Hi im new. Want to be a practising muslim.

another_brother

Hey brothers and sisters,

My names Cengiz (and yes i know its a bad name).

I'm from sydney. Well first of all i come from a religious family.

Mum was religious and dad wasn't so they got divorced because they could never get along.

Well anyways, ive done some bad things in my past and regret every bit of it.

Ive realised all answers are answered by god.

I have brief knowledge of islam but not ALOT.

So im going to make this move in my life and try and become a good, practising muslim.

I was just wondering what are best ways to start this new phase in my life.

I have started praying, and reading up on the forums about religion and listening to kuran recitings on youtube.

Yes i know - its not much but i want to do alot more.

Please help me do my duties as a muslim.

Thanks.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
salam bro ..
u should start slowly dont rush into things :D thats my advice
welcome to the site ..inshallah=(if God wills) u learn a loooooooott and find it beneficial:D
PS. hw long have u been muslim 4???:)
wasalam
btw.... bro **_alkathiri_**yr smilly makes yuu look like a girl ..rolf^^^
loooooooooooooooooooll onli kidding :D
soorry;)
i ad 2 say it:D

another_brother

:salam2:

Welcome to the site Bro, :hearts:

Thanks bro :)

salam bro ..
u should start slowly dont rush into things :D thats my advice
welcome to the site ..inshallah=(if God wills) u learn a loooooooott and find it beneficial:D
PS. hw long have u been muslim 4???:)
wasalam
btw.... bro **_alkathiri_**yr smilly makes yuu look like a girl ..rolf^^^
loooooooooooooooooooll onli kidding :D
soorry;)
i ad 2 say it:D

Aleykum selam. Yes slow and steady wins the race hehe. Thanks.

I am of turkish background so i was born muslim.

My mums been pushing me to learn the quran and pray for years.... but ive always ignored her.

Now im mature enough to understand what i should do and this is what im going to do.

Thanks for your replies.

AliIbanez

A Stranger in Dunyah
Alhamdulillaha brother. As long as we live in this world (dunyah), we still have the opportunity to change and make some more improvements in our faith. You asked what are the best ways to start to your new phase in your life. The truth is you've started it already...our salah (prayer)...'cause according to the prophet (may the peace and blessings of Allah subhanawataallah be upon him). Salah is the most dearest to Allah. In that case we must perfect it from ablution up to the end of the salah. Pray on time and much better in the mosque (if there is any). Then follow the rest of our duties in Islam, then the sunnah of rasulullah as much as you can. I believe there are lots of articles here in this site that might help you

another_brother

Alhamdulillaha brother. As long as we live in this world (dunyah), we still have the opportunity to change and make some more improvements in our faith. You asked what are the best ways to start to your new phase in your life. The truth is you've started it already...our salah (prayer)...'cause according to the prophet (may the peace and blessings of Allah subhanawataallah be upon him). Salah is the most dearest to Allah. In that case we must perfect it from ablution up to the end of the salah. Pray on time and much better in the mosque (if there is any). Then follow the rest of our duties in Islam, then the sunnah of rasulullah as much as you can. I believe there are lots of articles here in this site that might help you

Thankyou for your input brother.

Welcome to the family site Brother:)
hope you enjoy your stay here.

wassalam

habib786

welcome brother to TTI .. have a pleasant stay in here and surely if you want some help from us in this forum please feel free to write ... Allah hafiz

El Gordito

strength thru faith
wasalaamu alaikum waramatullahi wabarakatuhu ...

welcome to TTI, this site has proven to be very helpful to me, and Insha'Allah it will be very helpful to you also...

peace

zarah

Islam
Staff member

Welcome to the website,I hope that you benefit from this site.

:wasalam:

Hey brothers and sisters,

My names Cengiz (and yes i know its a bad name).

I'm from sydney. Well first of all i come from a religious family.

Mum was religious and dad wasn't so they got divorced because they could never get along.

Well anyways, ive done some bad things in my past and regret every bit of it.

Ive realised all answers are answered by god.

I have brief knowledge of islam but not ALOT.

So im going to make this move in my life and try and become a good, practising muslim.

I was just wondering what are best ways to start this new phase in my life.

I have started praying, and reading up on the forums about religion and listening to kuran recitings on youtube.

Yes i know - its not much but i want to do alot more.

Please help me do my duties as a muslim.

Thanks.

wonnee3

Trying 2 plz ALLAH
As Sallamu Alaykum Brother, Al Hamduillah on reverting 2 Islam may ALLAH make the rest of ur journey fruitful. being a revert n america has had it's own set backs 4 me, the one thing i will try 2 convey is that the shayitain knows your weak areas better than you, don't get down on yourself if you slip early try to learn this way of life go slow, instill EVERY little bit you learn into your daily activites and then it will become ezr 2morrow. PRACTICE what you learn, try not to learn to belittle the non-believers that in itself is Haram. Have Sabr ( patinence) it will allow you to grow as a Muslim. May ALLAH reward you for your efforts. Which of the favours of your Lord will you deny?

MTYKK

Banned
Brother this is beautiful, first of all start thanking Allah Ta'ala for guiding you, and putting the spark of taqwa in your heart for making you care and realize your purpose. Only Allah Ta'ala can do that. You could have been away from Islam when it was so near to you for all your life and lived a life full of earth until earth devoured you.

Also, nothing is wrong with your name, it means powerful, strong.

Plus...
"Like other notable conquerors, such as Hernán Cortés, Genghis Khan's portrayal differs from those he conquered, as opposed to those who conquered with him. Additionally, unlike Hitler, whose regime was overthrown, and Napoleon I of France, who was defeated, Genghis Khan was never completely vanquished, and created an empire that evolved into a modern nation. Therefore, there is an entire culture that identifies with Khan as a leader and founder, much as George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, and others are viewed as the “founding fathers” of The United States of America. Genghis Khan is undisputedly both the creator and destroyer of nations, and remains a debatable figure, even to modern scholars.

Positive perception of Genghis Khan

Negative views of Genghis Khan are very persistent with histories written by many different cultures, from various different geographical regions. They often cite the cruelties and destructions brought upon by Mongol armies. However, other authors cite positive aspects of Genghis Khan's conquests. Genghis Khan is credited with bringing the Silk Road under one cohesive political environment. This allowed increased communication and trade between the West, Middle East and Asia by expanding the horizon of all three areas. Some historians have noted that Genghis Khan instituted certain levels of meritocracy in his rule, and was tolerant of different religions.[citations needed] In much of modern-day Turkey, Genghis Khan is looked on as a great military leader, and it is popular for male children to carry his title as name." Source: Wikipedia :) (I'm not defending the guy, just quoting wikipedia.)

Moving on...
Start Salaah (Namaz) and reading of Qur'an both in Arabic and Meaning, which language is dominant for you (TR or EN?), I'm assuming English, so try, Muhammad Asad and Ali Unal's English translations. Learn where your mosques are for Jum'aa (Cuma Prayers) and find pious Muslims to surround you, company is very important, Jam'aat (Congregation) makes life easier and more enjoyable in every aspect, especially for Salaah.

When calamities hit (and they may) thank Allah Ta'ala for the test, and reminding your your mortality and helplessness without Allah, pray with all your sincerity and love for betterment and never let go of Allah's rope. Recognize the lessing you have, compare it with out brothers and sisters in Iraq, Flisteen, Africa etc. and other people all over the world versus how incredibly much Allah Ta'ala has given you, and it is truly Allah's blessing and not simply your own doings, as if Allah didn't will them for you your doings alone would not have given you anything. AlHamdulillaah, AlHamdulillaah, AlHamdulillaahi Rabbil 'Alemeen. And love your brothers and sisters in Islaam, pray for them, because the power is in your Du'a, help them, they are suffering much. Love and dislike for Allah's sake, don't be disillusioned with dunya.

When tempted to do thing "you know" are wrong inside your heart, say a'udhubillaah, read about the sin and complete your knowledge so you have no way to fall.

Be kind and respectful to everyone, especially your parents, (You're a Turk so that shouldn't be an issue) and others and hold your "cool" regardless, just like how Rasul Allah Muhammad sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam did.

If you're stricken in your belief (and yes that may happen too) know that Islaam is perfect, and its simply because you just don't know enough, ask people of knowledge, be patient and ask Allah Ta'ala for guidance, it will come like a lightening bolt insha'Allah, don't forget, Islam aslama (submission willingly) but there is no Islam without Imaan (amana: confirmation, thus Imaan, confirmed belief) Imaan can't be in vain, it is Haqq (truth) and is achieved by Ruh (soul) and 'Aql (intellect).

May Allah Ta'ala give you the best of the best and let your struggle be of much benefit insha'Allah.

Allah kolaylık versin, Selametle kal, Islamda kardeşin.

waAllahu 'Alim.

iislam4ever

Servant of Allah 247
:salam2: brother i hope you find this site beneficial and gain knowledge inshallah . msashallah its very good that you have been doing your prayers ...its one most essential part of being a practicing muslims. My advice to us is to learn arbic so u can read quran in Arabic..
i know for fact many Australians bro/sis have come to islam.

palestine

Servant of Allah
asalamu alykum. Mashallah that you've acknowledged your mistakes and regret it that now you are making an improvement. Just remember to do things for the sake of Allah and not for anyone else. remember akhira and death when you do something that isn't right. no matter how hard it may be don't give into other people by letting them lead you astray. choose your friends, the ones who love you because ur muslim and who themselves love islam and are practicing. remember to be respectful of everyone young or old because they are humans with feelings just like you. remember that you are of the generation that has a chance to make a difference, so correct the things that are wrong by doing it kindly and in an organized way and becareful of what you say and do. read the stories of the sahabas(companions of the prophet s.a.w). got to go, maybe more later salam(peace)

another_brother

Thankyou all.

Thanks all for your meaningful and polite comments.

Insallah i will learn alot from this website and to share views with you guys.

Ive been going to friday praires all my life and have been fasting all my life - but yet just them two isn't enough for allah (swt)

I want to practise and see myself in hajj in the next year or two.

Once again - thankyou all for your generous input.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Assalam aleikum,

Allah Akbar! May Allah guide you, May He give you hidaya..

Your enthousiam reminds me of my beginning :)

May Allah be with you and reward you in abondance for your intentions!

aishah_2304m

peace lover
ur deeds> ur name

asalamualikyum wa rahmutulaahi wa barakatu brother cengiz....der s nuthin 2 do wid ur name its all to do wid ur deeds....at first, i want to congratulate u as u hav da realiziation f bein a practisin muslim inspite of da ups and downs n ur lyk alhamdulilaah!!...insha Allah u ll suceed!

Allah says dat v muslims should enter into da religion of peace dats islam whole heartedly and make our niyah(intention) clear...insha Allah its never too late because Allah says-

But whosoever repents after his crime and does righteous good deeds (by obeying Allah), then verily, Allah will pardon him (accept his repentance). Verily, Allah is Oft*!Forgiving, Most Merciful.(5:39)

Fussilat Ayah 34
وَلَا تَسْتَوِي الْحَسَنَةُ وَلَا السَّيِّئَةُ ادْفَعْ بِالَّتِي هِيَ أَحْسَنُ فَإِذَا الَّذِي بَيْنَكَ وَبَيْنَهُ عَدَاوَةٌ كَأَنَّهُ وَلِيٌّ حَمِيمٌ
The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal. Repel (the evil) with one which is better (i.e. Allah ordered the faithful believers to be patient at the time of anger, and to excuse those who treat them badly), then verily! he, between whom and you there was enmity, (will become) as though he was a close friend.
[Noble Translation]

They like to) listen to falsehood, to devour anything forbidden. So if they come to you (O Muhammad ), either judge between them, or turn away from them. If you turn away from them, they cannot hurt you in the least. And if you judge, judge with justice between them. Verily, Allah loves those who act justly.(5:42)

It is those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah and worship none but Him Alone) and confuse not their belief with Zulm (wrong i.e. by worshipping others besides Allah), for them (only) there is security and they are the guided(6:82)

brother.....understand the shahadah and b firm wid it.....establish salah n read da quran wid understandin...u may refer to-
www.quranexplorer.com
www.quranonline.net

ask Allah(swt) repentence for ur sins and begin a new day insha Allah...and anythin let us knw!...da TTI family s der wid u...

May Allah give u hidayah and forgive u ameen:tti_sister:[/B]