How do I answer my Christian friend about the following

BigAk

:salam2:

I was having a dialog with my good Christian friend. When I mentioned that the Christian scholars have modified the bible over the centuries, he willfully acknowledged my claim in agreement. However, he asserted that the Quran would easily have taken the same faith of modification/alteration if fear of doing so was not a catastrophic issue. He's basically implying that no Muslim scholar dares to attempt the task fearing getting killed; and if this was not an issue, the Muslims will find themselves with many versions of the Quran.

My Question is; how shall I answer such new claim??

Jazakum Allah khair.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
As salamu alaikkum .... I suppose there are Quran that date backs all the way back to the time of 'Uthman radhiallahu anhum in turkey, and one more in Yemen that goes back to that time of the sahabah. The arabic form in both the modern printed Qurans and the ancient ones that we have, are the same by the will of Allah T'ala. If man had altered the word of Allah, then surely therein will be a lot of contradictions just like the bible. I remember having the same conversation with a mate. This is what many end up asking you lol, when you prove to them that the bible has been tampered around with

LoveofAllah

Why deny it? It's true...Anyone who attempts to invent a lie against Allah, He will be at war with him. Allah even challeneges mankind to produce something like it.
so if Allah swt is challenging man, who are we to kill people?
reality is, its not that the person will get killed...anyone who attempts to re-write the quran will not be able to and their failure will result from therein not because the muslims will kill him.

furthermore, there are so many people already who say horrible things about the prophet and who mis-interpret the quran. so unless he can give you specific examples of individuals who have been killed then his argument has a point. chances are he wont really be able to back up his claim.

on a further note, Allah swt promises to protect the quran from the test of time. Allahs word is true and that is why the quran remains the same. Not because people havent tried out of fear...because people have tried to ruin the name of islam.

lastly, he should know the history of how the quran was compiled. if anyone actually studies it they will realize that there is no way this book can have error.

Make your friend listen to this. It's good for non muslims also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYwvgXOU1e4

mhamzah

:salam2:

The difference between Christianity and Islam regarding the BOOK

http://members.lycos.co.uk/islamonrise/gary_book.html

There are three basic differences between Quran and the Bible;

Quran is in a living language (Arabic) which is spoken by Millions all over the world. Bible is in dead languages (Ancient Aramic and Ancient Greek), handful of people know these language. Thus it is very easy for some one to read something and translate it as some thing else.

For 300 years Bible was a Church property and people were persecuted for holding a copy. Since the revelation of the Quran people have been encouraged not only to read it but also memorise it. According to one estimate there are over 10 Million people today who have memorised the Quran from cover to cover.

There has never been a dispute over a single letter of the Quran since its revelation.

The preservation of the Quran is something which is even recognised by many Non-Muslims. William Muir being one (who was by the way no friend of Muslim, he was infact a critic of Islam), yet he was forced to admit the following;

'There is probably no other book in the world which has remained twelve centuries (now fourteen) with so pure a text.'

Kenneth Cragg describes the transmission of the Quran from the time of revelation to today as occurring in “an unbroken living sequence of devotion.”

John Burton, states that the Quran as we have it today is:

“…the text which has come down to us in the form in which it was organized and approved by the Prophet…. What we have today in our hands is the mushaf of Muhammad (pbuh)

:wasalam:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

maybe few misguided ppl would have done that but you cant say 'muslims scholars' as by that term we mean muslims of strong faith.

but Allah has His own ways to protect His Book. He made that ppl who want to corrupt His book should be punished.