Homosexuality

apocalypse77

One of my best friends happen to be gay and happens to get more attracted to guys.He told me hes been this way since he was 4 years old and he didnt know it was haraam until he reach his late teens and he still havent come out of the closet from his parents.While I told him its haraam and he shld stop it, he told me he tried to but he just couldnt.It seems that he even went to the extend of "forcing" himself to like a girl and stop looking at men.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salam,

Spritually, we are not really physical. If we look at quantum physics we realize there is always a layer under what we persume to know. We know a cell is composed of the membrane, nucleous, mitchocorndria, rna, dna, yada, yada, yada...however we are uncertain at what point it becomes non-material...sprit..there is no conculsive evidence that there really is gentetic phenotypes..it is still THEORY...test tube stuff...
we label our world to give us reference points...I am me and you are not me you are you.
so you ask what does that have to do with homosexuality. Allah did not place us on Earth to waste time; He has a plan for us. While on earth we are in training for our eternal life. psychologically speaking ..we eat, we sleep, we have shelter before we can elevate ourselves to the next level...procreation is an intergal part of our training ...however, homosexuality is stuck in the physical aspects of procreation...the lust, the immediate gratification of desire..procreation is the passing on of the Love for Allah...as we rear children we begin to forget our needs and place the needs of them before us...this is another step in our spritual training...as we become grandparents..we love more and needs less..
homosexuality is holding on to the physical..i will be bold to state..it is a retradation of the spritual journey..think for a moment...our spritual masters gave up everything for the Love of Allah...homosexuals are stuck on meeting their physcial needs at all times..how...they have defined themsevles as a group of people who will remain physical ( animilistic) at all times.
They have stopped the spritual journey by labeling themselves as physical creatures surrending to thier lust...
by thier own definition ( limited will) they have limited the physical journey to the eternal journey...
gentics...no matter what a man + a woman nine months later will yield a human neonate...homosexuality is against the Laws of Allah. Thank you for reading my post. I pray I have been truthful.

BlueFish

Salam,

Spritually, we are not really physical. If we look at quantum physics we realize there is always a layer under what we persume to know. We know a cell is composed of the membrane, nucleous, mitchocorndria, rna, dna, yada, yada, yada...however we are uncertain at what point it becomes non-material...sprit..there is no conculsive evidence that there really is gentetic phenotypes..it is still THEORY...test tube stuff...
we label our world to give us reference points...I am me and you are not me you are you.
so you ask what does that have to do with homosexuality. Allah did not place us on Earth to waste time; He has a plan for us. While on earth we are in training for our eternal life. psychologically speaking ..we eat, we sleep, we have shelter before we can elevate ourselves to the next level...procreation is an intergal part of our training ...however, homosexuality is stuck in the physical aspects of procreation...the lust, the immediate gratification of desire..procreation is the passing on of the Love for Allah...as we rear children we begin to forget our needs and place the needs of them before us...this is another step in our spritual training...as we become grandparents..we love more and needs less..
homosexuality is holding on to the physical..i will be bold to state..it is a retradation of the spritual journey..think for a moment...our spritual masters gave up everything for the Love of Allah...homosexuals are stuck on meeting their physcial needs at all times..how...they have defined themsevles as a group of people who will remain physical ( animilistic) at all times.
They have stopped the spritual journey by labeling themselves as physical creatures surrending to thier lust...
by thier own definition ( limited will) they have limited the physical journey to the eternal journey...
gentics...no matter what a man + a woman nine months later will yield a human neonate...homosexuality is against the Laws of Allah. Thank you for reading my post. I pray I have been truthful.

Asalamu alakum,

Only God knows the certain truth behind this phenomenon (that is what i will call it), but I agree with your theory. I am actually glad you have expressed your view in the gentle, and mature way. For my way is not so gentle.

Peace.

justoneofmillion

did you read my mind brother

Asalamu alakum,

Ha Ha Ha! Excuse me, please forgive me. Oh man, the people out there who are
homosexuals take so much ridicule for there choice it is rediculous. I don't know why they choose to go against nature, I think maybe it is a materialistic pleasure preferance that they manipulate their selves into believing they were born that way. LOL! I think it is funny because well... they are homosexuals, ha ha ha, i know i am mean. Look, to make a long story short, in the art world there are alot of different types of people. There happened to be some "gays" I had to deal with when I had an exhibit in an art show. I did not realise or did i want to know when i first got involved that there were a few of them managing the show. It is difficult dealing with them come to find out, especially the wealthy ones. They always seem to revolve around money and ritz. But thank Allah, I made it out and learned some lessons about people.
I just try to stay away from them. It is uncomfortable for me to be around homosexuals, well because... they are homosexuals. You brought this up here at a Islamic site, I am sure some one posted the verses from Quran about sexual rights for men and woman. If not someone should, because the Quran clearly forbids homosexuality, so does the Old testiment. The human race wouldn't survive if the world was homo. And I am done with this. But wait check this video out, Ahmed Deedat talks about "gays", he makes some good points and its funny. Deedat is amazing, may he rest in peace with the mercy of Allah.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzCLQ6sGHfo

PEACE!

assalamu aleikum,òh man i can`t believe it bro ! i posted that too! hilarious!the one on google however is better emphasised. jazakallah

[vg]-7198131202643066388[/vg]

wassalam

sindbad

justoneofmillion

Salam,

assalamu aleikum, thanks for posting sister mirajmom!...lol:lol:
ps: you owe me money though!just kidding:p

wassalam

Sindbad

Sahal

Dear NE2007

Asslamua'laikum wr wb

May Allah protect us all from the said fitnah...

Anyway, just to comment on the Nutmeg.. you see, we cannot claim something which is halal to be haram... ( i know you didn't say it is haram, so please do not be offended, but you some sort of told us to stay away from it)

And so I dont believe we shud stay away from nutmeg. Allah created the nutmeg and so far as I know there is no hadith to forbidding us from eating this seed . Afwan. I'm sorry.

One more thing brother.. I hope you take care while meeting these homosexual people brother, like what you mention.

Be careful... because we may get influenced (Na'udzubILLAH). I think ordinary people should stay away from them, unless you are doing da'wah....

Just concerned brother. Be careful, OK?. Because I see more and more people claiming that they are gay. Na'udzubILLAH. It is indeed an infectious disease, like what you suggested.

O Allah protect me, O Allah protect my children... O Allah protect the muslim youth. O Allah, I am afraid of the time of my children.. I am afraid that this fahsha' might be so widespread...O Allah protect our children from this dispicable and detestable crime.. O Allah, to You we ask protection. So big is the trial of this zaman (time) and the zaman of our children.....

Sonia88

:salam2:

It seems that our muslims brother in todays society have become so afraid of being called gay, they dont show each other any love.On saturday i went 2 a lecture and it was given by Jalal Ud'in and he asked the guys in the audience 2 embrace, and they just sat there, he goes i'll say it agen 4 the sake of Allah embrace the brother sitting next to you. and they seriously could not do it a few did but not many, they are so against showing any emotions towards each other and he was saying that you should be able to do that much with your brothers, oyu should love each other for the sake of Allah. the guys really need to work on themselves.

MOHAMMEDFALIQ

SALAM WA AALYKUM

I think Homosexuality is not genetic, but the way how the parents raised their children. My mom told me that she knew a friend who let her son wear dresses and all and by the age of 10 everyone noticed his homosexuality.

Halloween Harry

Homosexuality is a burden placed on mankind by GOD. There is NOTHING WRONG with being gay.

There is a burden on the person to live his life in the way God has instructed us, and indeed there is a burden on society to accept, understand and help homosexuals with this burden, not to persecute and scapegoat them.

How many things are better than homosexuals that struggle against their desires and choose to start families in the way prescribed by God and not give in to their desires ???

You see, the west champions homosexuality as a feat of courage to come out of the closet and lead a homosexual life.

In Islam, the easy part should be recognizing this burden & getting help from your family, the hard part, is living a heterosexual life for the sake of God.

We should be championing homosexual muslims that make the courageous & life-long choice of God over homosexuality.

Unfortunately, we tend to persecute people who are gay, insisting that someone who says he is gay MUST also be engaged in sexual activity !!!! I feel that because of this, its us that force the choice out of peoples' hands and make it an all or nothing scenario.

As I said, there is nothing wrong with being gay, you have been created that way. The problems arise in the choices you make; do you choose to lead a homosexual life for yourself or heterosexual life for God ?

ShyHijabi

As I said, there is nothing wrong with being gay, you have been created that way.

How do you know a person is created gay? Only Allah knows how He creates a person, do you any Hadith or Quranic reference to back this very generalized message? There is very much wrong with being gay, according to Islam it is a sin and must not be acted upon. Zinah is also a sin, you don't see us saying "Oh it's okay to have sex outside of marriage, we were made to have sex."

I do not believe homosexuals should be scape goated nor persecute them, but I do not feel we should normalize it either. If we see a brother or sister committing a wrong we are supposed to approach them gently and correct the bahavior, not judge them.

~Sarah

Halloween Harry

Salam,

How do you know a person is created gay? Only Allah knows how He creates a person, do you any Hadith or Quranic reference to back this very generalized message?

No, I have none. My assumption is based on increasing scientific evidence, the burdens put on us and our free will to choose right from wrong.

Of course I will always give up my position immediately if someone can correct me with quranic/hadith references.

There is very much wrong with being gay, according to Islam it is a sin and must not be acted upon. Zinah is also a sin, you don't see us saying "Oh it's okay to have sex outside of marriage, we were made to have sex."

We need to differentiate the person from the act.
Is it wrong to struggle against urges that you cannot control ?
or
Is it wrong to indulge in these urges.

I believe that indulging in homosexual acts is what is wrong.

What I'm trying to say is, that you may be a gay person but that doesn't mean you should indulge in homosexuality. You have a choice.

You have the will and obligation to struggle against it throughout your life.
This is a choice.

Zinah is also a sin, you don't see us saying "Oh it's okay to have sex outside of marriage, we were made to have sex."

Thank you ! Precisely. I'm heterosexual and my eyes & mind sometimes do stray. I struggle to control my urges for women in the same way a homosexual ought to struggle to control his urges for men.

I chose to start a family for God, and so can a homosexual choose God over his own urges.

So in comparison, my being a lust-filled person that exerts a daily effort to live in Allah's way, does not mean I'm a bad person because of my burden. rather, my choices define my actions and ultimately the path I choose.

I do not believe homosexuals should be scape goated nor persecute them, but I do not feel we should normalize it either. If we see a brother or sister committing a wrong we are supposed to approach them gently and correct the bahavior, not judge them.

I agree completely, but let us differentiate between homosexuals that indulge in homosexual activity for their own gain from the ones that refrain from these powerful urges.

fwiw, I have a friend that is gay. I can't tell you how many times we have sat & talked about this over many many years. He cries alot about this and sometimes he feels like the burden is too great. But he is such a devout guy that he does not give up. He doesn't want to "be gay", but he is. Mentally he is attracted to men, but he does everything he can to never act on this.

When we were younger, he would break down from the pressure, the only things that could console him was 1. the fact that he knew his struggle was for God and 2. that he had never let himself indulge in anything he would regret for 15 years (our age at the time).

He did better than me, because I regrettably did indulge in women whereas he was able to control himself.

He's one of my heroes because everyday he struggles with this, and everyday he chooses God over himself. He has started a family & they are expecting their first child in 4 months.

The message is that people like him are around, but they cannot even tell their families about their struggle.

Bilal Ahmed

Islam my way of life
Halloween Harry,

by read what u said seem like your a really open minded guy. alot of people have expressed their feelin and opinition on this matter but there wont many that made a point like you did. i agree with you, everything we do in life sure be according to the commants of Allah swt, people are tested i different ways and its up to that person, would they obey Allah swt and do good and live life according to the Qur'an and sunnah's or would they disobey Allah swt and do as they pleases.

One more thing Allah swt its the All Knowing, the All Wise, so Allah swt will know what a person will be like before they are even born, and Allah swt wont will not give a burdon grater then you any cope with, Everything in life is given by Allah swt weath it be good or bad, so i dont know if people are born gay or its jus the way they been brought up as long as they know its sinful and willing to do whatever they can for the sake of obeying Allah swt, then Allah swt is the Most Mericful, the Most Kind and All Forgiving and Allah swt will guide whom ever put their hands in the air and ask's Allah swt for guidances.

IbnAlAawam

Homosexuality is a burden placed on mankind by GOD. There is NOTHING WRONG with being gay

As I said, there is nothing wrong with being gay, you have been created that way. The problems arise in the choices you make; do you choose to lead a homosexual life for yourself or heterosexual life for God ?

It is noble fo someone with homosexual feelings not to act upon them, I believe we all agree on that, but I think you are making unjustified and unjust claims.

Blasphmy:
n. pl. blas·phe·mies 1. a. A contemptuous or profane act, utterance, or writing concerning God or a sacred entity.b. The act of claiming for oneself the attributes and rights of God.2. An irreverent or impious act, attitude, or utterance in regard to something considered inviolable or sacrosanct.

Allah says: “Whatever of good befalls you, it is from Allah; and whatever of ill befalls you, it is from yourself.” [Surah al-Nisa’: 79]

The American Psychological Association says:

Various theories have proposed differing sources for sexual orientation.…However, many scientists share the view that sexual orientation is shaped for most people at an early age through complex interactions of biological, psychological and social factors. (From the APA’s booklet, “Answers to Your Questions About Sexual Orientation and Homosexuality”)

The national organization PFLAG offers a booklet prepared with the assistance of Dr. Clinton Anderson of the American Psychological Association. Entitled, “Why Ask Why? Addressing the Research on Homosexuality and Biology,” the pamphlet says:

To date, no researcher has claimed that genes can determine sexual orientation. At best, researchers believe that there may be a genetic component. No human behavior, let alone sexual behavior, has been connected to genetic markers to date.…Sexuality, like every other behavior, is undoubtedly influenced by both biological and societal factors.

Maybe you should read the first posts before posting:

Refutation of those who excuse homosexuals on the grounds that this is the way they were created

Question:
Salaam. I'm not gay but I'm just wondering from a moral standpoint that since homosexuality is forbidden under Islam, what would happen to gay or lesbian individuals? A lot of gay and lesbians say that their sexual orientation is natural and they are born gay. Assuming that they are correct since straight people don't know, if homosexuality is outlawed in Islam then why would Allah make them that way so that their existence is a tortured and sexually frustrated way?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

We do not agree with their claim that their sexual orientation is natural; rather it is a distortion of nature. Allaah counted their deed as wrongdoing and immoral, and He sent upon the people of Lut a punishment the like of which no other nation had seen. He also tells us that this punishment is not ever far from the wrongdoers.

Their claim that their orientation is natural serves only to propagate and spread immorality, and it is just an excuse for them. Many of them change their appearance so as to look odd, so how can we say that this is how they were created?

Allaah does not create anyone just to punish or torture them. He created mankind to worship Him, but He may try His slaves with hardship as a test of their faith, to expiate for their sins and to raise their status. Allaah is too Just to force a person to commit sin and then punish him. On the contrary, people commit sins by their own free choice – like these perverted people – and it is for this that they deserve to be punished. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“and your Lord treats no one with injustice” [al-Kahf 18:49]

And Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Nay, Allaah never commands Fahshaa’ (evil deeds, unlawful sexual intercourse). Do you say of Allaah what you know not?” [al-A’raaf 7:28]

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

visionusman

being content
Assalamualaikum,

I have a question regarding this subject. Islamically, are people born like this or does Satan make people like this? There is more and more proof that it is genetic and that it is NOT someone's choice. Granted there are people who "experiment". What do you guys think?

And, are we supposed to hate people who are like this? I don't know the answer but I dont' think we're supposed to hate them or discriminate against them. I dont know. What is the "Islamic" view on this?
That's very interesting. But I'm afraid there is not even a shred of evidence that homosexuality is genetic. It is all a farce. What kind of evidence do they talk about? Such scientific evidence needs to be properly scrutinised before it can be accepted and in most cases it is very very dubious indeed. They can tell u whatever they want. Much of which is not true.

For instance how do they not know that the brain changes they have noted (also quite dubious by the way), is not due to the fact that they are homosexuals or think like gays, rather than the cause of them being gays? My point is that the changes might be after the individuals had become gays rather than before they had acted on being homosexual; if u get what i mean. All this evidence is total crap. Does not stand the tests of any scientific crietria. I bet had it been the same kind of evidence proving paedophilia, it wouldn't even have been mentioned. Now unfortunately the can of worms has been opened and everything will be mentioned even when the so called evidence is dubious and can not be proven one way or the other. In my school days they used to call such theories as hypotheses rather than theories as they had not been proven. They never can be proven because they are soo dubios. I invite you to please look at the so called evidence yourself with an inquisitive scientific mind and u'll know it's all a farce. What about paedophiles then? Maybe they are also born with it. In fact maybe u just can't blame any one for any thing. They are probably born with it.

Wulf

Salaam
I have read with interest what has been submitted here.

Whereas I must agree that the argument for "Born Homosexuality" is flawed, It is equally true that some people are born with a predominance of male/female hormones, creating an imbalance opposite to their gender. However in saying this, I accept that human sexuality is a result of social and environmental issues during childhood and that the "Practice" of homosexuality comes down to a matter of the individual's choice.

I do know of an instance where the "Born" scenario may come into question. A young friend of my Daughter is, by all intents and purposes a Male. However he is faced with the worst possible scenario. His father is Muslim, of Arabic ancestry, his Mother is an Australian Aborigine. His father left the day after his son was born. The boy has an Islamic name, but he has shunned all religion because he was born hermaphrodite and blames religion for his fathers rejection. No attempt has been made for gender assignment.
He is a male with predominant female hormone levels and both male and female physical attributes. Shunned by many on religious grounds, tormented by others.

What is his place in Islam?

W'Asalaam

apocalypse77

the problem with homosexuals now is, there are some who have practically "FORCE" themselves to love the opposite sex because of their GOD FEARING nature . Now the issue is how are they gonna PRO CREATE and satisfy their partner?

This is the problem face by homosexuals who are trying so hard to turn straight back again

I sense that there is still certain kind of discrimination against the homosexuals here.Not that its bad but the thing is, do you thing those GOD feaing homos esp like the fact when theyre gay in the first place?

I have a friend who is a homosexual and you know what?I gave my heart out to him when he went to the extend of "forcing" himself to like a girl because he is afraid of Allah and he pray that he can turn back straight.We should give them the moral support for this step that theyre taking rather than taking potshots at them

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salam,

The question you pose deserves a serious and scholary reply.
Please ask a scholar for the correct answer.

However, as a Muslim I need to state, should you want read my reply, the choice of worshipping Allah has nothing to do with our physical state. In many senses this young person has a blessing. Think of Job.
His father did not leave because of his son. His father left because it was a choice the father made. It was a poor choice. The son has the choice of ascending to a higher plane;
We are all given life and the will to worship Allah. The condition we are given to employ our will does not matter. We can not dwell on our physcialness ( poor choice of words). Some are born tall, short, fat, thin, blind, deaf, one limb missing, but we are born to worship Allah.
Many choose to worhip money, lust, you name it and they find a way to worship it.
Some say they worship false gods as a sense of security...
A few live their lives to worship Allah...just because the Creator and Cherisher of the Worlds gave us life.
Our physical beings are not a ture state..
Under all conditions and at all times...we must be grateful to Allah and trust in HIs wisdom and He continues to shower us with His Blessings.
Truth lies in the heart of a man; beauty resides in his heart and the niche of Love is there...Islam does not shun the creation of Allah but Muslims celebrate the praises of Allah with all of Allahs creation. His creation is perfect.

Jihan

Harrry halloween what is being discuss here is ppl actually going ahead with their desires and lusting after their own gender. If someone were to feel a certain way towards their own gender and they urge themselves to forget about that by saying a'udhu billahi then subhanaAllah; Allah gives rewards to those who stop themselves from sin. We don't know what's in ppl's minds so we wouldn't know what some ppl are thinking and we wouldn't know about the person who stopping themselves from the sin we only know about the ppl who went ahead with the sin of lusting after their own gender. Just like we don't know who is stopping themselves from committing zinnah, but we usually know who's going around with a boyfriend/girlfriend. But it wouldn't be right to say there's nothing wrong with that,because there is nothing wrong with stopping yourself, but there is something wrong with going ahead with the sin and finding excuses.