How can I explain to my daughter?

Islam_is_true

Salaamu alaykum

I have a problem. My daughter has been acting very strange these days. She is scared of everything. She is always asking me to teach her how to pray and read the quran and she's only 4. When I asked her whats bother her she told me shes afraid of hellfire. The thing is I'm always talking about hellfire and that if you upset Allah thats where you'll go. Now I've scared her too too much. She's always asking me questions about it. What should I do? She's really scared, i can't just say dont worry about it you wont go there because then she'll stop caring and I dont want that.

Okay thanks.
Wasalaamu alaykum

UmmOf3

Wa aleikum salaam sis

Tell her she is a child, and that all children are innocent, until they reach the age of puberty, and that she has nothing to worry about until then...

UmmOf3

Ah, and also, most importantly, teach her Allahs mercy and love, and his beautifull 99 names, before you start talking about punishment. Make her LOVE Allah, and teach her to do good because she loves Allah in her heart, not because she is afraid of the Hellfire.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Salaamu alaykum

I have a problem. My daughter has been acting very strange these days. She is scared of everything. She is always asking me to teach her how to pray and read the quran and she's only 4. When I asked her whats bother her she told me shes afraid of hellfire. The thing is I'm always talking about hellfire and that if you upset Allah thats where you'll go. Now I've scared her too too much. She's always asking me questions about it. What should I do? She's really scared, i can't just say dont worry about it you wont go there because then she'll stop caring and I dont want that.

Okay thanks.
Wasalaamu alaykum

Assalamualikum. Each child should know the reason for them being created. The reason is to worship Allah alone.It is time for your child to learn salah and quran.There is nothing to worry.

Teach her what she needs to learn and must learn.at the age of 4 a child can do athan and can pray in my country. So your child can pray as well :) In sha Allah.

And I (Allâh) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone).
[51. Az-Zâriyât verse 56]

O ye who believe! bow down, prostrate yourselves, and adore your Lord; and do good; that ye may prosper.

[ 22. The Pilgrimage verse 77]

islam_best

Assalaamalaiykum warahmatullahi wabarakaathhu,

Dear sister,

Teach her about Heaven, its joy, happiness , beauty, abt angels, Allah's infinite love and mercy for us and abt the stories of the Prophets (P.B.U.T).May Allah make her and all of us here a true Muslims and grsnt us all Jannatulfirsoun in the hereafter.Ameen Ya Mujeeb.Ameen Ya Allah.Ameen

Wassalaamalaikum warahmatullahi wabarakaathu.

4mMadara2Amina

As Salam Alykom :)

It is nice to know the truth and hellfire and all. The baby is just 4 and it is I think normal reaction of hearing such a things about that place. Even babies who are not Muslims scares of something. Like dark- so they cannot sleep without the light.

I agree the comments above by saying that you should tell about paradise and explain about everything is around. Try to teach her about beauty things, but not forget to mention what will happen if might do something opposite. I think it will be much better than mention only bad seperatly. Children are very smart, but each one need a way to talk =) Wish I could help in this hehe...

Good luck and may ALLAH guide you and your family to the right path! :tti_sister:

UmmOf3

I teach girls between 8 and 13 in a class in the masjid. The older girls begged me to talk about Yawm ul-Qiyama, and then I sendt the 8-10 yrs olds to the other room even...

My 5 yrs old never even heard of Hellfire like that directly. She prays though, when we pray, most of the time, just because she thinks it looks cool lol, but she tries to follow, she knows a couple of surahs, but she dont know everything though. She has a short memory and a short fuse, so we dont push her too hard.

My kids are actually so different like day and night, they each needed their own way of tarbiyah.

4mMadara2Amina

As Salam Alykom :)

I teach girls between 8 and 13 in a class in the masjid. The older girls begged me to talk about Yawm ul-Qiyama, and then I sendt the 8-10 yrs olds to the other room even...

My 5 yrs old never even heard of Hellfire like that directly. She prays though, when we pray, most of the time, just because she thinks it looks cool lol, but she tries to follow, she knows a couple of surahs, but she dont know everything though. She has a short memory and a short fuse, so we dont push her too hard.

My kids are actually so different like day and night, they each needed their own way of tarbiyah.

Fully agree :hearts:

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

This is an excerpt from CHILDREN LEARN WHAT THEY LIVE:

Children Learn What They Live (1998)

by Dorothy Law Nolte (1924 - 2005)

If children live with criticism, they learn to condemn.
If children live with hostility, they learn to fight.
If children live with fear, they learn to be apprehensive.
If children live with pity, they learn to feel sorry for themselves.
If children live with ridicule, they learn to feel shy.
If children live with jealousy, they learn to feel envy.
If children live with shame, they learn to feel guilty.
If children live with encouragement, they learn confidence.
If children live with tolerance, they learn patience.
If children live with praise, they learn appreciation.
If children live with acceptance, they learn to love.
If children live with approval, they learn to like themselves.
If children live with recognition, they learn it is good to have a goal.
If children live with sharing, they learn generosity.
If children live with honesty, they learn truthfulness.
If children live with fairness, they learn justice.
If children live with kindness and consideration, they learn respect.
If children live with security, they learn to have faith in themselves and in those about them.
If children live with friendliness, they learn the world is a nice place in which to live.

BY RONALD RUSSELL

Lessons From Life (1971)

A CHILD that lives with ridicule learns to be timid
A CHILD that lives with criticism learns to condemn
A CHILD that lives with distrust learns to be deceitful
A CHILD that lives with antagonism learns to be hostile
A CHILD that lives with affection learns to love
A CHILD that lives with encouragement learns confidence
A CHILD that lives with truth learns justice
A CHILD that lives with praise learns to appreciate
A CHILD that lives with sharing learns to be considerate
A CHILD that lives with knowledge learns wisdom
A CHILD that lives with patience learns to be tolerant
A CHILD that lives with happiness will find love and beauty

But verily thy Lord,- to those who do wrong in ignorance, but who thereafter repent and make amends,- thy Lord, after all this, is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Quran 16:119)

“Those who avoid great sins and shameful deeds, only (falling into) small faults,- verily thy Lord is ample in forgiveness. He knows you well when He brings you out of the earth, and when ye are hidden in your mothers' wombs. Therefore justify not yourselves: He knows best who it is that guards against evil. (Quran 53:32)

“Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.” (Quran 2:256)

“Whatever ye are given (here) is (but) a convenience of this life: but that which is with Allah is better and more lasting: (it is) for those who believe and put their trust in their Lord: Those who avoid the greater crimes and shameful deeds, and, when they are angry even then forgive; Those who hearken to their Lord, and establish regular Prayer; who (conduct) their affairs by mutual Consultation; who spend out of what We bestow on them for Sustenance; And those who, when an oppressive wrong is inflicted on them, (are not cowed but) help and defend themselves. “ (Quran 42: 36-39)

Maryam
Lo! those who believe and do good works, the Beneficent will appoint for them love. (96)

aisha16

Woos thats reli good but just remind her thatabout jannah and she'll have a balance of hope and fear ya know.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
‘Abdullaah ibn al Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal stated: “My father taught me the whole Qur-aan verbally with his own will [i.e. he memorized the the whole Qur-aan from his father].”

Abu Bakr al Marwazee stated: “I entered the home of Abu ‘Abdullaah [Al Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal] and saw a woman brushing his daughter’s hair, I said to her: Did you join her hair with Qaraamil? She responded: “The girl would not allow me, she said that her father doesn’t allow it and that it would upset him.”

Look, may Allaah preserve you, at the effect of the father’s upbringing on this young child. The effect of her father’s teaching on her is of no surprise, for her father is al Imaam Ahmad may Allaah have mercy on him.

Al Maawirdee stated: “A wise man said: Hasten to discipline your children before you become busy and your thoughts are scattered.