HOW HUNGRY ARE U?

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
:salam2:

Fasting isn't much of a problem, it's just that I've got a bit of a cold, my nose is runny, sneezing all over the place. I almost fell backwards 4 times during taraweeh because I got so dizzy and light-headed!

wasalam

duahallah

allmost cracked

im about an 6 as of know but earyer dis morning i awoke to breakfast being cooked and my brother brought me a glass of juice. i haden opend my eyes half way when i realized that i cant drink it i almost cracked :SMILY346: but i gathered my strength and sat outside away from temptation!!:lol:

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member

Alhamdulillah I don't have problems fasting, just maybe thirsty instead than hungry. :blackhijab:

Please brothers & sisters remember to break your fasting ON TIME, as our beloved Prophet :saw: used to do. Organize yourself: if you are not at home you can break the fast with water only.

And another thing: don't spend all the day "sleeping" !!! Get yourselves busy with islamic activities :inshallah: This could be the last Ramadhan of your life... live it! Don't waste it!

q8penpals

Salam

After spending the first weekend day of Ramadan at home (Kuwait's weekend is Friday & Saturday), I have discovered that worse than not eating is not being able to cuddle my husband! It is very hard because we generally spend the whole weekend together.

:-/

Lana

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Salam

After spending the first weekend day of Ramadan at home (Kuwait's weekend is Friday & Saturday), I have discovered that worse than not eating is not being able to cuddle my husband! It is very hard because we generally spend the whole weekend together.

:-/

Lana

Mmmmm thanks for sharing that with us Lana! :S

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

Only 3 more hours until I break fast and my stomach is now start to rumble. I am at a 3. Today I do not have any classes, so I am pretty bored and starting to get hungry.

:wasalam:

Veiled_Knight

1to10
i think i'd be beyond 10 in hunger, but im not very tired.
i ate a banana at suhur thats why i had energy today.
Advice for all the sisters n brothers eat bananas, believe me u wont be so tired if u do, its clinically proven to keep u energized for most of the day.

Quratulaine

today after i had a small bowl of lentil soup to break my fast and a tall glass of water...i somehow wasn't hungry anymore. has anybody ever been hungry the whole day and when it's time to break your fast...you aren't hungry anymore?:hearts:

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

today after i had a small bowl of lentil soup to break my fast and a tall glass of water...i somehow wasn't hungry anymore. has anybody ever been hungry the whole day and when it's time to break your fast...you aren't hungry anymore?:hearts:

Lol yea happens all the time. My thirst is no longer a priority either when it is time to drink something.

:wasalam:

Greek_Rose_2005

You know the same happened to me today i tried to eat after the time to break fast and i found i coud not even hardly eat 2 bites...i felt i was not hungry till almost 11pm..just i find myself craving water only

Greek_Rose_2005

Fasting isn't much of a problem, it's just that I've got a bit of a cold, my nose is runny, sneezing all over the place. I almost fell backwards 4 times during taraweeh because I got so dizzy and light-headed!

wasalam
I am still new so forgive me if my question is stupid but i thought we not supposed to fast if we are sick? I guess Im wrong as I am so new

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
I am still new so forgive me if my question is stupid but i thought we not supposed to fast if we are sick? I guess Im wrong as I am so new

Salam sister. No problem sister. Keep the questions coming...:)

Most of the scholars – including the four imams – are of the view that the sick person is not allowed to break his fast in Ramadaan unless the sickness is severe.

What is meant by severe sickness is:

1- The sickness will be made worse by fasting

2- Recovery will be delayed by fasting

3- Fasting will cause intense hardship, even if it does not make the sickness worse or delay recovery

4- The scholars also included those who fear that they may become sick because of fasting.

Ibn Qudaamah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Mughni (4/403):

The kind of sickness in which it is permitted to break the fast is intense sickness which will be made worse by fasting or it is feared that recovery will be delayed. It was said to Ahmad: When can the sick person break his fast? He said, When he unable to fast. It was said, Such as a fever? He said, What sickness is worse than fever?

The healthy person who fears that he may become sick if he fasts is like the sick person who fears that his sickness may get worse, they are both permitted to break their fasts, because the sick person is permitted to break his fast because of the fear that his fasting may make his sickness worse and last for longer, and the fear that fasting may cause sickness is similar to that.

Al-Nawawi said in al-Majmoo’, 6/261:

The person who is unable to fast because of a sickness which he hopes will go away is not obliged to fast… This applies if he encounters obvious difficulty in fasting and is not subject to the condition that he reaches a point when he is unable to fast. Rather our companions said: The permission not to fast is subject to the condition that fasting causes him difficulties that it is hard for him to bear.”

Some of the scholars were of the view that it is permissible for every sick person to break his fast and that it is not essential that fasting cause them hardship.

This is an odd view which was rejected by the scholars.

Al-Nawawi said:

With regard to the person who is slightly sick and who does not suffer any obvious hardship, it is not permissible for him to break his fast, and there is no difference of opinion among us concerning that.

Al-Majmoo’, 6/261

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:

The sick person who is not affected by fasting, such as one who has a slight cold or headache, or a slight toothache and the like, is not permitted to break his fast. Even though some of the scholars allow that because of the verse (interpretation of the meaning):

“…and whoever is ill …”

[al-Baqarah 2:185],

we say that the ruling mentioned in this verse is connected to a condition, which is when breaking the fast will relieve him of hardhsip, but if fasting does not affect him, then it is not permissible for him to break the fast, and he has to fast.

Al-Sharh al-Mumti’, 6/352.

Karima

Asalamualikum,

Fasting has made me realize how much we do things around 'food'. We have tea or coffee throughout the day with a snack, we easily get a soda or water throughout the day, when we are out shopping, we stop for a sandwich or meal.

I had no idea, how much 'unnecessary' foods I eat when I am really not that hungry...just by habits of daily injesting of beverage and tastey foods.

When I fasted, today, the hunger was not that bad, and I found that my daily habits of drinking coffee were the culprit of unnecessary routines.

Fasting not only shows us what we can do without food, but it has shown me how often I choose to eat snacks or drink tea for social times.

Sallam

Zarra

Salam,

I found exactly the same, sister.

I only begin to get really hungry about 4 hours before iftar..although saying that it's only 11 am and Im really hungry now!

What do people find is best for them to eat at sehri times? Ive been having toast and cereal but Im finding it's too much to eat in such a short time.

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

If I had a full-blown flu or something then I most probably wouldn't be able to fast, right now it's just the little cold you usually get when winter starts to set in.

:jazaak: Al-Kathiri for the informative article :)

wasalam

dianne

Salam,

Im not hungry,to keep feel fresh all day is drink a glass of plain water & 7pieces of kurma ( dates ) at sahur time.i always practise these,even my family.we dont feel hungry all day.

wassalam

qadra-sagal

asalamu aleykum

Iam not hungry at all alhamdulilaah i have 5 hours and 20 minutes of waiting to go may allah swt eccept our fasting and prayers in this holy month of Ramadan ameen. :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister:

MubarekMuslimah

Salaams

Its 3.15 pm and Iftar is at 7.15 ish today where I am, insha'allah. So I have 4 hours to go. Im not really hungry - probably a 2 or a 3 right now - however if I think about it - like reading this thread - its crept up to a 4 or 5 now!

May Allah swt accept our fasts ameen

I am off to try and think about something else for a while now and see if I can get it back down to a 2 or 3 insha'allah ! ( somehow I dont think I have much chance!)

Wasalaams

liaa

maybe i wil start eating bananas or kurma in the morning ,i usually eat only at iftar and that's it, i drink a lot of water at night and i don't eat almost anything before sleeping .even thought i always gain weith in the month of Ramadan!! :girl3: .but even if i don't eat in the morning, i don't fell very hungry, i start feling hungry when there are like 10 minutes and i can break the fast, when all that good food is on the table and a lot of water , and sweets and choocolate and you can't eat them !! that's when i really start flling hungry. :)) or when i am at school and all my friends are eating or drinkin soda and i can't do it.
BUt as someone else said before i realised how many junk food i eat every day just because of rutine, i eat it even if i am not hungry, i eat it ...just because everyone does, not because of necesity !