How Islam changed Pagan Arabia

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Salaam alaykum wa ramatullahi wa barakatu,

I am looking for sources of how Islam changed Pre-Islam Arabia. Including womens rights, slavery, conditions of war, and the relationships with other tribes or religions.

Can be PDF or website format :)

Jazkallah khair in advance!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
I can't access multaqa. See if you can. If you are able to, check Bassam Zawadi's threads. He writes articles on a number of these controversial topics, and they are pretty good too. For example see this one.

This wouldn't exactly give you what you look for, but something you could start with, I guess.

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
Demystifying Islam: Your Guide to the Most Misunderstood Religion of the 21st Century is a really good read. I'm trying to find a PDF online, but so far no luck.. It talks about secular Arabia before Islam and how Islam came about and literally cleaned Arabia

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Assalaamualaikum..

Have you heard of the book called sealed nectar? its a book on Life History of Prophet(SAW).. But in that you can find the social, economic, political, religious and ethical conditions of Arabia before advent of Islam.. Its in the starting of the pdf/book.. Hope it helps in some way. InshaAllah. :)

http://www.2muslims.com/books/alraheeq.pdf

you can download from the link.. :)
And pls teach me how to upload a pdf.. Am not able to find how to do it.. :D Silly me
Peace. :)

strive-may-i

Assalaamu Alaikum,

Suggestion: Change it from Pagan Arab to Arabian Peninsula.

The human brains ability has not drastically improved in last 5000 years, is what we are all told (Material available from then clearly tells us people were as intelligent as us). Notion that people 1500 years before were dumb , though not correct, is common. We are in an age where the difference in so called notion 'standard of life' is from accumulated material knowledge. Something similar then in Arabian Peninsula. Taking it back to then, maybe Arabian peninsula was exactly where human affairs had degraded the most and hence it was the best spot for spreading and renewing Creators message. In west, Religious belief system, out of prejudice is most often seen as a non-system. So you would have to add some context to clear that notion.

You will have to address this too. Islam is relevant then, Islam is relevant now. You will have to convey that.

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
Assalaamu Alaikum,

The human brains ability has not drastically improved in last 5000 years, is what we are all told (Material available from then clearly tells us people were as intelligent as us). Notion that people 1500 years before were dumb , though not correct, is common. We are in an age where the difference in so called notion 'standard of life' is from accumulated material knowledge. Something similar then in Arabian Peninsula. Taking it back to then, maybe Arabian peninsula was exactly where human affairs had degraded the most and hence it was the best spot for spreading and renewing Creators message. In west, Religious belief system, out of prejudice is most often seen as a non-system. So you would have to add some context to clear that notion.

You will have to address this too. Islam is relevant then, Islam is relevant now. You will have to convey that.

I beg to differ. People today seem as what you call "dumb." You can't call someone stupid just because they rejected religion. They just lacked divine inspiration. In fact, whether Muslim or not, people in the past had respectable philosophy, poetry, and art. Even science and engineering was advanced for their time, yet they managed to excel in those fields.

Today, people are limited to what they can learn and accomplish by their governments. How do you expect an Egyptian farmer to sit down and figure out a new way to mass produce rice......when growing rice is illegal in Egypt! Why is it illegal? the West commanded old Mubarak to stop exporting and start importing.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Assalaamu Alaikum,

Yes: The topic of the Islam's relevance to today's life is the topic for my "persuasive essay" later on in the class. :D
That is actually a 3 minute presentation as well...

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Assalaamualaikum..

Have you heard of the book called sealed nectar? its a book on Life History of Prophet(SAW).. But in that you can find the social, economic, political, religious and ethical conditions of Arabia before advent of Islam.. Its in the starting of the pdf/book.. Hope it helps in some way. InshaAllah. :)

http://www.2muslims.com/books/alraheeq.pdf

you can download from the link.. :)
And pls teach me how to upload a pdf.. Am not able to find how to do it.. :D Silly me
Peace. :)

Jazakallah khair, I have heard of this book SO many times but I've never read it!

Demystifying Islam: Your Guide to the Most Misunderstood Religion of the 21st Century is a really good read. I'm trying to find a PDF online, but so far no luck.. It talks about secular Arabia before Islam and how Islam came about and literally cleaned Arabia

Jazakallah khair, this looks interesting. And if i cant find a PDF I will probably buy this for my own collection.

I can't access multaqa. See if you can. If you are able to, check Bassam Zawadi's threads. He writes articles on a number of these controversial topics, and they are pretty good too. For example see this one.

This wouldn't exactly give you what you look for, but something you could start with, I guess.

AHHHHH Multaqa, why did I not think of this!?!