Egypt to face its first Tunisian-inspired protests

iqzero

Is this TTI's resident KSA Ambassador?

:salam2:

I do not have issues with anyone criticizing KSA for issuing a message in support of Mr Mubarak. He is without doubt a tyrant who has been instrumental in corruption in Egypt and causing distress to people of Egypt by persecuting some citizens. I myself do not agree with anyone supporting him or issuing a statement of support on his behalf and that includes KSA.

However, Aapa or anyone here has no right to defame a muslim country or it's people by calling them a friend of the 'zionist'. (she has done it before as well and hurt people's sentiments) It is very hurtful for people who have contributed so diligently and sincerely to the cause of Palestinians and the govt of KSA and it's people have certainly among the top contributors in aiding the Palestinian people financially. Their official position from their ministers is also critical of the govt of Israel in their inhumane treatment of Palestinian people.

So this childish propaganda against KSA only exposes the close mindedness and bigoted views that translate in to taking parting shots at a country at every opportunity. It needs to stop.

As for the protests, as I previously asked but didn't get many responses on this thread. I would consult with the scholars before supporting or being against open protest on the streets. And I haven't seen any posts here related to it bar one link/post.

Regardless, I pray for the safety of the people of Egypt. May Allah azz zawajal guide us all and keep us firm on His deen. Ameen

Salaam Alaiykum,

Do you like have a software or something that the moment the rulers of KSA is mentioned you roll in within the hour posting in their defense??

OK So saudi king is offering all these dictators asylum cause it is neccessary for Muslims and Islam according to you.. Why did they also offer someone called IDI AMIN who even ate body parts of citizens who did not agree with him asylum too??

Just stop derailing the thread with the diatribe as many of us who do not post do follow this thread to check on sister Maha and other Egyptian TTI members.

Ambassador can start a How good is KSA thread if you please in the same section and how people on TTI are maligning the so very very holy and good Rulling kings of Saudia.

fe amaanaullah

iqzero

Pls allow me to say "ameen" to your du'a.

..and may Allah protects all M'sian students in Egypt and grant them a safe return home.

I've not posted for very long time, but this thread move my feelings and emotion for our brothers and sisters in Egypt. Whether Mubarak is good or bad, but the best thing he can do now for his country is to resign and leave the country.

:wasalam:

Mashaallah so good to see you my brother.. Really. I now know you are fine and well and in good eeman and as usual worried about your brothers and sisters no matter what country they are in.

Alhamdulillah for Islam in which we are brothers! :)

fe amaanullah

Maha*

I just got back a while ago from Tahrir Square again. While I've been hesitant before to write about my experiences, today I have come back overfilled with emotions that I just can't not share it. I pray Allah accepts it from me and I remind myself that this is solely for Him.

It was beyond words can describe. Getting there took us some good 20 minutes walk because all the entrances except that one were closed. Every 10 meters or so you are stopped for a security check, and my sisters always say, "We apologize." Such good people. In the square, there was these big speakers and everyone in the square could hear, it felt ever so united. It was so different from Tuesday because on that day, there were different groups composed of hundreds of people together each saying their different chant against Mubarak. There was one group that had speakers but it wasn't large enough for everyone to hear. Only a few thousand people who are nearest to the speaker. But today, everyone was chanting in the same breath, praying at the same time, and making dua together. It made me reminisce on Hajj.

A short while after we arrived, the men were running in the opposite direction like something had happened and the person with the mic said that they need 30 guys to go to the Talat Harb entrance because the thugs are trying to get in. At that moment, my heart skipped a beat but I also felt very safe at the same time. He then added that our numbers are much more than them and that we are those who are right and all those inspirational words that we won't leave until he leaves and that no one should be afraid of anything.

I cannot even begin to explain how crowded it was, we were MUCH more than Tuesday! I am guessing like 3 million or more. I couldn't move!

It was time to pray, and as all the millions were praying hand in hand I could hear the thugs' voices and chanting really near and I thought it was really low of them to try to do anything while we are praying. Really low! But many guys passed in front of me (the square couldn't accommodate everyone praying at the same time, so we were split into rounds), going in that direction I guess, and I know they had the situation under control right from the start because there were many people already at the entrance. How wonderful my fellow Egyptians are. Everything was organized. There was only one entrance you could enter from, all the others were closed so that the thugs won't be able to shoot from the top of the bridge as they had done before.

Shortly afterward, there was this huge cloth that they had put up on one of the buildings and they were airing AlJazeera news channel on it as kind of a projector. Everyone sat down on the floor to watch. I got up to take a better picture of how many we were since everyone was sitting, and I was amazed! We are SO many! And I had already gone there quite late, at Maghrib, so I can't believe what it must have been in the morning.

After a while, I needed to get water, so I exited the square and headed to the nearby streets. While I was passing, I saw that people had made first aid corners in the streets and were helping injured people (I think the government is not allowing ambulances to enter). I thought those must be the brave men that fought off the thugs. But there were many injured people, and I couldn't help feel more hatred for the government. I got water, and I remembered the people who were distributing free water and gave me one last Tuesday, so I got an extra one to try and pay it forward. I walked for a few meters and sure enough, someone asks me if he could drink so I gave it to him. It was really cool how it was okay to ask a stranger for food or water, I loved how warm that was. And how everyone was giving. The guy sitting next to me was eating this Egyptian dish, and he had finished eating but there were some leftovers, so he was offering it to people. Another guy I sat next to, gave my dad I from the candy he had. And I saw a girl passing biscuits.

While I was leaving to go home because my dad got tired, I couldn't help but wish that I'd be in Tahrir with everyone the time they announce he'll leave, so as much as I hope for it actually happening, as much I want to be there when it does. Inshaa Allah! I'm so proud to be Egyptian!

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Al Jazeera:One of our correspondents in Cario says on Twitter that a soldier told her yesterday that the curfew, to take effect at 7pm, will be enforced strongly from tonight onwards. Since protests started, the curfew has been largely ignored, with scores of people sleeping in Tahrir Square overnight.

Some people are scratching their heads, wondering what more they need to do to make it clear to the president that they don't want him.

Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak has held talks with ministers to try to revive an economy hit by a wave of anti-government protests.

arzafar

btw who is the new American front man egypt. I read that this new deputy prime minister has a strong working relationship with CIA and Mosad.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
e16a_0202.jpg

Maha*

You make history in your country
1004.gif
and your children will read about it in school.

:lol:

Inshaa Allah. :shymuslima1:

Demonstrators refused the request Hasan Alrowainy the army commander to return to their homes ... and the message reached the masses and the army

URGENT Egyptian television: the resignation of the members of the Politburo of the ruling National Democratic Party

Egyptian TV reports that Hosni Mubarak resigns as head of the ruling NDP party
Edit: seems Aljazeera was mistaken. Gamal Mubarak is the one who resigned not Hosni.

Not enough, but a step closer.

And like one of the chants, "Talk to him in Hebrew, he doesn't understand Arabic."!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I found this article to be timely and profound:

Egyptians rising up against servitude to U.S.: Leader
Tehran Times Political Desk

TEHRAN - Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei has said that the main cause of the protests of the Tunisian and Egyptian nations was the humiliation they suffered due to their governments’ servitude to the United States.

Ayatollah Khamenei made the remarks at Friday prayers at the Tehran University campus, in reference to the popular protests which have recently occurred in certain Arab countries.

During his sermon, the Leader called Mubarak the “servant” of Israel and the United States.

He told worshippers, “For 30 years, this country (Egypt) has been in the hands of someone who is not only not seeking freedom, but himself is the enemy of the quest for freedom. Not only is he not anti-Zionist, but he is the companion, colleague, confidant, and in a sense, the servant of the Zionists.”

The Tunisian president was also linked to the U.S. and there are reports which show he had connections with the CIA, the Leader added.

However, Western countries are making efforts to deflect the world’s attention from the main cause of the uprisings and say they occurred due to economic problems, Ayatollah Khamenei stated.

The Leader also said that Israel is worried about the events in Egypt since it will lose the support of its ally if the Egyptian revolution is successful.

He also described the developments in the Arab world as the “echoes of the voice of the Iranian nation.”

“Today’s events in North Africa, Egypt, and Tunisia and some other countries have a specific meaning for us,” he said.

This is the Islamic awakening that “was always talked about at the time of the victory of the great Islamic Revolution of Iran,” he added

He also called these developments a “real earthquake”, adding that if the Egyptian nation leads their revolution to victory, they will make the United States suffer a “permanent defeat” in the Middle East.

Hopefully, Egyptian army will join the people

During one part of his sermon, Ayatollah Khamenei switched from Persian to Arabic and addressed the Egyptians.

“Do not back down until the implementation of a popular regime based on religion,” he said, AFP reported.

“The clergy should play a role. For example, when people come out of mosques and chant slogans, they should support (them). Inshallah (God willing), part of the Egyptian army will join the people. The main enemy of the Egyptian army is the Zionist regime and not the people,” the Leader added.

West has adopted wrong approach toward nuclear issue

Elsewhere in his remarks, the Leader said the West has adopted a wrong stance toward Iran’s nuclear program.

The Western countries’ mistake was that they created a brouhaha and played up the issue, he stated.

“Iran has made unexpected progress in the nuclear area and despite all the pressure, it has stood firm and will not back down,” he noted.

He also announced that Iran will attain full self-sufficiency in gasoline production on February 11, which is the 32nd anniversary of the victory of the Islamic Revolution.

The Leader also said that the political unrest that occurred after the Iranian presidential election of June 2009 was guided by foreign elements.

http://www.tehrantimes.com/index_View.asp?code=235171

Valerie

Just stop derailing the thread with the diatribe as many of us who do not post do follow this thread to check on sister Maha and other Egyptian TTI members.

:salam2:

BrotherInIslam isn't to blame for derailing. It didn't take long before people started slinging accusations about Zionists and America. I agree that we should leave this thread for updates from people like Sister Maha and Sister Revert.

There are more than enough threads to complain about America and "zionists." (Threads I'd like to personally avoid because they are so awful). It'd be great if people could put their opinions in those threads and focus on the real events facing the Egyptian people on this thread.

On that note: Maha, it is wonderful to hear from you again, and so great to hear your experiences. Thank you.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It is critical to keep this thread open. However, it is imperative for many to gain an understanding of why there is this revolution. It did not just happen. There are underlying causes. Therefore, a look at the recent past helps us to gain insight.

Things are connected. A brief review of history points to the oppressors. Awful, is the fact that many refuse to see why the Egyptians are revolting. The US has been complicit in meddling with the affairs of the Middle East; I am not absolving the US foreign policy towards the rest of the world. It is equally wrong.

Americans are not Zionists. Let us pray they are not. However, the US foreign policy has been the manifestation of the Zionist agenda. Let us be clear on that.

If one has no comprehension of the current situation how can one make dua. One must know why one is supplicating to Allah.

To our Egyptian brothers and sisters..we make dua. Insha'Allah the servants of the oppressors will flee by your efforts to enjoin good and forbid evil.

Valerie

Assalaam walaikum,

It is critical to keep this thread open. However, it is imperative for many to gain an understanding of why there is this revolution. It did not just happen. There are underlying causes. Therefore, a look at the recent past helps us to gain insight.

Things are connected. A brief review of history points to the oppressors. Awful, is the fact that many refuse to see why the Egyptians are revolting. The US has been complicit in meddling with the affairs of the Middle East; I am not absolving the US foreign policy towards the rest of the world. It is equally wrong.

Americans are not Zionists. Let us pray they are not. However, the US foreign policy has been the manifestation of the Zionist agenda. Let us be clear on that.

If one has no comprehension of the current situation how can one make dua. One must know why one is supplicating to Allah.

To our Egyptian brothers and sisters..we make dua. Insha'Allah the servants of the oppressors will flee by your efforts to enjoin good and forbid evil.

:wasalam:

Great idea then, start a thread talking about reasons behind what is going on and that way the discussions can be focused on that.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Although, I am lacking in knowledge in many areas..this is not one. Thus, I have no need to open a thread. However, I will point out misconceptions on this thread. Truth can not be hidden.

And most importantly, the point that was missed and needs to be confirmed is what is that you are making dua. In this thread we are constantly praying for the Egyptians. Think about what we are praying and making supplication.

We wish the evil servant of the oppressors to step down. Define evil. Define servant. Define servant of the evil oppressors. Bingo. Thus, and this is not my opinion millions have decided that Mubarak is a friend of those who Oppress peoples, not limited to Muslims, of the Middle East.

Do not conflate the US with the peoples who inhabit the US.

And I reiterate, we are making dua. Know what you are doing.

Maha*

I will be able to help list out those reasons. It's not to something to forget and if you do have a bed memory, my brothers and sisters were walking around with signs with his "accomplishments" in Tahrir Square to help refresh your memory.

His fortune is estimated to be around 40-70 billion dollars. Our money! All the taxes we paid!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Insha"Allah Sister...the Blessings of Allah upon the people of Egypt for standing up to evil are sufficient.

What is all the money in the world going to do for him at this moment. Nothing. Nada. Zip Zilch Zero.

apocalypse77

I would like to make my 2 cents on the Egyptian uprising: If Mubarak is ousted, i hope the majority wins fair and square in the elections. It does not really matter if Egypt is going to be democratic or shariah because most importantly Egyptians themselves should have a SAY in who they want in their government rather than some American puppet infiltrating their country.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Message from USA to Egyptians:

"I just wanted to say if your in contact with them would you send them best wishes from here in the US. I've been following this pretty closely and honestly thought this was doomed to failure but I have renewed faith after reading this post. I pray they are organized and commit to the long haul even if it takes some time. Do what you need to do, stay safe take care of your families, work together. Egypt could lead the world here!"

:tti_sister: