I found out i have autism!!!!!

Islam!!yay

:salam2:
i cant really socialize very well...infact making or maintaining friendship is very hard for me ..im asking allah to help me with this .....and bros/sis include me in ur prayers ...(i dont like being lonely)

:wasalam:

huda2

i cant really socialize very well...infact making or maintaining friendship is very hard for me ..im asking allah to help me with this .....and bros/sis include in ur prayers ...(i dont like being alone)

Im sorry bro, we are all yr family and yr freind too. Insha allah allah will help u and make it easy fr u insha allah. I will keep u in my duaa insha allah. Be patient and strong.

Aapa

Mirajmom
As salaam walaikum,

Welcome to your huge family. InshaAllah you will not be lonely. Please know you are not alone. If you can go on youtube there are some lovely videos about the brillant abilites of autistic people. You have a different language scheme than most. You also have sensitivites that the average person is unaware of. There are many support groups of individuals and families.

You have been given a blessing by Allah. Only you can answer what those blessings are. Think of how you connect with the universe and all its complicated rythms.

We will keep you in our dua's. We all have some gift from Allah. If you can share a powerpoint with us to let us see your world so we can communicate with you; so we can have meaningful dialogue.

my love,
your aapa

samiha

---------
Staff member
i cant really socialize very well...infact making or maintaining friendship is very hard for me ..im asking allah to help me with this .....and bros/sis include me in ur prayers ...(i dont like being lonely)

wa alaykum salam

Ok, i'm sorry... erm... I dont' mean to doubt you here dear brother, but are you sure you have autism?? I've only seen three people with autism, two of them in the 5-6 range, and the other an adult.

It's not just the inability to socialize which describes autism, it's a more complex matter than that. usually this is caught in a person from when they are children, and effects them for their life usually. I know there are some more experienced brothers and sisters here, than I, but in an autistic child certain qualities of unablity to understand, express emotion/feeling understanding, communicate properly... be wholly independant, understand ideas, come forth.

Masha'allah akhi I see you participating in threads, grasping ideas, answering... etc... it's very hard to imagine this really :(

Are you positive :( and this isn't some other thing overlapping and being called the same?

read this: Topic Overview: What is Autism??

however, if it is still the case, alhamdulillah it does not seem to be at such a high degree, remember there are people much worse off and have patience, for surely Allah is with those who are patient :) .

May Allah help cure, all the Muslims who are suffering from these types of diseases.

p.s. I apologize if i sounded rude :redface:

wasalam

Islam!!yay

wa alaykum salam

Ok, i'm sorry... erm... I dont' mean to doubt you here dear brother, but are you sure you have autism?? I've only seen three people with autism, two of them in the 5-6 range, and the other an adult.

It's not just the inability to socialize which describes autism, it's a more complex matter than that. usually this is caught in a person from when they are children, and effects them for their life usually. I know there are some more experienced brothers and sisters here, than I, but in an autistic child certain qualities of unablity to understand, express emotion/feeling understanding, communicate properly... be wholly independant, understand ideas, come forth.

Masha'allah akhi I see you participating in threads, grasping ideas, answering... etc... it's very hard to imagine this really :(

Are you positive :( and this isn't some other thing overlapping and being called the same?

read this: Topic Overview: What is Autism??

however, if it is still the case, alhamdulillah it does not seem to be at such a high degree, remember there are people much worse off and have patience, for surely Allah is with those who are patient :) .

May Allah help cure, all the Muslims who are suffering from these types of diseases.

p.s. I apologize if i sounded rude :redface:

wasalam

There are so many types of autism.....I have the one where i cant interact with people...and also trouble in communicating . and being alone...i like being alone (i dont bother being alone for the rest of my life) ...but still i dont want to be alone

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
mmmmm.....

tough one this ... but really .. if you have just *diagnosed* yourself then you may as well forget about it.

read any psychology/psychiatry text book and you will see yourself or a person you know in every page ... this does not mean anyting. Most people are on the spectrum of normal but in different places. You cant just label people because they happen to behave in a certain way sometimes. The behaviour has be consistent, repetitive and interfers with normal day to day activities to actually become *abnormal*. If you go to regular school then the chances are you'r fine. You may have some of *autistic* aspects (BTW, it is though to be an extreme male behaviour ... he he), but this does not make you an autistic.

Allah knows best

kayleigh

salaam,

Have you been formally diagnosed?

My best friends little brother is autistic and I would help her take care of him sometimes. Honestly, the feeling I got from him was intense frustration at not being what he perceived to be normal. He was one of the meanest people people I've ever met, and I had a few bruises to prove it lol, but I still felt for him.

Inshallah this will be something you can learn to manage and know that many here will have you in their prayers.

Sonia88

...but still i dont want to be alone

Aww i dont think you'l be alone 4eva, you'l always have people around you.. esp people who understand what you have they wouldnt mind whther you wanted them around 1day or not the next.... your true friends will always be there 4you. so not to worry.

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
My son has autism also

First of all, let me tell you, my son who is six years old, is autistic. He has a speech and developmental delay and is getting speech and occupational therapy. There are different types of autism and it does not have to be diagnosed at only a young age. Older autistic people can write and probably know more than we do, but we should not doubt this brother, we should try to help him and give him nasihah. We should not be suspicious, for suspicion is a sin. Autistic people are in their own little world where they feel like they are alone, doesnt mean its a severe case, maybe a mild case, Allah knows best. My son can grow out of it, or stay with it, but he is still normal, and so are you brother. You are not alone, so hang in there and be strong. Allah test those that he loves and this is yours. Do some research and find out more about it and join a support group, it does help. You will be in my duaas inshallah.:tti_sister:

Jannah03

Asalaamu alakum, im glad that you found this out. i was honestly going to ask if you had it...regarding from your previous posts you've made before, made me question...not what is wrong with you, but if there is something going on with you. Inshallah you will be just fine. I hope you make life-long friends in school. and of course there's TTI.

ehsan

:salam2: bro,
dont worry..i've the same problem :)
we have soemthign in common.....so lets we b friends ;)
:salam2::salam2:

AliIbanez

A Stranger in Dunyah
I don't think so my brother, 'cause in the first place you've made it here in this forum (which is a social activity site, and better an islamic one), and as far as I know, a person with autism does not really interact with other people. There is just really a person who is a better in terms of social (such as making friends, etc) and there are persons who are not (I admit, I am one of them :D). But dont be bothered, each one of us has it's own strength. Not all person who talks lengthy with people is better than the person who speaks seldom, he may possess wisdom in his words than the former. And having lots of friends is no better than having a quality and true one. But then, there are rooms for improvement, and Inshaallah this site along with our brothers and sisters here will help you.

Salamualaikum.