Hi, I've recently accepted Islam...

lderwent

Assalamu alaikum,

I have recently accepted Islam and would love any advice anyone can give me. I am English and it can feel slightly lonely when everyone around me is living the life I just rejected...

Allah hafiz,

Salwa.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Assalamu alaikum,

I have recently accepted Islam and would love any advice anyone can give me. I am English and it can feel slightly lonely when everyone around me is living the life I just rejected...

Allah hafiz,

Salwa.

Mashallah :) welcome to Islam sis :)

inshallah u wont feel lonely :) all ur brothers and sisters are here for u :) to help u out

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Assalamu alaikum,

Allah hafiz,

Salwa.
Wa'alykum salaam (Peace unto you too),

Welcome to TTI forum; and we welcome to Islam, of course. :) Hope you find the Peace you been always looking for in this religon. Ameen.

Here are several reverts from around the world and few are from UK as well. Insha'Allah you won't feel lonely at all.

Enjoy learning Islam. Take care new Muslimah sister.
- Your brother in Islam, BinKhadija

2cool

have patience. don't rush into everything.

ok.

if u really believe this is a real legitimate person, if u really believe an English can ever accept islam in 2009 without having any ulterior motive, then fine by me.

i'll just believe it when i see it.

BinKhadija

An Akhu
have patience. don't rush into everything.

ok.

if u really believe this is a real legitimate person, if u really believe an English can ever accept islam in 2009 without having any ulterior motive, then fine by me.

i'll just believe it when i see it.
Yep of course, I do consider it normal because I pray shoulder-to-shoulder with them at my local mosque. It goes for here as well; many new Muslims from various backgrounds join TurnToIslam.com because they want to learn about Islam by joining this Forum, and so forth.

You do take your time believing in this though. :D You've never met any (English) Muslims in real life it suggests?

nizar83

aselemu aleikum brother..
its ironic...you said i quote"the life i rejected" maybe its better to say the life you escaped from..by ALLAH's mercy and guidance..

brother you might have lost some friends...and some routine activities...but you have gained PLENTY of brothers and sisters in religion..and you have gained the best acitivity a human being can have: ibaada!

2cool

nopes haven't met any English muslims. just heard about Abdul Hakim Murad.

i heard about polish and other nationalities coming to islam. some french people also. some blacks, african origins coming to islam.

but i have never met an English muslim. I will believe it when I see one. until then...i don't think any english are becoming muslim.

BinKhadija

An Akhu

i heard about polish and other nationalities coming to islam. some french people also. some blacks, african origins coming to islam.

but i have never met an English muslim. I will believe it when I see one. until then...i don't think any english are becoming muslim.
OK, okay. Hope you break out of the shell soon! :)

And I am sure you are here to learn about Islam, aren't you?!
Take care

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Dear sister Salwa, Assalaamu Alaykum. Welcome to Islam and to the forum. Best advice I can humbly give you is to surround yourself with good Muslims both in real life and online and keep learning and proceed at your own pace but without neglect.

May God bless you and us and keep our faith strong and keep guiding us along His straight path.

X2

Salaamalaikum

I want to congratulate you on choosing the true way of life. Seek Allah's help, Allah will make everything easy for you. :)

Please ask questions and participate in this forum and Insha'Allah (with the grace of Allah), you would find us all helpful and warm.

May Allah subhaan waa taala reward you abundantly and shower his mercy and blessings upon you. Ameen.

Oh and Welcome to TTI... :SMILY139:

Walaikumsalaam waa rahmatullahi (may the peace and mercy of Allah be upon you)

2cool

how can i learn about islam when there are no sheikhs on this website?

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

You should check out our 'New Muslim Video' section.

Also, the Creator of the heavens and the earth guides the one who are seeking the truth with sincerity and good intentions. Their nationality, ethnicity, race, color , gender etc doesn't matter, truth knows no bounds.

Peace. :)

sarahlou

Asalam Alaikum, Why wouldnt you believe that an english person could except Islam? I am a white american woman and i just took my shahadah almost two weeks ago (P.s. I didn't except Islam for a man).Do you believe that?(lol). One thing I love about Islam is there is no nationalism. Just because they are born into western society doesn't mean they can't be muslim.

BinKhadija

An Akhu
You should check out our 'New Muslim Video' section.

Also, the Creator of the heavens and the earth guides the one who are seeking the truth with sincerity and good intentions. Their nationality, ethnicity, race, color , gender etc doesn't matter, truth knows no bounds.

Peace. :)
Well said, akhi BrotherInIslam7! Islam is for no particular race or region, but whole humankind.

May Allah bless you always. :)

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Asalam Alaikum, Why wouldnt you believe that an english person could except Islam? I am a white american woman and i just took my shahadah almost two weeks ago (P.s. I didn't except Islam for a man).Do you believe that?(lol). One thing I love about Islam is there is no nationalism. Just because they are born into western society doesn't mean they can't be muslim.

:salam2:

Congratulations sister ! May Allah swt reward you abundantly and accept your good intentions from you Ameen.

May Allah swt shower hs mercy and blessings upon you and make everything easy for you. Ameen.

Please feel free to ask you any questions. :) I hope you find us all helpful here at TTI Insha'Allah.

:wasalam: