foods that haram &halal

buraq

asalam-o-alikum, brothers &sisters

We all know what foods are haram, (well should do), and we know of how much we should eat, but what i dont know is if there are anyfoods that are extra good for use , and is there any mention of them in the hadiths ect,

all views most wellcome inshallah

sumayya

ahed

salam i know that cola is haram its got pig substance inside it.................................................i dont know any other sorry:shymuslima1:

riz_1982

should be carefull when you buy jelly's. mostly they contain gelatin which is haram. some cereals and ice creams that contain marshmallows are also Haram. To be on the safe side look for the kosher sign on them. Its like a u written in a circle. or some time it is a K.

warda A

Sister
:salam2:
But remember even gelatin from cows has to be slaughtered the ISlamic way to be considered halal

is it bye bye skittles? and when you buy beef in the supermarkets or mall or wherever, do you ask if it has been slaughtered islamically?
here in the arab world it is written on the packs or bags so we know.

how do people in the west know if it is halal or not?

Greek_Rose_2005

here we just have to assume its not as most of the places dont know as the meat shipped from somewhere else i only buy from one of the arabic stores in dallas as the other it says halal but its not as it was even all over the tv about the bad conditions...and in mall restaurants most you can say not halal this why im pretty much vegeatrian these days cant be too safe...and candies you have to be sooooooooooooooo careful...

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
is it bye bye skittles? and when you buy beef in the supermarkets or mall or wherever, do you ask if it has been slaughtered islamically?
here in the arab world it is written on the packs or bags so we know.

how do people in the west know if it is halal or not?

Sorry this is so late to respond. When I buy meat at a grocery store it will have a halal label on it, if the grocery store does not have what I'm looking for I go to a halal butcher (this is in Canada ). Most jelly candies in the west are haram because they contain gelatin from non-zabinah animals, however all you have to do is read the label because some stuff such as jelly belly's are halal since they contain vegtable devirved pectin and have no gelatin at all. Another idea is to buy from Vegitarian or vegan markets:wasalam:

Sweet Insanity

90's Child
salam i know that cola is haram its got pig substance inside it.................................................i dont know any other sorry:shymuslima1:

it also has alcohol... but i dont care about that as much as its helping fund the war on my home! so thats why i dont drink anything from the coca cola company..

Sweet Insanity

90's Child
Sorry this is so late to respond. When I buy meat at a grocery store it will have a halal label on it, if the grocery store does not have what I'm looking for I go to a halal butcher (this is in Canada ). Most jelly candies in the west are haram because they contain gelatin from non-zabinah animals, however all you have to do is read the label because some stuff such as jelly belly's are halal since they contain vegtable devirved pectin and have no gelatin at all. Another idea is to buy from Vegitarian or vegan markets:wasalam:

ive finally decided to only eat halal! yes i know its late but its better know then never right?
plus its hard cas im the only one in my family that only eats halal now! lol

Sweet Insanity

90's Child
here we just have to assume its not as most of the places dont know as the meat shipped from somewhere else i only buy from one of the arabic stores in dallas as the other it says halal but its not as it was even all over the tv about the bad conditions...and in mall restaurants most you can say not halal this why im pretty much vegeatrian these days cant be too safe...and candies you have to be sooooooooooooooo careful...

they have halal on everything now! lol
if u go on emirates they have "halal" written on the tooth picks lol

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
ive finally decided to only eat halal! yes i know its late but its better know then never right?
plus its hard cas im the only one in my family that only eats halal now! lol

MashAllah sister good for you, it's the right step to take, you know there are many converts to Islam who are really alone at home, they pray by themselves, only ones to eat halal, and they are the only ones to cover Islamically. So if you ever feel alone or that it;s difficult just know there are many people out there in a simular situation.
take care!:wasalam:

Sweet Insanity

90's Child
MashAllah sister good for you, it's the right step to take, you know there are many converts to Islam who are really alone at home, they pray by themselves, only ones to eat halal, and they are the only ones to cover Islamically. So if you ever feel alone or that it;s difficult just know there are many people out there in a simular situation.
take care!:wasalam:

i want burger fuel!!!! lol
ok ok NO im gonna stick with it! aghh! lol
damn i wish i lived in an arab country!
even the halal food here says "its not guaranteed halal" how is that?

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

As for the claims like, this has such-and-such in it, and that has such-and-such in it, they need to be proven before being taken as valid.

Some of the scholars differ over gelatin(e), arguing that since it goes through chemical changes such that it's substance doesn't become meat anymore, that it is halaal. As proof they cite the example of a pig that dies in a salt pit and decomposes; the salt is still halaal (due to the chemical change of the decomposed pig, which becomes one with the salt!) according to the Hanafis (from Ibn `Abideen). Other examples include that of alcohol, how its source is halaal, but it (alcohol) is haraam, and its vinegar is halaal (restriced to naturally formed vinegar due to some other ahaadeeth).