someone else's eye and we have a beam in ours. If my owning a dog prevents you from respecting me as a human being..I will make dua for you.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
^Wow, so you're pretty mixed up with cultures...................

Cool! :)

But remember this Ammi (Or Untie, I consider you to be a "TTI Mother" LoL, kinda like soccer mom :D), no matter what culture you're from, whether your African American, White American, Arabeyen, Asian, you're always someone special to me, who makes me feel better. And I felt pretty broken up and I was losing my Eman right now, but after you talk to me, after I hear your great stories, I always feel better, and I'd always love to hear more. :)

And maybe if you become really old, and I am already a young man over twenty, I'll visit you again and take you to the beautifull Masjids of Sheikh Muhammad Al Luhaidan, Sheikh Emad Al Mansary, and then there we can see many great Allamah and Sheikhs, together. :)

-Your young and bright little boy, Abdul Hasib. :)

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Mirajmom said:
I am very sorry that a simple and delightful post has turned into yet another finger pointing you better do this or else you won't get into heaven ordeal. In a sense I am glad we do not have humans guarding the gates of heaven. I hope this is over but I will add..brothers and sisters let us be careful before we point to the hint of a speck in someone else's eye and we have a beam in ours. If my owning a dog prevents you from respecting me as a human being..I will make dua for you.

That's sad Ammi. There ARE rules about keeping pets and stuff, like it's alright to keep a cat (I wanted to keep a kitten before, :( but I wasn't allowed to *starts crying like a 2 yr old*), and there ARE rules about keeping a dog, like it licking you, and that it can't go to those palces were you do Salat.

By hmmm.......I think itwas Sahih Al Bukari or Sahih Muslim, Rasullah (SAW) said that if a dog licks or if it's saliva goes on your clothes, then you must wash it seven times, and the first time to use Tahoor (Tahoor, not Tuhur, never EVER say anything wrong in Arabic or then it'll have a differant meaning), which is clean earth.

LoL my Uncle use to have a pet dog when he was in Pakistan.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Salaam,

My hometown is Alexandria, Virginia too! What a coincidence. Wait. Hold up. What if you were my next door neighbor!? LOL

It's a small world after all.......
If your neighbor has a pet dog, brother, then there's a high chance that it might be Ammi, if your neighbor is also light skinned, Muslim, has sons, and if there's a cat, then yes. :D

If your neighbor has a pet dog, brother, then there's a high chance that it might be Ammi, if your neighbor is also light skinned, Muslim, has sons, and if there's a cat, then yes. :D

Salaam,

I've might of been too young and sister Mirajmom was much older. I do recall an old lady with a cane walking a dog :SMILY129: Now I'm scared sister Mirajmom will hit me with her cane :SMILY176:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

OK guys...enough is enough...lucky for you I left my cane at my mothers home in Northern Virginia.

Humble Wun...I do not even go near Alexandria when I visit my mother. Everything has changed. You probably graduated from the same high school I attended and taught in..TC? It is a very small world.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu dear Aapa

I feel most of the brothers and sisters are new to TTI and they dont know you properly.

My dear respected honourable Muslim brothers and sisters. Mirajmom is our Aapa out here. She's a sweet loving mom and a dear sister to all of us. If people start finger pointing in this thread, then I can only tell that you, who are living in these western countries, should leave these kuffar lands before they point any finger to somebody on TTI.

Weigh yourself before you are weighed on. Scrutinise yourself before you are scrutinised upon. Put yourself on trial before you are put on trial.

wa/salam

Remember The Titans!

Salaam,

Yeah Alexandria has changed. The people. The buildings. The atmosphere. I'm always dwelling back and have flashbacks of those good ol' days. I went to TC but graduated from West Pathetic...I mean Potomac. Wow, maybe you knew my sister or cousin, they're older than me and went to TC.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

It is a small small world...but I hate Disney...I'll PM you about Alex..stuff...there were two Pakistani's when I attended school...me and my baby sis...

Hussain...it's ok. Wow honey if you were 30 years older I'd marry you!!!!

In prespective often the younger ones are the fingerpointers. Youth has time and nothing to do...one of the beauties of life is experiences in life humble you. Your realtionship with the Divine One becomes more important and you learn to live life in a manner that is forgiving..because you know that the Day is coming in which you need to be forgiven.

Now let me prepare to make way for husband number 3!!!

Love to ya all!