feeling fed up

hana*

:salam2:

i hope that everyone is doing well both in eeman and health. im getting to the stage where i wish to live in a muslim country, although i have lived in the U.K all my life, i feel sometimes that it can be a struggle living here when everything is opposed to the natural aqeedah. everywhere you look and go its either about alcohol, sex, smoking or drugs. sometimes at work it can be difficult for me to do the salah because their is either no proper place for me to do wudu or no place to pray, i dont want to compromise my eeman. i know its not amazing in muslim countries either and that theres good and bad everywhere, but at least the majority of people are the same as you.

its such a jihaad here and can be pretty lonesome at times... i guess i have Allah and the Quran

Hana Askar

Asalaamu Alykum Sister

Same situation here. I was born and raised in a Muslim country until the age of 12 and that’s when i moved to UK. Where i used to live there used to be like around 3-4 local mosques near ur house. There is no way you cannot hear the Adaan. I miss having a Deen subject at school, where you learn about the Deen, Quran and the life of Prophet Mohammed peace be upon Him. When it was noon prayer the whole school used to pray in Jama’aa. When i moved to UK and although i was 12, i was very shocked by everything. The topics young girls talk about, Islam being attacked by the media and the struggle just to perform simple things such as praying and wudu.

True sister its a Jihad living in a non-muslim country.

abulzan07

I sometime feel the same cos i came from islamic enviornment in india wer thr was 3 mosques in three direction to my home but Allahamdullilah my deen has gone so strong since i came here and i understand and realise the importance of my religion and how imp role it play when you are living in unislamic country were you are surrounded by sex drugs rock n roll and even the things people talks you cant participate in that illicit and vulgar discussion

But Allahamdullilah i havnt compromise yet with my religion i work pray 3 times a day at work now got special room and get an hour break fr jumah and i try my best to give as much dawah as i can give to my team members but they respect my religion and luv the way i am and sometime i realise that Allah sent me here to call these people to the deen of Allah and show them truth......Allahamdullilah sumaAllahamdullilah i practise my religion much better than back home and i think its somehow depend on person if he wanna pray he wil find the way as many of my frnds make excuse tht how can we pray at work but if you explain things to employer they wil never stop you frm practising your religion at work

abulzan07

No doubt its jihad here to follow your deen ..... I know so many revert brothers and sister in my area when i see thr position sometime it break my heart that how much they are goin thru for their religion and some how make me feel that i should learn from them......I see my frnd his everyday is jihad at home with non muslim family and sometime he say i feel like living in hotel just eat drink and sleep thr is nothin like life and i wanna get out of this rat race and move to islamic country wer i can practice my religion and learn more bout it but we all knows things are not that easy for anyone specially when you got children and wife ...Another bro i knw he moved out of family to live in town sorrounded by muslims but now everyday he feel lonely no one to talk whole day on laptop and girls frm jahiliyah givin call inviting him to do bad things with them wallah its so difficult sometime tht he feel like givin up but somehow Allah keep help them ......may Allah make thr hardship easy and bless them with jannatul firdous they are the real people who giv up everything in this world fr sake of Allah and his deen

palestine

Servant of Allah
Asalamu alaikum - well, you don't speak only for yourself, most of us here are in that same boat with you. inshAllah, i do plan on moving to a muslim country as soon as i am able to. in the mean time though, i just keep myself occupied with those who love islam and who at least act upon it. i am going to see a different atmosphere in the summer inshaAllah cause i'll be going to somalia. i'm going there to visit uncles, aunts and uncles whom i've talked to but never seen. i came to this country (usa) at the age of nine, last time i saw my relatives was ten years ago. so yeah it can be pretty depressing living in a homeland that isn't yours, where you are not welcomed or you don't feel "at home", which is exactly what i feel. but first, i'm going to educate myself on my deen so that when i do go to another muslim country, i can help shape the communities there. just think of what you can do to help them and occupy yourself in your deen, attend as many islamic events as you can, so that you do not feel out of your mind all the time. take care, and trust in Allah, everything will be alright inshAllah. take care
wasalamu alaikum.

hana*

thanks abulzan07, i know what you mean, inshaAllah i havent compromised my faith, i do not make excuses for praying at work as i am in charge at work. im just saying that it can be very hard, especially with the job i am in and like manchesternick said, sometimes getting a 5 minute break is challenging. i do love telling all the people in work about this amazing deen, they are always happy to hear and ask so many questions, so yes, it is daawah everyday and a chance to change peoples perception of this deen.

i just think that this is no place to bring up the future generation of muslims as i see with my own eyes the fitnah around us. wallahu aalam

:wasalam:

The_truth

thanks abulzan07, i know what you mean, inshaAllah i havent compromised my faith, i do not make excuses for praying at work as i am in charge at work. im just saying that it can be very hard, especially with the job i am in and like manchesternick said, sometimes getting a 5 minute break is challenging. i do love telling all the people in work about this amazing deen, they are always happy to hear and ask so many questions, so yes, it is daawah everyday and a chance to change peoples perception of this deen.

i just think that this is no place to bring up the future generation of muslims as i see with my own eyes the fitnah around us. wallahu aalam

:wasalam:

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, trust me my sister practising deen here in the UK is becoming easier than most Muslim countrys nowadays.

This is a big test for us so and if we refrain from the evil all around us and go towards Allah then we will be rewarded greatly inshallah!

We should surround ourselves with good practising Muslims so that we can keep our imaan topped up all of the time inshallah.

Here are some threads which may be very useful to you:

10 Steps to Increasing our Iman (Faith)

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47335

Forty Very Easy, Quick & Rewarding Good Deeds for all of us to do Everyday!

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61704

My Daily Ibadah(worship) Check

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63432

The Life Of This World And The Hereafter

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62896

Practising az-Zuhd in the Dunya

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62895

Overcoming tests from Allah

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61962

10 Steps to Maximising the First Ten Days of Dhul Hijjah

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47002

hana*

thank you bro/sis thetruth, im going to save the links on to my laptop. i wish there was more available for muslims in the uk, more lectures, groups for women etc i guess i have all of you here on tti as my big family :D

abulzan07

I totally agree with sister that worshipping and followin your deen sometime is better here compared to muslim countries or wer muslim have big population like india frm wer i come considering the fact that there are so called muslim countries who banned hijab in school or countries like dubai whch is worst den any western countries in current climate i would only say saudi arab and yemen is best option to move rest all is mess up.......Allahamdullilah my whole work revolve around my deen and i wil never compromise cos all of us ultimate destination is jannatul firdous and i know its not that cheap that i can have easy fun life here in this world and i wil get jannah in hereafter and i have to pay its price somehow ......Look how companion of prophet saw have given away everything for jannah and we cnt even go thru these small test inshAllah wil all end up in jannah fr forever the country nationality people nothing can stop us from worshipping Allah and speaking bout this beautiful deen specially to the people who dont knw this deen .......I used to pray at my previous work and they ask me hell lot of questions due to that and Allahamdullilah one guy give shahdaah at work my previous work place so m just trying to repeat tht again and i see the good in my frnd and his daily jihad for sake of Allah with family and society

DanyalSAC

Wa alaikum salaam -

At first I felt the same way - and at times I still do. I get tired of skimpily dressed women selling cheese burgers on TV, coworkers on either side of my desk who talk to each other over my head about their weekend of alcohol and sex, and basically just the whole American habit of glorifying the ghetto attitude (bad grammer, pants hanging off the thighs instead of hips, everyone wants to be a "babydaddy" and not a father/husband...)

But then I started to realize I'm one of the few here in the US. I am a Muslim convert. I am a member of our masjid's dawah committee. I feel that as a good example I can reach far more people here than if I were to leave the US and go to where everyone is just like me.

I remember a khutbah given during Ramadan. The shaykh was talking about a Muslim family he personally knew who sent their child to a public school. They were asked "Aren't you worried about your son being swayed into the Western way of thinking?" The parents just said "We have faith in Allah and in our son's deen". By the time that Muslim student graduated high school eighteen students had taken shahada because of the example set by this one boy (young man now)!

I am not sure if I can be as good a da'ee as this young man, but I think I would have a better chance staying here and trying.

Allahu alim!

D.

a_stranger

patience and prayer

Brothers and sisters who struggle for their faith ....InshaAllah your reward will be a high place in janna ......Allah swt knows about your sufferings , trust your Lord....This life is our test.
2:45 (Asad) And seek aid in steadfast patience and prayer: and this, indeed, is a hard thing for all but the humble in spirit,
2:46 (Asad) who know with certainty that they shall meet their Sustainer and that unto Him they shall return.

:salah::salah::salah::salah::salah::salah:

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
Salam!!!

Sis I Noe it's a hard struggle and Mayr I'm repeating words here but Allah swt will reward you greatly!!!

Look at the bright side... You see these people and their ways and then u see your ways and thank Allah for blessing you with Islam. For having these examples o strengthen your faith!!

Love you sis for the sake of Allah!

Allahuma lak alhamdu ala deen alislam!

Salam

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o aliakum sis,

i totally know how u feel i had those feelings too but last time when i visited to saudi arabia and Pakistan i was really shocked like i dont think my imaan went up although there are muslims everywhere, u still see people drinking smoking and other thing and muslims lose that brotherhood.
I think its best to move to a place where there is a good population of muslims

hana*

Wa alaikum salaam -

At first I felt the same way - and at times I still do. I get tired of skimpily dressed women selling cheese burgers on TV, coworkers on either side of my desk who talk to each other over my head about their weekend of alcohol and sex, and basically just the whole American habit of glorifying the ghetto attitude (bad grammer, pants hanging off the thighs instead of hips, everyone wants to be a "babydaddy" and not a father/husband...)

But then I started to realize I'm one of the few here in the US. I am a Muslim convert. I am a member of our masjid's dawah committee. I feel that as a good example I can reach far more people here than if I were to leave the US and go to where everyone is just like me.

I remember a khutbah given during Ramadan. The shaykh was talking about a Muslim family he personally knew who sent their child to a public school. They were asked "Aren't you worried about your son being swayed into the Western way of thinking?" The parents just said "We have faith in Allah and in our son's deen". By the time that Muslim student graduated high school eighteen students had taken shahada because of the example set by this one boy (young man now)!

I am not sure if I can be as good a da'ee as this young man, but I think I would have a better chance staying here and trying.

Allahu alim!

D.

thank you brother danyalsac, you are right its true, theres so much potential for telling people about islam, i wish i could just dedicate my time to telling non-muslims about islam. Allah is my witness, the only reason i did pharmacy was so that i can show society that i am an educated muslim hijabi woman, and im just as human as they are. i wish all the muslims were like that of the example you gave above, i just get a little down-heartened when i see many of us swaying in the wrong direction.

hana*

i wish i could leave the UK, what happened to peoples manners.

these days, everyone gets sworn at for no reason.

when i was in Bolton coming home from the prayer hall in Manchester when i first went to talk to them and was on my home with the glorious quran so i could read it, a girl accidently bumped into a man and she just turned round and sweared at him and using foul language in front of everyone. The guy was not impressed and told her to mind who shes talking to and watch her mouth, he did nothing wrong, i saw the whole thing, i went up to him and asked what was going on and he told me she just accidently bumped into him and she screamed and sworn at him, he said that he wouldnt mind if she stayed calm and said sorry, but she did that.

i hate people like that :/

im glad i dont live in england :D

everyone bumps into one another a million times at work and we all keep saying sorry a million times. you should try living in scotland, generally most people are very nice here

hana*

aslam o aliakum sis,

i totally know how u feel i had those feelings too but last time when i visited to saudi arabia and Pakistan i was really shocked like i dont think my imaan went up although there are muslims everywhere, u still see people drinking smoking and other thing and muslims lose that brotherhood.
I think its best to move to a place where there is a good population of muslims

yeah you are right, theres good and bad everywhere, i guess living in a non-muslim country we get double reward :D

hana*

thank you everyone for youre replies, may Allah reward you all, i hope that we all are chosen by Allah to be ambassadors of this faith ameen. i went to syria during ramadan and went to taraweeh prayers every night, it was the most amazing feeling ever, and the mosques were filled to the brim. i really miss those days. i guess we need to remember the verse:

Do men think that they will be left alone saying: "we believe" and they will not be tested? (al-ankabut:2)

The_truth

thank you bro/sis thetruth, im going to save the links on to my laptop. i wish there was more available for muslims in the uk, more lectures, groups for women etc i guess i have all of you here on tti as my big family :D

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, there is a lot of prgrams, meetings,circles, halaqas and Islamic classes for sisters nowadays and there is in most areas in the UK it just depends on whereabouts you are.

Im sure if you ask around your local you should be able to find one as i think it is best that you stick with and make good and pious friends with sisters in your area and this will keep your imaan topped up because the lone sheep is always vulnerable to attack from the wolf (Shaythan).