How I came to Islam!

SweetAmirah

By request here is my story...

First I would like to say that, I was prejudice against Muslims. Not in its extreme, but I kept my distant...
It was a long time coming... bit by bit...
You know how a lot of people wonder if a revert did it for a man?
Well I didn't
BUT It was the heart and kindness of a Muslim man that I started yearning for more about this beautiful Islam.
That was about a year ago. Since then once in a while I would read a little something here, ask a little question there....
it wasn't until a few months ago, when I was so curious about the hijab (why are women wearing them, are they oppressed, because of the way media and propaganda portray Islam, I was very prejudice until I opened my eyes) and I learned how beautiful the hijab was. It touched my heart, and so I started looking into women's rights in Islam. What I learned was even more beautiful. It's unfortunate that you don't always see people treating women as they should. Anyway, I met a man from my work, who was muslim, and we spoke about it for a few hours. He said he would give my phone number to his wife and that she would call me. I didn't hear from her right away, but I went to a mosque anyways. To ask more questions. I knew the basics about Islam at that time, and spoke with the Imam for about 2 hours. At the end, I feel like he sort of pressured me into taking shahada. I kept saying I don't think I am ready, but he made me do it.
I wasn't too displeased. I felt really good after taking it. BUT ... and there is a big BUT, This man and his wife, and this mosque and Imam were of a different sect. The whole time other Muslims were telling me what I was doing was wrong. I told them "Listen, Allah led me to Islam, He has guided me this far, I don't know if this is right or wrong, but ALLAH will guide me to the truth, because I seek it with an open heart. So after a couple of weeks I learned more about what this "sect" was teaching me, a sect that doesn't take all of the sunnah, a sect that curses some of the prophets wives, among other things. So you could imagine I was quite confused! Why would anyone curse the wife of the Prophet(PBUH) especially when we were told that they are the best women to follow by example?! So I went to another mosque, and told them what has been going on, and they gave me information, (the truth) about following sects, and that there should be no division in Islam. NOW I was really ready to take my Shahada!!! So I took it again, in front of witnesses, and I was still a little confused because of all this new knowledge I was gaining, but I knew in my heart it was right. SubhanAllah!!
Since then it has been a great journey of gaining knowledge, and getting close with ALLAH SWT. Alhamdulilah.

Since then it has been a bumpy road, in telling my prejudicial family, and on the other side the very religious christian family, but you know something?
Allah has guided me every step of the way, and there were only a few times my heart felt heavy, and Allah swt took even that away.
There is always more to a story than I could type in one sitting, but this is the gist of it. May Allah bless you in this life and the hereafter. Aameen.

Allahu_Hassbi

:salam2: Sister,
Alf Mabrook to you for becoming a muslim & welcome to the religion of peace.
Surely Allah SWT guides whomsoever He wills.Sister you have been blessed to have found the truth by your own with the mercy of Allah SWT.Subhanallah
Your story made me cry sister.:SMILY23:
I pray that Allah SWT ease in all your difficulties and grants you patience and make you victorious in all your undertakings Inshallah.May Allah SWT increase your strength & Imaan.Allahumma Ameen :tti_sister:

Enjoy you stay here.

:wasalam:

SweetAmirah

Sister, thank you for your Dua, and kind words. I find it so helpful to have found a place where I can share my experiences with other, and also gain from others experiences. Alhamdulilah, May Allah bless the creators of this website and the helpers. Aameen

Allahu_Hassbi

Also Ameen to your duas sister.
You will surely find a lot of bros/sistas here who can assist you Inshallah.
We all are equal here believing in one God Allah SWT with no differences in our races, casts,bakground , blood , status etc.
All uniting under one flag "The Flag of Islam"
saying on Kalima "La illaha Illalah ,Muhammadu Rasoolullah".
There is no God but Allah,Muhammed SAW is the Messenger of Allah
May Allah SWT guide all the lost ones to this beautiful relegion as He has guided you.Ameen

halah

:salam2:
Allahu Akbar,congratulations dear sister ,May Allah firm your heart on His straight path,you really brought tears to my eyes with your story,please do Du'aa as much as you can for yourself,your beloved and for the muslim nation.:hearts::hearts::hearts:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

I suppose the sect is shiasm or also known as Rafidis in the past.

I am happy that you reverted . I am even more happy that you are upon the sunna and reject shiasm. Alhamdulilah !!!

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
it wasn't until a few months ago, when I was so curious about the hijab (why are women wearing then, are they oppressed, you know the normal prejudicial thinking of westerners.

Salam Alaikum
MashAllah sister nice story, however as a Canadian convert myself I have to say I was never predjudice against Muslims ever. I never thought the hijab was a sign of oppression. Please don;t say "the normal prejudicial thinking of westerners" because that's simply not true saying that is a sterotype and it's insulting to those that don't and have never carried predjuduice. Muslims and non-Muslims need to be better with eachother and not carry around preconcieved ideas, if I were a non Muslim and thought all Muslims thought I was ignorant and prejudice, do you think I would want to learn about Islam......probably not so much.:wasalam:

SweetAmirah

Aha! You are right! May Allah forgive me for such ignorant words...:tti_sister:
I will indeed have to change that. I didn't meant it as it was said so much, more like "because of the way media and propoganda portray Islam, I was very prejudice until I opened my eyes"

Please forgive me if I have offended anyone!

ama6621

Assalamu Alaikum
Alhamdullilah that you were guided to the truth! Many congratulations sister. May Allah SWT guide every step of you way. Ameen.

Assalamu Alaikum

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum warahmatullaah.

Nice story sister, it reminds me of what some of the salaf us-saalih (pious predecessors) have said, may Allaah's mercy be upon them.

"I do not mind which out of the two blessings was greater. that Allaah guided me to Islaam, or that he kept me away from these innovated sects..."

Others have said,

"I do not know which is the greater Blessing? That Allaah has guided me to Islaam, or that he has prevented me from these ahwaa (whims, desires, sects)."

See 'Al-Wasiyah al-Kubrah' of Shaykh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah, rahimahullaah. Another similar statement I remember reading (although I can't remember which Imam uttered the clause) is,

"I do not know which blessing is great? That Allaah has guided me to Islaam, or that he guided me to the sunnah."

Upon hearing these, I can only say that I suffer from the same confusion as them!

Baarak Allaah feeki.

Sakeena

CONGRATS! My new sister! Mwah!

:salam2: :SMILY259: lol hey sis SweetAmirah masha'Allah your story is very amazing sis! And you are! ..:hearts: ur so courageous, lol you research anything b4 embracing it and I'm so happy 4 you sister! CONGRATULATIONS HERMANA!! Take care big sis, keep in touch, ok? Mwah!

Sakeena Khan :hearts:

A Kashmiri

Your story was touching , and Welcome to the muslim brother hood.

The good thing in your story is that you have been able to find the right path which is Sunnah Wal Jammat and have shunned Shiaism which is not islam.

Muslims are not arrogant, dont say bad about others and that too about the family of Prophet and the companions of Prophet.

Origin of Shiasism is from Abdullah Bin Sabaa.

Here is a short history of Shias origins .......

When during omars (RA) khilafat, muslims defeated Great Persian and Roman empires., the persian commander Harmuz was brought in front of Omar ( RA) and
The defeated Persian governor and former military commander, Harmuzan, was brought before Caliph Umar. Umar said to the defeated Persian:
“Harmuzan, we Arabs are the desert-dwellers you considered too lowly for even fighting with. We used to get licked by small columns of your troops. Now you see your King’s throne and crown lying at our feet while he is running about places to save his life. How did that happen?”
Harmuzan replied:
“Sir, then it used to be a war between the Persians and the Arabs. Now you have your God with you

In other words, It was thus that Harmuzan and his Persian confederates realized that the power of the Republic of Medinah lay in its religious beliefs. To destroy the religious beliefs of the Muslims would be to destroy the Muslims.
Harmuz was forgiven by Omar ( RA) for execution, as he spilled his water which was requested by him which was the custom those days.

Harmuzan “converted” to Islam and moved to Medinah, whereupon he planned the Persian revenge on the Arab Muslims. Harmuzan blamed the Commander of the Faithful Umar for the downfall of the Persian Empire, and it was thus that Harmuzan hatched the plan to assassinate the Caliph.
In Medinah, Harmuzan became close companions with a staunch Christian named Jafeena Al-Khalil. Jafeena was a political pawn of the Roman ruler and had served as an official in Damascus, Palestine and Heerah; the defeat of Rome by the Muslims left its mark on Jafeena who–like Harmuzan–swore revenge. The third partner was a Jew by the name of Saba bin Shamoon (whose son would be Abdullah Ibn Saba, the notorious founder of the Shia movement). Saba despised the Muslims who had expelled the Jews on charges of conspiracy. All three of these individuals–Harmuzan the Zoroastrian, Jafeena the Christian, and Saba the Jew–belonged to peoples who had grievances against the rise of Muslim dominance.
They hired Feroz Abu Lulu, a Persian, who had recently been captured by the Muslims as a POW; he was a slave under a Muslim master. Abu Lulu stabbed Umar bin Khattab to death. A day before Umar had been assassinated, Abdur Rehman-–Abu Bakr’s son-–had seen Abu Lulu standing with Harmuzan and Jafeena. The three men were whispering to one another. As Abdur Rehman passed by, the three got startled and a double edged dagger fell to the ground. Abdur Rehman would later confirm that this was the same dagger that killed Umar. The murder of Umar was thus instigated by a coalition of a Roman Christian, a Jew, and a Persian Zoroastrian. It should be noted that the Prophet had prophecized that the Christians, Jews, and pagans would always be united against the Muslims.

Today, the modern day Shia venerate Abu Lulu, and they call him “Baba Shuja-e-din” which can be translated as “Honored Defender of Religion.” These Shia have a shrine erected for this murderer, located in the Iranian city of Kashan called the Abu Lulu Mausoleum wherein he is buried. The Shia travel from far distances to pray inside this shrine, and many of the Shia fast on the day that Umar was killed, and even pass out sweets. Feroz Abu Lulu is one of the venerated founding figures of Shia ideology; the same people who conspired to kill Umar were the ones who planted the seeds of the Shia movement.

Here is one more proof of this Jewish, Christian, and Zorastrian conspiracy to disfigure islam by creating shiaism.

The “Jewish Encyclopedia” says:
ABDALLAH IBN SABA
By : Hartwig Hirschfeld
A Jew of Yemen, Arabia, of the seventh century, who settled in Medina and embraced Islam. Having adversely criticized Calif Othman’s administration, he was banished from the town. Thence he went to Egypt, where he founded an antiothmanian sect, to promote the interests of Ali. On account of his learning he obtained great influence there, and formulated the doctrine that, just as every prophet had an assistant who afterward succeeded him, Mohammed’s vizier was Ali, who had therefore been kept out of the califate by deceit. Othman had no legal claim whatever to the califate; and the general dissatisfaction with his government greatly contributed to the spread of Abdallah’s teachings. Tradition relates that when Ali had assumed power, Abdallah ascribed divine honors to him by addressing him with the words, “Thou art Thou!” Thereupon Ali banished him to Madain. After Ali’s assassination Abdallah is said to have taught that Ali was not dead but alive, and had never been killed; that a part of the Deity was hidden in him; and that after a certain time he would return to fill the earth with justice. Till then the divine character of Ali was to remain hidden in the imams, who temporarily filled his place. It is easy to see that the whole idea rests on that of the Messiah in combination with the legend of Elijah the prophet. The attribution of divine honors to Ali was probably but a later development, and was fostered by the circumstance that in the Koran Allah is often styled “Al-Ali” (The Most High).
Bibliography: Shatrastani al-Milal, pp. 132 et seq. (in Haarbrücken’s translation, i. 200-201);
Weil, Gesch. der Chalifen, i. 173-174, 209, 259.H. Hir.
Source: JewishEncyclopedia,
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/view.jsp?artid=189&letter=A

amjaddamen

brother
:ma:
dear sister , i am origenally arabic muslim and i realy happy for
reverters because they take islam fresh step bt step like
copanian of prophet (sahabah) as they would learn ten verses at time
and stop till they manage good practice ( this is maybe not the case here)
on the other hand , when you go against the river current,as all brothers and sisters who revert ,it is realy very difficult though it is more rewarded ( the reward fits the difficulties)
keep on ,may allah pless you
one more thing sister , islam is the religon of all mankind by nature but we grow up we twist alittle ,actually,sometimes more than little .