fasting for the first time ?

tarannumsamir

salaam.

:salam2:
My tributes to sister tarannumsamir for starting this great thread.

I am so glad to see so many new reverts having their first Ramadan !!!
May Allah's mercy be always with you. Ramadan is such a blessed month, Allah increase the reward of every good deed many fold. Some have compared it like a blank cheque, fill the amount by doing good deeds.

The first few days are somewhat inconvinient but the rest of the days go easy. Since you will not be eating any thing you will have something like a bad breath. So what I do is that I rinse my mouth several times during the day. But remember you cannot use any mouthwash or anything, only plain water, just like you do it during wudu.

Remember to take your suhoor (pre-dawn meal) this will help you during the day. Some one has expressed concern about muscle loss... So far I haven't heard anyone having muscle loss due to fasting. So do not worry about this issue my dear brothers and sisters, you will see yourself.

SubhanAllah... Alhamdulillah... MashaAllah... Sister blackiv393 !!! I am impressed that you are serious about Islam. Welcome sister ... Welcome ! :ma:

:wasalam:

:wasalam: RAMADAAN KAREEM.
and jazakallah khairan for the response,alhamdulillah ! :ma:
ameen to alla ur duas.:hijabi:
we alla are in need of duas.
may allah swt bless all of us with the choicest blessings,ameen.:tti_sister:
all my dear sisters,specially who are new muslims mashallah,lots and lots of good wishes and duas to all u there.

tarannumsamir

RAMADAAN KAREEM.

:wasalam: RAMADAAN KAREEM.
and jazakallah khairan for the response,alhamdulillah ! :ma:
ameen to alla ur duas.:hijabi:
we alla are in need of duas.
may allah swt bless all of us with the choicest blessings,ameen.:tti_sister:
all my dear sisters,specially who are new muslims mashallah,lots and lots of good wishes and duas to all u there.

"RAMADAAN KAREEM"
lots and lots of dua to all my new muslim sisters who will be fasting for the first time this ramadaan,inshallah.:shake:
may allah bless:hijabi::SMILY34::SMILY34::SMILY34:
:jumpclap::jumpclap:

Mairo

Maryama
i had fasted once before when i was lik 16 wit my friend but i guess this will be my 1st real time, now that i am serious about islam

Dear sister, I just wanted to follow up with you and was just wondering if you have taken your shahada yet? To remind you in case you forgot, the testimony is to say:

-Ashahadu ala ilaha ila Allah (I testify that there is no God but god)

-Ashahadu anan Muhammadan, may the peace and blessings of Allah rest on him forever, rasulAllah
(and I testify that Muhammad, salla aleyhi wa salaam, is the [final] messenger of God)

Best wishes to you on your continued path, and remember that to Allah, the Ultimate Judge of all Creation, is the eventual coming. May the true believers all find mercy and forgiveness with the Most Beneficient, Most High God. Amin

Best wishes to you from your sister in Islam, Maryama