Driving while Muslim

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sajidah...welcome t o TTI if I had not welcomed you before. I appreciate your concern. I posted an innane post because lately TTI is suffering from a lot of bickering and simply immature responses. The sister took it upon herself to change the direction of the intention of my post. I have been very gracious.
I thank you for the love you are showing. Please understand I am not hurt at all. I love life and enjoy myself. I love beauty and simplicity.
However, what the sister is forgetting is I am an elder woman. The dictates of Islam encourage the younger to listen to the wisdom of the elder.
A person may read a book, recite the Holy Quran, and know a fatawa or two...but wisdom comes after life has thrown a few tests and trials and you still know that there is only one Truth. You live the Quran i.e when you look in the refridgerator and there is one loaf of bread and four mouths to feed; when you go to the food pantry and your education is questioned, when you give birth to a child and your morality is challenged.; when you a woman that has to be both father and mother to your children .When believing brothers and sisters do not talk to you for they consider you a lesser being; when you live knowing every second is a gift and test from Allah ergo you forgive as you know Allah forgives.

and getting back to the topic of the post...I drove the contents of my car to the safety of the arms of their grandmother and I ate the best food in the world...my mothers Mogual cooking.

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
Qoute
The sister took it upon herself to change the direction of the intention of my post. I have been very gracious.

ya Allah the accusations that is being throwm here. i wish the best for you sister mirajmom, i sense your resentment for advice...its ok in future i wont say anything, if that is what you like. i never questioned your intentions, nor did i ever say you wont go to heaven ..i dont know where that came from...you want the young ones to listen to the WISDOM of the elders as you say...but you have to give respect in order to recieve it, although you took this advice as an insult i truely am sorry for ever hurting any one feelings. its your life and its your lord you will answer to. i ended this discusion in page 5 of your thread..yet its still being dragged. i wish the moderators will close this thread, its making us all sin...its a holy month of rajab. A month where we can acquire many good, lets stop bickering about the dog, im gtting sick of this already if you feel you are correct hamdulilah ahlan wa sahlan sister. may we leave each other with no hard feelings or resentment, lets forgive each other and forget.

wa alaykum salam

Skywalker

As-salam-o'alaikum

I think you have taken it in the wrong stride.
You seems offended.

One more thing, don't talk about mughlai...m really hungry;-)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I am having fun. I am amazed at the number of people looking at this thread. I am not bickering. I am taking a break from my weeds. My fingers are bleeding.
My intention was for fun. I am not making anyone sin. Please do not put that on me. If the adminstrators would close this..that is fine by me...must say mods I am behaving so much these days that it has been a long time since you hit the delete button for me.
Sister do not be offened by a silly little story. Every now and then it is nice to smile. I can be a little overwhelming..ask my former husbands...but my heart is good..ask my former husbands...
Now it is time to go and weed...Insha'Allah if my garden looks good..it's fragrance may attract an angel of Allah subhana talla and who knows a future husband may be around the corner..
We have too much to do in life to spend a moment in anger...let it go and enjoy your husband..that is a gift from Allah subhana talla that is yours to hold. Love him and serve him...for many a sister has no-one to serve and believe me..it is hard on a woman.

Sajidah_1

ancient one
mashallah sis I all to well know about age as I am 50 and I agree with you and my original post was to laugh at your storey and tell you I could feel for you as I am a school bus driver and know the effects of many children behind you when your trying to drive ..and as for the marigolds please [ost me a pic of the garden I also am an avid gardner ,and what is the pups name. sounds like he was not protecting you with the officer other wise he would have eaten the ticket right in front of him hahahaha

Skywalker

As-salam-o'alaikum

MashAllah

Real nice people down here and the best thing is that no one tries to offend other. The other thing is that people realise their mistakes and try to amend.

vcorkhill

Dear sister mirajmom, I have read this entire thread with a certain amusing smile on my lips.

Your first post was hilarious. I am an owner of 3 cats whom I love dearly, they were all abandoned and would have been put to sleep if I had not taken them. As you say we are not perfect and I prefer to choose my battles carefully. I love my pets so much that I will accept the consequences in the after life. I strive to keep the 5 pillars and be an all round good person to my fellow man and to animals. I cant see the point at getting so absorbed in the minutia of life, people need to stop, take a breath and look at the bigger picture once in a while.

Please keep entertaining us with your posts!

sister vicki

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

My dearest Dianne...please help this old girl here and start a new post about cakes..how are you?

Alhumdulila my 8th grader is five feet seven inches tall and my baby ( 7th grader) is almost five one...

My dear brothers and sisters..there must have been some benefit in this post...because I am almost as tired from this as I was from the round trip...

May Allah subhana talla reward each and every one of you..we help each other out in our daily tribulations by keeping the strands of our rope together; how strong it is..how strong it is.

warda A

Sister
May Allah subhana talla reward each and every one of you..we help each other out in our daily tribulations by keeping the strands of our rope together; how strong it is..how strong it is.

ameen to your duas
and your first post was hilarious
we are all different and same goes with our thinking so may we all be blessed
for all advice provided here.

q8penpals

Assalam aliekum Mirajmom & others,

Mirajmom, I have to say, when I read your story, I literally laughed out loud! I thought it was funny (and that you were a bit lucky to get a guy who was willing to give you a little bit of a break!). And then I read all the responses.

I was a little disappointed - if a non-Muslim came and read the thread, they would really wonder "geez, Islam is supposed to be a religion of peace, and yet this is how they get a long with each other?" I don't want to insult anyone, but it was clear in the first page or two of responses that #1 - yes, having a dog in the house is not right and #2 - none of us is perfect, and we shouldn't judge others - we make decisions for ourselves that aren't always what they should be, but that's what makes us human. The thread didn't need to keep "beating a dead horse". I have always been taught "say what you gotta say, and then shut up" - either people will listen to you or not.

My funniest story from the summer - nearly every time I held my brother's little baby girl (she is just 4 months old), she, very noisily filled her diaper! I thought it was just coincidence, but yesterday, I went to visit a friend here in Kuwait who had a baby just a month ago, and she gave me the baby to hold, and sure enough, the baby, very noisily filled her diaper too! Apparently, I literally bring out the worst in babies! LOL!

Let's all give each other a big, group, e-hug and forgive and forget any mis-intended, misguided posts here!

******************hug*****************

Lana

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister not only that but a loving person paid for my ticket. It will take a couple of years to get rid of the points. I am obeying the speed limit. However, being who I am I have a difficult time with seat belts. That is another story.

As for the loaded diapers..that is a good sign..children must feel the warmth and love of your soul..because if you were frigid they would be stopped up.
Sorry about the wording.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
I think you should use this Ammi:

Speed Radar Detectors

q8penpals said:
My funniest story from the summer - nearly every time I held my brother's little baby girl (she is just 4 months old), she, very noisily filled her diaper!

Ouch and ew, LoL.

You could just imagine the constant noise of the releasing of carbon and the spluttering sound of the thing going plut plut and piling, LoL. It's sounds nasty maybe, but kids are so adorable. :)

But that felt messed up about what you said about yourself, that you make babies do the worst things, LoL. Don't worry sister American Queen, I bet the baby was just scared like the Gingerbred Man in Shrek 3 and farted when the Captain Guy from Peter Pan and the Prates sorounded him, and he popped a pink gummy ball (I wouldn't suggest anyone eating that LoL :D), and that's the same with the babies, LoL. :lol:

Seeker-of-truth

lololollool

salam alaykum

lol im not judging you but there is a hadith about keeping dogs im sure you know...that angels do not come into a house where there is a dog. anyway im sure there are animal homes you can give it to..but as you say you need it for security...but sis try and speak to a knowledgeable person abou this because it is a big thing.

and also I heard 1 qiraat is removed from your reward each day you keep the dog

JenGiove

Salaam,
All I need is for my sons to call the producers of Pimp my Ride and I would be set!

The fact that you even know that show really really scares me. :biggrin:

So there I am playing dodge ball with 18 wheelers...

I LOOOOOOOOOVE that game!

at my age I am pretty good at it..have done it for longer than most of you have been alive...

All these wipper-snappers do make a person feel a bit long in the tooth...[/QUOTE]

I have been stripped searched at airports..I have had my passport taken away... I had a plane that was stopped on the runway...I have been grilled by the feds...no I could not think..homeland security on the highway...

I have no words....none..... 8-O (shocked face) I can not imagine what it must be like....Aapa, I am so so sorry that you have to deal with that. While I understand the mentality from a "procedure" view, its still aweful that this world has come down to that. Just aweful!

He pulls me over...I roll down my window...he asks for my license and registration...I pull out a flip-flop from my purse ( it is blue with big plastic yellow and orange flowers; it matches my handbag)

How very womanly! Everything but the kitchen sink! And your handbag sounds like it would make a great knitting bag! IMHO, All knitting bags need to be the ugliest things in the world....adds a bit of flair to the craft!

He gave me a ticket $160.00 but realizing my situation he let me out of a reckless ticket by reducing my speed to one mile under reckless.

8-O 8-O 8-O Are you sure he did the math right?????????!!!!!!!!! Holy smokes batman!

[QUOTEI drove the rest of the way not a mile over the speed limit with four teenage boys, a full grown dog, a six week old kitten and a pot of marigolds.[/QUOTE]

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!! you left out the part where "and nar' a word was heard..."

Thanks for sharing! I should share my own trip stories....hmmm..I think I just might. Think we could start a trend? I actually have one written as a "note" on facebook about my trip to the neurologist last month. I'll have to edit for content.. :)

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

Do you know what I wish????? I wish members would read the ENTIRE thread before posting their opinion because 9 times out of 10 their posts are just repeating those of someone who posted before them.

Aapa....dont feel bad I drive too fast as well!!! Mercifully Allah sent me to a place where I am not able to drive now or surely I would have ended up in jail!!!! hahahahaha Alhamdulillah

Good luck!!!!

ovomer

salam from pakistan!
aapa,
assalamo alaikum,
very nice to hear that pet lovers are also the members of this group.
being a veterinary doctor i wish to serve the muslim ummah.
wasalam.

JenGiove

salam alaykum

ok whatever you say....although i do know that in the states everyone keeps guns..well almost everyone....and have easy acces to them unlike in the uk...can your dog protect your family against a gun?

Sister,

You are incorrect about the guns. While a person here has the right to own a weapon, that's not really the case. If you are a felon, you will never be allowed to own a weapon legally. Each town has different opinions about owning a weapon, some are more lenient than other...especially in the country where you can run into dangerous wildlife such as bears, mountain lions and rabid animals. A law-abiding citizen has a harder time getting a handgun or shotgun than you think. Criminals, like the ones in Aapa's neighborhood get them from each other and get the money for that from murdering "little old ladies" and men in their homes during the day. Would you have her not pick up a Kafir's weapon off the ground in the middle of a war if she needed it simply because it was in the hands of a dead man?

There is a story I'd like to share with you that I read the other day:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72563&highlight=eagle+crow
The Eagle and the Crow

Once a man saw a crow whose wings were cut. He thought: ‘Poor thing, how is it going to survive? From where shall it get its food?’ Hardly a moment had passed when that person spotted an eagle carrying some prey in its beak. The eagle came closer, landed and fed the crow.
On seeing this the man thought: ‘This is how Allah provides for His creatures, so why should I worry about earning a living. Allah will provide for me.’ So he sat down and remained idle. Some days passed but yet the person did not get anything.

One wise man said to him: ‘O servant of Allah, you were shown two birds, one injured crow and an eagle. Why did you prefer to become like the crow? Why did you not think about becoming like the eagle who not only eats himself but also feeds others who are in need?’

This story illustrates the real nature of Tawakkul or trust in Allah. If anyone has ameans of livelihood at his disposal, then he should not give up those means. His case is a like that of the eagle. He should not only fulfil his own needs but also look after others.

Tawakkul means using the best at our disposal to the best of our ability, leaving the result to the descision of Allah.

The World Within by Mufti Muhammad Shafi (late Grand Mufti of Pakistan)

Sister Aapa, I hope you have a pit-bull! Come live in Frederick, it's safer! :D You would be welcome in my house....with my dog, 2 cats, toddler, and we used to have a bird. At one time....I had 1 dog, 2 cats, 1 bird, 1 turtle and several fish...living in the turtle tank.