Happy Haram-O-Ween!

Salaam,

Why is it that every company that I work at sends out an email to everyone "Happy Holloween," shouldn't they be a little considerate that not everyone celebrates it. They promote diversity yet think everyone has the same belief.

This lady just came to my desk and gave candy to me & everyone. I'm just going to dispose it right in my trash.

Sophie1

lol. tell me about it. i had kids coming knocking on our door, shouting trick or treat, and i said 'trick', and they just stood there, i said trick again, and they just stood there and shouted 'boo'.lol. i was lyk, arwwww is that all, anywy i just gave the little ones some chocolate.lol, they looked proper scared although they were the one with the masks on.lol

poetic

mrs aisha b
Im a muslim but my family is not and right now they are dressed up and playing VERY VERY loud awful music and the house is decorated.. the music is scaring me alot..it sounds like hearts beating, animals being killed...frightening sounds.. and my daughter who is 15 months is here too..and im pregnant.. its over whelming... do you think the devil is attracted to all this celebration..im so freaked out :girl3:

muthmainnah

:salam2:

sister, if their music annoyed you, what if you recite the Qur'an or listening to Qur'an recitation from cd or cassete, Insha Allah it will peace your mind

poetic

mrs aisha b

sister, if their music annoyed you, what if you recite the Qur'an or listening to Qur'an recitation from cd or cassete, Insha Allah it will peace your mind

im listening to yusuf islam and some others now
luckily i will be away from all the haram stuff in a few days.. i converted before but through friends ..a few days ago i converted properly at a masjid with a imam .. and i will be having my nikah ina few days and doing everything right that i did not do in my past

labagel

Fortunately, my family doesn't do much for Halloween. My daughter got a Happy 1st Halloween card from her grandparents (she's 7 months old). A few months ago, I bought a costume for her just for fun... but then I reverted just a few weeks ago!

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
They know better NOT to come to my door:lol:! I just dont open it. A lady said to me today Happy halloween, I said to her I dont celebrate it and she was in complete shock!! Its an evil holiday and the kids are brainwashed!

Its a good time for the dentists though, they must make extra this time of year, :lol::lol:!!

miriam1229

"Haram-O-Ween"!!!

Salaam,

Why is it that every company that I work at sends out an email to everyone "Happy Holloween," shouldn't they be a little considerate that not everyone celebrates it. They promote diversity yet think everyone has the same belief.

This lady just came to my desk and gave candy to me & everyone. I'm just going to dispose it right in my trash.

Thank you for your smart and very accurate title of this very "unholyday" that is celebrated. IN the past, I always loved this day, but now, i ask: Why do they celebrate death..w/ skeletons, ghosts, etc..such a turn off.

q8penpals

Assalam aliekum

Here in Kuwait, things get decorated, but only certain groups do any halloween activities.

The school I was previously teaching at was half-Muslim and half-nonMuslim. It was the Muslim mothers that planned the Halloween activities, and we had about 15 Christian American families who kept their kids home that day, because they do not want their children celebrating a pagan celebration.

I found that quite ironic, myself, since many people blame America for corrupting their kids, and yet here it is the Americans saying NO to Halloween and the Muslims saying YES.

I am not saying it is like this EVERYWHERE, of course, I am just telling about a specific situation, but it just goes to show, we all need to stop stereotyping people - it only causes discourse.

Lana

*FatimaFilsan*

I am so happy i don't celebrate Halloween anymore. It is just a waste of time and money. All day today, all i could see were people with awful customs. Anyways, alhamdulilah to Islam it brought sense back to me.:blackhijab: