I Get The Feeling I am Going To Die!

ravoof0824

Jazakallah

:salam2:

I get a feeling of fear every now and then...when I remember stories of people who had a horrible end...like the other day...I listened to a lecture by a Shaikh who is also a doctor (his name is Abdulmohsin Al-Ahmad..from Saudi Arabia)...and he spoke of various stories of people with good and bad ends...

he spoke of a girl who was dying in the hospital..he was called in of course to do what he can for her..he eventually had to give up because he couldn't do much for her anymore...so when he saw her body slightly shivering and her gaze fixed on one spot..he said to her *sister..don't forget the shahada*..*sister say the shahada*..when she didn't respond...he came near her ear..and began to say to her *say shahada sister*...*sister say la ilaha illa allah*..he said...I heard her mumble and her lips began to move..and I felt a slight relief thinking perhaps she will utter shahada just in time...

but you know what she uttered???...

she uttered *a lyric from a song!!!*...immediately after that...she died!!!

Sobhanallah...

and then he spoke of a brother...he was paralyzed from head to toe...and could not even speak...all he could do is slightly smile..and move his eyes around...and this shaikh said...*I came in to check on him as I did regularly..and sobhanallah I saw that his face was shining with light..and I asked him how he was doing...he just looked at me and smiled..

and then he raised his right index finger (mind you the guy is PARALYZED)...and said *ash'hado an la ilaha illa allah wa ash'hado anna mohammadan rasoolo allah*...and he died...with a smile on his face..and his index finger extended like he was making tashah'hud*

these two stories moved me deeply...and scared me at the same time..becasue I begin to wonder about *my* end...that's why...alhamduliallah...I have a set a plan to take advantage of every day that I am alive...to do some good...that will at least allow me to face Allah decently...and inshallah...Allah (swt) will give me the determination and the aid which I need from Him...

Sister...consider each day you wake up as another opportunity to get rid of the negative...and grow the positive...and have a pure intention of doing that solely for Allah (swt) and for His pleasure with you as a Muslimah...and don't forget that Allah says...*whoever longs to meet Me...I long to meet him*...do much good so you can change the fear with longing..and know that even the Angel of Death will not harm you of you are of the successful Muslimeen..and inshallah you will be :)...and may Allah grant all the Muslims good ends...inshallah

:wasalam:

Jazakallah Sister.. The above story is touching the heart.. We all busy with day to day life.. We dont have time to think of Death... May guide us in right path..May Allah give us strength to tell Shahaada during our last breath...
Who knows wen could be our day.. Allah has decided our destiny and as the day passes we wre becoming old and we are close to death..
:tti_sister::salah::salam2:

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
At least you know what will happen when you die, make it the way you want it to be because we know good deeds = ease in the hereafter so we know what to do.

Hope and fear as Umar ibn Al Khattab had.

In secondary school we had this girl in our year who would go hysterical about death, she wasn't muslim but sometimes she would sit and cry thinking about her 'end' ...strange for a 14/15 year old non-muslim. It turned into a bit of a joke for the rest of us 'Olivia's crying about death again :rolleyes:' (ok, maybe she listened to too much metal and was a bit of an emo), but looking back, maybe I should have had a few words with her.

May Allaah guide us all to Islaam and keep us guided, Ameen.

Asha88

Ghurabaa
Salaam Sister,

Let me tell you a funny story. When I was 16, I could not sleep at night for a month I reckon because I was afraid that I wouldn't wake up tomorrow so I would stay up until my eyes couldn't take it. Sometimes I imagined someone was in my room coming to take my life away. I would be thankful every morning to be alive. I don't know why I feel that way though..

Ok, maybe it wasn't really a funny story...

Perhaps you have been reading/watching something that is related to death?

When you think about death, you begin to appreciate a lot of things more. You tend to suppress your desires easily which is good so that we won't be tempted to do anything haraam.

I pray that all of die in a state of imaan. MasyaAllah that would be the best.

But don't think too much about it ok sister or you'll go crazy .. :)

revert-sister

Proud to be a MUSLIM
inshallah we all will live a long and heaslth lives thats why need to repent and live good lives because it could be taken away from us in seconed, so dont take for granted

~Yvette ~

Abu Abdillah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Assalamu alaikum

As muslims we should contemplate on Death, and think to ourselves if we died in the current state of Eeman would we be happy with the such few little deeds we have done?

I thought mention a few sayings of the salaf concerning death as a Eeman booster.

Bakr ibn Abdullah said: "If you see someone who is older than you, then say: He has preceded me in Iman and righteous actions, therefore he is better than me. And if you saw someone younger than you then say: I have preceded him in sins, therefore he is better than me...."

Al Qaasim Ibn Muhammed said: "We used to travel with Abdullah ibn al Mubarak alot. I used to think to myself, how has this man been given a better status than us and become more famous than us? If he used to pray, then so did we. And if he used to fast, so did we. And if he used to do Jihad, so did we. And if he used to go on hajj, so did we....One night we were travelling through ash-shaam and stayed in a house overnight. Suddenly the light went out, so some of us went in search of someone to relight the lantern. After a while they came back and relighted the fire. I looked to the face of Ibn al Mubarak and saw that his beard was soaked in tears. Then i said to myself, It is by this fear of his of Allah that makes him better than us. When the light went out and became dark he most likely remembered the Qiyaamah".

al Marwazi said to Imam Ahmed: "How did you wake up today? So he replied: "How would one wake up, who's Lord is demanding him to fulfill the obligations, and his Prophet is demanding him to fulfill his sunnah, and the two Angels are demanding him to to correct his actions, and his soul is urging him to follow his desires, and the devil is demanding him to commit illicit deeds and the Angel of death is waiting to take his soul, and his family is demanding to be clothed and fed!"

Al Qaadhi Hussein reported that many times his teacher al Qattaal would suddenly break out in tears during his lessons and raise his head and say: "How heedless we are regarding what will come of us in the hereafter!"

May Allah Open our Hearts to Fear Him as the salaf did ameen!

‘Uthman ibn ‘Affan (radiAllahu anhu) said, “Worrying about the dunya is a darkness in the heart, while worrying about the akhirah is a light in the heart.”

It is reported from Al-Awzâ’î that he said:

Whoever remembers death often will find a small amount (of worldly things) sufficient for him; and whoever includes his speech in his deeds will speak little.

Al-Dhahabî , Siyar A’lâm Al-Nubalâ` in his biography of Al-Awzâ’î.

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
Assalamu alaikum

As muslims we should contemplate on Death, and think to ourselves if we died in the current state of Eeman would we be happy with the such few little deeds we have done?

I thought mention a few sayings of the salaf concerning death as a Eeman booster.

Bakr ibn Abdullah said: "If you see someone who is older than you, then say: He has preceded me in Iman and righteous actions, therefore he is better than me. And if you saw someone younger than you then say: I have preceded him in sins, therefore he is better than me...."

Al Qaasim Ibn Muhammed said: "We used to travel with Abdullah ibn al Mubarak alot. I used to think to myself, how has this man been given a better status than us and become more famous than us? If he used to pray, then so did we. And if he used to fast, so did we. And if he used to do Jihad, so did we. And if he used to go on hajj, so did we....One night we were travelling through ash-shaam and stayed in a house overnight. Suddenly the light went out, so some of us went in search of someone to relight the lantern. After a while they came back and relighted the fire. I looked to the face of Ibn al Mubarak and saw that his beard was soaked in tears. Then i said to myself, It is by this fear of his of Allah that makes him better than us. When the light went out and became dark he most likely remembered the Qiyaamah".

al Marwazi said to Imam Ahmed: "How did you wake up today? So he replied: "How would one wake up, who's Lord is demanding him to fulfill the obligations, and his Prophet is demanding him to fulfill his sunnah, and the two Angels are demanding him to to correct his actions, and his soul is urging him to follow his desires, and the devil is demanding him to commit illicit deeds and the Angel of death is waiting to take his soul, and his family is demanding to be clothed and fed!"

Al Qaadhi Hussein reported that many times his teacher al Qattaal would suddenly break out in tears during his lessons and raise his head and say: "How heedless we are regarding what will come of us in the hereafter!"

May Allah Open our Hearts to Fear Him as the salaf did ameen!

‘Uthman ibn ‘Affan (radiAllahu anhu) said, “Worrying about the dunya is a darkness in the heart, while worrying about the akhirah is a light in the heart.”

It is reported from Al-Awzâ’î that he said:

Whoever remembers death often will find a small amount (of worldly things) sufficient for him; and whoever includes his speech in his deeds will speak little.

Al-Dhahabî , Siyar A’lâm Al-Nubalâ` in his biography of Al-Awzâ’î.

Jaza kallahu khair for that mashallah its wonderful to read about how the salaf seen and contemplated death subhannallah May Allah make us all contemplate death much Ameen

and brother do you have any books to recommend about companions and their biographies and islamic history i would much like to read up more on these topics inshallah

Aisha. joyo

~ALLAH 0 AKBAR~
Ma sister in islam wa alykum aslam i use to have these kinda feeling's but your story is different yours i also think abt death when i goto bed everynight. Before i goto sleep i say the shahada. Is that something worng please correct me

wasalama Alykum ma brother and sister in islam Ca-fwan :hearts:

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
The Prophet (s.a.v.s.) says, "Allah created the souls of the beings 4,000 years before He created the bodies of the beings, and 4,000 years before He created the souls he created the sustenance of the created beings, and 3,000 years before He created the sustenance, He created death. When death was created with all of its mouths, it screamed, and all the angels trembled with fear, and asked Allah, "Oh Lord, what is this terrifying noise which puts fear in our hearts and makes us forget our devotions?" Allah said, "It is the voice of death, who will make all that exists in the worlds and in the heavens to pass." The angels begged God to see death. Allah said, "Then prepare yourselves." Then He asked death to stretch its wings and speak. When the angels saw the grandeur of death, and heard its terrifying voice, they all fell senseless for a whole year, and asked God, |Oh Eternal One, have You ever created a being greater than death?" Allah said, "Of all my creatures, death is the greatest, as big as all living beings put together." Then with God’s orders, death sat silent and motionless. Allah called upon the Angel of Death and said, "Oh Israel, be the master over death. When I ask you to take the lives of My servants, send it over them so they all taste death, and see their impermanence.|
Israel approached death and said, "I am sent by the Eternal Truth. When I will be ordered to take the lives of the temperal beings, I will send you upon them, and you will obey me. " Death answered, "You are my master with the order of God, and I obey, but know that I also will kill all the inhabitants of heaven, and Gabriel, Israfil, Michael and you." And death itself will be killed by the Prophet Yahya(John the Baptist) (a.s.) somewhere between paradise and hell, before the day of last judgement. If you really would like to know death, ask the dead, and find one of those who died before dying. They are the ones who have met death, their bodies have become earth, their needs naught, all the tastes of the world have left them. They are all patience and totally satisfied with their state. Their submission is complete, like the corpse in the hands of the washer.

Brother,could you provide me with source of this hadith?
:jazaak:

complex_man

I hope you are well, sound and doing good in your life. such moments come in life when think you are going to die or better be dead. it is life.