Hello I am new to here

rtbour

american muslima
The website I just posted for you will probably help your girlfriend, too. Have her watch some of the videos with you. Remember, though, not everyone will come to Allah, and most definitely those who do come to Allah will not all come at the same time. In many cases, men who have converted to Islam have spouses who follow along behind them at some point.

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

Help From Manchester

thank you brother Im a bit scared to phone no mind visit a mosque Im also bothered about mygirlfriend :salah:

Hi Englishmuslim!
Welcome to Islam and to this site. Where do you live in UK? I live in UK too, Manchester. If you live close to me, we can meet and I will try to help you.

erica5127

hello, I hope to be of some help. Im from Ohio, and I want to convert, but you know how hard it is to tell your family and, anyway, I will send you a video that really helped me, also, about your girlfriend, just try and bring Islam up and relate it to things in conversations. If she wants to convert, she'll come around, but you cant push her too hard. I think you should talk about what in Islam she is uncomfortable with, and help her through these things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Hc4Ea3nTY

please tell me if you like the video, feel free to pm me any questions.

IDAHLLI

Hi, as well I am new to Islam, but other than beeing worried about what others will think try to focus on what is good and what your heart feels, I am doing all this against my family and is harder cause Im in Mexico which makes it almost impossible to find someone who follows Islam, i havent found anyone yet, but i should say that is hard to change tradition or believes maybe this is for you and not for your girlfriend maybe and insha Allah is for both, about hijab she will have to understand it has reasons that as a woman will for sure accept, for example a woman wants to talk and she wants attention to her words not receiving attention for her body and ppl not even listening to what she is saying, is also a way to make sure someone love s you for who you are and not for how you look.

i will read also what they recommended to you and i was recommended as a girl this web site, maybe you can show it to your girlfriend

Women in Islam.

http://womeninislam.ws/en/

be brave, i am afraid myself but listen to your heart.
May God help you and your girlfriend on your desitions :D

ENGLISHMUSLIM

:salam2:Thank you for all your help brothers and sisters I am from sheffield and has anybody else had the same expierance of thinking about converting but wanting their girlfriend to as well. If you can help thank you:salah:

ShyHijabi

Welcome to TTI! On thing that I noticed is you mentioned your girlfriend wore hijab in the house once. Did she do this because she is curious about Islam as well? If so then half of the battle is won. :D

hqudrat

welcome brother to this great forum May Allah stw help you and open your mind in learning more about this deen (religion) ameen. well, it's like a baby step, you take the step at a time and it will come together with time Insha Allah.

here is a video for you brother about islam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_C_5ht-Juw

i hope this will benefit you
please do not hesitate to ask any question, insha Allah the brothers and sisters here are already to help you out Insha Allah

ENGLISHMUSLIM

:wasalam:thank you shyhijabi Im not sure why she did it but I do hope you right, like I said before im not even sure if this is what I want yet I've read a little bit do you know anything really basic to get me started and maybe the next step and can anyone suggest more material for my girlfriend. And when there is enough stuff for her to read I will show her. Has anyone else been in this situation before "girlfriend" please advise me brothers and sisters. p.s I just wish sometimes that everyone in the uk converted to islam then I would'nt feel strange, does that sound mad?:salah:

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Greetings ENGLISHMUSLIM! :)

Welcome to the family of TTI. Indeed you gave the best news I heard today so far. Its good to know that you are interested in finding the Truth.

In your process, I prefer you first to read the translation of Quran little by little. You may read from different chapters also. In doing that, do compare it to the Bible. Find out which of them have contradictions. Leave any of the book you find a pure contradiction. Because the word of Allah (God) will never have contradictions in it.

Try to get books of the basics of Islam.

There are 5 Pillars of Islam and 6 Pillars of Iman (Faith).

Pillars of Islam

Pillars of Iman

When you are sure that Islam is Truth, then start with the first Pillar of Islam and all the Pillars of Iman. Then learn how to do Salah (Prayer).

It is very much recommended to attend a Masjid (Mosque) in your area and meet any brother there and tell him that you are liked to revert and then he will guide you to the Imam inshaAllah (God willing). When you meet the Imam, tell him that you want to revert. The rest he will help you out inshaAllah (God willing).

When you read Quran, be in a clean state because you will be reading the translation of the words of Allah (God). When you learn how to make Wudu (Ablution), do it before doing Salah (Prayers) and touching Quran.

Move forward step by step. It will take time to learn. Just keep on making Du'a (Invocation) to Allah (God) to show you the correct path and guide to it.

Surely you will find peace in your heart when you remember Allah (God).

Please do not hesitate to ask any question(s) that may arise.

Wishing you all the best in this world and hereafter.

-Your brother in Humanity-

new girl

welcome to TTI.
I think that you should read the Quran first and I'm sure that there are books that give you some information about Islam.
I hope that God will guide you to his way.
God bless you:SMILY206:

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

:salam2:Thank you for all your help brothers and sisters I am from sheffield and has anybody else had the same expierance of thinking about converting but wanting their girlfriend to as well. If you can help thank you:salah:

Hi,
Sheffield is not far from Manchester. If you want we can arrange one weekend to come to manchester and we can discuss alot of things. You private email if you want.
Suleiman

ENGLISHMUSLIM

Hi, I will keep your offer in mind thank you, I dont know how to get my girlfriend to read about islam, any ideas anyone,I know I can't make her but advice would help. Has anyone else had same problem as me:salah:

ENGLISHMUSLIM

hello brothers and sisters I have just said shahada by myself but I cried and now I am a muslim I cant belive it. Ijust need to get my giflfriend to convert. I still cant believe im muslim now. Thank you brothers and sisters in islam:salah::salah::salah::salah:

ayesha_r

Muslimah
:salam2:
ALLAH AKBAR ALLAH AKBAR
Welcome to the most beautiful religion of Islam bro
I am sooooooooooooo happy to hear that..
May ALLAH bless you and make everything easy for you. May ALLAH also guide your*girlfriend* to the straight path.AMeen
Your news made my day bro..I am so happyyyyyyyyyy
take care
walikum salam