FAQs: Does the U.S. Torture People

JenGiove

Assalaam walaikum,

Thank you. Now, that it is evident by your consensus back to topic. Torture exists in the US.
The question becomes what do we do about it. Do we support those who oppress by our silence; do we mobilize and fight or most importantly how do we do this the if we were the Sahaba.

Isn't that really more important than quibbling about who tortures best. Torture is wrong. I only know it is not in our faith.

:salam2:

I never denigned the existance of torture done by the US...what I am trying to point out is that there seems to be an uneven hatred being presented. "Torture", its very existence, should be sought out, exposed, and fought against. The unfortunate thing is that in this forum, the existance of torture done by countries that claim to follow Sharia is hidden. I wanted to know why. Is it related to hiding the sins of your brothers or should it be that the hadith regarding oppression:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Narrated Anas: Allah's Apostle said, "Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one. People asked, "O Allah's Apostle! It is all right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?" The Prophet said, "By preventing him from oppressing others." Sahih Bukhari: Volume 3, Book 43, Number 624.

So how is ignoring the sins that a country that follows Sharia (or claims to) or a country that is largely Muslim benefiting them? It isn't. So why isn't that being discussed as openly as the sins of the US? The US isn't going to listen to anyone but their own buttheads that are elected into office but Muslims CAN do something about the countries who would listen to the words of the Prophet and Allah.

If you want to stop the torture and pain and sins of the world, start where people are most likely going to listen.
[/FONT]

JenGiove

:wasalam:

they not only export it to other countries to carry it out but also do it at home, calling it "aggressive interrogation" techniques, a torture manual that Bush himself condoned on tv.

While I may have my doubts about technics like hands over hot flames or wiping, teeth pulling, bed of nails kind of torture, I have little doubt about things like water boarding, humiliation based on the culture/religious beliefs of that person (since it wouldn't be torture if a person wasn't effected by being naked or hearing rap music, etc). I can certainly see that physical stuff going on in places like communist China or India or even Pakistan or Iran. You torture with what you've got so if the only thing at hand is a stick and a rock...you make due. Here in the states, we have a few more options so the torture is a little more inventive and scientific.

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com

EXACTLY! Thank you! Torture is torture...so why is it that the US atrocities are the only ones ever talked about? What makes the US torture so special?

because they stand out more, they are more aggressive and active in it, and they aim it exclusively at Muslims in their war on Islam despite their lies of "war on terror". Let's just face it, you'll talk a lot more to others about me slapping you then your family member.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

That is easy to answer. The reason that the United States is held as the poster child for torture is simple. The United States in the need of its lust of total hegemony has twisted the world politic. And this does not mean the people who inhabit the States. Those evil ones who are hidden and plotting and planning train and import torture. That is why.

That by no means excuses nations that have a majority Muslim population whose rulers/leasers oppress their peoples. Those who support evil, in whatever form, if they are Muslim have a punishment that will be severe. They need to stop.

JenGiove

because they stand out more, they are more aggressive and active in it, and they aim it exclusively at Muslims in their war on Islam despite their lies of "war on terror". Let's just face it, you'll talk a lot more to others about me slapping you then your family member.

ROTFL! HEHE! Ok, you've got me there about the fact that we're more vocal about being attached on our own home soil. Its not an everyday atrocity for us so we have no way to emotionally deal with it except to go on the offensive. Like a child who gets upset and has a tantrum because they have no other means of handling the stress....but...

and this is my own personal opinion.....

I don't think its a war on Islam....

I think its a war on people who abuse Islam and use it as a shield to justify acts that even Islam deems atrocious.

Yes, we are at war with Muslim countries...but...

the view of the US (the CURRENT US..I'll not talk about the Bush era) is that we are at war with countries who happen to be Muslim countries. They are still countries and countries can't hide behind religion to prevent being attacked. I'm sorry.

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com

and this is my own personal opinion.....

I don't think its a war on Islam....

I think its a war on people who abuse Islam and use it as a shield to justify acts that even Islam deems atrocious.

Yes, we are at war with Muslim countries...but...

the view of the US (the CURRENT US..I'll not talk about the Bush era) is that we are at war with countries who happen to be Muslim countries. They are still countries and countries can't hide behind religion to prevent being attacked. I'm sorry.

there i think you are wrong. It is a war on Islam, one that has been on going since 1924 when the west together attacked the ottoman khalifah and has it abolished by one of their agents, jewish kemal attaturk. They then vowed to never let Muslims rise to power. All these wars for the past decades have been against Muslims to keep them from advancing in technology and uniting. Saddam was attacked with lies because it was the strongest arab nation that stopped listening to US, somalia was attacked proxy Ethiopia because they showed islamic courts were working, and same goes for others.

I suggest visiting this thread...

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=524573#post524573

and this one

http://forum.netmuslims.com/showthr...-Extremism-amp-Islamophobia&p=61844#post61844

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Congress did not declare war.

There is no evidence that Muslims ever did anything to the US. Not any whatsoever.

Terror has been throw upon Muslims for a war in the interest of money.

And forgive me JenGiove, I will not have anyone who is not Muslim tell me what a Muslim did or did not do. No, not any more.

I will not have doubts cast upon my brothers and sisters. You see..it is simple. I have to face Allah suhana wa tala one day.

JenGiove

Brother islamirama, I don't have the time just yet to look at the history that you spoke of but hopefully I will later (its nearing my son's bedtime and preparations are starting). I had a quick thought though. During WW2, when the US was at war with Japan, the US deemed it necessary to jail up in internment camps all Japanese Americans simple because of their race. It didn't matter that they were not involved in the war. It was outright fear. During the Koren war we had McCarthyism where the simplest accusation branded you a traitor...all out of fear of a system of beliefs. But that's not happening today with Muslim Americans. There are no camps. Yeah, the individuals that live in America can be idiots and ignorant and do and say some horrible things. I have another native friend, a sister of sorts, who has a wonderful relationship with a Muslim family in her area.

Like I said, I think this is a war against countries who happen to be Muslim because they are shielding individuals who abuse Islam and distort it to their own needs. I won't call those people Muslims because that is insulting to Islam but THEY call themselves Muslims and THEY feel that they are in their hearts. While Allah is the only one who can really make that call, this is what they themselves call themselves so that is what the US calls them.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Does the US torture people? They did at least in Iraq...

Ex Abu Ghraib prisoner now my good friend, shared his story sometime last year. He was studying in Baghdad when US and its allies invaded Iraq. He was captured together with so called other "terrorists" and jailed in Abu Ghraib, a prison that need no introduction. He told how he and others were tortured by US soldiers... physically including sexually.. the most disgusting thing was .. I think worst than physical torture not even animal will ever do.... the US soldiers will urine before the food is served and force them to eat... he refused and did not eat for few days.. he became weaker and weaker and finally doctor was called in. The doctor convinced him to take something or he will die... so he eat part of bread which not tainted by urines, which was very small piece... sometime he has to swallow part of food with the soldiers saliva... alhamdulillah our govt pursued with US and finally he was released and deported back home. Time to time, I hear that he will undergoe treatment or physio for pain he sustained during US soldiers beating in Abu Gharib.

I don't know whether these soldiers are catholics or protestant or what branch of christians, but the question here is "does US torture people?" Then my answer is yes.

adamsmith

I think its now fairly documented that torture has gone on under US jurisdiction, whether it was sanctioned or not. Camp X Ray and Abu Ghraib being prime examples. It is also fairly common knowledge of blacksites that the US have in Eastern Europe and Northern Africa, where things surely may have occurred behind closed doors.

rahman2040

Assalam

watch History

[yt]j8o58nlzDwQ[/yt]
[yt]I4jd5yBHIDc[/yt]
[yt]71VHeAfWRw8[/yt]
[yt]7WXeXTs2WoI[/yt]
[yt]VySnrYxOCVg[/yt]
[yt]uHAd8jbeFm0[/yt]

Jen77

Assalamu alaikum,

Thank you brother rahman2040 for posting the videos. I was aware of the Free Masons but not aware of how deep they go. It is very ironic, and makes me very nervous to know that the week I chose Islam my ex-husband became a Free Mason. If there is any truth to this then it is very disturbing indeed.

I apologize for going off the topic of torture.

rahman2040

Assalam

15 - Signs of the last days - The proof that Islam is true # 15

Shaikh Abdur Raheem Green - YouTube
[yt]AEhp91hGdJU[/yt]

Allah knows best

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother, Insha'Allah I will view each one and visit the sites. May Allah reward you for helping me.