Hi my name is Kat:

Katintransit

Hello Everyone!

I am new here. Allow me to tell you a few things about myself. I am an African American female oginally from San Diego CA but now reside in Dallas Texas (2 years). I don't have many friends here but I work full time and am thankful for that. I have always been seeking the muslim faith for as long as I could remember. A few of my close friends are muslim and I would always ask questions about their faith. I began reading on the faith and the similarities between the things that I believed in started becoming very clear.

My next step is to find individuals here in Texas that can help guide me to seek the knowledge I need. I seek Allah daily these days. I did not always and my life had spiraled out of control for many years before my current decision. I have gone through alot in my 35 years and I want peace in my life and I know I will find that in the Muslim faith.

I have found one Islamic Center in my area, and I want to walk in but I'm a little bashful, not because I'm embarassed about changing my faith but because I'll be going alone. Like I said before this is all new to me. I feel bashful just writing this in a forum (smile). I want to ask my mother to go with me but she was brought up Southern Baptist and wouldn't understand my decision. Neither would the rest of my family.

Does anyone have any ideas for me. Are they groups that meet up here in Dallas? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and it's nice to meet you all in advance!

Kat:hearts:

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Hi Kat,

Welcome to the site and I'm really glad to have you here. I pray that Allaah swt hasten your reversion and make it easy for you AMEEN. I'm not from Texas, not even from the US :D so all I can advise you is to ask your Muslim friends to go with you as you mentioned you have Muslim friends. Atleast you know them and comfortable being around them. Insha Allaah our bros/sisters from Dallas would reply and might give you some useful information in no time, just stick around! :)

Katintransit

Thank you hurul-ein, so much for your reply and the link. I appreciate that. My friends actually still live back in California but I will ask them even more questions via phone, but it would be so nice if they were here, but I'm so thankful I found this website. There are reasons for everthing.

Thank you!
Kat (Katina)

Bluegazer

Hello Kat,

Welcome to this forum. I hope you find this site informative.

Please click on the following link. It contains some documentaries about Islam. It's really an eye-opener. Please watch all the videos there and read the disclaimers I wrote. One of the videos there is actually about converts to Islam in Texas [and some of these converts are from Dallas]:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88428&postcount=5

Also, click on the following link to read some books about Islam:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=116206&postcount=5

Regards,

Bluegazer

Salaam Kat,

Welcome to the global family, inshallah (God willing) your will find TTI resourceful and beneficial. Please do not hesitate to ask ANY questions/concerns/problems you might have.

Use this site to find local masjids in your area:

www.islamicfinder.org

You can call the masjid ahead and let them know you want to come in. Just make sure you at least perform abulation or take a shower, dress modest and wear a scarf. They are very friendly people trust me. You will encounter warm and friendly sisters, maybe you can even get acquainted with them.

May Allah swt help you find peace and tranquility in your journey

arabiantxn

hello Katintransit

Salaam aliqum kat welcome to turntoislam.com kat I am also in the dfw area although I don’t know any sisters who can accompany you off hand, but that should be a problem. I would suggest that try to find as much as you can online. Ask us questions here and in the masjid. In Islam there is no such thing as you can only go to this mosque or that mosque. Masjid is the house of Allah you are welcome to go their when you wish no one will stop you I promise. You can simply go in and say I want to observe you guys pray or just hang around should be not a problems. Again I am pretty sure we have other people who also live in the Dallas forth worth area who can help you better but as for if you want any info don’t hesitate to ask. –
Take care,
Mustafa
*no emails please*

zaid6236

:salam2: hello kat, nice to have you. You know how to be near to Allah is by reading Quran whether in arabic or translation. See that might help you. Learn and think.:wasalam: :)

mutaqoon

Glad to know your interest in Islam. I don't know where exactly you are in Texas. Islamicfinder.org is a pretty good site for starters.

Also one of the most popular masjid in Texas is in Dallas - http://irvingmasjid.org/

You can contact them and ask about any masjids around your area as well. I am sure they have sisters program and sisters who would be willing to help you out.

Hope you have a good time!

faithful-flask

Hi Kat !
I wish I be there to make with you the first step & support you , but if you have good muslim friends yeah one of them can go with you , please don't feel shy about this , all what i can do now is i'll pray for you & I can be good true friend to you :) wish you all the best good lovely peaceful things ! Amen... :) :) :)

nazir

Greetings kat,
Nice to hear from you and i pray that Allah Guides you firmly upon the Straight and Illuminated Path to prosperity and success. I am nowhere near the U S of A, but wherever we all are from here on TTI our prayers and hearts go out for you! May Allah bless you. Remember, bashfulness is a good characteristic, but don't let it prevent you from asking questions, and embracing your natural disposition.
Take care

Katintransit

Thank you All!

I would like to thank you all for the wonderful welcome. Everyone is so supportive on here.

Hugs, Kat (Katina):shymuslima1:

loveislam1

Asalam Alikoum
Mashallah I am so happy t hear about your interest in Islam may ALLAh subhana wa ta'ala continue to give you right guidance, I am also a convert of 9 years, is there any chance you get to come to fort worth? If so I would be ahppy to meet with you, mashallah we have a wonderful community, I would love to be of any assistance possible.

huda2

:salam2:

Welcome sis alhamdulilaah I'm so happy fr u, dont be shy take the first step and u will be glad u did it. We are here fr u sis. I will make duaa fr u insha allaah welcome again.:tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister:

:wasalam:

Katintransit

Thank you so much. Yes I am actually in Arlington so I'm close to Fort Worth. What is the name of where you go to worship? Or also the name of the community center, etc.

Hugs, Kat