Epic fail and total disaster at delivering khutbah, but somehow i feel relieved.

lovefordeen

wa'alaikum assalaam wa rahmathulahi wa barakathuhu

mashaAllah..may Allah reward you in your efforts...

you'll do well as you proceed to your next kutbah in sha Allah....

please try not to think think of what the audience thinks of you....

you may do better in sha Allah the next time in sha Allah as you have experience now...

kayleigh

Yes it does help.. to make it worst lol

No seriously, i tried that but the only thing it did was just increase my heart rate, which makes me more nervous (or maybe i'm just doing it wrong)

Breathe deep, but don't hyperventilate! I just take slow, even breaths on the count of 5. 5 in and 5 out. I always take a moment to do it when I'm giving a speech. I mean, it's not going to work magic but I think it can help calm your nerves a little bit.

Some people have a gift of speaking, but no one started out being a great speaker from their very first speech. Even all these famous politicians who are considered to be good orators (Hitler, Churchill, Obama, etc.) took tremendous amounts of speech classes and would have practiced giving a speech countless times. I bet they all sucked at first, too.

Most people probably knew it was your first khutbah, right? So I'm sure they didn't expect it to be mind-blowingly awesome. I'm not saying this to make you feel bad, just, don't feel so bad about it because I think people will be understanding. And if you keep thinking of how badly it went, then it will effect how you approach your next khutbah as well.