help please

sista sahra

salaamu alakum everyone!

i realy need some advice for a good friend of mine!

my friend who reverted to islam a few weeks ago needs some advice and i realy dont hav an answer to this.
basically she is in a relationship(girlfriend/boyfriend) with a guy who reverted himself a few yrs ago, but there relationship is on the rocks, b4 this i adviced them to get married as they are commiting a sin, they hav a child together, and she is muslim mashallah!
anyways this guy does not help her in anyways and she is stressed out literally, anyways the point is she is pregnant again and wants to hav an abortion!
she knows its haram and a big sin but she realy dont want to hav a child right now, she goes uni and wants to finish it of for a better life for her child!
i belive she is stressed because she is in a lot of debt and has no help!

i hav realy tryed to giv her advice to the best of my knowledge!!1
please help me help her!!

jazakullah!

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
:salam2:
Whether she goes uni or not, her rizq (sustenance) is written for her and her children. Her going to uni, becoming qualified and having a high paid job isn't changing that. Try and urge her to fear Allaah and remind her that Allaah is the provider.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
salaamu alakum everyone!

my friend who reverted to islam a few weeks ago needs some advice and i realy dont hav an answer to this.
basically she is in a relationship(girlfriend/boyfriend) with a guy who reverted himself a few yrs ago, but there relationship is on the rocks, b4 this i adviced them to get married as they are commiting a sin, they hav a child together, and she is muslim mashallah!
anyways this guy does not help her in anyways and she is stressed out literally, anyways the point is she is pregnant again and wants to hav an abortion!
she knows its haram and a big sin but she realy dont want to hav a child right now, she goes uni and wants to finish it of for a better life for her child!

jazakullah!

She must not abort the baby....
You see people should think of the consequences before doing anything..

Abortion of a foetus

Tell her not too worry too much because it has already happen...

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
salam aliakum
There were meethods she could have used to not get pregnant....but I think she needs to deal with her choices. Sorry for being harsh but we all have to face up to our responsibilites. Getting an abortion is a easy way out in this life, but what about when it comes time for judgement?! I think we all know the answer here

abou haytam

salam o alikom sister

remeber your freind about this verse of sourat al anam. 6:151

``Say: Come, I will recite unto you that which your Lord hath made a sacred duty for you: that ye ascribe no thing as partner unto Him and that ye do good to parents, and that ye slay not your children because of penury. We provide for you and for them and that ye draw not nigh to lewd things whether open or concealed. And that ye slay not the life which Allah hath made sacred, save in the course of justice. This He hath commanded you, in order that ye may discern.``

sourat al israa 17:31 `` Slay not your children, fearing a fall to poverty, We shall provide for them and for you. Lo! the slaying of them is great sin.

salam o alikom

salaamu alakum everyone!

jazakullah!

aDYiNGdream

Aspiring Mutawakkil

She should inquire about relief services from her local masjid to help her get her back on her feet.

:wasalam:

Aliyah206

Slay not your children, fearing a fall to poverty,
..tell her if she is a really muslim..she needs no abortion..she has already sin..now it's time for repentence..not another sin//tell the sistah she needs to turn to Allah with full repentences and make MORE dua..Dua is the most powerful , communication with ALLAH..ALlah knows best.

sista sahra

salaam,
i hav adviced her to go to the mosque to seek guidence from someone more knowledgeable! she no's the consequences 4 aborting a child as she has read up on it, i think she is jus stressed out, i told her to pray and also ask allah for guidence!!!

inshallah please brothers and sisters make duaa 4 her to make the right choice inshallah:tti_sister:

jazakullah for ur advice!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister you are being very loyal to help her. You must bear in mind that there are very serious issues involved. I strongly suggest that your friend contact professionals as well as the imam at the local masjid.
We can offer prayer here and support you by praying. However, there are times when professionals need to be contacted.
If you are in the US please contact your heatlh clinic and get a check up for the sister. They will give her the medical advise she needs and offer cousenling. She may be eligible for TANIF; food stamps, WIC. These are necessary for the sister, her child, and the fetus.
Her emotional status is strongly effected by the pregnancy. She needs medical help and there are many agencies that can offer her help.
If the boyfriend is a bum...let him go..she has to concentrate on herself and her dependents. She needs to contact Legal Aid to get child support.
Please contact the masjid. There are always sisters who have been put between a rock and a hard place and with the help of Allah made the right choices. They will be able to walk her out of this mess.
Allah has placed a sister like you next to her. Alhumdullilah.

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
Sorry to sound harsh but your mate should have been more careful. Me and my legal husband have been trying 3 years for a baby with no success...she needs to think about what is essentially murdering a baby.

suryani

salaamu alakum everyone!

jazakullah!

Assallaamuailkum,
I thank you, Sister Sahra for offering support and sourcing out solutions to help our newly revert Muslim sister. May ALLAH SWT reward your kindness and effort. Allhamdulillah, now your girlfriend has a new life as a Muslim and as a Muslim mother.

I would like to share with you an experience that I had. A couple of months ago, my girlfriend told me that she is pregnant. Her Muslim boyfriend didn’t want to get married and had left her. Her Muslim mother told her to have an abortion as she had brought shame to the family. I knew at the back of my mind, if she had really wanted to abort the baby she wouldn’t come to me for opinions or alternative options, as it was clear what was expected of her-to abort the baby.

Yes we all know, she has committed a sin but who are we; only HIS mere creations to judge her or her baby? Here we have an unwed, single Muslim mom to be. She felt ashamed, abandon, frightened, betrayed, angry, worried, sad….. To those emotions I told her to seek refuge in ALLAH SWT for HE knows best, to repent to ALLAH SWT when one recognise and acknowledge her mistakes.
I apologise to all, if what I have said or about to say will offend or upset anyone.

Sister Sahra,
These were the few questions I posted to my girlfriend/conversation that transpired at the initial stage(to the best of my memory);

•To commit a murder you must satisfy 2 elements, the intention to kill and causing of death. You have the intention to abort; and if you go through the abortion you have caused the death. Abortion=Murder? Do you want to murder your own unborn baby?

•What happens during an abortion? Do you know the different types of abortion procedures? In a particular case, the abortion is done with a loop-shaped knife which the Doctor uses to scrape the wall of your uterus; cutting the baby and placenta into smaller parts and pulling them out of your body.

•You moved on, get married but you are not blessed with children. The unborn child was the closest experience to motherhood that you had; a child living, breathing, growing in your belly and you aborted him. Can you then, look back and say that you have made the right decision?

•Do you think that this unborn child will bring you shame? What happens if he grows up to be Imam, Doctor, Teacher or an Engineer who will do well for himself and contribute to other Muslims around him?

•Do you think that this unborn child will be a financial burden? When it is up to ALLAH SWT to decide the rizq for you and your unborn child.

•There are so many childless Muslim couples, why deny them the opportunity and the experience to love and care for this unborn child?

•We named all the sisters & brothers who we knew that have donated their time, effort & money to children of single moms/dads whilst they were at work/university to further their education. We have seen the struggle and yet their children turned out to be intelligent, happy, beautiful Muslim children because of the support they got from the Muslim Community.

I later learned from another friend, that my girlfriend flew thousands of miles just to see me because my opinion mattered a lot to her. I do not know what would have happened; if I had said the wrong things or was too busy to see her that night because she had pre-booked an appointment to have the abortion the next day. Sometimes we unconsciously do not realise, to guide/advice someone to what is correct; is a great responsibility.

Allhamdullilah, Baby Adam is due in couple of weeks, Inchallah we will be seeing him very soon. I pray that your girlfriend and her babies will always be safe, shower with unconditional love and support. You never stand taller until you stoop to help a child. You cannot go wrong when your moral judgment is based on teachings of Islam.

* Mirajmom- You are right, Sister Sahra go seek help from the mosque/professional counsellor, find out what kind of health/legal/financial aid is available for her but it also depends on where she lives too.

Mustafa Hafiz

Salam sis

Yea either way doesnt matter what her situation she doesnt have the right to take an inocent life so yeah, jsut have to cope and pray for the best. Allah does everything for a reason and he knows what is best and if he has made abortion haram then it is for the best :)

jazakalla

sista sahra

salaamu alakum

hey sorry aint been on tti for a while jus been reading ur replys and jus wanted to to say thank u sister suryani, walaahi u story brought tears to my eyes and its sooo true!

u no wot ama print ur message and read it to her subhanallah i hope allah swt rewards u for it!:tti_sister:

and to the other replys u no wot i have told her to leave this guy she is with coz he is no help!

secondly i told u she jus reverted awhile ago and obviously i kno abortion is haram and a big sin, look i dont aprove of it ether soo please if ur gonna give me a advice giv me a good one jus like suryani, coz that sort of message helps!

sorry to be hursh but wots done is done (i mean her geting pregnant) now i want to think about this baby growing inside her and her too, she is a new sista to islam and we need to help her!!

and another think we live in london!

salaam

eemaan1

if she's a new muslim u need to take her to an imam or a learned scholar to realy explain and stress the enormity of her actions.

because whilst her actions before she was a muslim was forgiven when she reverted, she will be held to account for her sins now and subhanallah zina and murder should neva ever be taken lightly, these are the major sins!!.

also put her intouch with sister circles who can giv her support to build her eemaan (u might wanna check out ua local masjid to c abt that).

i pray that Allah help her n u with the strength u need at this time.

wassalam

island muslim

salaam alaiykum,

sister if you are in london the local mosque does have charity support services. Please tell your friend to seek the support of the local ummah.

May her baby grow up to be steadfast beleiver and of greater help to the ummah ameen.

Wiseguy74

Assalam o Alaikum,

First, i would like to congratulate my sister for making a right choice by embracing Islam, Masha Allah. At the same time I would also like to tell her that without marrying living and having children with someone is a severe sin in Islam called Zina, which she and her boyfriend are already committing and now she intends to commit another severe sin by having an abortion because of the fear that she wont be able to provide a better life to her child. Here is what our beloved Prophet´s(pbuh) advice to His companions whenever they complained him about poverty.

“And command your family to observe the prayers, and also perform these yourself regularly. We do not ask you for sustenance; We will give you sustenance; and the ultimate success is for God-fearing. (Surah Taha 20:132)”

Allah(swt) further says in Quran;

“And no moving(living) creature is there on earth but its provision is due from Allah. And He knows its dwelling place and its deposit(in the uterus or grave). All is in a Clear Book(Al-Lauh Al-Mahfuz - the Book of Decrees with Allah). (Hud 11:6)”

“And kill not your children for fear of poverty. We shall provide for them as well as for you. Surely, killing of them is a great sin. (Al Isra 17:31)”

It is a duty for every Muslim to follow the instructions of Allah(swt) and His messenger(pbuh), as it is written in Quran;

“And it no fit for a believing man or a believing woman, when Allah and His messenger have decided an affair (for them), that they should (after that) claim any option in their affair; and who so disobeys Allah(swt) and His messenger, he goes astray in error manifest. (Al-Ahzab 33:36)”

This life is a test sister, " Who has created death and life that He may try you to see which of you is best in deeds, and He is All-Mighty as well as All-Forgiving (Al Mulk 67:2)

The object of giving life to men in the world and causing their death is to test them to see which of them is best in deeds, it is not for us to propose a criterion for the good and the evil deeds but for Almighty AIIah(swt).

My advice to my dear sister is that instead of going to uni she should turn to Allah(swt) for repentance because she her self have committed a major sin by getting involve in that unmarried relationship at first place. She should now try to get marry with her boyfriend as soon as she can. Get other sensible people involve in this, if she have to. She should never lose hope of gaining Allah's mercy. She should repent very seriously and immediately. Rush to Allah and beseech Him to forgive you.

Allah says in the Qur'an: "Say: 'O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.'" (Az-Zumar: 53)”

"Allah accepts the repentance of those who do evil in ignorance and repent soon afterwards; to them will Allah turn in mercy: For Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom." (An-Nisa': 17)”

Allah says, “Didn’t they know that it is Allah who accepts repentance of His servants and forgives sins?” (At-Tawbah: 104)”

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Allah accepts the repentance of a person as long as death has not reached his collar bone (i.e., as long as it is not done in the last pangs of death ).”

We Turn To Islam family will also pray for her. Insha Allah every thing will work out for her and one day she will login to TTI website and will tell us the good news of her marriage and new baby. Ameen

ALLAH(swt) is the Great helper.

visionusman

being content
In this query is a message for us all. Firstly the difficulties of life should not be the reason why we should stray. The rewards of being stead fast are so huge that the trials in reality are minuscule in comparison. I know that is easier said than faced. May Allah grant us all patience. Pause however for a minute; let us take some time out from our life, think and we realize we are worthy of nothing. The pleasures of paradise and the rewards therein are not a deserved right. Far from it! In fact we are usually rewarded in this life it self. So let us all be patient. Verily after every difficulty there is relief. Do we not trust the Lord?

We must also look at another issue and that is of the level of care and support we provide to the new members of our community. We must look at the example of the Ansar of Medina. They opened the doors of their houses, the fruits of their crop and even a share in their properties to the refugees from Mecca. Do we provide any support at all to the new converts/reverts?

sista sahra

salaamu alakum and jazkullah for ur replys!

i jus want to say to Wiseguy74 about her getting married to this guy, i think thats the last thing she wants to do, he is the cause for all this, as in he does not help her psycally, intellectally,socially or emotionaly!

he reverted a couple of years ago and did not teach her about the deen, the already have a child together and he does not provide for them, i hav adviced her to live him!

inshallah in the tomoro i will take her to the mosque myself!

i was wondering out of curiosity say if for example she had this child, is a muslim alowed to giv the child up for mybe adoption? am not saying thats wat she should do, but maybe if she realy does not want to hav a child, and there is another muslim family out ther who would, which would save her from committing sin, is that permissable?
PLEASE LET ME KNOW

jazakullah

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
Adoption could be an option i guess.

I will adopt in the future (not offering at the minute though!) so i guess there are other childless muslims that would adopt and take the baby as their own and raise him as a good muslim.

Is there no way she could keep the child at all???

:salam2: It is a sin to abort a child. But is the situation arises and u have to do it.Then some scholars say that the soul is blown into the fetus after 4 months. So it is not that big a sin as doing it after 4 months. But remember it is still a sin. Maybe Allah will forgive her maybe not we don't know.