Hello everyone!

fatiha77

HI

Hi Erik,

As reponse to your question about Jesus,

"Islam honors all the prophets who were sent to mankind. Muslims respect all prophets in general, but Jesus in particular, because he was one of the prophets who foretold the coming of Muhammad. Muslims, too, await the second coming of Jesus. They consider him one of the greatest of Allah's prophets to mankind. A Muslim does not refer to him simply as "Jesus," but normally adds the phrase "peace be upon him" as a sign of respect.
No other religion in the world respects and dignifies Jesus as Islam does
Prophet Muhammad emphasized the importance of Jesus by saying:
“"Whoever believes there is no god but Allah, alone without partner, that Muhammad is His messenger, that Jesus is a servant and messenger of God, His word breathed into Mary and a spirit emanating from Him, and that Paradise and Hell are true, shall be received by God into Heaven."” [Bukhari] " (Copied)
So, Islam don't say that Jesus is liar, but the only thing is that the Bible was partially re writen by humans, in other words, not all what is now said in Bible was said by Jesus (Peace be Upon Him).

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
:salam2:
Thank you brother. That's exactly what we believe about beloved Jesus peace be upon him.

Allah swt says (tr. of the meaning of the verse):

Say (O Muslims): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes, and that which Moses and Jesus received, and that which the prophets received from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered. (2:136)

Erik

Hello Sisters and Brothers, we all are or should be.
I first want to say that my questions are comming from me, I ask them in my own personal search. I ask them for my own good to my best ability as I see it and think what I wonder about. No question comes from any other religion and I dont think here that it was my english that was poor but I never assumed Islam said Jesus was a Lier, I never assumed anything or thought so. some might as can be interpeited in the answers, did some want to assume it for no reason or why did my question seem to be as I thought Islam said so?

I Quote you reply here Fatiha but I might also reply to other replies from other members bellow.

"Islam honors all the prophets who were sent to mankind. Muslims respect all prophets in general, but Jesus in particular, because he was one of the prophets who foretold the coming of Muhammad.

Could you be more specific, where in the bible tells about the comming of Mohammed, peace be opon him. Also said he was the last profet?
What profets in the Bible does Islam reccon as profets?

Bible claims as I learned, Nothing can be added, nor taken away, no extra books, no new books, To temper with the scriptures is a very serious thing.
The Bible say, never trust noone that comes with a temepered or a new book about God ever.

Muslims, too, await the second coming of Jesus. They consider him one of the greatest of Allah's prophets to mankind. A Muslim does not refer to him simply as "Jesus," but normally adds the phrase "peace be upon him" as a sign of respect.

I like that, shows good maners. What other profets is among the greatest in Islam? who is the greatest and why?

No other religion in the world respects and dignifies Jesus as Islam does
Prophet Muhammad emphasized the importance of Jesus by saying:
“"Whoever believes there is no god but Allah, alone without partner, that Muhammad is His messenger, that Jesus is a servant and messenger of God, His word breathed into Mary and a spirit emanating from Him, and that Paradise and Hell are true, shall be received by God into Heaven."” [Bukhari] " (Copied)

hmm,well, then I take it you never read the bible, the Bible is all about Jesus Christ and if I havent got you wrong? Islam see Jesus Importance then the Christians? Without Jesus , to Christians , there would not be any Christians.
Im sure I missunderstood the question?

So, Islam don't say that Jesus is liar, but the only thing is that the Bible was partially re writen by humans, in other words, not all what is now said in Bible was said by Jesus (Peace be Upon Him).

Someone replied here that Jesus never said he was God.
I just copied a few passages if one google the question, Who was John to Islam? is he mentioned in the holy Quran?
"
Jesus may peace be opon him, claimed equality with the God the Father.
"Jesus said to them, 'My Father is always at his work to this very day,
and I, too, am working.' For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to
kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling
God his own Father, making himself equal with God" (John 5:17-18).

"Then Jesus, still teaching in the temple courts, cried out, 'Yes, you
know me, and you know where I am from. I am not here on my own, but he who
sent me is true. You do not know him, but I know him because I am from him
and he sent me'" (John 7:28-29).

"Then they asked him, 'Where is your father?' 'You do not know me or my
Father,' Jesus replied. 'If you knew me, you would know my Father also'"
(John 8:19) "'I tell you the truth,' Jesus answered, 'before Abraham was
born, I am!'" (John 8:58). "I and the Father are one" (John 10:30).

Therefore the Jews certainly understood that Jesus was claiming to be God
and they sought to kill Him because of it. "'What about the one whom the
Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you
accuse me of blasphemy because I said, "I am God's Son"? Do not believe me
unless I do what my Father does. But if I do it, even though you do not
believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that
the Father is in me, and I in the Father.' Again they tried to seize him,
but he escaped their grasp." (John 10:36-39). This is just one incident
where the Jewish authority sought to take Jesus or to stone Him and He
escaped out of their hands because His time had not yet come (John 8:20).

Jesus also affirmed His deity to the disciples. "'If you really knew me,
you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have
seen him.' Philip said, 'Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough
for us.' Jesus answered: 'Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have
been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the
Father. How can you say, "Show us the Father"? Don't you believe that I am
in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are
not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his
work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in
me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. On
that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I
am in you.'" (John 14:7-11, 20).

The seventeenth chapter of John records Jesus Christ's high priestly
prayer. "After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:
'Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify
you. For you granted him authority over all people that he might give
eternal life to all those you have given him. Now this is eternal life:
that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have
sent. I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me
to do. And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had
with you before the world began'" (John 17:1-5).

In this wonderful prayer, Jesus says, "My prayer is not for them alone. I
pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all
of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May
they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me"
(John 17:20-21). Did Jesus say that He was God? Yes! Amen! "

As I learned,
Bible claim, Nothing can be added, nor taken awayto this, no extra books, no new books, To temper with the scriptures is a very serious thing.
The Bible say, never trust noone that comes with a temepered or a new book about God ever.

I know its alot easier to question then to answer but I hope for more good replies.
Got 2 more questions , whats the differance between Sunni and Shia?
If I am a muslim ,can I still play the fiddle or violin?

Hope you are, had or is about to have a wonderful day. /Erik

Aapa

Mirajmom
Erik,

You have started with a permise that is false. Every agurment you use to support that permise is false. This will continue.
You have never provided evidence nor can you ever of what the actual words of Jesus were. There were no witnesses. This is a fact.

Changes have been made to the Bible. What do you think Vatican II was about? Please read Hans Kung. Bonhoffer, and even Tillilch.

You are unwilling to seek knowledge. You have a predisposed opinion that you are correct. This is not a site for converting Muslims to Christainity. Your intellectual arguments are shallow.

Jesus was not God. Jesus never claimed to be God. The concept of the trinity came about almost four hundred years later:
Arius was a senior presbyter in charge of Baucalis, one of the twelve 'parishes' of Alexandria. He was a persuasive preacher, with a following of clergy and ascetics, and even circulated his teaching in popular verse and songs. Around 318 CE, he clashed with Bishop Alexander. Arius claimed that Father alone was really God; the Son was essentially different from his father. He did not possess by nature or right any of the divine qualities of immortality, sovereignty, perfect wisdom, goodness, and purity. He did not exist before he was begotten by the father. The father produced him as a creature. Yet as the creator of the rest of creation, the son existed 'apart from time before all things'. Nevertheless, he did not share in the being of God the Father and did not know him perfectly." Wright goes on to demonstrate in this book how before the third century CE the "three" were separate in Christian belief and each had his or it's own status.

"Eerdman's Handbook to the History of Christianity," chapter on "Councils and Creeds,"

Furthermore:

Tertullian (155-220AD), a lawyer and presbyter of the third-century Church in Carthage, was the first Christian to coin the word "Trinity" when he put forth the theory that the Son and the Spirit participate in the being of God, but all are of one being of substance with the Father (Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible, V4, p. 711)

If you would like more readings I will provide them. In a nutshell, Jesus never claimed to be God.

Erik

Erik,

You have started with a permise that is false. Every agurment you use to support that permise is false. This will continue.
You have never provided evidence nor can you ever of what the actual words of Jesus were. There were no witnesses. This is a fact.

Ones again, I amnot here to prove anything, Im searching!!!
sorry for the !!!
Thats why Im asking, is any of the profets in the bible for example John in the Quran?
Is John a profet there?
offcourse there where witnesses but as said before, they where human, = not Gods words for a fact.

Changes have been made to the Bible. What do you think Vatican II was about? Please read Hans Kung. Bonhoffer, and even Tillilch.

I dont think changes has been made to the Bible but I have read that the Gospel of Judas was left out among others and that Jesus favorit out of the twelve was Judas, still only humans saying and choosing, not to long ago read that they might have found the Gospel of Judas.

You are unwilling to seek knowledge. You have a predisposed opinion that you are correct. This is not a site for converting Muslims to Christainity. Your intellectual arguments are shallow.

You are wrong, Im searching knowledge but I cantjust take in without questioning . I had no intention to convert you or any other muslim, a person who can read whould probably like to read both the Quran and the Bible anyway and I think all should.

Jesus was not God. Jesus never claimed to be God. The concept of the trinity came about almost four hundred years later:
Arius was a senior presbyter in charge of Baucalis, one of the twelve 'parishes' of Alexandria. He was a persuasive preacher, with a following of clergy and ascetics, and even circulated his teaching in popular verse and songs. Around 318 CE, he clashed with Bishop Alexander. Arius claimed that Father alone was really God; the Son was essentially different from his father. He did not possess by nature or right any of the divine qualities of immortality, sovereignty, perfect wisdom, goodness, and purity. He did not exist before he was begotten by the father. The father produced him as a creature. Yet as the creator of the rest of creation, the son existed 'apart from time before all things'. Nevertheless, he did not share in the being of God the Father and did not know him perfectly." Wright goes on to demonstrate in this book how before the third century CE the "three" were separate in Christian belief and each had his or it's own status.

Good reply on this part, I look into it but as you said before, this was also written or claimed by a human? when and what can ever become true and fact?
Is it a fact that Jesus was crusified?

"Eerdman's Handbook to the History of Christianity," chapter on "Councils and Creeds,"

Furthermore:

Tertullian (155-220AD), a lawyer and presbyter of the third-century Church in Carthage, was the first Christian to coin the word "Trinity" when he put forth the theory that the Son and the Spirit participate in the being of God, but all are of one being of substance with the Father (Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible, V4, p. 711)

If you would like more readings I will provide them. In a nutshell, Jesus never claimed to be God.

I will continue to read always but I will first read the Quran.
there are probably 1000 of books about this and just as many are falseI reccon.

/Erik

Fahad_Agus

Erik you need to watch debates and lectures of Ahmed Deedat,Khalid Yasin,Yusuf Estes and Zakir Naik you can find them on www.youtube.com or download their videos by using torrent from these sites:
http://isohunt.com/
http://www.mininova.org/

just type the names ive mentioned and you find many kinds of lectures but try to download the ones with Ahmed Deedat talking about Jesus (PBUH) because those videos can answer all your questions about Jesus (PBUH) inshallah and theres also a good lecture from Khalid Yasin and its called "Jesus - A Prophet of Allah" trust me you will enjoy them alot and might even cry like i did ^_^. and if you want or anybody here wants to add me to msn this is my e-mail ([email protected]) so we could discuss more about this inshallah.

Erik

Erik you need to watch debates and lectures of Ahmed Deedat,Khalid Yasin,Yusuf Estes and Zakir Naik you can find them on www.youtube.com or download their videos by using torrent from these sites:
http://isohunt.com/
http://www.mininova.org/

just type the names ive mentioned and you find many kinds of lectures but try to download the ones with Ahmed Deedat talking about Jesus (PBUH) because those videos can answer all your questions about Jesus (PBUH) inshallah and theres also a good lecture from Khalid Yasin and its called "Jesus - A Prophet of Allah" trust me you will enjoy them alot and might even cry like i did ^_^. and if you want or anybody here wants to add me to msn this is my e-mail ([email protected]) so we could discuss more about this inshallah.

I will thank you brother, Hope you are, is or about to have a good day, sorry to all who dont read outside the open window if my humble questions distrubd your faith,. /Erik

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
Assalam Alykom

Hi Erik: Hope you doing great inshallah...

We all believe that our surnames are an important part of our identity. We can't travel, drive, work, study, marry, unless we have a passport or some sort of documents thats clearly state our identity, (with our fornames, surname, and middle name otherwise no one would believe who we are????

Why Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John's surnames are unknown??? Would you believe in a statements written by unknown person???

Their identities are not known by Christians at all... No one can trace their history at all. Furthermore, isn't possible that they have changed the bible (which they really did!!!!) ....

please continue your search for the truth. May Allah guide you to the write path..amiin

Wassalam Alykom....

Erik

We all believe that our surnames are an important part of our identity. We can't travel, drive, work, study, marry, unless we have a passport or some sort of documents thats clearly state our identity, (with our fornames, surname, and middle name otherwise no one would believe who we are????

Why Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John's surnames are unknown??? Would you believe in a statements written by unknown person???

Their identities are not known by Christians at all... No one can trace their history at all. Furthermore, isn't possible that they have changed the bible (which they really did!!!!) ....

please continue your search for the truth. May Allah guide you to the write path..amiin

Wassalam Alykom....
Hello Wassalam Alykom, hope you are doing great also.
you asking me, Im honred, yes sure, I would take considerations to chance to belive one with a first name, would you? to me, the name dont matter, the context but most the content does.
please stay open and all downput we all know just fires right back double. Regards /Erik

Erik

Hello Wassalam Alykom, hope you are doing great also.
you asking me, Im honred, yes sure, I would take considerations to chance to belive one with a first name, would you? to me, the name dont matter, the context but most the content does.
please stay open and all downput we all know just fires right back double. Regards /Erik

Brother , I thank you but you didnt realy reply to anyting, may the holy ghost save you, /Erik

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam Erik,

Even the Holy Roman Catholic church does not use the term Holy Ghost. They stopped in the 1970's. The term is Holy Spirit. Holy Ghost use to scare little chidlren.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Salamon Alaikum...

You know...despite the fact that we as Muslims ought to have utter patience and and an open heart and mind to all and any questions regarding Islam...i find your repetitiveness and refusal to focus on the clarity and directness of the wonderful..credible..and very well researched answers that the sisters and brothers have provided...irritating...

by this i do not intend any disrespect...however...as a Muslim...i am obligated by my religion to be honest and truthful...and i would like to say to you that...

you are an adult who is capable enough of breaking down the information given to you and understanding them without attacking those providing you with answers...and focusing on one issue at a time...

example...how does the allowance of playing a violin as a Muslim relate to the prophet-hood or divinity of Jesus The Christ (Peace Be Upon Him) or the difference between Sunnis and Shias???...which I'm surprised you know about since you said that you know nothing about Islam...save some general issues...such as not eating pork!!!

it's one of the two...

you're either here to actually learn the truth...which i truly encourage and would be glad to also help you out with (for again..i am obligated by Islam to do so!!!)...as long as you are not getting defensive and at times offensive and begin to simply ask question much like an..."adult"

or

you're playing some sort of *lame* prank (like someone mentioned earlier)...which by the way is only wasting *your* time

either way...you just gotta remember...you're *supposedly* an *adult*...so step-up to this assumption...please!

and that's all i gotta say to you!!!

p.s. you apologized for the possibility of affecting somebody's faith...i would like you to realize that...*you* cannot affect any body's faith...for we are Muslims...firm believers in the fact that only Almighty God is capable of doing so if He pleases

...and since there is no such thing as ghosts...except in the imagination of 5-year-olds

i would have to say

...May *God* (The One) Save You

As for my dear brothers and sisters who had much input in this topic...I applaud your efforts and thank you with all my heart...because I myself benefited from the many information you provided...Jazakom Allah Khair!!! :)...Wa Alaikom Assalam

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
Peace Erik,
I have only one short, humble, and curious request if you don't mind:

Please explain the scientific methodological approach that was used to collect the Bible and trace it down to Jesus peace be upon him.

Because in Islam, as u might have come to know, there was followed a very sophisticated and strict methodological approach of filtration and scrutiny to trace Quran and Sunna to the prophet
peace be upon him very shortly after the prophet's death. If you wish, I or any of our brothers/sisters could explain this to u later.

Thank you very much

Erik

Wassalam Alykom....

Hi Alykom, why I didnt reply more was because Im not educated on the matterenought that I feel I could give a realanswer. I watched a documentary long ago, What I remember well enought to mention is that 3 of the 12 was was fishermen. Regards /Erik

Erik

Salaam Erik,

Even the Holy Roman Catholic church does not use the term Holy Ghost. They stopped in the 1970's. The term is Holy Spirit. Holy Ghost use to scare little chidlren.

Sounds better I agree, the word in my mothertongou is Ande = spirit.
Ghost in my language means what children are scared of:)

American Muslim

Just Another Slave

The only one of those whose lineage is known in the Injeel is John. He and his brother Simon (Who I think was called Saul too, but I'm not certain) were bar Zebedee, sometimes called the sons of thunder in Injeel, as thunder is the meaning of Zebedee.

Erik

Peace Erik,
I have only one short, humble, and curious request if you don't mind:

Please explain the scientific methodological approach that was used to collect the Bible and trace it down to Jesus peace be upon him.

Because in Islam, as u might have come to know, there was followed a very sophisticated and strict methodological approach of filtration and scrutiny to trace Quran and Sunna to the prophet
peace be upon him very shortly after the prophet's death. If you wish, I or any of our brothers/sisters could explain this to u later.

Thank you very much

Yes I would like to know more about that if its not to much of a job to write down and if it can be explaned kind of short.

I only heard a few things,pretty bad or harsh critisism and even from a pastor who then got in trouble for it.
Pretty stupid to dissrespect a profet and way worse when you serv God for a living to do so.

Regards /Erik

Erik

I replied a few times before in Quotes between questions so it might have been easy to miss.

what is the differance between Sunni and Shia?
Are there any more branches of islam?

Regards /Erik

khadiga

jesus is not a lair because prophet don't lie. and aesa didn't lie because he didn't tell the people that he's allah son they just said that because he was born without a father