• those who trust Him
• those who are grateful
• those who act justly
• those who strive for His cause
• those who follow His Prophet

1. Tawbah [Repentance]

“Truly Allah loves those who turn to Him in repentance”
[Al-Baqarah: 222]

Repentance is a form of detoxification: Sincere repentance cleanses and beautifies the Iman. We all commit sins but Allah loves those who after committing sins, seek forgiveness with deep sorrow and regret. This is the only way by which the past can be set right. Allah has a concern for those He loves, therefore each time we slip and relapse into the abyss of desires and sincerely repent, He leads us out of it to the summit of forgiveness and further relieves us of hardship and provides for us.

2. Taharah [Purification]

“…Allah loves those who purify themselves.”

This is the external purification. The secret to this is performing the acts with the intention of following the example of the Prophet . The removal of filth from the body by performing wudhu’ (ablution) and ghusl (ritual bath) and removal of filth from garment, body and place of prayer are acts that purify the body and radiates the Iman. It is a means by which Allah will wipe out our sins and raise our ranks.

3. Taqwa

“Surely, Allah loves al - Muttaqun. “
[At-Tawba: 4]

The fear of Allah is the source of pure soul - it is borne out of love and obedience. Thus a pious person is constantly driven to do good only and guard against evil. He/She is humble and does not flaunt his/her piety in front of others. The fear of Allah beautifies the Iman and is the origin of all good as one to strive to do only what pleases Allah and stay away from the things that would displeased Him. Piety is an internal quality as the Prophet said, “Taqwa is here” whilst pointing to his chest [Muslim] and it is a quality that puts us above others in the sight of Allah SWT.

4. Ihsan [Goodness]

"Verily, Allah loves Al-Muhsinun (the good doers).”
[Ali 'Imran: 134]

“Ihsan is to worship Allah SWT as if you see Him and if you cannot achieve this devotion, then you must know that He sees you.”
[Bukhari]

Ihsan goes beyond a noble trait; it is an integral part of Islam
It is the secret of attentive heart - knowing that Allah is watching everything. This fills the heart with respect and veneration and one becomes too embarrassed to go against Allah’s commands. It promotes performance of good deeds for the sake of Allah SWT and not show or to gain praise or fame.

5. Tawakkal [Trust in Allah]

“Allah loves those who put their trust in Him.”
[Ali 'Imran: 159]

The secret and reality of trust in Allah is the reliance of the heart on Allah alone. Therefore trusting in Allah words are different from trusting in Him with the heart.

Reliance is doing and hoping - doing everything necessary within one’s capability to achieve one’s aim and hoping with tranquility of heart and soul and putting one’s trust in Allah with firm belief that whatever the outcome is, it is a result of the Will of Allah and His Decree.

One should never feel that too much time has passed by without his/her supplications being answered; rather we should always place our hope on the One who is able to do all things.

“If you all depend on Allah, with due reliance, he would certainly give you provision as He gives to birds who go forth hungry in the morning and return with full bellies at dusk.”
[Tirmidhi]

6. Qist [Justice]

“Verily, Allah loves those who acts justly.”
[Al Ma'idah: 42]

Justice is a prerequisite to peace which is missing in our contemporary society. It involves giving other people the rights we give ourselves, treating people the way we would like to be treated.

Justice sounds like a word meant for the leaders alone but rather, it affects us all. It means:

- To be equitable in speech and in actions - with no degree of discrimination or testifying falsely.

- It involves being fair with regards to one’s family and those who are under our care; justice between children by not giving one preference over the other.

- By not committing wrong against oneself such as engaging in sinful practices and immoral acts.

- Justice with Allah in not associating any being with Him - in worship and obedience.

7. Sabr [Patience]

“And Allah loves As-Sabirun (the patient).”
[Ali 'Imran: 146]

Patience is one of the most noble of virtues and traits. It is to endure what one dislikes with a sense of acceptance and submission and anticipating Allah’s reward.

Ali r.a. said, “patience to Iman is like the head to a body: if the head is cut off, the body perishes as well.” [Gems and Jewels].

A Muslim should adhere to patience when afflicted with calamity and should not submit either to desperation nor despondence because if we are patient, everything that was destined and preordained for us will occur and we will be rewarded. If we complain and are hopeless, then all that was destined to us will occur, but we will be blamed for our impatience at Allah’s Will.

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: If Allah has loved a servant [of His] He calls Gabriel (on whom be peace) and says: I love So-and-so, therefore love him. He (the Prophet peace be upon him) said: So Gabriel loves him. Then he (Gabriel) calls out in heaven, saying: Allah loves So-and-so, therefore love him. And the inhabitants of heaven love him. He (the Prophet peace be upon him) said: Then acceptance is established for him on earth. And if Allah has abhorred a servant [of His], He calls Gabriel and says: I abhor So-and-so, therefore abhor him. So Gabriel abhors him. Then Gabriel calls out to the inhabitants of heaven: Allah abhors So-and-so, therefore abhor him. He (the Prophet peace be upon him) said: So they abhor him, and abhorrence is established for him on earth. It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, Malik, and at-Tirmidhi). -- Hadith Qudsi

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said:
Whosoever shows enmity to someone devoted to Me, I shall be at war with him. My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him. It was related by al-Bukhari. -Hadith Qudsi

justoneofmillion

Among the qualities that Allah loves:
• those who do good deeds
• those who are humble with kind manners
• those who ask Him for forgiveness
• those who purify themselves
• those who are Allah-fearing
• those who are steadfast
• those who trust Him
• those who are grateful
• those who act justly
• those who strive for His cause
• those who follow His Prophet

1. Tawbah [Repentance]

“Truly Allah loves those who turn to Him in repentance”

Repentance is a form of detoxification: Sincere repentance cleanses and beautifies the Iman. We all commit sins but Allah loves those who after committing sins, seek forgiveness with deep sorrow and regret. This is the only way by which the past can be set right. Allah has a concern for those He loves, therefore each time we slip and relapse into the abyss of desires and sincerely repent, He leads us out of it to the summit of forgiveness and further relieves us of hardship and provides for us.

2. Taharah [Purification]

“…Allah loves those who purify themselves.”

This is the external purification. The secret to this is performing the acts with the intention of following the example of the Prophet . The removal of filth from the body by performing wudhu’ (ablution) and ghusl (ritual bath) and removal of filth from garment, body and place of prayer are acts that purify the body and radiates the Iman. It is a means by which Allah will wipe out our sins and raise our ranks.

3. Taqwa

“Surely, Allah loves al - Muttaqun. “
[At-Tawba: 4]

The fear of Allah is the source of pure soul - it is borne out of love and obedience. Thus a pious person is constantly driven to do good only and guard against evil. He/She is humble and does not flaunt his/her piety in front of others. The fear of Allah beautifies the Iman and is the origin of all good as one to strive to do only what pleases Allah and stay away from the things that would displeased Him. Piety is an internal quality as the Prophet said, “Taqwa is here” whilst pointing to his chest [Muslim] and it is a quality that puts us above others in the sight of Allah SWT.

4. Ihsan [Goodness]

"Verily, Allah loves Al-Muhsinun (the good doers).”
[Ali 'Imran: 134]

“Ihsan is to worship Allah SWT as if you see Him and if you cannot achieve this devotion, then you must know that He sees you.”
[Bukhari]

Ihsan goes beyond a noble trait; it is an integral part of Islam
It is the secret of attentive heart - knowing that Allah is watching everything. This fills the heart with respect and veneration and one becomes too embarrassed to go against Allah’s commands. It promotes performance of good deeds for the sake of Allah SWT and not show or to gain praise or fame.

5. Tawakkal [Trust in Allah]

“Allah loves those who put their trust in Him.”
[Ali 'Imran: 159]

The secret and reality of trust in Allah is the reliance of the heart on Allah alone. Therefore trusting in Allah words are different from trusting in Him with the heart.

Reliance is doing and hoping - doing everything necessary within one’s capability to achieve one’s aim and hoping with tranquility of heart and soul and putting one’s trust in Allah with firm belief that whatever the outcome is, it is a result of the Will of Allah and His Decree.

One should never feel that too much time has passed by without his/her supplications being answered; rather we should always place our hope on the One who is able to do all things.

“If you all depend on Allah, with due reliance, he would certainly give you provision as He gives to birds who go forth hungry in the morning and return with full bellies at dusk.”
[Tirmidhi]

6. Qist [Justice]

“Verily, Allah loves those who acts justly.”
[Al Ma'idah: 42]

Justice is a prerequisite to peace which is missing in our contemporary society. It involves giving other people the rights we give ourselves, treating people the way we would like to be treated.

Justice sounds like a word meant for the leaders alone but rather, it affects us all. It means:

- To be equitable in speech and in actions - with no degree of discrimination or testifying falsely.

- It involves being fair with regards to one’s family and those who are under our care; justice between children by not giving one preference over the other.

- By not committing wrong against oneself such as engaging in sinful practices and immoral acts.

- Justice with Allah in not associating any being with Him - in worship and obedience.

7. Sabr [Patience]

“And Allah loves As-Sabirun (the patient).”
[Ali 'Imran: 146]

Patience is one of the most noble of virtues and traits. It is to endure what one dislikes with a sense of acceptance and submission and anticipating Allah’s reward.

Ali r.a. said, “patience to Iman is like the head to a body: if the head is cut off, the body perishes as well.” [Gems and Jewels].

A Muslim should adhere to patience when afflicted with calamity and should not submit either to desperation nor despondence because if we are patient, everything that was destined and preordained for us will occur and we will be rewarded. If we complain and are hopeless, then all that was destined to us will occur, but we will be blamed for our impatience at Allah’s Will.

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: If Allah has loved a servant [of His] He calls Gabriel (on whom be peace) and says: I love So-and-so, therefore love him. He (the Prophet peace be upon him) said: So Gabriel loves him. Then he (Gabriel) calls out in heaven, saying: Allah loves So-and-so, therefore love him. And the inhabitants of heaven love him. He (the Prophet peace be upon him) said: Then acceptance is established for him on earth. And if Allah has abhorred a servant [of His], He calls Gabriel and says: I abhor So-and-so, therefore abhor him. So Gabriel abhors him. Then Gabriel calls out to the inhabitants of heaven: Allah abhors So-and-so, therefore abhor him. He (the Prophet peace be upon him) said: So they abhor him, and abhorrence is established for him on earth. It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, Malik, and at-Tirmidhi). -- Hadith Qudsi

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said:
Whosoever shows enmity to someone devoted to Me, I shall be at war with him. My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him. It was related by al-Bukhari. -Hadith Qudsi

:salam2:jazakillah alfa khairan respected sister for sharing.:)

Mairo

Maryama
Assalaamu aleikum dear friends, may we always strive for and remain among those loved by The Almighty.

Best wishes to you all

:wasalam:

strive-may-i

7 Qualities Allah Loves and 7 Qualities Allah Loves not

Quran details qualities Almighty Allah loves and qualities Almighty Allah does not love. To use these as a way to explore the steps to gaining His Love, was the way of the sincere hearts, before us. We Human Beings by nature, love the rewards of self-actualization the most. When the rewards or outcome is gaining the Love of Allah, inner peace & eternal heaven, it no longer is seen as strife but the right way to strive, its no longer is seen as discomforting, but becomes a source of great comfort, in this journey called life. May Allah help us join hands, so that we excel in out efforts... Ameen

"Many profess to love God, but a man may easily test himself by watching which way the balance of his affection inclines when the commands of God come into collision with some of his worldly desires" [Ghazali Translated].

Seven Qualities that Allah Loves:
1. Tawbah (Repentance),
"... For Allah loves those who turn to Him constantly (in repentance) " (Surah Al Baqarah 2:222)

2. Taharah (Purification)
"... Allah loves those who keep themselves pure and clean." (Surah Al Baqarah 2:222)

3. Taqwa (Piety)
"... for Allah loveth the righteous (the pious)." (Surah Al Tawbah 9:4)

4. Ihsan (Goodness & Perfection)
"... for Allah loves those who do good;" (Surah Ali 'Imran 3:134)

5. Tawakkul (Trust in Allah)
"... For Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)." (Surah Ali 'Imran 3:159)

6. Qist (Justice)
"... for Allah loveth those who judge in equity." (Surah Al Ma'idah 5:42)
"... for Allah loves those who are fair (and just)." (Surah Al Hujurat 49:9)

7. Sabr (Patience)
"...And Allah Loves those who are firm and steadfast (As-Sabirin (the patient))." (Surah Ali 'Imran 3:146)

Seven Qualities that Allah does not Love
1. Israaf (extravagance)
"... But waste not by excess: for Allah loveth not the wasters (Al-Musrifun (those who waste by extravagance))." (Surah Al An'am 6:141)

2. Istikbaar (Pride)
"... verily He loveth not the arrogant (proud)." (Surah Al Nahl 16:23)

3. Mukhtal fakhoor (Arrogant boaster)
"... for Allah loveth not any arrogant boaster." (Surah Luqman 31:18)

4. Udwaan (Transgression)
"... for Allah loveth not those given to excess (Transgression)." (Surah Al Ma'idah 5:87)

5. Zulm (Evil, wrongdoing)
"... but God loveth not those who do wrong (Zalimun (oppressors, polytheists and wrong doers))." (Surah Ali 'Imran 3:57)

6. Khiyaanah (Treachery)
"... for Allah loveth not the treacherous. ..." (Surah Al Anfal 8:58)

7. Ifsaad (Mischief-making)
"... And Allah loveth not those who do mischief. ..." (Surah Al Ma'idah 5:64)