fasting for the first time ?

tarannumsamir

salaam

Asalamu Alakium
I converted to Islam about two weeks ago and I will be Fasting but I am nervous because I work all day and I have a three year old daughter whom I will need to cook dinner for when we get home but maybe that will help me because the smell might make me feel full until I can eat. I know that this will be good for me and make me appreciate what I do have.

walekom as salaam wa rehmatullah wa barakatuhu,RAMADAAN KAREEM.
alhamdulillah ! congratulations dear sister,welcome to the religion of peace.:ma:
allahu akbar !
please dont feel nervous,allah is great,allah is rahim, allah is kareem.
lots and lots of dua to u dear sister.
we are all sisters in islam for the sake of allah the almighty:hearts:
may allah swt bless with the best of ajar,ameen:tti_sister:

tarannumsamir

salaam.

It'll be my first Ramadaan as well sis. Inshallah it goes well for both of us and everyone else!

Ameen to your duaa.

Aaliyah :)

as salaamualaikom wa rehmatullah wa barakatuhu,RAMADAAN KAREEM.
sister aaliya,alhamdulillah ! congratulations.:hijabi:
MAY ALLAH SWT BLESS ALLA OF US WITH THE CHOICEST BLESSINGS BY THE GRACE OF THIS BLESSED MONTH,AMEEN.

sarahdabboussi

salam truth seeker,just wanna tell you that fasting ramadan is as much a compulsory form of worship as praying.... so you better think twice

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
Wa'alaikum salaam,

I have fasted before but this is my first Ramadhan, we all need to be making du'a for each other.
May Allah (SWT) help us to leave all our errors behind and benefit during this blessed month, ameen.

Salaam.

tarannumsamir

salaam.

:) Jazzakallah khair for such a nice welcome :) I hope we will unite during this blessing time of Ramadan :) Salam alykoum!

as salaamualaikom wa rehmatullah wa barakatuhu.
ameen to all ur duas sister joanna-aisha.
yes we all need to unite as a whole ummah,inshallah that is most important.:shake:
let us come together and pray to almighty allah that all our sins be forgiven and we all be blessed with the choicest blessings,ameen.:tti_sister:
:hijabi:

Nayla

Assalamu'alaikum Brothers & Sisters,

I was born muslimah, alhamdulillah. And I started to fast I in ramadhan for the first time when I was 6 years old, alhamdulillah. But such a phenomenon is very normal here in my country. Starting to fast in ramadhan since 6 - 7 years old is not something extraordinary. Many children here do that. My youngest nephew did that last year, and only missed 1 day of the 30 days fasting. He went to school and did everything as usual.

It's Alloh swt who created us. As the creator, Alloh swt knows best the tiny winny details of our body. Alloh will not command us to fast if fasting would do any harm.

My du'a for every new muslim & muslimah who will be enjoying the first ramadhan this year.

Wassalamu'alaikum,
Your sister from Indonesia

tarannumsamir

as salaamualaikom wa rehmatullah wa barakatuhu,
alhamdulillah ! sister nayla,very nice to hear from u.
ameen to all ur duas,may allah bless

ahmad al magtani

Kulo Nuwun
assalamualaikum,
I tell you guys the hard thing is not holding your desire to eat and drink, but to hold your bad temper and your bad desire..., I mean dont waste ramadhan by getting only thirsty and hunger. For beginner(hehe..he..he),success....

boymuh

Hajj please..
i dont know if im going to fast or not......i just converted a little over a month ago but the thing is that i do a lot of sports......if i fast i will lose all that hard earned muscle i have spent months in the gym trying to get.......i have no idea what to do......idk i think ill do it next year

So, it's your first time?!
Than..
Just do it!
And learn by doing.

iamjannah

Wa alikom salam :hearts:

This is my firts ramadan :) I have recently converted to Islam :tti_sister:

I wish toi know more things about ramadan too aswell as any other stuff :muslim_child:

zulfikar

I wish toi know more things about ramadan too aswell as any other stuff :muslim_child:

when we got thirsty and hungry, we will feel hopeless, but we keep our struggle for fasting. and then we will realize that our soul need an attention and carying too. not just our dunyaa.

tarannumsamir

salaam.

alhamdulillah ! congratulations on being a new muslim:ma:
inshallah everyone on tti will try and help u know more about islam and as u mentioned ramadaan.:hearts:
inshallah let us pray to the almighty allah,that we all be blessed with the choicest blessings in this world also and the hereafter also,ameen.:tti_sister:

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
:salam2:

Remember to eat the Suhoor (meal before Fajr) insh'Allah it will help u during the day!

Al Bukhari (The Book of Fasting) No. 1808

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

The Prophet :saw: said, "Take suhur as there is a blessing in it."

blackivy393

i had fasted once before when i was lik 16 wit my friend but i guess this will be my 1st real time, now that i am serious about islam

tarannumsamir

salaam.

i had fasted once before when i was lik 16 wit my friend but i guess this will be my 1st real time, now that i am serious about islam

RAMADAAN KAREEM !
alhamdulillah !:ma:
lots and lots of duas to u sister,since this is ur first ramadaan.
allah is great,indeed

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
My tributes to sister tarannumsamir for starting this great thread.

I am so glad to see so many new reverts having their first Ramadan !!!
May Allah's mercy be always with you. Ramadan is such a blessed month, Allah increase the reward of every good deed many fold. Some have compared it like a blank cheque, fill the amount by doing good deeds.

The first few days are somewhat inconvinient but the rest of the days go easy. Since you will not be eating any thing you will have something like a bad breath. So what I do is that I rinse my mouth several times during the day. But remember you cannot use any mouthwash or anything, only plain water, just like you do it during wudu.

Remember to take your suhoor (pre-dawn meal) this will help you during the day. Some one has expressed concern about muscle loss... So far I haven't heard anyone having muscle loss due to fasting. So do not worry about this issue my dear brothers and sisters, you will see yourself.

SubhanAllah... Alhamdulillah... MashaAllah... Sister blackiv393 !!! I am impressed that you are serious about Islam. Welcome sister ... Welcome ! :ma:

:wasalam: