Family do not want to accept the daughter converted to Islam

I.Iman

This is something I need help with, how does the Quran and Sunnah speaks about this matter?

A daughter in a non muslim family converted and are now facing difficulties with her family. She is grown up and have children from before. Her contact with the family used to be good, but now they will not accept her as a muslim and teaching Islam to her children. How should she face this?

This is a very sensitive matter and she is feeling very sad, especially for the children, they used to have much contact with their grandparents. Because they cannot accept Islam she does not want her parents to take care of the children anymore like they used to do sometimes by visiting them.

esperanza

revert of many years
This is something I need help with, how does the Quran and Sunnah speaks about this matter?

A daughter in a non muslim family converted and are now facing difficulties with her family. She is grown up and have children from before. Her contact with the family used to be good, but now they will not accept her as a muslim and teaching Islam to her children. How should she face this?

This is a very sensitive matter and she is feeling very sad, especially for the children, they used to have much contact with their grandparents. Because they cannot accept Islam she does not want her parents to take care of the children anymore like they used to do sometimes by visiting them.

dear sister..i think if this sister is already has children of her own,then she is able to make her own decisions,,,and her parents must accept this

there is no reason to stop contact wiht grandparents unless they talk against islam.....my sons have always had contact wiht my mother and she respets they are muslims

its not an easy situaiotn but inshalla it willbecome easeir

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Do the parents do anything negative? Like try to teach the kids that Islam is not the truth?

I.Iman

Both her mother and father dislike Islam and do not want the children to become muslims. They cannot respect they do not celebrate christmas and birthdays for ex. Her father also is very happy in alcohol and he does not want to understand she wants nothing tovdo with this. Her mother thinks there is no need for a specific religion. So, yes thats what they are bringing to the children.

Hatty

I pray for the sister to find a way to overcome this test and inshallah she will pass. ameen....

I do think that the best thing is to talk rationally with her parents and try to approach this from an intellectual point of view. The parents say that the children should not follow any specific religion. Whereas the parents themselves are following the non-religion religion. The religion where the person becomes a god and start making up his/her own halal and haram etc.

I am sure her parents would have been more than fine if their daughter embraced Buddhism. If yes, the the parents claim to encourage their children to freely chose the life style they like. If that is so, then she freely decided to become a Muslim. Here comes the honesty test - They will tell she can chose any religion except Islam. The parents are exposed as hypocrites and they use double standards. They do not stick to their principles and values.

This could be a good starting point to talk to them and see how it goes.

Allah knows best...