HOW DO YOU SLEEP????

muslimguy

:salam2:
I READ AN ARTICLE ONLINE THAT TALKS ABOUT THE BACK AND NECK PAINS AND THEY HAD SOME TIPS ON HOW TO SLEEP TO AVOID THESE PAINS,
WHEN FIRST START READING I WAS LIKE ALLAH AKKBUR, BECAUSE IT IS THE SAME WAY WE WERE TOLD TO SLEEP BY OUR PROPHET MOHAMED PBUH

HERE IS A LIST THAT THEY HAVE ON THE WEBSIT, THE ONES IN BLOD ARE THE ONES THAT I KNOW FROM THE SUNNA, THEY MAY BE SOME OTHER ONES.

The best way to sleep
Everyone is different and there is no one sleep position or sleep surface that is best for all. However, the following tips may help you to find the best way for you to sleep:

Place your pillow under your head, not under your shoulders.

Avoid overstuffed pillows - they do not allow you to rest with your head in a neutral position.

Sleep on your side, with your knees slightly bent and with a pillow between your knees. This is the best way to maintain proper body posture when lying down. Avoid curling up with your knees to your chest. " If you must sleep on your back, place a pillow under your knees to support the normal curve of the lower back.

Avoid sleeping on your stomach, as this may aggravate back and neck pain.

Many mattress manufacturers promote extra firm surfaces, but it is possible for a mattress to be too firm. Similarly, some mattresses may be too soft, especially ones that come with extra soft feather tops. Neither situation allows your muscles to rest, as they must work through the night to find a comfortable position and maintain correct posture.

http://www.spineuniverse.com/displayarticle.php/article3121.html

ALSO CHECK THIS VIDEO BY BROTHER BILLAL PHILLIPS, HE TALKS ABOUT THE SAME ISSUE .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgUCU_sTFQc&feature=related

:salam2:

Sabz42

interesting.. i dnt think i wud b able to sleep with a cushion between my knees id find it uncomfortable.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
:bismillah1:

Assalamualaikum

The other night I was fixing my pillow, well its my mums pillow, she uses a big pillow and I was on TTI at the same time. I nearly asked and posted a similar post to this one.

I dont have such "exciting" habits. I like a moderate pillow and a comfortable mattress. I dont really like my bed, so I like to lay out my place on the floor near my bed. There were times where I wouldnt make it so comfortable. I liked to remind myself of the grave.

I find it awkward when people have like three pillows, and then another three small ones and a long one and all the ones that come in different shapes and sizes. Thats just too much.

Assalamualaikum

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
I like sleeping, it's my hobbie

Asalamaulikum sister,
Sleeping is a hobby for many it is.
Hope you don't mind me saying sister.
I also read a pious woman forgot the name:girl3:use to sleep really less.
She Use to tell herself off if she slept too much and say to herself why sleep so much when you will sleep in the grave till the Day of Judgement
But I read somewhere some ways to success-
Is to eat less,
Sleep less,
Talk less
and be paitent.
I guess some of those thing are form of hobby or a habit for many,(Including me) I hope we are able to change our habits. Inshallah.:)

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
I apologise for forgetting to thank the poster of this advice. Jazzakallahu Khair for the post about a better way to have a relaxing sleep :).

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Having a hobbie like sleeping doesn't mean that i spend my all day sleeping :).. look at time i'm repling to the message, it's quite early... and i gotta work, so when i'm saying sleeping is my hobbie, it means that when i'm sleeping i enjoy my rest alhamdoulilah, i sleep like a baby :)

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
Having a hobbie like sleeping doesn't mean that i spend my all day sleeping :).. look at time i'm repling to the message, it's quite early... and i gotta work, so when i'm saying sleeping is my hobbie, it means that when i'm sleeping i enjoy my rest alhamdoulilah, i sleep like a baby :)

:) Jazzakallahu Khair for your clarification my sister, that you don't sleep most of the time. :mashallah:
I am also happy to have seen you respond calmly, I know you would. :)
It was an oppertunity to pass on some of the knowledge I had about these various habits that.

hijab_sister

ALLAH is in my heart
Asalamaulikum sister,
Sleeping is a hobby for many it is.
Hope you don't mind me saying sister.
I also read a pious woman forgot the name:girl3:use to sleep really less.
She Use to tell herself off if she slept too much and say to herself why sleep so much when you will sleep in the grave till the Day of Judgement
But I read somewhere some ways to success-
Is to eat less,
Sleep less,
Talk less
and be paitent.
I guess some of those thing are form of hobby or a habit for many,(Including me) I hope we are able to change our habits. Inshallah.:)
salam sis
i thinck u r atlking abt rabia basri.
FI AMANILLAH

abu turaab

:salam2: Avoid overstuffed pillows - they do not allow you to rest with your head in a neutral position.

Sleep on your side, with your knees slightly bent and with a pillow between your knees. This is the best way to maintain proper body posture when lying down. Avoid curling up with your knees to your chest.
these are the most appropiate postures i've practiced and i sleep by these!..

abu turaab

:salam2: Avoid overstuffed pillows - they do not allow you to rest with your head in a neutral position.

Sleep on your side, with your knees slightly bent and with a pillow between your knees. This is the best way to maintain proper body posture when lying down. Avoid curling up with your knees to your chest.
these are the most appropiate postures i've practiced and i sleep by these!..