Falcon of Spain: Abdur Rahmaan I

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
Falcon of Spain: Abdur Rahmaan I

Name: Abdur Rahman I. Born: 731CE in Damascus, Syria. Died: 788 in Cordova, Spain.
Abdur Rahman I was emir of Muslim Spain (Andalus) from 756 to 788. He was the son of the Umayyad prince Muawiya and a Berber lady and a grandson of Hisham, the 10th Umayyad Caliph. In 750 he was one of the few members of his family to escape slaughter by the Abbasids who overthrew the Umayyad Caliphs. He fled, travelling across North Africa for 5 years, finally gaining refuge among his mother's tribe, the Berbers of Morocco. In 755, Abdur Rahman landed in Spain and was accepted as chief by the Syrian immigrants, loyal to his family. After defeating the governor he entered the capital, Cordova, and was proclaimed emir.
He became known as the Falcon of Andalus and founded a Muslim dynasty that ruled Spain for 3 centuries. He was skilled in poetry and the military arts. He subdued many rebellions. He perfected the administration, built roads, aqueducts, and the famous Musjid called the Mezquita de Cordova. Jews and Christians were allowed to retain and practice their faiths. 80% of Andalus converted to Islam. In his rule and after Muslims introduced the sugar-cane, cotton, rice, and fruits such as peaches and oranges. It was through them that the arts of making paper and glass passed into Europe. The potteries of Malaga, the cloth of Murcia, the silk of Almeria and Granada and the weapons of Toledo, were world-renowned.
Some say Abdur Rahman is buried under the Musjid he began, the Mezquita de Cordova.
http://islamicfocusarticles.blogspot.com/2008/05/falcon-of-spain-abdur-rahmaan-i.html
g

Amir_of_spain

He was a legend, being born into a famous dynasty that rule 1/2 of the world, he lost his princely status and fled into exile, only to regain it in Spain and to make it glorius as his ancestral homeland in Syria.

Abdulrahman the first ordered the building of the meqzuita (the great mosque of Cordobra) and his inspiration was the great mosque of Damascus (capital of the Ummah at that time, his previous homeland). If you compare the 2 you will find many stiking similarities.

The muslims were 100 miles away from Paris. They were stopped there because the soldiers mind's were too busy on losing the huge spoils of booty gain through Spain and southern France. The arab armies were defeated/stopped and they never sent another army, their objective to spread the deen to establish it firmly in the rest of Europe was abandoned, if they did then history would have been very different as a european historian said at that time

Gibbon famously observed:
“ A victorious line of march had been prolonged above a thousand miles from the rock of Gibraltar to the banks of the Loire; the repetition of an equal space would have carried the Saracens to the confines of Poland and the Highlands of Scotland; the Rhine is not more impassable than the Nile or Euphrates, and the Arabian fleet might have sailed without a naval combat into the mouth of the Thames. Perhaps the interpretation of the Koran would now be taught in the schools of Oxford, and her pulpits might demonstrate to a circumcised people the sanctity and truth of the revelation of Mahomet.[38]