Fajr? Sharook? What does this mean?

alf2

Islam is a way of life
:salam2:

I feel so stupid to ask this, but of course I must because I'm incredibly confused. I have updated my list of prayer times, and before I had 5 (Fajr, Zuhr, Asr, maghrib, and isha) But now i have a list of 6 times.

Fajr, Sharook, Zuhr, Asr, Maghrib, Isha

I know Fajr = Dawn.
Sharook = Sunrise.

Do I do both? This would be six. :girl3:
Why does it have both there?

saifkhan

abd-Allah
salam alaikum warahamtu-llah

sharooq mean sun rise

so the fajr time starts from fajr ends at sharooq
there only 5 daily prayers.

from sharooq to Dhuhr, there is another prayer, which is Sunnah, Ad-dhuha salah. Prophet alaihis salatus salam used to pray it. even if he alaihis salatus salam had missed his Witr prayer, he used to make it up with dhuha prayer at dhuha time.

hope you've got your answer.
wa-llahu ta'la alim

wassalamu alaikum

justoneofmillion

:salam2:It is shoorook dear brother and sister with a damma above the sh.Also try to say dh which is pronounced like an English "The"for Dhuhr.It is not really important am aware,but just just in case the information might be of interest for you,Inshallah. Allah maakoum(May Allah be with you).

alf2

Islam is a way of life
salam alaikum warahamtu-llah

sharooq mean sun rise

so the fajr time starts from fajr ends at sharooq
there only 5 daily prayers.

from sharooq to Dhuhr, there is another prayer, which is Sunnah, Ad-dhuha salah. Prophet alaihis salatus salam used to pray it. even if he alaihis salatus salam had missed his Witr prayer, he used to make it up with dhuha prayer at dhuha time.

hope you've got your answer.
wa-llahu ta'la alim

wassalamu alaikum

So, my first prayer of the day is accepted between Fajr and Shorook?

alf2

Islam is a way of life
:salam2:It is shoorook dear brother and sister with a damma above the sh.Also try to say dh which is pronounced like an English "The"for Dhuhr.It is not really important am aware,but just just in case the information might be of interest for you,Inshallah. Allah maakoum(May Allah be with you).

Correct Arabic Pronunciation is always of importance...Jazakallah :)

saifkhan

abd-Allah

:salam2:
JazakAllah khair

yeah, I forgot this, as usually we don't use these words, so I miss pronounced it. i just could remember that, it ends with Qaf, so I put Q
anyways

:wasalam:

saifkhan

abd-Allah
So, my first prayer of the day is accepted between Fajr and Shorook?

yes, insha Allah
because the fajr starts from subh sadik(white thread between day and night) to shurooq(when the sun starts to rising up)

wassalam

asalaf salih

Shorouq

The religious explanation of shorouq is the beginning time of al qaraha" the time you re not allowed to pray till Adoha. There are two al qaraha times the time between al asr and al maghreb. and between al fajr and adoha.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alaikum
ALhumdulilah most people explained it well, i just found this online thought i share this then try to explain it in my own words

Shurooq time is listed on most prayer charts which can be confusing to some new Muslims. It can be especially confusing to those who don't have other Muslims around to teach them. It's a common mistake of new Muslims to pray at the time of shurooq thinking that it is time for one of the prayers.

But shurooq is not a prayer time. Shurooq is actually the time of sunrise, the time when the upper limb of the sun just starts to appear above the horizon. This marks the end time for fajr/morning prayers. If you have not prayed fajr prayer before the time of shurooq then you have lost the reward of praying fajr on time.

This doesn't mean not to pray the morning prayer if you oversleep until shurooq time! You just wait until the sun rises some more and then pray the morning prayer (2 rakats). And Allah knows better than us.

haakym

love
even if he alaihis salatus salam had missed his Witr prayer, he used to make it up with dhuha prayer at dhuha time.

wassalamu alaikum

If the witr was missed he salAllahu aleyhi wassalaam, I believe, would pray two rakat instead of one when making it up? Wallahu 'alam

az101

http://www.miraathpublications.net/
The reward for praying Sharook is really BIG

One HAJJ and one UMRAH !!

Make sure ot pray sharook 10 min after its orignal time. this is the correct method

e.g if one the watch it says shrook is at 7:05

u pray it 7:15