fasting for the first time ?

tarannumsamir

:salam2:
i want to know who all sisters are fasting for the first time inshallah in the month of ramadaan.:ma:
as there are many new muslims on tti,alhamdulillah.i would be glad to to wish them :hearts:
inshallah we will all experience how blessed the month of ramadaan is,indeed it is the most blessed of all the months.:hijabi:
fasting only for allah is a way of expressing our faith in the almighty allah.
so please all u new muslims who will fast for the first time do writhe back to me,inshallah.:hijabi:
:SMILY206::SMILY206:

TruthSeeker17

fasting issues

i dont know if im going to fast or not......i just converted a little over a month ago but the thing is that i do a lot of sports......if i fast i will lose all that hard earned muscle i have spent months in the gym trying to get.......i have no idea what to do......idk i think ill do it next year

tarannumsamir

salaam

i dont know if im going to fast or not......i just converted a little over a month ago but the thing is that i do a lot of sports......if i fast i will lose all that hard earned muscle i have spent months in the gym trying to get.......i have no idea what to do......idk i think ill do it next year

my brother also does gym,and alhamdulillah he has not lost his muscles just by fasting for a month.
THE BOOK OF FAITH ;

Hadeeth No. 7 - Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

Allah's Apostle said: Islam is based on (the following) five (principles):

1. To testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and Muhammad is Allah's Apostle.

2. To offer the (compulsory congregational) prayers dutifully and perfectly.

3. To pay Zakat (i.e. obligatory charity) .

4. To perform Hajj. (i.e. Pilgrimage to Mecca)

5. To observe fast during the month of Ramadan.

FASTING IS ONE OF THE FIVE PILLARS OF ISLAM.
INSHALLAH I DO MAKE DUA FOR U.

Almeftah

FASTING IS ONE OF THE FIVE PILLARS OF FAITH.
INSHALLAH I DO MAKE DUA FOR U.

Correction..

Fasting is one of Five pillars of Islam NOT a pillar of faith..

The pillars of faith are to have faith in:

1. Allah SAW.
2. His angels.
3. His books.
4. His messengers.
5. The day of judgement.
6. And fait or destiny (Qadar), good and bad.

Jazakomu Allah Khair.

tarannumsamir

jazakallah khairan sister bomeshery for making the correction.
may allah forgive my mis quotation.
as salaamualaikom wa rehmatullah wa barakatuhu.

q8penpals

Assalam aliekum

Here is my thoughts for the new Muslims fasting for the first time - the first 3 days are the hardest; after that, it really isn't that hard. Your body adapts, your mind adapts, and, if you are like most people that I know personally, it is not so much the food that you will miss, it is the habit of eating.

But seriously, the first day will seem like it is 37 hours long of fasting, but it does get easier. By the middle of Ramadan, I am always thinking "gee, I must really eat too much most of the time if I am doing fine now not eating all day" - which of course is true, otherwise I wouldn't need to go to the gym do much! LOL!

Anyway, good luck to all, less than 2 weeks to go. Kuwait is anticipating Sept 1 as the first day, but of course will call it the night before if the moon is sighted (well, depending on if they are happy with Saudi right now - a couple years ago, Kuwait and Saudi had different Ramadans by 2 days because Saudi made some arrogant comment about Saudi being a better and "correct" Islamic country and Kuwait was bullheaded about listening to them! Argh!)

:)

Lana

tarannumsamir

I'm a brother ..:)
sorry brother bomeshary.

sister lana jazakallah khairan,nice to here from u.
yes the first day is a bit hard but we adapt it later on.:ma:

my personal experience ; the less i eat for suhur, the better my fast is,alhamdulillah.:hijabi:

i have plenty of water intake at suhur as well as at the time of iftar.:)

norlilahrahmat

Fasting will do u no harm,Insya Allah. My 9 year old daughter said she want to fast full month of Ramadan this year. Before this she fast on and off and sometime she fast half day. This is ok because she is still under my training. I hope this will give you some encouragement to fast this Ramadan. Ramadan is Special Month whereby in this month has The Night of Lyallatu Qadar.

(May be someone can explain in detail about this Special Night.) :tti_sister: my duas for u sister to start fast this Ramadan Aameen

ws

leylamuslimah

Salaams sisters and brothers,
Inshallah i will fast this Ramadhan, though i have not converted yet i will be converting at the beginning of Ramadhan Inshallah, im anxious about the whole thing that is converting then fasting but Inshallah i will be fine, its all in the mind.
please remember me in ur prayers.
Thanks

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Dear Sister why wait till Ramadan? Why not now, think this way, the shahadah makes Allah happy and you too and who knows what gonna happen in the future. So, when you can make your lord happy right now why wait untill Ramadan.
You do not need to go to mosque or have witnesses for your shahadah, just let God be your witness make it known to him. Say it now if you already have it in your heart.
May Allah bless you sister. :SMILY139:
Salaams sisters and brothers,
Inshallah i will fast this Ramadhan, though i have not converted yet i will be converting at the beginning of Ramadhan Inshallah, im anxious about the whole thing that is converting then fasting but Inshallah i will be fine, its all in the mind.
please remember me in ur prayers.
Thanks

iman87

salam alaikum brothers and sisters
i became muslim almost 5 months ago and i will be fasting this ramadan inshallah. I am excited yet at the same time a bit nervous because of how used to eating i am. It puts my mind at ease when i hear that only the first few days are hard and then you begin to adapt and it becomes less difficult to go without food the entire day.

q8penpals

salam alaikum brothers and sisters
i became muslim almost 5 months ago and i will be fasting this ramadan inshallah. I am excited yet at the same time a bit nervous because of how used to eating i am. It puts my mind at ease when i hear that only the first few days are hard and then you begin to adapt and it becomes less difficult to go without food the entire day.

Assalam aliekum

Yes, seriously day 1 seems endless and horrible and you think you will starve to death, day 2 bad but not as bad as day 1, day 3 you will be less irritable and think about food less, and by day 4 & beyond it seems like it is becoming a habit. You will most likely notice though, that towards the last 4 or so hours each day, your breath tends to get quite nasty, so if you have interviews or people you need to talk to for work, try to do it earlier in the day!

I always find that the food isn't the problem, but as a teacher (who is talking about 5 hours a day), not having WATER is the worst thing!

Lana

tarannumsamir

as salaamualaikom wa rehamtullah wa barakatuhu,
mashallah ! all brothers and sisters out there who will inshallah fast for the first time this ramadaan,dont worry at all.just put ur trust in allah swt,and see how allah will make it easy,inshallah.
JUST MAKE THE INTENTION AND PUT UR FAITH IN ALLAH THE ALMIGHTY.
allah is great,indeed.
this hadeeth gives the beauty of ramadaan.
Hadeeth No. 1784 - Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "When Ramadan begins, the gates of Paradise are opened."

Hadeeth No. 1785 - Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "When the month of Ramadan starts, the gates of the heaven are opened and the gates of Hell are closed and the devils are chained."

sahih al bukahri.

tarannumsamir

as salaamualaikom wa rehmatullah wa barakatuhu,
alhamdulillah ! so many new muslims coming up,inshallah allah will make it easy for alla my sisters who will fast for the first time this ramadaan.
lots and lots of dua to all of u.

Joanna-Aisha

:salam2::tti_sister:

I was fasting last year, but not as a Muslimah...It was a kind of experiment that worked out...Elhamdolellah. Allahu Akbar!

This year I'm fasting as a Muslimah and I'm more aware of this, and that's why I'm more scared....and I feel that I need this Islamic atmosphere which we don't have here in Poland.Elhamdolellah I know some Muslim Sisters so we will pray and invite one another inshaAllah, but it's not the same, as you probably know....

I hope I'll go through Ramadan as good as I can inshaAllah.

I wish that to all Sisters and Brothers, especially reverts, but to let's call you "Born-Muslims" as well (however I know all of us were born as Muslims) :hijabi:

Take care and May Allah(swt) put lots of sabr and energy. Ameen.:hearts:

:salam2::muslim_child:

Brendalaa

Asalamu Alakium
I converted to Islam about two weeks ago and I will be Fasting but I am nervous because I work all day and I have a three year old daughter whom I will need to cook dinner for when we get home but maybe that will help me because the smell might make me feel full until I can eat. I know that this will be good for me and make me appreciate what I do have.

tarannumsamir

SALAAM

I was fasting last year, but not as a Muslimah...It was a kind of experiment that worked out...Elhamdolellah. Allahu Akbar!

This year I'm fasting as a Muslimah and I'm more aware of this, and that's why I'm more scared....and I feel that I need this Islamic atmosphere which we don't have here in Poland.Elhamdolellah I know some Muslim Sisters so we will pray and invite one another inshaAllah, but it's not the same, as you probably know....

I wish that to all Sisters and Brothers, especially reverts, but to let's call you "Born-Muslims" as well (however I know all of us were born as Muslims) :hijabi:

:salam2:RAMADAAN KAREEM.
sister,alhamdulillah ! :ma:
congratulations and welcome to the religion of peace.may allah bless.
we are all sisters in islam for the sake of allah the almighty.:hearts:
am so very glad to meet u,mashallah.:shake:
lease dont get scared at all,allah is great,remember ramadaan is the most blessed month of all.and fasting is only for allah.
MAY ALLAH SWT BLESS ALL OF US WITH THE BEST OF AJAR,AMEEN:tti_sister:

curious89

It'll be my first Ramadaan as well sis. Inshallah it goes well for both of us and everyone else!

Ameen to your duaa.

Aaliyah :)