Hillary, Obama Court Jewish Vote

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

For your information:
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/...94874299&pagename=Zone-English-News/NWELayout

Both Clinton and Obama are vying to become the favorite candidate of the powerful Jewish community.

CAIRO — The two leading contenders for the Democratic presidential ticket are courting American Jews, pledging full support and protection to Israel and firm stance against its foes, The Washington Times reported on Wednesday, March 14.
"I need your help," Senator Hillary Clinton told delegates of the American Israel Public Affair Committee (AIPAC), the most powerful pro-Israel lobby in the US.

She pledged that Israel will have her utter support as a president.

"Israel's freedom, Israel's democracy must be protected," Clinton told the cheering crowd.

Not very far from where she was standing, her main challenger Senator Barack Obama was also busy making similar pro-Israel promises.

"Our job is to renew the effort to help Israel achieve peace with its neighbors while remaining vigilant against those who do not share this vision," said the first African-American to enter a presidential bid.

"That effort begins with a clear and strong commitment to the security of Israel, our strongest ally in the region and its only established democracy."

Using the same language at points, the two hopefuls separately promised the Jewish lobbyists to contain Iran, Israel's arch foe enemy.

Founded in 1953, AIPAC's original name was the American Zionist Committee for Public Affairs.
Its stated purpose is to lobby the Congress on issues and legislation that are in the best interests of Israel and the US.

AIPAC has been effective in gaining support for Israel among members of Congress and White House administrations.

In 1987, The New York Times described AIPAC as "a major force in shaping United States policy in the Middle East."

"The organization has gained power to influence a presidential candidate's choice of staff, to block practically any arms sale to an Arab country and to serve as a catalyst for intimate military relations between the Pentagon and the Israeli army."

Pivotal

Clinton and Obama are battling to win favor with the American Jewish population, estimated at 6.4 million or 2 percent of the population.

So far, ex-New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani, a contender for the Republican presidential ticket, seems to be the Jews' favorite.

He ranked above all the other 2008 hopefuls in a list compiled lately by the Israeli newspaper Haaretz for his stance on Jewish issues.

"Israel and the security of Israel are pivotal and it will have a direct impact on the security of the United States," argued Julie Brown, a delegate to AIPAC from Los Angeles.

"The candidates recognize the importance of that and the impact the Jewish vote will have on the election."

Jewish voters are estimated to be 2 to 3 percent of the American electorate.

"Never before have my interests as a supporter of Israel and my interests as an American been so closely aligned," Lloyd Levin, a Jewish voter from Milwaukee, told the Times.

There are 43 Jewish lawmakers in the Democrats-controlled Congress, many of them chairing key congressional committees such as the House International Relations Committee (HIRC) and the Senate's Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.

A year ago, two prominent American professors released a study showing that the US has been willing to set aside its own security and that of many of its allies to advance Israeli interests.

They attributed this to pressures from Jewish American groups and influential Jewish neo-conservatives.

Salaam,

This is not a one hit wonder. Obama & Clinton are both pro-Israeli. However, Hillary Clinton is the favorite for the Jewish community.

warda A

Sister
Salaam,

This is not a one hit wonder. Obama & Clinton are both pro-Israeli. However, Hillary Clinton is the favorite for the Jewish community.

i agree with you
at least obama says peace with their neigbours unlike hilary,
i wouldnt vote for her , she has been pro neocon from before,
obama seems more liberal towards israel than her.

jewish population in america is also misled about the safety of israel like all americans by the media controlled by neo cons.
i usually get angry when they talk about the safety of a country that is annihilating another , who is defenceless?
and they have nuks too

Inshallah

Obama said he would talk to the leaders of Iran, Syria & N Korea. Clinton said nothing of the sort. Obama seems more open-minded. Clinton would sell her soul to the Devil to get elected.... I don't think Obama would. Plus, Obama has a Muslim influence in his past :SMILY149:

You make the call.......

warda A

Sister
was

Obama said he would talk to the leaders of Iran, Syria & N Korea. Clinton said nothing of the sort. Obama seems more open-minded. Clinton would sell her soul to the Devil to get elected.... I don't think Obama would. Plus, Obama has a Muslim influence in his past :SMILY149:

You make the call.......

His father was a muslim and he was brought up as one till he was 6 years old and he returned to the USA with his mum who was a christian, the rest you know...........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barak_obama

Faiza619

Strangers on earth
no to both

You make the call.......

:salam2:

If senator Obama is ready to ask for help from the Israelis as said by sister Mirajmom ((for a price Definitely)), Then he is no better than Hillary.
I think all USA Muslims should just vote for Ron Paul. He is the open minded one

:wasalam:

Mohammad87

obama is actually speaking at my college today..I was going to go but then I decided not to, I don't like any of the people running for president..they all bow down to he Zionists...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

But Ron Paul has voiced his plans and they are more agreeable for Muslims. This is a no-brainer.

Mohammad87

you know I havent really checked out ron paul that much..I need to look into his views more..but I just feel that no matter who gets the votes they will be leading a country that has been one of the greatest creators of terror against other people around the world...I just want to see major change..for example which one of the candidates are going to end the occupation of Palestine?? I havent heard anything from anyone mentioning Palestine..

dianek

you know I havent really checked out ron paul that much..I need to look into his views more..but I just feel that no matter who gets the votes they will be leading a country that has been one of the greatest creators of terror against other people around the world...I just want to see major change..for example which one of the candidates are going to end the occupation of Palestine?? I havent heard anything from anyone mentioning Palestine..

The US does not occupy Palestine. Unfortunately I don't think we can do anything to Israel to force them to either. Unless we occupy Israel......wouldn't that be FUNNY!

Ron Paul looks like a great candidate but he is not very visible and is not getting many caucus votes. I think he will only serve to pull some possible Republican votes away from its front runners to the benefit of the Dems.

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
:salam2:

They have sold themselves for a filthy price

You know.... I hat this darn country when it comes to Health care and Palestaien and Israel isssue. I was for Barack but I don't even feeling like voting.... I am not sure what I am register under. I was democratic but I recently did a change of address and change it to independent but I might try to get it change again.

those people who assist in genocide of palestinans are surely to burn in the hellfire...insha'allah:tti_sister: