faith fading..help :(

pinkspoon

alsalamo alaikum brothers and sisters

i am in dire need of help..i was brought up a muslim and i kno this is gonna sound shallow and weak but i truly love god (allah) he is my best friend elhamdolellah he hasnt rejected my prayers i feel like he truly understands me.but i am now living in a foreign country and no the media is so negative! most of my foreign friends are not muslim but they are wonderful they are open minded and they accept me and my religion. how ever i am very upset as now i just had a philosophical amd spiritual talk ith someone and they really shot me down.they said:
"does not islam teach that muslims should kill "infidels"?(non believers)it also teaches that the original text is the exact word of god.so are you not going against god's own word if you believe that?"

my policy on the ..ermm..more agreesive passages in the koran is that most of them are either telling of the times with holy wars they were savage and bloody times because of the crusades and the romans and all that stuff.but now i am facing alot of people telling me your religion is a religion of war and here is the proof..and then they pull out passages like:

-Allah is an enemy to unbelievers. - Sura 2:98

Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. - 2:191
-Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. - 2:191

-Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. - 2:216
(different translation: ) Prescribed for you is fighting, though it is hateful to you.

-Those who believe fight in the cause of God, and those who reject faith fight in the cause of evil. - 4:76

-But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever you find them. - 4:89

-O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Those of you who make them his friends is one of them. God does not guide an unjust people. - 5:54

-O Prophet! Exhort the believers to fight. If there are 20 steadfast men among you, they shall vanquish 200; and if there are a hundred, they shall rout a thousand unbelievers, for they are devoid of understanding. - 8:65

-Allah will humble the unbelievers. Allah and His apostle are free from obligations to idol-worshipers. Proclaim a woeful punishment to the unbelievers. - 9:2-3

-When the sacred months are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. - 9:5

-Fight those who believe neither in God nor the Last Day, nor what has been forbidden by God and his messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, even if they are People of the Book, until they pay the tribute and have been humbled. - 9:29 (another source: ) The unbelievers are impure and their abode is hell. (another source: ) Humiliate the non-Muslims to such an extent that they surrender and pay tribute

-O Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites. Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey's end. - 9:73
and:
what would you say to those kinds of teachings that come straight from the koran?
clearly you should want to destroy me (since i don't believe in allah)....yet you choose not to, which would stand as clear disobedience in the face of the koran."

how do you reply to such a thing! how can i defend my religion when i cant deny that most of these pasages are true..the koran speaks of punishment and jugement but when i was a kid it all seemed to fit in with me.if youre bad then you go to hell etc tec etc but now growing up in a foreign country everyone is making me question what is good and what is bad.i wouldnt kill a jew just because he is a jew no thats murderif he hasnt done anything to hurt me! but then someone liek that will bring up a passage and say "hey wait..your religion oreders the murder of jews" and i cant reply...tell me what shall i say?

everytime i have tried to talk to other muslims they just close the conversation and say "ah those people are close minded dont talk to them" well no! i WANT to find out what i can say to negate those things how can we just settle to being ignorant infront of these attacks? we are not living alone in the world we have to learn how to live at peace with people from other religions and cultures.i always thought that god is a merciful beautiful divine being that will forgive and love because he created everything and everyone...and that even if u dont have the chance to learn abot islam(in some circumstances) but you lived a good life that MAYBE he will forgive you.but now that i read these passages i am so hurt and scared.i want to keep my faith i want to get to heaven but i want to understand creation and understand god...yet the search for a better understanding of creation in a foreign land has meant that alot of the new ideas that make sense to me dont fit in with some strict dogma of islam.
for example: when you pray,it is a form of meditiation.why be distracted when you are actually tryin to connect your energy to a higher divine energy.you are not just saying words when u read the koran i think you are fueling your body with light.such esoteric teachings about karma and the law of attraction and chakra and energy points in the body,,,i studied about them and i found that islam incorporates all of these and i thought "sobhan allah" that when you place our hands up for prayer you are doing so to absorb positive energy form god which is why you feel so brilliant after you do some do'a2.yet there are things like these passages i dont understand about islam.where do i go from here? i know god exists...i know he created everything...sad to say i admit it is my fault i havent read the koran or prayed in a long time but im scared to do so because i dont feel any fulfimnet as i used to do when i was living in the emirates.i always have a seed of doubt in my mind now..my mother tells me its the devil i know she might be right but i still dont believe god might still forgive me.i feel like i hav failed him because i couldnt stand up to this guy about my own religion.all i said to him was please look for the peaceful side of islam and he said well how can i when every other sentence begins with war.i can deny that i kno islam has war themes but what do i do? somehow when i read the koran god sounds much more authoritive than i kno he actually is.i kno he is more loving and kind but the koran seems a bit too...inyourface.and thats what discourages me though i wish it wasnt so.
brothers and sisters please help me out here,and plase dont say just ignore what that guy said...god said i want you all to search and think of my creation well here i am i am doing so but i am so utterly confused.people in this country call the prophet muhammed a pervert i say whatever they are wrong.but then i read the hadiths and the prophet got angry over someone having a picture of animals in their house (i think his wife) he went out of the house so angry and i thought "something to impulsive is not so graceful for the prophet to do..yet he did..what is going on here.."
and how can i defend the idea of the prophet marrying a 9 year old...? i tried to argue the point that human bodies were different back then and that the female developed earlier but i am still not 100 percent convinced..now im not saying islam is horrible i love it i think its the true way but somehow i am growing more and more doubtful of everythig i learnt as a young girl in school as i am faced with the opinions of those who hate islam and new ideas about life that make *sense*.
for example: i dont think evil or good matters.i dont think black or white or light and darkness matter,god created everyone of us and we are part of him so we make up his experience.he set laws in motion on earth and in the universe so a unified experience can happen....but "good" and "bad"...i dont think it matters...aaaaa!!! see what i told you!! i study philosophy at university and it is confusing my spirituality!!! philosophy makes sense but i want religion to make sense too :( and i am not prepared to adopt somethign unless it makes sense to me..otherwise it doesnt feel right to me...when i was young i ouldnt question islam how dare i, i knew it was right,,,but now im scared to find myself doubting and questioning things that dont make sense.i always held on to the belief everything god tells us to do is for ur own good,but somethings like music is forbidden and pictures are forbidden and if someone is a christian or jew they are your enemies.can they help it though? can a 16 or 20 year old who has been brought up as a christian or jew and they didnt do anything wrong to me..and god created them just as he created me..why should i hate them?it isnt in my nature to not question and just follow..it makes me feel weaker than stronger and i believe religion was presented to humanity to enlighten and strengthen them instead of turning everyone into sheep.
sorry i am just very hurt that i didnt kno how to shut that guy up..im angry at myself for not appreciating god's endless gifts to me and taking his name in vain and not praying..i am also scared i want salvation and enlightenment but nothing makes sense anymore :confused: im sorry if i seemed like i am offending islam..i am angry at myself for thinkign and doubting my religion but i hope some of you can be patient and understandin and inshallah i can strengthen my faith and overcome this doubt and hopefully make it to heaven..somehow doubt it right now lol but hopefully if i work on it.thanks :)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

First of all take a deep breath. You are home. Here everyone will help you to disspell the notions which cause confusion.
First of all many of the philosphers that are taught at Western universties stuided Islam. If you research their lives at one time or another they read the great works of Islam. Reanalyze what they have written...many are confused with thier interpersonal realtionship with God..many were isolated and could not even carry on a normal conversation with another human being. Can you really trust what they said as compared to what is the Quran?
Second, you seem to be in the middle of some new age stuff. You need to make a choice..do you want new age or Islam.
Third, you are not at a point in your life to defend Islam in conversations with your friends. You need to build your faith. Yes, it is hard to live in the west..often there is a puacity of Muslim friends...but you need to be among Muslims.
There comes a point in your life when you are given a glimse of the Truth. As you journey to find the Truth you discover that it is the only thing that makes sense. You learn to revere it. You learn to love it. If you learn to defend it. When you understand that you are a slave of Allah...and Islam is more important than you...you humble yourself.
Please do not be offened by what I have written.

Peace2u

Turn To Islam

i am in dire need of help..i was brought up a muslim and i kno this is gonna sound shallow and weak but i truly love god (allah) he is my best friend elhamdolellah he hasnt rejected my prayers i feel like he truly understands me.but i am now living in a foreign country and no the media is so negative! most of my foreign friends are not muslim but they are wonderful they are open minded and they accept me and my religion. how ever i am very upset as now i just had a philosophical amd spiritual talk ith someone and they really shot me down.they said:
"does not islam teach that muslims should kill "infidels"?(non believers)it also teaches that the original text is the exact word of god.so are you not going against god's own word if you believe that?"

my policy on the ..ermm..more agreesive passages in the koran is that most of them are either telling of the times with holy wars they were savage and bloody times because of the crusades and the romans and all that stuff.but now i am facing alot of people telling me your religion is a religion of war and here is the proof..and then they pull out passages like:

-Allah is an enemy to unbelievers. - Sura 2:98

Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. - 2:191
-Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. - 2:191

-Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. - 2:216
(different translation: ) Prescribed for you is fighting, though it is hateful to you.

-Those who believe fight in the cause of God, and those who reject faith fight in the cause of evil. - 4:76

-But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever you find them. - 4:89

-O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Those of you who make them his friends is one of them. God does not guide an unjust people. - 5:54

-O Prophet! Exhort the believers to fight. If there are 20 steadfast men among you, they shall vanquish 200; and if there are a hundred, they shall rout a thousand unbelievers, for they are devoid of understanding. - 8:65

-Allah will humble the unbelievers. Allah and His apostle are free from obligations to idol-worshipers. Proclaim a woeful punishment to the unbelievers. - 9:2-3

-When the sacred months are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. - 9:5

-Fight those who believe neither in God nor the Last Day, nor what has been forbidden by God and his messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, even if they are People of the Book, until they pay the tribute and have been humbled. - 9:29 (another source: ) The unbelievers are impure and their abode is hell. (another source: ) Humiliate the non-Muslims to such an extent that they surrender and pay tribute

-O Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites. Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey's end. - 9:73
and:
what would you say to those kinds of teachings that come straight from the koran?
clearly you should want to destroy me (since i don't believe in allah)....yet you choose not to, which would stand as clear disobedience in the face of the koran."

how do you reply to such a thing! how can i defend my religion when i cant deny that most of these pasages are true..the koran speaks of punishment and jugement but when i was a kid it all seemed to fit in with me.if youre bad then you go to hell etc tec etc but now growing up in a foreign country everyone is making me question what is good and what is bad.i wouldnt kill a jew just because he is a jew no thats murderif he hasnt done anything to hurt me! but then someone liek that will bring up a passage and say "hey wait..your religion oreders the murder of jews" and i cant reply...tell me what shall i say?

everytime i have tried to talk to other muslims they just close the conversation and say "ah those people are close minded dont talk to them" well no! i WANT to find out what i can say to negate those things how can we just settle to being ignorant infront of these attacks? we are not living alone in the world we have to learn how to live at peace with people from other religions and cultures.i always thought that god is a merciful beautiful divine being that will forgive and love because he created everything and everyone...and that even if u dont have the chance to learn abot islam(in some circumstances) but you lived a good life that MAYBE he will forgive you.but now that i read these passages i am so hurt and scared.i want to keep my faith i want to get to heaven but i want to understand creation and understand god...yet the search for a better understanding of creation in a foreign land has meant that alot of the new ideas that make sense to me dont fit in with some strict dogma of islam.
for example: when you pray,it is a form of meditiation.why be distracted when you are actually tryin to connect your energy to a higher divine energy.you are not just saying words when u read the koran i think you are fueling your body with light.such esoteric teachings about karma and the law of attraction and chakra and energy points in the body,,,i studied about them and i found that islam incorporates all of these and i thought "sobhan allah" that when you place our hands up for prayer you are doing so to absorb positive energy form god which is why you feel so brilliant after you do some do'a2.yet there are things like these passages i dont understand about islam.where do i go from here? i know god exists...i know he created everything...sad to say i admit it is my fault i havent read the koran or prayed in a long time but im scared to do so because i dont feel any fulfimnet as i used to do when i was living in the emirates.i always have a seed of doubt in my mind now..my mother tells me its the devil i know she might be right but i still dont believe god might still forgive me.i feel like i hav failed him because i couldnt stand up to this guy about my own religion.all i said to him was please look for the peaceful side of islam and he said well how can i when every other sentence begins with war.i can deny that i kno islam has war themes but what do i do? somehow when i read the koran god sounds much more authoritive than i kno he actually is.i kno he is more loving and kind but the koran seems a bit too...inyourface.and thats what discourages me though i wish it wasnt so.
brothers and sisters please help me out here,and plase dont say just ignore what that guy said...god said i want you all to search and think of my creation well here i am i am doing so but i am so utterly confused.people in this country call the prophet muhammed a pervert i say whatever they are wrong.but then i read the hadiths and the prophet got angry over someone having a picture of animals in their house (i think his wife) he went out of the house so angry and i thought "something to impulsive is not so graceful for the prophet to do..yet he did..what is going on here.."
and how can i defend the idea of the prophet marrying a 9 year old...? i tried to argue the point that human bodies were different back then and that the female developed earlier but i am still not 100 percent convinced..now im not saying islam is horrible i love it i think its the true way but somehow i am growing more and more doubtful of everythig i learnt as a young girl in school as i am faced with the opinions of those who hate islam and new ideas about life that make *sense*.
for example: i dont think evil or good matters.i dont think black or white or light and darkness matter,god created everyone of us and we are part of him so we make up his experience.he set laws in motion on earth and in the universe so a unified experience can happen....but "good" and "bad"...i dont think it matters...aaaaa!!! see what i told you!! i study philosophy at university and it is confusing my spirituality!!! philosophy makes sense but i want religion to make sense too :( and i am not prepared to adopt somethign unless it makes sense to me..otherwise it doesnt feel right to me...when i was young i ouldnt question islam how dare i, i knew it was right,,,but now im scared to find myself doubting and questioning things that dont make sense.i always held on to the belief everything god tells us to do is for ur own good,but somethings like music is forbidden and pictures are forbidden and if someone is a christian or jew they are your enemies.can they help it though? can a 16 or 20 year old who has been brought up as a christian or jew and they didnt do anything wrong to me..and god created them just as he created me..why should i hate them?it isnt in my nature to not question and just follow..it makes me feel weaker than stronger and i believe religion was presented to humanity to enlighten and strengthen them instead of turning everyone into sheep.
sorry i am just very hurt that i didnt kno how to shut that guy up..im angry at myself for not appreciating god's endless gifts to me and taking his name in vain and not praying..i am also scared i want salvation and enlightenment but nothing makes sense anymore :confused: im sorry if i seemed like i am offending islam..i am angry at myself for thinkign and doubting my religion but i hope some of you can be patient and understandin and inshallah i can strengthen my faith and overcome this doubt and hopefully make it to heaven..somehow doubt it right now lol but hopefully if i work on it.thanks :)
Salam alai kum,

I will pray Allah removes these doubts from you and that Inshallah he increases you in deen and that shaitan stops whispering in your ear..Ameen.

Living in the west isnt easy, I myself being a born Muslim fully understands the pressures western society plays in our every day life.

A lot of people me included grew up mixing with non Muslims, in fact in the area I grew up there were hardly any Muslims at all. My friends were all non Muslims and like your friends, most of them seemed really nice and open minded as you said, however at the same time the people I socialised with weren't exactly good for me either, in the sense that they led me away from my original beliefs without me realising it.

To cut a long story short there came a time when I suddenly realised I couldnt socialise with these so called friends because if I did I would be the looser and if I died tomorrow these so called friends of mine would not be at my grave side praying for me and making dua for me.

Instead they would probably attend the funeral and be straight off to the pub and have a drink of alcohol to pay their condolences. Where as, if my freinds were Muslims they would know exatly what needs to be done to ensure the suffering I would endure in my grave would be made easy for me due to their duas and prayers.

I think the momet you left your country for the west, you took advantage of the freedom you suddenly had and you said you hadn't prayed Salah for a long time and hadn't read the Quran for a while either. I obviously don't need to tell you that this is bad as you realise this yourself.

Anyway from the moment I changed the type of people I was socialising with was as if someone had saved me and I felt a great relief. I understand where you're coming from when you say you want to be able to give these people answers to the questions they have and I believe you can, as you certianly wouldn't be the first person in this world that has had such questions thrown at you.

Just concentrate in your connection with your Lord and no doubt when you answer these people Inshallah the answers will come natural to you.

Please dont make the same mistake as others that I have known, who have left Islamic countries for the west and where they were totally brainwashed by the new society that they lived in and unfortunately came out of Islam. The main reason for this was their lack of deen.

Anyway may Allah help all Muslims and guide the non muslims to Islam Inshallah Ameen.

Salam alai kum

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
Clarification

:salam2:
Im also a born Muslim and I have also been into this stage of weakness of faith years ago when I used to visit lots of islamophobic websites... However, everything backfired: the more I read against Islam, and then compared the antagonistic TRIMMED and decontextualized statements and verses they come up with with the FULL verses in the Quran, the more I realised the fabrications Islamophobics come up with... Nevermind brother, just let the Quran and KNOWLEDGEABLE Muslims tell u about the Quran, not infidels! Let's not go to a buther's shop for medicine ;)

Two simple examples of what I mean by trimming and cutting verses (misquoting):

Example ONE: you quoted: Allah is an enemy to unbelievers. - Sura 2:98
That's only half the verse, the full verse is :
Who is an enemy to Allah, and His angels and His messengers, and Gabriel and Michael! Then, lo! Allah (Himself) is an enemy to the disbelievers. (2:98)

You see how the when the full verse is provided, the meaning is different.. Why shouldn't Allah be an enemy to those who declare enmity against allah and his messenger!!!

Example TWO: you quoted:
Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter
(2:191)

Again this verse is CUT and is not complete because the conjunction "and" is removed from the beginning of the verse. Plus, the removed "and" tells us that the verse is a continuation of the immediately previous verse which says:
Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors. (2:190)

I hope my point is clear that some people invent verses, yes they invent, because cut out verses are no longer verses :) ...

Salam

abou haytam

salam

as our brother abdallahbilal, said, you should read the complet vers of the qoran and don t interperet it out of context. I wonder how it come that you are muslim and you quote half of every verse of qoran, amuslim know exactly where a verse start and where it finished!!!!. i hope you are not faking. i will tell you that we have experience in this website from people that come here just to shake the belif of the convert brothers and sisters, if you are of those people, make sure that you are waisting you time. People here chose islam after years of searching.

and if realy you are confused you have to read more and more. and aske questions to Imams.

here are a web site where you can aske questions or search answers for questions perviewsly asked.

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ln=eng

PS : islam is a way of life, it s what God want us to be, not what we wish to be.

PPS: if you are from emirat you should speack arabic very well. so go to this website where you can found Tafsseer of the whole 9or2an in arabic. and odn t forget that shaytan is our enemy and don t aske me who is shaytan and why ? and what?? cuz if you read the coran you will find the answers. and don t go far brother with those non sense questions.

www.islamweb.net

You look for the explanation of those verse that made doubt in your faith.

salam o alikom

Aliyah206

assalamu aliykum dear..
subhanALLAH..it's very sadd to see "muslims" in this kind of satuations..but again ONLY ALLAH can guide one..i ask ALLAH SW to guide u and to remove this Satan created doubts insha;lah[AMIN}..you should know that this is all shaytan's work, he has now accoplished his goals... Oh servant of ALLAH, look back and think again, Allah has blessed you with a true guidance.take it and don't doubt it..doubts are the devils work..

yes indeed our LORD has warned us against our enemies[ because HE created us and the enemies] since he knows whats best for all of US.yes he is most merciful [ to us and to the enemies]no need for us to worry abot muslims not being soft hearted to their enemies..
O servant of ALLAH, go back and also take a look at what christainity, JEWS and Hindus says in their bibles about defeating their so called faiths...they all do use violence, injust, hatered towards Islam[muslims]..just take a look at how the media speaks about ISLAM[muslims] nowadays..u don't need no clearifications.. turn to ALLAH and ask him for guidance and forgiveness dear..

"The true religion with Allah is Islam." (S3 A19)
"Whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be
accepted of him and in the Hereafter he shall be among the
losers." (S33 A85)

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Brothers abdallahbilal & abou haytam...I think pinkspoon is a sister and not a brother..she mentioned that somewhere in the last part of her post.

Now for you sister..all I got to say is read what the brothers (abdallah & abou haytam) told you and take it seriously and think about it just like you're thinking about what that guy told you (unfortunately)..

If you truly love Islam..you would *force* yourself to pull out that Qura'an and read it...and read it with understanding..and the utter desire of truth-seeking!!!

not only are these verses partial and cut...these verses *sister* were revealed during certain circumstances that the Muslims during the *early* phases of Islam were going through!!!

Most of these verses were about Quraysh and the tribes who were after the well-being and *the lives* of Muslims...if you take the time to read any commentary of the Qura'an..or even read whether a *Sura* is Makkiya or Madaniya..you would FIGURE IT OUT!!!

Now Allah Knows..I am not trying to bring you down or trying to make you feel worse..but I want you to open your eyes and see..by being honest with you..cuz I'm pretty sure that is what you want too if your intention with this post is truthful

Sister..In the Qura'an there are verses about jews and christians who spend their nights in prayer and worship..and who are trustworthy..and their eyes fill with tears upon hearing the *word* of God..and that they too will earn rewards for their faith in God...there are verses *COMMANDING* us to believe in their Prophets/Apostles/Messengers and their Holy Books..so how can we hate them and want to kill them???

If you feel that Allah (swt) was being too-in-your-face..then you have to step-back and think of something..

He (swt) is the Lord/Creator/Ruler/and King of the *entire* universe and *all* that is in it!!!...He (swt) is not one of *us*..he wont *beat around the bush* and try to *reword*!!!..He (swt) wouldn't be all that He claims to be if He did that :astag: ...

Allah (swt) is direct with you..because He wants His divine words to reach into your heart and mind and *shake* them..*awaken* them..

He wants a chill to go up and down your spine..He wants your eyes to involuntarily fill-up with tears as you read verses that you feel are aimed at *YOU*..He wants you to sit there and reflect..wonder..and imagine..for hours at a time..there is *LOVE* AND *WISDOM* to be perceived behind all that!!!..

For the record..if you love Allah (swt)..you would love His Beloved Prophet (pbuh) without reconsideration..because Allah wouldn't pick an ungraceful..cruel..close-minded..and perverted man to carry a message FOR ALL MAN KIND...

not Quraysh..

not Arabs..

not Israelites..

not Africans..

not Aryans..

NO!..

IT'S A-L-L MAN KIND and even JINN!!!..

Also sister...keep in mind that *the shaytan* is not only that *jinn* which we don't see!!!...there are *human* shaytans too!!!...

so if you keep your *eyes* open..you can point out all the ones that are in your life right now..and you'll see that once they open their mouths to speak..you will automatically put them on ignore..cuz you will see the truth behind it all..and since you're from the Emirates..you might speak Arabic..

so keep this saying in mind..all what you hear is..*Kalimat Haq Yorad Biha Batel*..apply it to this guy..and you'll see how it will mold exactly into what he and possibly others had been and will be saying to you

My last advice to you is...

if you believe that Allah (swt) is your best-friend like you said and He has not rejected your prayers and truly understands you..then turn to Him..pray to Him..ask your questions to Him..even if you feel like you've disappointed Him..turn to Him (swt)..don't forget that He is the All-Knowing..the All-Hearing..The Aware..and most importantly..The Most Gracious..The Most Loving

Perform Ablution (wudu')..Pray two Ruka'as..then grab that Qura'an and read not just with your eyes..but with your heart and your spirit!!!

If you love Allah (swt) and Islam..then PHILOSOPHY HAS NOTHING ON THEM!!!..and *you* will *realize* it and *believe* it..Inshallah!

Finally..

I apologize if I sounded stern or offensive and for making this lengthy..but I am your sister in Islam..and By Allah..I am saying these things because I want to eliminate some of this confusion while I can..and ask Allah (swt) to eliminate all of it completely Inshallah...Take good care of yourself sister...and if you were to ever be put down like this again..always be quick to say...*Hasbiya Allah Wa Ni'ma Al-Wakeel* and *La Hawla Wala Qowta Illa Billah*...ALWAYS DO!

:wasalam:

diya Al deen

Fight back . . .

All people against islam very well kill themselves to bring out doubts and weekness (if they can find) - from my long observations I found that all doubts had been made on islam truthful teachings were washed out with out remarkable effort, and as you brought out several points (doubts) I am sure if you search out you will find that all these points are cleared out perfectly well for Islam is Just like wonderful flat cermaic floor easy to wash and easy to clean - on the other hands these people who are very good in bringing out doubts will never (and I mean it) will never answer one doubt we bring out in thier religions - and I'd seen these for hundred times in debates, books and anywhere they don't have an answer - eventually I started to think about these matter like we are in cage of accusation and that always - always we have to defend outselves - we don't need to . . . they are the one who needs to think hundred times before doubting other becoz they are full of doubts.

Look, everyone has his own battle (inside him) either you have doubts and concerns some where or you have this weekness against sex or wine . . . etc, everyone has a battle and you just stand there and fight like a true beliver, . . . coz the bath to allah was not ment to be easy and the price is very precious (الا أن سلعة الله غالية الا أن سلعة الله الجنة) as our prophet (pbuh) said.

و السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

pinkspoon

salam

i hope you are not faking. i will tell you that we have experience in this website from people that come here just to shake the belif of the convert brothers and sisters, if you are of those people, make sure that you are waisting you time. People here chose islam after years of searching.

hey brother,
how can i be a faker if i am asking for help to eliminate doubt..i am asking for clarification so i strengthen my faith...if a non muslim came at you with some questions i hope you wouldnt approach them with such an attitude.as other brothers and sister have replied to my post it has ilhamdulellah made me go back to praying,i read the qur'an in arabic and not english when i was little..and i didnt read all of it which means there are some verses that are completley alien to me.so to read it a) in english and b) not complete i didnt understand and could only be confused about it.thankfully now everything is clarified and i will start reading the qu'ran :)

pinkspoon

wow thanks soooooo much for clarifying that! it makes much more sense and i cant believe i keep falling for the same islamphbic trick...god it makes me so angry they use the quran as a weapon against us by rewording and rephrasing...and mixing and matching..well thanks so much for your help :) :)

pinkspoon

the antagonistic TRIMMED and decontextualized statements and verses they come up with with the FULL verses in the Quran, the more I realised the fabrications Islamophobics come up with
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

wow thanks soooooo much for clarifying that! it makes much more sense and i cant believe i keep falling for the same islamphbic trick...god it makes me so angry they use the quran as a weapon against us by rewording and rephrasing...and mixing and matching..well thanks so much for your help and patience :) :)

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
as other brothers and sister have replied to my post it has ilhamdulellah made me go back to praying,i read the qur'an in arabic and not english when i was little..and i didnt read all of it which means there are some verses that are completley alien to me.so to read it a) in english and b) not complete i didnt understand and could only be confused about it.thankfully now everything is clarified and i will start reading the qu'ran :)

:ma: sister..*THAT* is the way to go!..Inshallah Allah (swt) will not disappoint you and He will instill and make firm your faith and practice in this Deen for all time!!!..

I am very happy that you decided to pray and read the Qura'an to understand it..with *that* you are developing a strength and an armor against those who want to bring you down..

make sure you always let us know of any questions or worries you might have..and update us on your self-education in Islam..

God Bless :)

:wasalam:

falomar

i am in dire need of help.. :)

Well, I don't know much about Islam, I'm still learning and I'm not yet a muslim.......But what I DO KNOW (and you can read it these in a "Christian bible) is:

"The LORD said to Moses, "Take all the leaders of these people, kill them and expose them in broad daylight before the LORD, so that the LORD's fierce anger may turn away from Israel."Numbers 25:4..

and..read also:Joshua 10:25,26:

" And Joshua said unto them, Fear not, nor be dismayed, be strong and of good courage: for thus shall the LORD do to all your enemies against whom ye fight.
10:26 And afterward Joshua smote them, and slew them, and hanged them on five trees: and they were hanging upon the trees until the evening"

and about the little girl....well,...I know much less about that but read this also from Christian bible:

1 Kings 1:1-4

1 Now king David was old and stricken in years; and they covered him with clothes, but he gat no heat.
2 Wherefore his servants said unto him, Let there be sought for my lord the king a young virgin: and let her stand before the king, and let her cherish him, and let her lie in thy bosom, that my lord the king may get heat.
3 So they sought for a fair damsel throughout all the coasts of Israel, and found Abishag a Shunammite, and brought her to the king.

ALL that taken from the bible not from the Quran

abou haytam

hey brother,
how can i be a faker if i am asking for help to eliminate doubt..i am asking for clarification so i strengthen my faith...if a non muslim came at you with some questions i hope you wouldnt approach them with such an attitude.as other brothers and sister have replied to my post it has ilhamdulellah made me go back to praying,i read the qur'an in arabic and not english when i was little..and i didnt read all of it which means there are some verses that are completley alien to me.so to read it a) in english and b) not complete i didnt understand and could only be confused about it.thankfully now everything is clarified and i will start reading the qu'ran :)

salam o alikom;

i don t acuse you. i said IF you are faking. just in case...
but alhamdo lillah that it s not your case. forgive me sister. i hope incha allah that the website i post help you a little. i have non muslim freind too that aske questions the same questions. but don t forget that a lot of people in non muslim country have a concept of God = love. This a fulse concept cuz if not, why the devil exist????? the war in coran is a war against injust people. not only against jews or christian. look at this verse of coran.

“And if two parties (or groups) among the believers fall to fighting, then make peace between them both. But if one of them outrages against the other, then fight you (all) against the one that which outrages till it complies with the Command of Allaah. Then if it complies, then make reconciliation between them justly, and be equitable. Verily, Allaah loves those who are the equitable." [al-Hujuraat 49:9-10].

وَإِن طَائِفَتَانِ مِنَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ اقْتَتَلُوا فَأَصْلِحُوا بَيْنَهُمَا فَإِن بَغَتْ إِحْدَاهُمَا عَلَى الْأُخْرَى فَقَاتِلُوا الَّتِي تَبْغِي حَتَّى تَفِيءَ إِلَى أَمْرِ اللَّهِ

فَإِن فَاءتْ فَأَصْلِحُوا بَيْنَهُمَا بِالْعَدْلِ وَأَقْسِطُوا إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُحِبُّ الْمُقْسِطِي

you see that war is against injustice.

salam o alikom and forgive me again sister.

ikrima_fajr

Certainly there is for you in them a good example, for him who fears Allah and the last day; and whoever turns back, then surely Allah is the Self-sufficient, the Praised.

عَسَى اللَّهُ أَن يَجْعَلَ بَيْنَكُمْ وَبَيْنَ الَّذِينَ عَادَيْتُم مِّنْهُم مَّوَدَّةً وَاللَّهُ قَدِيرٌ وَاللَّهُ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ

audio[60:7] It may be that Allah will bring about friendship between you and those whom you hold to be your enemies among them; and Allah is Powerful; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

لَا يَنْهَاكُمُ اللَّهُ عَنِ الَّذِينَ لَمْ يُقَاتِلُوكُمْ فِي الدِّينِ وَلَمْ يُخْرِجُوكُم مِّن دِيَارِكُمْ أَن تَبَرُّوهُمْ وَتُقْسِطُوا إِلَيْهِمْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُحِبُّ الْمُقْسِطِينَ

audio[60:8] Allah does not forbid you respecting those who have not made war against you on account of (your) religion, and have not driven you forth from your homes, that you show them kindness and deal with them justly; surely Allah loves the doers of justice.

إِنَّمَا يَنْهَاكُمُ اللَّهُ عَنِ الَّذِينَ قَاتَلُوكُمْ فِي الدِّينِ وَأَخْرَجُوكُم مِّن دِيَارِكُمْ وَظَاهَرُوا عَلَى إِخْرَاجِكُمْ أَن تَوَلَّوْهُمْ وَمَن يَتَوَلَّهُمْ فَأُوْلَئِكَ هُمُ الظَّالِمُونَ

audio[60:9] Allah only forbids you respecting those who made war upon you on account of (your) religion, and drove you forth from your homes and backed up (others) in your expulsion, that you make friends with them, and whoever makes friends with them, these are the unjust.

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
assalamu alaykum

Don't go to website for answears but ask your parents we as born muslim are lucky because when we are lacking off the right path we have our family guiding us back unlike not born muslim (may Allah swt make it easy for them). Don't trust website not even TTI cos you don't know if they are islam or not so be carefull. When you are seeing or reading something and you don't feel comfortable just stop it. Yesterday i was watching videos and that video came up with islam sister with veils on so i thought i would watch. It start out pretty good then she get into how Allah swt was unfair and other things. Then i start feeling my heart become heavier as the viedo keep playing and i get into this point i couldn't watch it in more so i stop it. Then my heart slow get better but it was so heavy.