Housedecoration: who's job- women or man?

I.Iman

Who is in charge over housedecoration at Home. Are a women aloud to "decorate" the house as she please?

If the husband does not like it and puts it in the Garbagetrail, is this ok?

Salam Aleykom wa ramatullah wa barakato and Jazakallah khair

esperanza

revert of many years
Who is in charge over housedecoration at Home. Are a women aloud to "decorate" the house as she please?

If the husband does not like it and puts it in the Garbagetrail, is this ok?

Salam Aleykom wa ramatullah wa barakato and Jazakallah khair

salam sister..i do not think anyone person is in charge of this..normally the home is the womans domain,,,but sometimes men enjoy house decoration too,
maybe there was something the husband did not like about the decoration or it was not suitable,,
but such things should be really a joint thing

Noor El-Huda

Oh come on, ...Lol

Shouldn't be either or..

Nothing is nicer than cooperation..

great idea to get him involved prior to decorating, as sister above indicated. Maybe his disapproval is coming because he feels he isn't involved in a positive way. Like only in the irritating time, 'at the payment till' or the boring time where he needs to carry.

For instance decide on the colours together, and if there is a collision in tastes, go for a middle solution that you both like.

kayleigh

Since you both live in it, you should both agree upon it and like it... But pick your battles, lol.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I know I am ancient.

Here we again:

A man loves his home. A wife takes care of the home. So you compromise. Now..sisters..sometimes we get a little silly with our choices of colors and get too too girly...men do not like too much. They do not like clutter or nick nacks all over the place.

Simple...have his space..let him have a room or a space that is all manly man..whatever that means. And you have your space..that is what you like. As for the rest..common sense.

Keep it in the context of Islam and there should be no silly arguments...

We do not have time in life for this..and it is not a job..it is a pleasure therefore it is a blessing.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Assalaam walaikum,

I know I am ancient.

Here we again:

A man loves his home. A wife takes care of the home. So you compromise. Now..sisters..sometimes we get a little silly with our choices of colors and get too too girly...men do not like too much. They do not like clutter or nick nacks all over the place.

Simple...have his space..let him have a room or a space that is all manly man..whatever that means. And you have your space..that is what you like. As for the rest..common sense.

Keep it in the context of Islam and there should be no silly arguments...

We do not have time in life for this..and it is not a job..it is a pleasure therefore it is a blessing.

salam aleikum,

Well said, may Allah reward you dear sister.

:salam2: