General discussion about Islam with my friend

TiLK

Thank you for your post.

You was talking about examples. We used only a few of them. Me nor he knows lots of examples. You said there are contradictions in bible but there are no in Koran. I did not read whole Koran yet and even I would, Im sure I couldn't tell exactly, but from what I know every religion, especially its holly books are full of contradictions. For example Koran is known for its highly symbolic language which is hard to understand. So there is lots of space for contradictions. But I say again - I dont know about any.

You said he can not find anything what can not be solved with islamic law. I think you exaggerated a little bit. Sure he can find many but I think its not important if there are things which islamic law is able to solve or no. I think important is, and it was also one of the points of the discussion - if it should solve them (You can find solution for everything even in communist China but these solutions are not good, although they are according to the chinas law). But here we can stay again by saying: I think mine and you can think yours. But we did not stay by this because we wanted to know each others opinions. Thats all.

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salamalaykum,

I m srry before answering u. I did'nt seen ur profile there it says about ur religion undecided. Anyways as I have said u and not only in this period but from years many people who knows Arabic very well have tried to find ONE CONTRODICTION in Quran but by the grace and mercy of Allah they have failed.

My friend if v deal all the things by Islamic law, then forsure we will get solution for all our problems. But u have to deal every thing according to it then c it.

I m srry i have to disagree with u that we find solution for every problem in COMMUNIST LAW, if that is so u have seen how was the situation in RUSSIA.

SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM MEANS NOT OPPRESSING. IT SHOULD BE JUSTICE.

In china u cant say any thing against government. But if u wanna c how islamic laws work then look at the time of our 4 chalip how they rule and how they did justice.

May Allah guide us to the truth and protect us from Hell Fire. Ameen.

Monochrome

I have a question that stems from this discussion. If I follow and believe the Canadian judicial system in regards to punishment, does that make me unIslamic? A little off topic, but still relevant. Sorry.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
:salam2:

Best when we get into dicussions with non muslims we have to be equipped with the appropriate knowledge of Islam. I have a cousin who is a Preacher and one day he tried to ask me alot of questions I did not even entertain the discussion because I knew I did not have the enough information to refute what he was saying. My point is we have to be very knowledgeable before debating because one question will always lead to another and another in most instances

:SMILY126:i agree with you sister amirah, becoz if you don't know the answer, that person might think this religion is not right.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
TilK
There is a clear distinction between how the bible and the Quran was written down.
Many of "authors" of the bible and the "gospels" of the bible wrote their "gospels" many years after Jesus had died. anywhere from 40-60 years after Jesus left. In fact, I'm not even sure if the bible scholars can claim that any gospel were written down during the time of Jesus.
So the teachings of gospel were "preserved" and "passed through oral traditions".

Where as, the Quran was memorized while it was being revealed and it was written down while it was being revealed (we have evidence in the hadeeth that says so, also in the Quran).

So even though, both were written down by "human hands", there is a clear distinction as to how they were written down.

-Shoaib

Mumin01

Hello.

The bible is no longer completely Allah's words because its been tainted and corrupted by men. The bible has a ridiculous amount of contradictions in it as well as indicatons that it was indeed written by men and not be The Almighty. Also The Quran in no way was the creation of our beloved Messenger Muhammad Sal Allahu allayhi was salam. It is a direct message of Allah's words without any adulteration or corruption. If he doesnt believe in Allah subhanahu was talaa's book then let him complete Allah;s challenge

And if you are in doubt as to what We have revealed from time to time to Our servant, then produce a Sura like thereunto; and call your witnesses or helpers (If there are any) besides Allah, if your (doubts) are true.

(The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 2,Verse 23)

http://islam.thetruecall.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=66

First of all tell him that our ideals, morals, and ethics are completely at par with todays ethics such as truth, honesty, justice, tolerance, patience, morality, kindness, forgiveness, mercy, intellect, acceptance, courage, humanity all of these characteristics islam had before the world began to realize their significance. It also worth mention to tell him that his so called morals and ethics and ideals are nothing more than a set of standards that have been in constant flux. What is a meter today will be a mile for them tomorrow, and what is a foot today will be an inch for them tomorrow. Islam unlike all faiths, has a complete system and regulation of codes and ethics that we derive from the Book of Allah SWT and the Sunnah of The Prophet PBUH. Islam deals with all spheres of life whether it be social, economic, political, domestic, and foreign affairs including how we should even go to the bathroom. So what are his ideals are arent even his ideals, there just a manifestation of countless changes and turnovers over the years

[You are the best nation brought forth for the people of the world: you enjoin right and you forbid wrong, and you believe in Allah.] Qur'an 3/110.

Human rights? Islam gave humanity human rights way before the geneva convention. Look at the life of Rasul Allah PBUH and how merciful and compassionate he was. Look at the entire Shariah and see what it protects, augments, and sustains about a man;s humanity. The Saudi government does not represent Islam and any mistake made by an court in a "muslim" country cannot be put on the shoulders of the religion

Alhamdur lilah brother at least ur doing something to promote islam. Just remember this verse insha Allah

Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance. ( Quran 16:125)

As Salamo Alekum

nori suja'i

sorry again for my poor english (i'm not an english educated)
i remember had read in newspaper about these particular case happened in middle east. the judge punished the women instead of the man, why because the woman shd have muhreem while out in the open (as according to syari'ah) but in this case she was alone. so who to blame? unless she was alone at home attacked by intruder.

TiLK

nori suja'i
Yes, there was blame on her too. She was not supposed to be here alone. If she accepted the law of her country than she had to know its prohibited. But try to compare her punishment and the punishment of those who raped her in so brutal way.

Mumin01, xSharingan01x
It was humans hand in both cases who wrote these holly books. But I was told by muslims that Koran is more powerful, because words here are the words of GOD. But what my friend told me yesterday is, that words in Bible are also supposed to be the words of GOD (according to the christian teaching).

Btw it is good to say that when we compare two religions, we should compare them with the arguments of its own teachings. For example compare what muslims say about Islam and what christians say about Christianity, and not what muslims say about Christianity, because these are different things (for example the death of Jesus is different in Islam - he survived, and in Christianity - he died and went to heaven).

mymohsin
Oh sorry, but you are not right about Russia. There was wonderful solution for every problem.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulag
There are solutions. What I wanted to say is that not every solution is the true path.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
nori suja'i

Btw it is good to say that when we compare two religions, we should compare them with the arguments of its own teachings. For example compare what muslims say about Islam and what christians say about Christianity, and not what muslims say about Christianity, because these are different things (for example the death of Jesus is different in Islam - he survived, and in Christianity - he died and went to heaven).

That is how I feel to because if you use Quran and then the Christain will not believe because they do not believe in Quran. What I do feel is you show them what is wrong with their book using there book then it opens the doors to tell about Islam. Anyways, I noticed you said in Christanity they believed he died. That is what they believe but not what is written in their on book. Did you listen or watch the lectures for Ahmed Deedat Cruifixion or Cruicifiction? In this lecture he only uses the bible he doesnt tell about Quran. He proves without a doubt using their book it never happened.

Salam Amirah80

TiLK

Anyways as I have said u and not only in this period but from years many people who knows Arabic very well have tried to find ONE CONTRODICTION in Quran but by the grace and mercy of Allah they have failed.
If it goes to contradictions. I did not study Quran but there are things like figting nonbelievers and toleration. Or recomandations to hit wifes when they are not subbmisive but also duty to be respectful to partner. And many othres. You said there are contradictions in Bible. Christians would disagree. They would find contradictions in Quran. And Muslims are able to find them in Bible. Thats just different point of view.