TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
'Abdullaah was in trouble. He forgot his wedding anniversary. His wife was
really angry.

She told him "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the
driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds AND IT BETTER BE THERE !!"

The next morning he got up early and left for work. When his wife woke
up, she looked out the window and sure enough there was a box
gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway.

Confused, the wife put on her robe and ran out to the driveway, brought
the box back in the house.

She opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale.

Abdullaah has been missing since Friday.

lol!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Now....I am not offended...but, you know..this is not good, nor funny, because it describes a coward...a man would tell his woman the truth. What does weight have to do with anything????
The Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, one of his wives was plain simple fat. A big girl. A big beautiful happy girl.

John Smith

Its not really that "sophomoric" is it?

This might get you in a twist;

Why do women need a driving licence when there is no road from kitchen to bedroom!

Now before i get all the incoming bombardments,please its a gag.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

No brother...because you see sometimes when a woman wakes up...and she marches out that door...in his car..to divorce court...and says..it's a brand new me....he would have wished he had given her a castle so she could drive from part of the manor to the next.

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalaamu 'alaykum

The reason I object to this joke very strongly, is not simply because of its content, but because of the Islamization of it. Yes, that's not a word, but it's exactly what people do sometimes. They take Christian stories, and put in Muslim names and wala, it's the next chain letter circulated with Muslims. They take regular non-Muslim directed jokes and then add in 'Abdullah' or 'Muhammad' and there you have it, a funny Muslim joke!

Well honestly, what kind of Muslim woman would do this?

Confused, the wife put on her robe and ran out to the driveway, brought
the box back in the house.

Even most of the ones who aren't practicing would not run outside in a robe. Not to mention the whole anniversary aspect. It's absolutely ridiculous.

If you're going to tell the joke, tell it like it is. Don't try to make it more halaal by having it be an 'Abdullah when it really just makes it all the worse. It's a degradation and an affront to certain values we hold, that we wouldnt expect others to.

Here's a template of the real joke:
John was in trouble, really big trouble. You see, he forgot his wedding anniversary and, if you're married, you can imagine what he's probably going through. His wife was really pissed.

She told him "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds AND IT BETTER BE THERE!" She was serious too, so John got serious.

The next morning he woke up early and left for work. When his wife woke up, she looked out the window and sure enough there was a box gift-wrapped, right there in the middle of the driveway. Confused, the wife threw her robe on and ran out to the driveway, brought the box back in the house and opened in with much anticipation.

Inside she found a brand new bathroom scale. John has been missing since Thursday.
http://www.funnyandjokes.com/what-not-to-do-when-forgetting-your-anniversary.html

Identical. Other versions have 'Bob' as well. Either be honest about the joke, or leave it as it is. No need to Muslimfy it.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I just found the joke to be simple...I mean if one is going to paste a joke..at least make it funny.

No married man in his right mind is going to give his wife a scale. He will be making many a trip to buy aspirin...not tonight dear..I have a headache.

John Smith

Assalaam walaikum,

I just found the joke to be simple...I mean if one is going to paste a joke..at least make it funny.

No married man in his right mind is going to give his wife a scale. He will be making many a trip to buy aspirin...not tonight dear..I have a headache.

Well he has the option of going to his 3 other wives then!