Help Save Suffering People in DARFUR, SUDAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Please read my username, I am a woman.

The video presented a different perspective AND gave a historical rationale as to the current sitution. The argument explained yet another excuse for hegeomony for the US.
As to why it should be posted..once again I reiterate the Black Muslims find INDEPENDENT ways to live in the race ridden US. Please understand niether the poster of the video nor I brought up race. It is useful to be wellrounded.
Yes, the Black Muslims are political as the government has never been fair to Blacks. The Black Panthers were killed and Obama is not the leader for the oppressed in strict ideological terms. He is whitewashed!!

I am not going down any road to justfy the means. In essence we have many readers on the forum that need to read history.

Sister, I am so sorry you had a negative experience..my experiences with the Nation of Islam have been very positive. Why did you not tell them you were Muslim beyond color...
What on earth were you doing trying to pray in a Nation of Islam house of worship??? They are not Muslim.

Salem9022

The Nation of Islam or the NOI are not Muslims, So Please don't refer to them as "Black" Muslims, they arn't even Muslims. They are Kuffar. They have noting to do with Islam or Muslims.

As for the Topic of this thread which is about Sudan. I think the President of Sudan should be charged for War Crimes for commiting crimes against muslims in Darfur.

dianek

Salaam,

The video was educational and as the poster wrote it was to present a different perspective. I am quite concerned that there are several members here who have used the word racist to describe Black Muslims. Funny thing is I have never met any Black Muslim show me any disrespect. Black Muslims have upheld Muslims. Why would we dishonor those who respect us? Please show me where any Black Muslim has slandered any Muslim. And I repeat let us drop our prejudices..Islam is not limited to race!.

You did not view the video. It is similar to judging the book by its cover..he told the truth.

You are right I didn't watch the whole thing, once I heard the name Elijah Mohammad I turned it OFF. The group is biased and I am NOT interested in anything any of them have to say.

dianek

I viewed the video. And im black and still find it disturbing that his video is posted here. So what if you think his post is educational. Does that justify the means of posting it, knowing the sect is fueled with politics and racism.
You know this world is full of different races, and all of them suffer. Why highlight only one race. It´s like a zionist, going on about how their people suffered and ignoring others, or a white supremacist, talking about how their race is suffering.

You know brother once we go down that road, nothing justifies the means.

AMEN! Thank you!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I am using the name that they ascribe for themselves. I am fully aware and have made the distintion in my posts. I am being technical and polite. As I stated earlier many members need to review history. To repeat for the sake of education members of the Nation of Islam are called Black Muslims.

To return to the topic of this subject Sister Dianek wanted members of this forum to contribute to aid for the people suffering. With little knowledge of the history of the sitution she agreed with the war tribunals. Other members suggested there exist leaders who need to be brought before an international court for crimes against humanity. A brillant brother posted a different perspective and some members instead of viewing the video with an open mind allowed thier prejudices to stop them from understanding the problem. And they, due to a lack of knowledge and understanding, found solace in the race issue.

The fundamental issue is Muslims are suffering. If we take the time to review history we understand this suffering today is a well planned out scheme. Muslims are meant to suffer. Sudan is rich with land and resources. But the Sudaneses made the members of the New World Order angry. I will not spoon feed you. Free your minds by seeking the truth. Until you free your minds you will continue to serve those we do not wish to help succeed. We become their servants. And that is exactly what is happening today. We have allowed those who wish us no good to slice and dice us..and we have to stop!!!

If you believe I am not writing the truth so be it. I know I am on a Muslim website. I am a Muslim. I write knowing that I will face my Creator. I have written too much and I ask my respected brothers and sisters to make dua to protect me.

shab7422

salam alaikum dianek i just want say that people like Sudan's President Omar Al Bashir are leaders who are selfish an greedy, needs to step down because of him muslims are dying in his own countrie. i hope all this nonsans stops

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
:salam2: Sister,
You are right I didn't watch the whole thing, once I heard the name Elijah Mohammad I turned it OFF. The group is biased and I am NOT interested in anything any of them have to say.
Dont take what I going to say as an offense but what you said above is exactly what happens here when you post something as most of us see the insitutions like ICC or UN just as you see Elijah (i.e. biased) You find him so biased that you turned it off just after listening his name and didn't even bother to listen to what he had to say yet you find others unreasonable when they say the same about people you think are great and helping humanity. Just try to be in others shoes sometimes and you might see the other side of the picture.

Hope you will take this just as a brotherly advice :)

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

I just wanted to say that I do not dispute some of the things happening in Sudan particularly Darfur. But I feel research does need to be done so people can really understand what is going on. When you can identify the case of the original problem that led to the wars and the issues they are having then I can get into conversations for real that talks about why they arent solving the problem. But the history behind Sudan goes on and on and to me this is a way to overthrow Bashir for various reasons. Some of you who know about Sudan will understand what I mean and where I am coming from. But here I cannot give you all of the history behind it there just is not enough space. So regarding this you need to research. But with that said I will make this comment if they think getting Bashir out of office they are making a big mistake. Bigger than what you can imagine. My husband is from Sudan so besides researching this country I got alot of history and knowledge about the reality in Sudan from him. Just like you said you got from your babysitter. Did she get into the whole reason why this is all happening I mean the wars, etc..? And who is doing the rapes?.....

Salam Amirah80:hearts:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister the information is out there for anyone to study and make more accurate decisions. And as I wrote earlier things get very murky when we put this under a global perspective. I just read an article today of Cindy McCain selling her investments in the Sudan...I can go on and on and on...yes, we need to help the oppressed and there is a Muslim delegation arriving in Sudan today from Cairo. We have to respect that many African countries did not sign the ICC. I believe only three.
I am in total agreement that we need to educate ourselves on the total perspective in the present and historically.

I strongly suggest we take time to educate ourselves and then come back and continue this discussion.

This has served its purpose. We have learned we need to investigate the real issues. We need to appreciate what the Muslim leaders are doing at the present time. We all have agreed that Muslims help those in need, all be it in a dignified manner without the left hand knowing what the right hand did.

I bid all a good day.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

Of course everyone knows the information is out there is they look for it. So that is exactly what I said the information needs to be found. I want to join in on this discussion but not into I feel people have educated themselves enough to par take in the discussion. For this discussion will go into alot of directions.

Salam Amirah80

dianek

Regardless of history or wars or leaders the people there are suffering and need help! Just Help THEM! For Gods sake people......a starving child is dying and you are going to say "Well, the politics behind the struggle I don't agree with so let him starve?" Forgive me for thinking that people in this forum would be touched enough to support ANY kind of help to the people in Darfur. I won't make the mistake again........Instead, I will keep spreading the word to the people I know that do care and will reach to help in whatever way they can via using their voices or monetarily.....how ironic though, those people are mostly christian.....with the exception of one wiccan friend and she has done more than most people I have known. So much for everyone's theory that no one wants to help the muslims....these people are helping them in Darfur as well as Bosnia, afghanistan and others.....I thought the UMMAH would be more motivated to get involved. Sorry.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
Regardless of history or wars or leaders the people there are suffering and need help! Just Help THEM! For Gods sake people......a starving child is dying and you are going to say "Well, the politics behind the struggle I don't agree with so let him starve?" Forgive me for thinking that people in this forum would be touched enough to support ANY kind of help to the people in Darfur. I won't make the mistake again........Instead, I will keep spreading the word to the people I know that do care and will reach to help in whatever way they can via using their voices or monetarily.....how ironic though, those people are mostly christian.....with the exception of one wiccan friend and she has done more than most people I have known. So much for everyone's theory that no one wants to help the muslims....these people are helping them in Darfur as well as Bosnia, afghanistan and others.....I thought the UMMAH would be more motivated to get involved. Sorry.

Salam Sister

I think based off of the original post your purpose took a turn. I take it your point is getting people to contribute to the darfur crisis. It probably took a turn because of the information posted involving the ICC and Bashir when you wanted us to contribute to this organzation you could have very well posted something different in making your request. Plenty of people including muslims have contributed to Darfur but do they need to publically announce that they have done it? plus in addition to the Darfur crisis muslims could have very well contributed to other crisis going on in other countries even there own! I see the point you were trying to get at but the information provided could have been eliminated in your quest if you feel they really need help a request could have been done by that alone.

Salam Amirah80

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I promise this is my last reponse on this post:

Dianek...if a person poisons you and sees to it that your family dies in front of your eyes while you are suffering from the poison..as the bones rot of your family the same person comes along and says I will help you...the poisoned person perfers death to getting the help of the one who is responsible for the poison...
It is that simple.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister, sister, sister...I do not wish to be called a liar...why in Heavens name are you posting a video that celebrates zionism on an Islamic website? Do you not know? Have you not read??? Do you not question?? Sadly enough you posted that you respect a wicca witch to Muslims and now this???
As the expression goes: I'm through!!!

witnesstheday

Well if you support this cause and he is taken to court and found guilty it will sit a precedence for future heads of states to be tried. I would love to see Bush tried for crimes....but he hasn't waged state sponsored RAPE on people like this barbaric monster in Sudan. I wish not jail for this man but a slow death waged on him by the women he had raped.

It is unlikely he "had" anyone raped. Rape he is blamed for is just part of the mentality his leadership fosters. In the USA it is 100% the same and rapes by US troops across Iraq, Afghanistan and other nations goes massively unreported because of who has large numbers of guns and bombs with them everywhere they go (americans? or everyone else? nope. definitely americans)

The rapes by Americans of pre-teen girls in Japan have frequently been excused by the U.S. and only once did any justice happen and that was pathetic - a rap on the knockles for paedophile rape. The president, Bush, should obviously be charged with that, not just murdering iraqi babies and afghani ones as recently as last week.

precedents, are no good if they ONLY involve non-white non-American people. You are happy to lock up other people's murderers but let a psycho religious extremist run your country and your borders and decide who lives and dies in many countries you have no business in.

Sudan, iraq, chechnya, america, china... they're all guilty and YOUR business is to fix your own country, whichever it is. The man is right. The Criminal Courts CHARGED USA WITH TERRORISM (consult chomsky's many speeches) and the USA said it doesn't recognise the court. If the court could actually take action against USA's terrorism in Nicaragua, than it could credibly handle Sudan's genocide, Iraq-America's war criminals (of all religions and races, white, black, brown, olive, muslim, christian, atheist, jewish) who have murdered many innocent people of all ages, races and religions (and a CONSIDERABLE NUMBER OF THESE CRIMINALS are known as heroes to many americans and call themselves soldiers, when really they protect no one and cannot therefore be soldiers)

Sudan's Bashir copies America's take on the ICC - Just as the USA told the ICC to get lost when it charged the USA with terrorism against Nicaragua, Sudan has already pre-empted ICC charges against their genocidal leader by taking the American defence. Naturally people who indulge in genocide tend to think alike. As Hitler's example shows, they don't think far enough ahead to realise that they WILL lose, completely
http://www.politicsdebate.co.uk/sudan_darfur_usa.html

what we need is not some solution to one problem here or one problem there

we need GLOBAL leadership which puts America, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Britain, France, Germany, Iran, Israel, Egypt and so many other vicious nasty moneygrubbing regimes of sick twisted godless fools who call themselves christian or muslim or jewish but are nothing but soulless vacant disease with no right to be in the universe

and somewhere, in our souls, we have the power to unify ourselves and achieve the ideal world for that leadership to flourish in - even if bad men rule the whole world, the people in it have the power to make the world theirs again, just like that.

dianek

Salaam,

Sister, sister, sister...I do not wish to be called a liar...why in Heavens name are you posting a video that celebrates zionism on an Islamic website? Do you not know? Have you not read??? Do you not question?? Sadly enough you posted that you respect a wicca witch to Muslims and now this???
As the expression goes: I'm through!!!

I posted nothing that CELEBRATES Zionism.....Holocaust did happen and it was genocide as were the examples of Vietnam, Rwanda, Bosnia.......I didn't say either that I respect a wiccan more than a muslim but simply stated that she is out their trying to make a difference for ALL people regardless of all the BS of politics, religious divides etc. And all I get from people here are political reasons why they don't have time to worry about darfur it is someone elses problem (atleast that is how it appears!) I do respect ANYONE who stands up and takes actions to help where help is needed.

On a different note, there are many organizations out there that can help women from all war torn countries and the one that I believe in and support whole heartedly is Women for Women International......Atleast find a way to contribute to this fine cause as they also support Darfur.

justoneofmillion

:salam2:So how many times do we have to say never again and never again until when subhanallah! until we understand that the problem of all the the human crisis in the world whether it be hunger ,violence or come from the unequal distribution of the earth resources from the political spoliations and dishonesty ,ruthless economical manipulations to the malign media campaigns that orchestrate the whole and prepare the ground to shift the attentions from the real sources of conflicts!!! i ll tell you briefly we will still hear these "never again slogans" until the political systems ,the world bank and the private corporations that are poisoning this world and transforming it into a feudal landscape with war lords and subjects for their own profits are completely destroyed .To think that the struggle of Islam is only meant for the benefit of Muslims is naive and quite restrictive,it is for the survival of humanity that Allah swt has placed us down here we inherently react to the huge injustice that is going in on in the world by offering the way to mankind of return to god before it s own destruction and solve the crisis permanently not just delaying it to some later point in history!and by doing so humanity could learn back the good old virtues of humbleness ,contentment and compassion based upon practice and not just theory ,in form of slogans and benefit concerts!In other words if we are not ready to change ourselves and our extravagant habits we can not pretend to show any compassion that is worth to be taken seriously on the ground.Therefore in this case striving to be a good Muslim isd by itself a contribution to solve the problems of mankind ,adhering to the rules and ethics of Islam in order to better ourselves and regulate our way of life and our relation to the world surrounding us can not be interpreted otherwise than the most efficient form of helping, sharing and respecting good old mama earth and consequently every living being... without any show!why don t we wanna hear that why !Even if one is not A Muslim he can not neglect the importance and the relevance of these virtues nowadays no matter how progress has been made to be identified as an opposition to old folks sayings ,culture and religion in our perceptions. I understand that it is not automatic to think this way but this is because of the manner we have been raised dear sister ,everything around us screams for slogans and advertisements we buy the books by their covers,the tooth paste and the shampoo by the sound of the screaming lady in the advert . This is where the problem lies , can t we realize it!20% of the world population consume 80%of the resources (by the year 2000 the obesity progression in America had reached an unprecedented 31%!)and 80 % of the world population are left behind with only 20% to struggle fight and die from hunger...Communism was a good idea to some extent the thing that ultimately led to i ts collapse was the lack of awareness of accountability which gave room to much corruption , hypocrisy and greed,indeed that which is built upon falsehood will always end up miserably destroyed because as one sister truly stated the goals never justify the means and even if the purpose is noble it can not be sustained by falsehood!Think about it if everyone on the planet were to live like an average American, we would need five planets. On the other hand, if everyone lived like an average person in Bangladesh, where the average person uses 1.2 acres of ecologically productive land to survive, the earth could support roughly 22 billion people.so why not meet at the middle!the middle way yes exactly the one that Allah swt talks about in the glorious quran!As someone truly stated

"There is enough in the world for everyone's need; there is not enough for everyone's greed." -Mahatma Gandhi.

If the material resources of the earth are not enough to feed everyone s greed what do we need then!that which we need is a spiritual revolution to balance this material perversion! that is the only solution to learn to share our world to the extent of self deprivation for one another,And If we can do that no one absolutely no one will be deprived!!!!!!yet we can not do that through secularism and atheism with their optional and circumstantial form of humanism, we can only do that through the sense of accountability!

So what do you think they are fighting us for hun! with all these wars and campaigns launched against Islam and the promotion of secularism, liberalism free market economy..etc do you really think that they are worth to be promoted on the practical level !should every human being aspire to be living at western standards is this reasonable given the limited amount of resources at our disposal or is it just an illusion we are letting them dream of to keep them busy while making profit out of their ignorance!Ask yourself.

So what is the solution if communism by it s lack of consistency collapsed ....it started to collapse in Eastern Europe because there was a lack of support. Everyone who lived in a communist nation comprehended that things would never be unfair, but those who were wealthy started to not like the fact you got the same check as everyone else. The government also started to turn communism into a dictatorship.and place itself above any law just the way things are evolving in the states where liberalism is at home.. where the constitution is walked upon ,people are getting wire taped and microshipped by the mark of the beast! No one thought that communism would ever become anything like this.What about liberalism then?are some people starting to think the same way...
Many countries were on the brink of leaving behind communism. The news of this soon reached Germany, leading to the demolition of the Berlin wall.this was an act to symbolize Germany's abolition of communism. . Was the destruction of the trade towers by the secret societies another symbol of the destruction of capitalism as we know it.... I believe yes in many ways it looks as if it was the return of dictatorship that starts just where communism has been stopped at a more cynical and egoistic extent. Another form of totalitarian order that could follow up where communism ended.the citizens will be left with no rights,no security ,no freedom ,no self determination and the good old wishful thought of prosperity will be left only to certain elites and their descendance.It is to this that all of earth children have to stand and say "never again"the rest will come by itself.

Here please have a look at this article below you might find it interesting inshallah quite a piece to ponder about.

Canada & USA: North America's Ecological Footprint

North America's ecological footprint is the largest of any continent in the world, almost doubling the ecological footprint of industrialized Europe; WWF's Living Planet Report puts the United States as the world's worst culrpit per-capita after the United Arab Emirates, with Canada not far behind as the eighth worst country in the world.

Indeed, if everyone in the world lived as Americans do we would need 5 planets to support us. As the world's largest energy consumer, producer, and importer, the United States is the world's single largest emitter of greenhouse gases from the burning of fossil fuels - accounting for ¼ of all greenhouse gas emissions on our planet. Americans own more and bigger cars and use 4.5 times the amount of gas used by Europeans. 31% of America's natural fresh water resources - mostly in the western part of the country - chronically suffer "severe water stress". Americans generate more municipal waste, and spend more money treating it, than any other country in the world.

There is evidence that the problem has been getting worse in recent years. Achieving One Planet Living in the North American context is a tremendous challenge.

At the same time, North Americahas been in the forefront of developing innovative solutions to reverse this trend by reducing consumption levels and increasing resource use efficiency and biocapacity, with vigorous market demand for green buildings and more sustainable forms of transportation, such as hybrid vehicles.

ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINTING: FRAMING THE PROBLEM

- The Ecological Footprint is a rigorous means of measuring how our lifestyles impact both the planet and other people. It calculates how much productive land, freshwater and sea is needed to provide all the food, water, energy and materials we use in our everyday lives. It also calculates the emissions generated from the oil, coal and gas we burn, and determines how much land is required to absorb our wastes. By comparing rates in different places, it gives a concrete measure of how the lifestyles of some areas are affecting others, via their resource use and waste production.

- The global Ecological Footprint was 13.5 billion hectares in 2001, the most recent year for which global figures are available, or 2.2 'global hectares' per person.

- This demand on nature can be compared with the Earth's biocapacity, based on its biologically productive area. This stands at approximately 11.3 billion global hectares, or a quarter of the Earth's surface. The productive area of the biosphere translates into an average of 1.8 global hectares per person, making this the 'fair share' of the world's resources available to each person.

- Comparing these numbers shows that humanity's Ecological Footprint currently exceeds global biocapacity by 0.4 global hectares per person, or 21 percent.

- This 'overshoot' means we are consuming resources faster than they are being regenerated, and are now eating into the earth's 'natural capital'. The end result is the destruction of assets on which our economy and life itself depends. Examples include disappearing forests, eroding soils, collapsing fisheries, and falling water tables. A key manifestation of this overshoot is climate change, which is causing an increase in the frequency and intensity of extreme weather events.

- The problem of overshooting existing resource capacity is particularly associated with richer, industrialised nations. For example, if everyone in the world lived as Americans do, we would need five planets to maintain our lifestyle over time.

- Canada is an example of a country whose ecological footprint is greater than might be expected. The country's per capita footprint is 8th in the global ranking, well above that of all other G8 countries (excluding the United States), including Germany and Japan.

- According to the Global Footprint Network, the current Canadian footprint is equivalent to 7.5 hectares per person per year, yet available global biocapacity is just 1.8 hectares per person. In other words, if everyone in the world lived like Canadians, we would need more than four planets (7.5 / 1.8 = 4.16) to meet our demand for natural resources and absorb our waste and pollution.

- According to the Global Footprint Network, the current U.S. footprint is equivalent to 9.7 hectares per person per year, yet available global biocapacity is just 1.8 hectares per person. In other words, if everyone in the world lived like Canadians, we would need almost five and a half planets (9.7 / 1.8 = 5.38) to meet our demand for natural resources and absorb our waste and pollution.

- At the same time as our ecological footprint is increasing, the "Living Planet Index" (LPI) is receding. The LPI is an indicator of the state of the world's biodiversity. It measures trends in populations of vertebrate species around the world, and currently tracks changes in abundance of 555 terrestrial species, 323 freshwater species and 267 marine species. Between 1970 and 2000, the index fell by about 40 percent.

- While the LPI fell by some 40 percent between 1970 and 2000, the terrestrial index fell by about 30 percent, the freshwater index by about 50 percent, and the marine index by around 30 percent.

- Over the same period, the global Ecological Footprint grew by 70 percent while the world's human population grew by 65 per cent.

RESPONDING TO THE FOOTPRINT CHALLENGE

- Global ecological debt will continue to grow as long as the Ecological Footprint exceeds biocapacity. The resulting risk for humanity, and the Earth's biodiversity, can only be ended by shrinking and ultimately eliminating the debt - i.e., by living within the biocapacity of one planet.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Once again Sister DianeK I beseech you to research before you write. You are the victim of an advertisment campaign. You are so busy fighting for what you believe is a just cause..you swallowed the lies.
We do not believe in the lies. All you need to ask is why. Sometimes it helps to let go and listen to those who have a greater understanding of the issues.

A wiccan is a confused person. They cannot decided if they are human or witches so she can do all she wants..she has no direction. She can not make a difference by definition because she has no center.

Islam gives us direction. Do not let emotion dictate over reason. No-one here suggested not to help the suffering. Most disagree with the Europeans handling matters that have nothing to do with them. They are greedy. And if you review history you will see a larger picture. This is an excellent opportuintiy for you to tear down the veils of ignorance.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

PS: Sister DianeK..I must say that all your posts are thought provoking and have many hits. You help me better myself. And from the bottom of my heart I thank you. We may disagree..and that is ok...but I love you for the courage you show. At my age...I can say anything I want..it comes with the territory. Please PM and I will give you a great list of books and sites to a brand new horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.