Have you ever been in Love

Living Soul

:salam2:

Jazakallaho Khairn brothers and sisters for prayers and liking the post. Alhamdolillah, Allah Subhanahu wa Tala has let us know the truth and make us realize through our mistakes. I make dua for all those brothers and sisters who ever got effected by such "deceptive love" May Allah turn their hearts for the Love of Allah and His Beloved Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). Ameeeeeen.

Pls. Include me in your prayers.

:wasalam:

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member

Assalamu Alaikum

Then what about the LOVE of Allah and The LOVE of Prophet :saw2:? The Scholar explicitly stated that love is poisness and a disease. The scholar failed to mention the exception of the love of Allah an Rasool :saw2: how can he explicitly state that? Without explicitly stating the love of Allah and Rasool. Astaghfirullah! :(

As-salaamu `alaykum

Not quite brother, the scholar has done his job. Rather, I think you ought to read the question again, because it is pertaining a girl loving a boy (from afar), not loving Allaah, His Messenger, Sahaabah, family etc. Hence the scholar responds with his evidence, addressing the question. This is obvious and evident from the Shaykh's intro,

Praise be to Allaah.

Islam came to close the doors that lead to evil and sin, and is keen to block all the means that may lead to corruption of hearts and minds. Love and infatuation between the sexes are among the worst of problems.

The purpose is to warn a specific type of love; the love he (the Shaykh) has been asked about. Therefore, in sticking to the topic, he answered sufficiently concerns the dangers of this 'type' of love and what it leads to. This has nothing to do with the permissible and obligatory types of love, this is about the haraam love.

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

Honestly I think there is something lost in translation. The scholar seems to be describing lust and not love. Love is not a disease and honestly there is no such thing as too much love. When you describe the physical it begins to take on the parameters of lust. Not only that but "seeing" someone and saying you love them is rubbish, that is desire not love.

How can you love a person without knowing their personality? You can't, you can only think you love something about them...an imaginary ideal in your head...this is romance. True love grows over time, it is when you hold them while they are sick and in pain, it is when you make them something good to eat after they've had a long hard day, it is getting a simple gift that may mean something special to that person.

I think we need to let this one be and keep love and lust as seperate entities. Rasool said that if he could require a woman to do sujood to anyone human it would've been her husband. Doesn't sound like a disease to me, it sounds like submission to your spouse and spiritual happiness. And truly, can you ever love Allah swt too much? No, that is impossible.

So respect to the scholar but we obviously have something lost in translation here.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Obvioulsly that every love and all love is bad, and corrupt?????????? Right????

As-salaamu `alaykum akhi

Sorry for my last post, I didn't realise I was speaking to a brother until after I'd replied. Regarding the statement of yours I've quoted, then the answer for me is 'wrong'. This is the problem with fataawaa... Something general may seem specific to someone else, and on the other hand, something specific may seem general to someone else. When I saw this fatwa, I didn't conclude all love is bad, nor did I derive this from the statement of the `Ullemaa' quoted. The reason being is because I'm aware that love is of types (just like fear: some waajib, some haraam), and that this fatwa is pertaining a particular type of love, hence I don't apply what I've read to those other types.

Remember that love is an important aspect of our tawheed and eemaan. So we should all know about it, it's types; when it is halaal, when it is not and when it's shirk (to basic detail at least). Understanding this makes putting such fataawaa and statements into light a lot easier and inshaa' Allaah, removes a lot of potential confusion.

Take care,

Was-salaam

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Salaam

if he us saying:"love is a physical sickness. End quote

then he taking love as a Whole, Meaning ALL love. If I say: " book is corrupt". Then does that mean all book is bad????? He faild to make a comparison and distinguish the love of Allaah and the love of Rasool :saw2: he should have have stated that so that people are not misguided and confused.

salaam

This post is becoming more argumentative.
The shiekh was not asked to compare love of ALLAH or Rasool so why would he do it .
He is just giving explanation based on the question (If a girl loves a boy from afar, has she committed a sin?).
He is referring to a fatwa from Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him). Its not even his personal opinion.
If you are still dissatisfied then consider it to be a difference of opinion.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
salaam

then the scholar should have said the same thing!! That whatever he is saying is about the haraam love and not divine love of Allaah (swt). He just said: "Love Is SICKNESS.....???? That's what I don't understand. that he should have mentioned it.

Salaam

Assalaamu alaykum

Thank you Akhi, but if you review his fataawaa, it is written in an explicit manner without mentioning that there is a kind of love, Allah (swt)'s love which is not (nau'zubillah) sick.

Hope you understand.

As-salaamu `alaykum

The statement in bold is incorrect akhi... Alhamdulillaah, the scholar did clarify that if you look carefully. Firstly, he did not say "love is a sickness" but rather, he quoted Ibn Taymiyyah who made those words, and then quoted him again, with a statement that seems to explain the first words (that love is a sickness).

"If the heart loves Allaah alone and is sincerely devoted to Him, it will not even think of loving anyone else in the first place, let alone falling in love. When a heart falls in love, that is due to the lack of love for Allaah alone. Hence because Yoosuf loved Allaah and was sincerely devoted to Him, he did not fall into the trap of love, rather Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Thus it was, that We might turn away from him evil and illegal sexual intercourse. Surely, he was one of Our chosen, (guided) slaves”
[Yoosuf 12:24]

As for the wife of al-‘Azeez, she was a mushrik as were her people, hence she fell into this trap
."​

And what was this trap? Falling in love with Yoosuf (`alayhi as-Salaam). At this point, it should be very obvious to see what type of love Ibn Taymiyyah considers a sickness. Namely, the act of falling in love with someone as described in the question and what resembles it.

Anyway brother, it's a trivial issue and I don't think it's worth saying more about this, because firstly, the statement has been clarified further in the fatwa and secondly, this is concerning the haraam love which is in reality a sickness and not any other type of love.

Allaah knows best.

Was-salaam

ShyHijabi

Assalaam

Yes sister, that is not immpossible. There were pious Awliya Allah who loved Allah too much, holy prophet (saw) did, the sahabas did, the messengers, Hadhrat Musa (as) , hadhrat Ibrahim (as) and even today! There are people whom we don't know of.

Wasalam

You cannot love Allah swt too much. You can love Him with every inch of your soul and then some...but it is not too much. Too much implies needless excess and when it comes to Allah we can never love too much or past the point of propriety. Am I being more clear now? "Too much" implies a bad thing...there is no bad to loving Allah swt.

Abu Talib

Feeling low

There is a hadith which I had read but I am sorry I cannot get the reference for it. But I clearly remember it which says:

The Prophet Mohammed Sallalahu Alayhis Sallam said, No one loves and fears ALLAAH more than me.

InshAllah i will try to find the exact reference and post it here

Rustandi

الفقير الى الله

i've read Rawdat al-Muhibbeen a little bit in arabic and if i'm not mistaken the feelings forbidden for us to have is عشق i dont know the correct english translation of it but in my own words its an excess love filled with passion towards opposite gender, it is different with محبة or love. i wont go into details about the difference between the two because its already been stated in the above posts but i just wanna say that somehow in english dictionary both words have the same meaning so its kinda confuse people who doesnt know the real arabic words.

Allahu a'lam please correct me i'm wrong.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member

i've read Rawdat al-Muhibbeen a little bit in arabic and if i'm not mistaken the feelings forbidden for us to have is عشق i dont know the correct english translation of it but in my own words its an excess love filled with passion towards opposite gender, it is different with محبة or love. i wont go into details about the difference between the two because its already been stated in the above posts but i just wanna say that somehow in english dictionary both words have the same meaning so its kinda confuse people who doesnt know the real arabic words.

Allahu a'lam please correct me i'm wrong.

Wa`alaykum us-salaam

Baarak Allaahu feeki...

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
^ Assalamu'alaykum

I'm sure Ibn Taymiyyah rahimahullaah was aware of the ahadeeth which you have picked off Bukhari.com or something and he must have known then in greater depth than yourself!

Its pretty sick the way you're suggesting that Shaykh ul Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah's imaan may have been incomplete due to the one quote of his about love?

''If the heart loves Allaah alone and is sincerely devoted to Him, it will not even think of loving anyone else in the first place, let alone falling in love. When a heart falls in love, that is due to the lack of love for Allaah alone. Hence because Yoosuf loved Allaah and was sincerely devoted to Him, he did not fall into the trap of love''

To me its very clear since Prophet Yusuf alayhisalaam is mentioned that the love being referred to here is the prohibited type, because essentially the 'trap' was the trap of zina which he did not fall into.

It is clear that he is talking about general love, which is permitted and which is not. And which are not mentioned here are love which either don't matter or are Haraam.
It really is not ..lol.
If whatever you have said in the above post is true then why did he mentioned Allah's love without mentioning the Rasool love. Did he forgot or it doesn't matter? Even his own Imaan is incomplete if he doesn't deems the love of the Prophet worthy
Are you a brailwi or something? lol

I dislike the way you refer to Ibn Taymiyyah rahimahullaah, I hope you at least entertain the idea that Shaykh ul Islaam had a deeper understanding of the religion than yourself?

Allaahu musta'an.

Wa-salaam

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Really, this discussion now seems to be a mere argumentative play on words, which is not at all of benefit to us. Does it matter that he didn't mention love of the prophet sall-Allahu `alayhi wasallam? Answer: no. The objective was to warn about a certain type of love/`ishq, and the objective was completed. What adds to this is that it is a fatwa! If it were an article concerning love and its types from an Islamic perspective, then yes, love of the Prophet (sall Allaahu `alayhi wasallam) needs mentioning.

However, it is a fatwa, and fataawaa are specific and tailored to the questions put forward. When do you ever see a fatwa that covers all aspects of a given topic unless sought from the question? In other words, a fatwa about sujood as-sahw (prostration of forgetfulness) is about just that. Generally, there is no need for the mufti to speak about the regular prostration or the prostration of recitation, because it is not sought. Likewise a fatwa on zakaat ul-fitr is concerning what? Zakaat ul-fitr, not the other forms of zakaah, unless this is sought in the question.

Brother Nu'ayman, I think you are alone in contemplating the whereabouts of the love of Rasool Allaah (sall Allaahu `alayhi wasallam) in this specific fatwa. Perhaps you are not familiar with reading fataawaa and how sometimes they are brief and sometimes comprehensive. The knowledge of the questioner and the nature of the question have a part to play in the depth of the response given. In addition, fataawaa and responses are generally for those who ask the questions, not the whole public.

So instead of outwardly charging the Shaykh (as is understood by us from your replies), why not excuse him on the grounds that the question is concerning a specific form of love and not love in general (as is very, very obvious), and excuse him on the grounds that the questioner (who the answer is for) may be knowledgeable and aware of this basic, elementary principle of eemaan (loving the Prophet sall Allaahu `alayhi wasallam)? You speak of the love of Rasool Allaah, sall Allaahu `alayhi wasallam, but what about loving the Muslims which results in having good suspicions about them? Where is your good suspicion here for the mufti?

The discussion is concerning love between genders that results from a disease and not out of eemaan. The cure to this disease is maintaing true love of Allah, which explains why the Shaykh mentioned the love of Allaah in the fatwa; he has spoken about a disease and given the cure. The cure would in turn lead to loving people out of eemaan. So can we please drop the discussion as we don't like that a thread's purpose be spoilt, and its topic changed?

Contrary to what you have suggested, the issuer of the fatwa has done no wrong or injustice in not mentioning love of the Prophet (sall Allaahu `alayhi wasallam). For providing information about it has little to do in relation to the sin that the mufti is warning against. Having said that, while the ahaadeeth and statements you mentioned are true, they have nothing to do with this topic (the love of disease) and are completely out of place. Your posts seem to allude that it is a criminal offence for one to not talk about the loving the Prophet (sall Allaahu `alayhi wasallam) when warning against haraam forms of love.

Was-salaam

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2::)
sorry brother you said not to argue about what brother na'ayman says about not mentioning the love of rasool and all but i just wanted to say when someone say love ALLAH that means complete submission to HIM(SWT):)and to love what HE loves:).....that starts with the love of rasool:saw::),quran and it's teachings,your parents,kids and spouse etc:).....love all this coz he loves it and in order to gain HIS love by loving them:).....there is no point saying I LOVE ALLAH without loving what HE loves coz then you don't love HIM since you don't have love for HIS love......and that you're just wasting your time......:)

so when one loves ALLAH in the true sense.he automaically loves HIS beloved rasool:saw:and is also able to love HIS being in the way permitted:)

and love of ALLAH conqeurs all sorts of diseases and pain physical and pshycological....
may ALLAH give us hidaya' and imaan and fill pur hearts with HIS love only.ameen

P.S.i'm not arguing just telling what i understand about LOVE:)

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Wa`alaykum us-salaam

It's ok. You are correct. Loving Allaah truly and purely leads to the love of Rasool Allaah, sall Allaahu `alayhi wasallam. This was the base of my intention behind the statement,

"The cure would in turn lead to loving people out of eemaan"

Loving the Prophet (sall Allaahu `alayhi wasallam) is from eemaan, not the sickness that this fatwa is concerning.

Was-salaam

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu Allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Wa la hawle wa la quwete illa billahi

May Allah guide us all and increase love among believers.Ameen summa ameen

Wa Allaicumu Sallam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Abu Talib

Feeling low

This is becoming more complicated, if you don't like what the scholar said so just keep mum on it. If you want to believe in it its good if you don't then that's not even bad.

Akhi Nu'ayman I certainly believe what akhi Al-Kashmiri explained is right. Even i was going to say the same you haven't understood the Question of the fatwa. The questioner didn't ask about love of Rasool or ALLAH. You took things from the ground to the sky

Anyways I won't comment on this anymore.

Please forgive me if any of my words have offended any one. I voiced my opinion as every one did

soulzcore

Abd-Allah !!
Loving a non-mahram woman leads to many negative consequences, the full extent of which is known only to the Lord of people. It is a sickness that affects the religious commitment of the sufferer, then it may also affect his mind and body. End quote.

So true...

Peaceful661

As far as if think if the love for a na mahram woman is based on her piety, which means love for the sake of Allah then it is fine. You can love a woman but only that the womans love should not exceed the love of Allah, like we love our parents etc. Also it is allowed untill you don't indulge in anything haraam.