Hello everyone.

English

I am a white English man and I have joined the forum to learn more about Islam, my Arabic is terrible but Salam wa aleikum, I think. :)

I have many questions and a lot to learn here, inshAllah I will learn everything I need to.

I'm excited to read threads and start posting, I am not a Muslim, I'm not sure what I would describe myself as, I was thinking about becoming Muslim a little while back, but I didn't because I didn't think I knew enough about Islam.

If there are any questions anyone has to ask me, that is fine, I look forward to them.

Please forgive me if my Arabic greeting isn't correct. :)

Thank you.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
:salam2:

May Allah guide you to the truth. Welcome to the forums. You may ask any questions, feel free to look around this site. I recommend that you do not hasten your decision to become a Muslim as it is a very important decision and trust me it will change your life up-side down. There are many things you may tend to like about Islam at first, but there are things which might not appeal to you and may need further study or explanation. So take your time, read on as much as you can. Try to look up all the allegations and controversies about Islam and see what is the truth in the light of the Quran and the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad :saw:. Once you know that you know enough and understand the truth to make Islam your life then take the step. Meanwhile here is a small suggestion:

For those who are newly interested in Islam

Must Read: A Proper Translation of the Noble Quran in a language you understand best.

Quran Study Software: http://zekr.org/
Quran Sites: www.quranexplorer.com, www.allahsquran.com

Other recomended reading list:
1. Kitab-At-Tauhid - Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahab
2. The Purpose of life - by Sheikh Khalid Yasin (Link: http://www.kalamullah.com/Khalid Yasin-/Khalid Yasin - The Purpose of Life [2003]/Khalid Yasin.avi)
3. The three fundamentals of Islam - Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahab (commentary by Sheikh Uthaymeen)
4. Fortress of the Muslim (Pocket Size Dua/Supplication Book, best to buy a hard-copy, is very handy) by Said bin Ali bin Wahaf Al-Qahtani
5. Ar-Raheequl-Makhtum (The Sealed Nectar) (Award winning biography of the Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم ) by Saifur Rahman al-Mubarakpuri.
6. The Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him)'s prayer - by Sheikh Nasir-ud-deen Al-Albanee (online version here: http://www.qibla.org/pray.htm)

The above books can be found here:
Use the Find function in your browser and type the names to quickly get to your desired books (usually can be done by pressing the control key in your key board [Ctrl] and the [F] key together).

http://www.kalamullah.com/books.html

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Welcome To TTI.

I am a white English man and I have joined the forum to learn more about Islam, my Arabic is terrible but Salam wa aleikum, I think. :)

I have many questions and a lot to learn here, inshAllah I will learn everything I need to.

I'm excited to read threads and start posting, I am not a Muslim, I'm not sure what I would describe myself as, I was thinking about becoming Muslim a little while back, but I didn't because I didn't think I knew enough about Islam.

If there are any questions anyone has to ask me, that is fine, I look forward to them.

Thank you.
~~~
:salam2:
to all my family in Islam.

Hi :)
Welcome To TTI
Glad to have you here.
Have a nice day!
See ya,
Take care!

──█▀▀█───█──────────
──█▄▄▄─█─█─▄──────────▀▀█────▄───█▀▀─
─▄▄▄▄█─█─█▄█▄▄▄▄█▀█───▄▄█▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄─
─────▄▄█───▄────█▄█─────────▄─▄──────

To
All My Family In Islam.
Thank you,
~Wassalam :)

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
wa'alaikum as'salaam (and peace be upon you)

welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. You mentioned of becoming a Muslim, what's stopping you? Do you feel you need to learn more or is there questions that have not been answered yet?

I recommend watching this What is the Purpose of Life

esperanza

revert of many years

Thank you.

welcome to this site.....im sure you will learn alot here and people will be very happy to answer your questions,,,,,

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

Waaleikum salaam English,
It seems you already a muslim by heart, remain just to declare verbaly. Which town in England are you from? I am reside in Manchester, England originally from Kenya(marathon people or safari? :))
May Alllah make it easy for your journey/safari :) to Islam. Amin

English

Waaleikum salaam English,
It seems you already a muslim by heart, remain just to declare verbaly. Which town in England are you from? I am reside in Manchester, England originally from Kenya(marathon people or safari? :))
May Alllah make it easy for your journey/safari :) to Islam. Amin

Thank you, can I ask what you mean by this? :)

I kind of agree though.

I'm in Birmingham, so there is a big Muslim community here.

English

wa'alaikum as'salaam (and peace be upon you)

welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. You mentioned of becoming a Muslim, what's stopping you? Do you feel you need to learn more or is there questions that have not been answered yet?

I recommend watching this

I'm not actually sure of what I believe in terms of the afterlife and that sort of thing, so I kinda thought becoming a Muslim would be disrespectful if I myself couldn't believe there is a God.

I'm also worried about not being able to do certain things if I did become a Muslim. I posted three questions and they were to be approved by moderators, but I can't see them yet, hopefully they'll appear soon, if not I'll post them again.

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
I'm not actually sure of what I believe in terms of the afterlife and that sort of thing, so I kinda thought becoming a Muslim would be disrespectful if I myself couldn't believe there is a God.

I'm also worried about not being able to do certain things if I did become a Muslim. I posted three questions and they were to be approved by moderators, but I can't see them yet, hopefully they'll appear soon, if not I'll post them again.

Bro, the single most important thing is to say the shahada (proclamation of faith) if you believe Islam to be true path and believe in pure islamic monotheism of One God with no partners of any sort. All the rest will come over time. One thing is guaranteed in life and that is death, it will come to everyone. Another thing is never guaranteed in life and that is knowing when death will come. we may not even live to see the next 5 minutes. So its important to proclaim your faith and be a Muslim and learn the rest later than to delay it thinking you still have a lot to learn.

this is a good place for you to be, us ask anything you are concerned about and we'll try our best to provide you with the answers. Watch that purpose of life video link i gave you, the question of there being God or not is addressed in there.

English

I will watch that video, I can't watch it right now as I can't watch videos on this computer, but I promise I will watch it.

The questions I had were:

How does a Muslim 'date'? As a human it is natural to be attracted to and form relationships with the opposite sex, what is forbidden in this? If I like a girl, am I only forbidden to do anything sexual until marriage?

Does a Muslim man have to obey the dress code exactly, with the kufi and full dress at all times? Or can he dress how he normally would apart from when he goes to mosque?

And, is perfume permitted to be worn outside of the house?

Apart from the first question, I'd say they are quite small worries but they are important to me.

English

Bro, the single most important thing is to say the shahada (proclamation of faith) if you believe Islam to be true path and believe in pure islamic monotheism of One God with no partners of any sort. All the rest will come over time. One thing is guaranteed in life and that is death, it will come to everyone. Another thing is never guaranteed in life and that is knowing when death will come. we may not even live to see the next 5 minutes. So its important to proclaim your faith and be a Muslim and learn the rest later than to delay it thinking you still have a lot to learn.

this is a good place for you to be, us ask anything you are concerned about and we'll try our best to provide you with the answers. Watch that purpose of life video link i gave you, the question of there being God or not is addressed in there.

I just typed quite a long post in response to this and it's gone for approval again even though my other one appeared straight away. I'm confused, it had my three questions in. Hopefully it gets approved quickly.

Thank you for your reply, I promise I will watch the video but I can't right now as I can't watch videos on this computer.

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
I just typed quite a long post in response to this and it's gone for approval again even though my other one appeared straight away. I'm confused, it had my three questions in. Hopefully it gets approved quickly.

Thank you for your reply, I promise I will watch the video but I can't right now as I can't watch videos on this computer.

It's probably because of your low post account. browse around and post a little, get your post count up. I had same issue when i started.

English

It's probably because of your low post account. browse around and post a little, get your post count up. I had same issue when i started.

Lol, I think I've worked it out now, when I quote a post first, the post appears straight away, but when I quick reply, it doesn't.

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

Thank you, can I ask what you mean by this? :)

I kind of agree though.

I'm in Birmingham, so there is a big Muslim community here.

I mean, your heart agrees that is Islam is the truth and by this it agrees with your concious and the way of life your heart want you to be. I hope you undertstand this my explaination.:)

Isra

aka Tree2008
Wa alaikome salam

Welcome to the TTI family! We hope to call you brother very soon inshallah!!!

When I investigated Islam for myself just 2 and a half short years ago I was amazed at all the information out there!!! Sometimes it gets overwhelming in fact! My suggestion would be just take things slowly. Take your time and be sure about everything in your heart. Once your heart is certain that Islam is the truth then dont delay taking your shahada.

You can take your shahada privately or publically in your local masjid but my advice to you since you are a male would be to do it publically in the masjid only because later on you might need the document they will give you proving that you are a Muslim. In most Islamic countries you would need that proof before you are able to marry a Muslimah inshallah. I like to think ahead myself!

This site is an excellent site to begin your journey. There is alot of really excellent information that you can trust to be accurate. By the way that reminds me to warn you about searching for information on the internet because there are some people out there who try to mislead by putting false information online. Please be sure what you are reading is accurate information.

Being a newbie its best to stick to sites such as TTI and also check out Sheikh Yustef Estes through google. He actually has a couple excellent sites to choose from where the information is accurate. I really hope you find what you are looking for inshallah.

May Allah guide you and all of us to the straight path Ameen :tti_sister::tti_sister:

wa salam

English

Thank you Isra!

Did you convert to Islam two and a half years ago or did you just decide to research?

I'm aware of people putting bad information out there, I will try my best to avoid it.

:)

Isra

aka Tree2008
Thank you Isra!

Did you convert to Islam two and a half years ago or did you just decide to research?

I'm aware of people putting bad information out there, I will try my best to avoid it.

:)

I actually first heard about Islam in June of 2008 when I met my first Muslim on the internet and we began to talk. We talked mainly about religion and I was a Christian at that time but not really practicing since I had become so frustrated with all of the contradictions I came across in ALL of the sects of Christianity. I pretty much gave up yet held on to the basic principles I had been raised with all of my life such as the holy trinity and that Isa (Jesus) was the son of God (in fact THAT one was the hardest hurdle I had to get over since it had been pounded into my head since birth!)

Anyway my friend challenged me to at least READ Quran. He said I should have an open mind and if I read Quran and STILL didnt believe in Islam then he would never bring it up again. Well I decided that I should at least do what he asked and I was only doing it to prove once and for all that Islam had nothing on Christianity. Oh BOY was I wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear to you from the moment I began reading I couldnt even get through a few pages without tears just streaming down my face!!!! I had to put the book aside several times because I couldnt even see through the tears! Quran touched me in a way I cant even describe to you but it was literally as if the Almighty GOD was sitting in front of me holding my hand and speaking directly to ME! That is how intense my emotions were while I read the words!

Needless to say that still wasnt enough for me although I was fairly convinced by the time I finished Surah Al Baqara (The Cow) which is the longest Surah in Quran and it is the second Surah right after Surah Al Fatihah.

I decided I wanted to know more about Islam. I went online and investigated everything I could find. Thats the reason I know there is some information out there that is false. Alhamdulillah Allah guided me away from most of the false information. I found TTI very soon and joined that year which was Ramadan (September of 2008) but I didnt fast that year because I wasnt yet a Muslim.

I was finally ready to take my Shahada in March of 2009. I had decided beyond any doubt that Islam was the truth. I felt sure months before but I wanted to wait until I was able to travel to Morocco to take my Shahada. The reason I wanted to take my Shahada in Morocco is because that friend who introduced Islam to me lives there so I stayed 3 weeks with his family and his mother actually is the one who taught me how to pray Alhamdulillah!

The following Ramadan I spent alone in the USA and I was very worried wondering whether I would be able to do it or not and Alhamdulillah it was really fine!

So you see I didnt jump into anything and just took my time. This is not a race because as one brother above writes........Islam will change your entire life. THAT is a fact!!!! Good luck to you and please keep us updated!

Wa salam

English

I actually first heard about Islam in June of 2008 when I met my first Muslim on the internet and we began to talk. We talked mainly about religion and I was a Christian at that time but not really practicing since I had become so frustrated with all of the contradictions I came across in ALL of the sects of Christianity. I pretty much gave up yet held on to the basic principles I had been raised with all of my life such as the holy trinity and that Isa (Jesus) was the son of God (in fact THAT one was the hardest hurdle I had to get over since it had been pounded into my head since birth!)

Anyway my friend challenged me to at least READ Quran. He said I should have an open mind and if I read Quran and STILL didnt believe in Islam then he would never bring it up again. Well I decided that I should at least do what he asked and I was only doing it to prove once and for all that Islam had nothing on Christianity. Oh BOY was I wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear to you from the moment I began reading I couldnt even get through a few pages without tears just streaming down my face!!!! I had to put the book aside several times because I couldnt even see through the tears! Quran touched me in a way I cant even describe to you but it was literally as if the Almighty GOD was sitting in front of me holding my hand and speaking directly to ME! That is how intense my emotions were while I read the words!

Needless to say that still wasnt enough for me although I was fairly convinced by the time I finished Surah Al Baqara (The Cow) which is the longest Surah in Quran and it is the second Surah right after Surah Al Fatihah.

I decided I wanted to know more about Islam. I went online and investigated everything I could find. Thats the reason I know there is some information out there that is false. Alhamdulillah Allah guided me away from most of the false information. I found TTI very soon and joined that year which was Ramadan (September of 2008) but I didnt fast that year because I wasnt yet a Muslim.

I was finally ready to take my Shahada in March of 2009. I had decided beyond any doubt that Islam was the truth. I felt sure months before but I wanted to wait until I was able to travel to Morocco to take my Shahada. The reason I wanted to take my Shahada in Morocco is because that friend who introduced Islam to me lives there so I stayed 3 weeks with his family and his mother actually is the one who taught me how to pray Alhamdulillah!

The following Ramadan I spent alone in the USA and I was very worried wondering whether I would be able to do it or not and Alhamdulillah it was really fine!

So you see I didnt jump into anything and just took my time. This is not a race because as one brother above writes........Islam will change your entire life. THAT is a fact!!!! Good luck to you and please keep us updated!

Wa salam

That's a good story. :)

If you don't mind me asking, are you white? Was it difficult becoming a Muslim if your family are Christians?

I don't even know how I got this opinion towards Islam and wanting to know more, I know a while back, I was slightly xenophobic (which is bad I know, but I was only young, and most people around me were like that, out of ignorance because of the EDL), but as I got a little older I started to wonder if what people were saying was true, and I realised that there is no need to be xenophobic, the things people would say about Islam aren't true. So I suppose I wanted to learn more from that.

I have had two very good friends who are both Muslims, I used to speak to the uncle of one a while back and he told me I should convert but only if I'm really sure and ready, he didn't pressure me he just thought it would be the right thing to do, and also said he had looked at other religions and none made sense to him like Islam did.

I feel kinda drawn to Islam to be honest. But I worry if I become a Muslim, I might regret it and then I'll be a bad Muslim, not obeying the religion. :(

I also have a few questions, this is the third time I've posted them so if any mods see this post, there is no need to approve the two posts.

First, as a Muslim, are you allowed to date? By date I mean, you like a girl, you go out together to places, spend time with each other, but are you allowed to kiss her, hug her etc? I think it is only human to feel attraction to people and it will be very hard to have no physical contact whatsoever. Sex before marriage is fine, I'm OK with that and I have always agreed with it.

Second, I know there is a dress code for Muslim men, but how important and necessary is it to follow it? And when does it need to be followed if at all?

Third, are you allowed to wear perfume outside of the house?

I know the send two are small issues but they're quite important to me. The dating thing is very important though.

dataipul

Assalam O alekum

hello anyone... my name Saiful, i live in indonesia,im 20 years old, Allahamdulillah i was born in islam family, im newbie here... i read any post from any people has change to be muslim (mu'allaf), I'm happy to see a lot of people converted to Islam and get guidance from ALLAH SWT

i need more friend from other country... i want to know muslims brother or sister from other country...

Isra

aka Tree2008
That's a good story. :)

If you don't mind me asking, are you white? Was it difficult becoming a Muslim if your family are Christians?

I don't even know how I got this opinion towards Islam and wanting to know more, I know a while back, I was slightly xenophobic (which is bad I know, but I was only young, and most people around me were like that, out of ignorance because of the EDL), but as I got a little older I started to wonder if what people were saying was true, and I realised that there is no need to be xenophobic, the things people would say about Islam aren't true. So I suppose I wanted to learn more from that.

I have had two very good friends who are both Muslims, I used to speak to the uncle of one a while back and he told me I should convert but only if I'm really sure and ready, he didn't pressure me he just thought it would be the right thing to do, and also said he had looked at other religions and none made sense to him like Islam did.

I feel kinda drawn to Islam to be honest. But I worry if I become a Muslim, I might regret it and then I'll be a bad Muslim, not obeying the religion. :(

I also have a few questions, this is the third time I've posted them so if any mods see this post, there is no need to approve the two posts.

First, as a Muslim, are you allowed to date? By date I mean, you like a girl, you go out together to places, spend time with each other, but are you allowed to kiss her, hug her etc? I think it is only human to feel attraction to people and it will be very hard to have no physical contact whatsoever. Sex before marriage is fine, I'm OK with that and I have always agreed with it.

Second, I know there is a dress code for Muslim men, but how important and necessary is it to follow it? And when does it need to be followed if at all?

Third, are you allowed to wear perfume outside of the house?

I know the send two are small issues but they're quite important to me. The dating thing is very important though.

I will happily answer your questions. Am I white: Yes I am about as white as white gets :lol: Was it difficult becoming a Muslim if my family are all Christians: I actually have a niece who is devout Seventh Day Adventist if you know anything about that religion you will know they are very fanatic (may Allah forgive me) so she and I have debates about religion quite often. I have yet to convince her but the world is not over yet so we'll see :wink: As for the rest of my family none of them are practicing so they really didnt have much concern. Some of them thought (and maybe STILL think) its just a phase Im going through and will someday grow out of it (Not happenin) but for the most part they are at least respectful of it for my sake Alhamdulillah.

I can tell you one thing........you say you dont even know how you got this feeling to know more about Islam? Well that is Allah. This is the way Allah calls to his religion. It starts with an itch to know more which slowly becomes stronger and stronger until you absolutely MUST scratch it or go crazy! That is ALLAH! Believe me when I tell you that itch wont go away unless Allah wants it to Alhamdulillah.

That Uncle of your friend was right and I totally agree with him. Be sure that Islam is right and that you are ready before taking your Shahada. Islam is not just a religion where you go to church one day a week then the rest of the time you can do whatever you want as long as you remember your confession on Saturday so that you can partake in the communion on Sunday (Ok I gave away that I used to be Catholic :lol:) NO!!!!! Islam is not a religion like that! Islam is an entire way of life!!!! You dont go to masjid (mosque) one day a week you go FIVE times a day! You dont do whatever you want the rest of the week because there is no confession on Saturday to wash away all those sins that you accumulated! No..you are praying in submission to Allah FIVE times per DAY and asking his forgiveness! Also you are fully aware that Allah sees EVERYTHING that you do so in order to please him you will do your best to behave with good manners throughout your life!

Dating in Islam is forbidden. Islam is very strict about such things and there are many reasons but the number one reason is simple: When there are two people of the opposite sex alone in a room you can bet your life on it that shaitan (the devil) is the third. It is fitnah (temptation of worldly desires) there with you all the time. Islam promotes marriage as soon as possible if you are financially able which keeps you from the desire to date.

In Islam men must cover their awra which is the same thing that is required of a woman to do however a mans awra is from his navel to his knee. So the dress for man is much more simple than for a woman. Its probably also a matter of respect that you of course would not walk around in public with your shirt off although you are able to swim or bathe without a shirt. That is my understanding of the male dress code and anyone here who finds what I said wrong please feel free to correct my mistake.

I havent heard anything about wearing perfume in public and right now I am living in an Islamic country so unless all the Muslims here are going against the ruling I think its ok to wear perfume!

Hope my answers were of help to you. May Allah forgive me if I said anything wrong.

wa salam