Has anyone listened to Gary Miller / Jimmy Swaggart Dialog?

:salam2:

I went back to that site you had and it is no longer good. I didn't have time at that time and I have a need for them.

Did anybody by any chance download his lectures?

if so put them up on archive.org or esnips, or any other place. barakaAllahufeekum

:wasalam:

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation

I went back to that site you had and it is no longer good. I didn't have time at that time and I have a need for them.

Did anybody by any chance download his lectures?

if so put them up on archive.org or esnips, or any other place. barakaAllahufeekum

salamz sister I have all his lectures (last I checked) and I dnt know of archive.org or esnips

I will Inshallah upload all his lectures and make a thread when my bandwidth returns but in the mean time - shall the link below suffice?

Gary Miller at Nadeem.LightUponLight

salamz sister I have all his lectures (last I checked) and I dnt know of archive.org or esnips

I will Inshallah upload all his lectures and make a thread when my bandwidth returns but in the mean time - shall the link below suffice?

Gary Miller at Nadeem.LightUponLight

jazakAllahkhairan, I am a brother(no problem I will make it known on my sub),

the archive.org is a growing website that stores video and archives of documents, audio, and video. there is a lot of institutions using it because the long lectures can be stored for free. esnips does too but limited it is more users.

these lectures would be a burden on this site because they pay for space usage and they also limit the size of uploaded material.

that site that brotherAk, posted had the actual videos of those lectures.

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
jazakAllahkhairan, I am a brother(no problem I will make it known on my sub),

the archive.org is a growing website that stores video and archives of documents, audio, and video. there is a lot of institutions using it because the long lectures can be stored for free. esnips does too but limited it is more users.

these lectures would be a burden on this site because they pay for space usage and they also limit the size of uploaded material.

that site that brotherAk, posted had the actual videos of those lectures.

sorry brother :(:(:(:( I think I have all the audio lectures (16 in total?) - I was thinking of uploading it to megaupload

Rashadi

Salaam Aleykom brother AK. I have a quick question. Is Gary Miller still alive? I really enjoy his lectures and tried to learn more about him.

mhamzah

There are some other lectures as well apart from those 16.

Jesus Image:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jesus+image+dr+gary+miller&search_type=&aq=f

Amazing Quran (Different lecture to the one that was available @ mydeviant)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTMPBDcDov0

Video format:

Modern History Of Christianity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_D-i6hxwqc

Reason and Revalation

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Reason+And+revelation+by+Garry+Miller+&search_type=&aq=f

History of Religion

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=History+of+Religion+by+Garry+Miller+&search_type=&aq=f

IRF apparently holds many other lectures (ISLAM AND MODERN CHALLENGES, MUSLIMS IN A NON-MUSLIM SOCIETY, THE CASE OF ISLAM, DEBATE: GOD’S RELETIONSHIP WITH MAN IN CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM, FUTURE OF ISLAM IN WESTERN COUNTRIES, ISLAM AND LOGIC, UNDERSTANDING THE QUR'AN, QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION WITH CHRISTIAN WOMEN GROUP, INVITATION TO ISLAM, QUR'AN AND MODERN SCIENCE), which are available to the public on free hire. So if there is anyone in Mumbai, India he/she can hire those lectures and maybe upload them as well.

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Assalamualaikum - jazakAllah khair brother mhamzah - I will definatly look into it - I was like... is this it? because Gary Miller could have done so much more I was thinking ya'know and you just pretty much confirmed it :)

BigAk

Salaam Aleykom brother AK. I have a quick question. Is Gary Miller still alive? I really enjoy his lectures and tried to learn more about him.

Wa alaikum al Salam brother Rashadi. It's good to hear from you.

I also, am a huge fan of Dr. Gary Miller. As a matter of fact, I have all his lectures on my little iPod Shuffle and I have been reviewing his lectures over and over for the past few months. I love his way of using logic. He is extremely intelligent; as he happened to be a mathematician by occupation. As a matter of fact, there is still one fact he mentioned that I could not decipher with my mind. I would love to meet him in person if I could as I think he's still alive. Although inactive, I would love for him to get back into his old lecturing, dialoging, debating grounds. He's a big asset to our Muslim Ummah without a doubt.

I don't even know how to contact him. I would love to invite him to our Masjid for a lecture.

Dr. Gary Miller. If you ever happened to see this thread, please write us. :)

kayleigh

No BUT my mom gave me something by Jimmy Swaggert (I think) to try to convert me back to Christianity haha

kayleigh

For real??? Hahahah.. That is funny.... Did your mom not hear of his sex scandal?? The guy is a tool!!!

yeah I know. She gave me something by Josh McDowell (sp?) too. She thinks it doesn't change how true his message is or whatever.

BigAk

yeah I know. She gave me something by Josh McDowell (sp?) too. She thinks it doesn't change how true his message is or whatever.

I recall Dr. Gary Miller mention Josh McDowell once. He said that Josh wrote volumes and volumes of writings to explain and prove Christianity. Trouble with all these writings is that in every one of them he supported his views by quoting someone else who said the fact. Dr. Miller goes on to illustrate that a few hundereds years ago, he could similarly prove that the earth is flat. He would prove it by going outside on the street and ask the first 100 people he sees. Of course they would all say the earth is flat. This does not mean it's an accurate fact.

kayleigh

I recall Dr. Gary Miller mention Josh McDowell once. He said that Josh wrote volumes and volumes of writings to explain and prove Christianity. Trouble with all these writings is that in every one of them he supported his views by quoting someone else who said the fact. Dr. Miller goes on to illustrate that a few hundereds years ago, he could similarly prove that the earth is flat. He would prove it by going outside on the street and ask the first 100 people he sees. Of course they would all say the earth is flat. This does not mean it's an accurate fact.

Very true. The book she gave me is like a big book of lecture notes. Half of it doesn't make any sense. He uses things people said to prove things but it's all big one logical fallacy and many times he takes things out of context to prove stuff. Like someone will have said something about Hinduism and he'll twist it to make it sound like they're supporting Christianity or something.