I got robbed today

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

Ok I realize the economy is very very bad right now and I understand its close to the holidays and alot of people are out of work so times are tough but COME ON!!!!!!!!! WHY do people have to do such STUPID things???? I was at the store today when some guy came in and acted like he had a gun in the sleeve of his hoodie. He had the sleeve covering his hand and was motioning it at me like he was holding a gun. Later on the video we could see he didnt have a gun because he took his hand out of his sleeve and he had nothing in it but I wasnt about to take that chance so I just cooperated and gave him all the money then he left.

I was completely calm through everything until it was all over then I started to think about how Allah protected my son because if this would have happened on Sunday my son would have been there at my job. He spent the day with me helping me clean and stock the shelves. If that man would have seen my son he probably would have hurt him or worse so yes Allah protected my son and he protected me too. They told me later on the video tape you can see that guy was pushing me but honestly I didnt feel his hands on me at all. Alhamdulillah all that stupid guy got was $169.00 and a few packs of cigarettes. It could have been so much worse.

Amina 1

Assalam Alaikum

That is so horrible I am sorry that this happened to you. Hamdulillah that no one was hurt and your son was not there.:tti_sister:

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
:salam2: wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh
dear sister alhamdulillah nice to know ur ok now
alhamdulillah to Allah who has saved u from something that could be worse
i hope ur perfectly ok now cos being robbed is quite an experience
may Allah put peace in ur heart and protect ur family always
hows ur son doing now after his shahada? :)
take care
:salam2:

rightpath_357

Oh AstagfirAllah! I know sis! It's very sad what people do nowadays:(. I'M SO GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOUR ALRIGHT!!!!!!! Alhamdulilah, your right- it could have been SO MUCH WORSE!!!!:(- but Thank Allah, it wasn't. I think your du'aa of some kind saved you from harm sis- you know 1 of the 4 ways Allah accepts your du'aa is by protecting you from harm??:D

uyu6890

chosen one

you are the chosen one to face challenges from Allah so you can increase your fatith toward him..

May Allah bless you and forgive all your sins..
:hijabi:

a_stranger

AlhamduliAllah for your safety sister , May Allah protect us all with our children and families.

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
Salam

aaww sis, I am sorry u had to go through that. A lousy 169 dollars is nothing, don't feel guilty. Alhamdulilah you are safe my sister. May Allah bless you ways and you son.

Salam.

Isra

aka Tree2008
these losers should try that with me, then they can see that they are scum, they wont be brave then.

As salamo alaikome

Brother you dont really know what you will do until you are in that situation. I am not a scary person but really it all happened so fast. We have a stun gun and mace in the store but when it happened those things didnt even come into my mind. All I could think about was trying to get that guy what he wanted so he would go away.

After it was all over I thought about a million things I SHOULD have done but as I said you dont know how you will react until you are in that situation. Under the circumstances I did the most reasonable thing I could have done. The outcome was always in Allah's hands and not mine.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Subhanallah! I just don't get why people have to get robbed- the robbers can always work to get money, na'udhu billah! May Allah help the wrongdoers.
Alhamdulillah, You and your family are safe atleast.
May Allahs blessings Alaways surround you sis.Ameen
Wassalam.

uddim004

salam,

i have been fortunate to have never been in a situation like this before. alhamdullila- allah has protected me form this. as he has you. may allah grant all muslims jannatul firdous. and may allah reward your family with paradise. Maybe this was a test from allah upon you. allah knows best.:salam2:

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

I really thought that I was ok with what happened to me that day last week. This is not the first time something bad has ever happened to me in my life and its not even the worst thing that has ever happened to me. Unfortunately it is the first time something terrible has happened to me since I have become a Muslim. Im not trying to say its BECAUSE I am a Muslim that I am having a hard time dealing with this latest problem. But I think it has something to do with me being an entirely different person than I was before Islam found me.

Anyway I have been having near panic attacks everytime the bell on the door rings at the store (meaning someone has entered). I had one really bad dream about the robber coming back to "finish me off". That was scary. Ok so I realize the way that I am acting is not very "Muslim like" because of course I should not fear anything except Allah. I know I shouldnt be afraid and I know Allah DID protect me but yet my heart beats fast and the hair on the back of my neck stands up each time that bell goes off in the store. I have even considered I might need to look for another job.

Please tell me............what can I do??????? I know you will tell me to pray and I have been praying. I even pray for others hoping that Allah will forgive me for my fear. I feel my fear is unreasonable and I talk to myself about it trying to convince myself to stop but nothing seems to work when I need it the most. I have to work to survive so I need to find some way to make this terrible fear go away and FAST. I used to look forward to going to work and now I dread it so much. That worthless robber took alot more than money that day and I feel like the saddest part about all of this is that I myself am allowing him to win! That really makes me so angry.

If you have any suggestion please share because I am in dire need of real help or I could lose my job over this whole thing if I dont get my act together soon.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh my respected sister

Alhamdhulillah you are safe from that attempt.

Please be aware that after such an incident, it is normal that almost all will have different scary thoughts and fears. The thing which will help most in such situations will be Prayers and Dhikr to Allah (subuhaanahu wata'aala). Allah says in Surah al-Ra'd, Verse 28, "for without doubt in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find peace".

Just take into account that this fear is a matter of time my sister. InshaAllah within some time, it will become normal. I had many similar situations too.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

BADTASTEBEARS

Fear Allah
salam sis,

Your fear is just another test from Allah. Maybe now He wants to see if you have tawakkal. Insya Allah you will be fine. We all here will pray for u insya Allah.

wassalam.

palestine

Servant of Allah
InshAllah, Allah swt will give you something better in return. Trust in Him, you did your best. asalamu alaikum.

Prosperous

asthagfirullah
Alhamdulillah you are safe now. May Allah swt keeps you out of all these kinds of evil people, and may he guid all these people to right path. Ameen.
and you have passed your challenge by increasing your faith in Allah when worst came to you. MashAllah..... Many people fail to do so, and start thinking negative.
:wasalam:

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
:salam2: wa rahmatullah dear sister
i hope at this very moment Allah puts peace and tranquility in ur heart
just my humble suggestions
maybe u can try talking to ur manager to let someone be with u during ur shift - say 2 person handling the shop at one time
btw,does he/she knows about the robbery?
even if its just a shop many bad things are likely to happen - just like here even at the gas station, robberies even happened many times
or maybe u can try looking for a job in the meantime if u really feel u couldnt bare staying at that same place- just an alternative
anyways i wish Allah will make things easier for u soon aminn
sorry if it doesnt help much
take care
:wasalam:

sal12

As salamo alaikome

I really thought that I was ok with what happened to me that day last week. This is not the first time something bad has ever happened to me in my life and its not even the worst thing that has ever happened to me. Unfortunately it is the first time something terrible has happened to me since I have become a Muslim. Im not trying to say its BECAUSE I am a Muslim that I am having a hard time dealing with this latest problem. But I think it has something to do with me being an entirely different person than I was before Islam found me.

Anyway I have been having near panic attacks everytime the bell on the door rings at the store (meaning someone has entered). I had one really bad dream about the robber coming back to "finish me off". That was scary. Ok so I realize the way that I am acting is not very "Muslim like" because of course I should not fear anything except Allah. I know I shouldnt be afraid and I know Allah DID protect me but yet my heart beats fast and the hair on the back of my neck stands up each time that bell goes off in the store. I have even considered I might need to look for another job.

Please tell me............what can I do??????? I know you will tell me to pray and I have been praying. I even pray for others hoping that Allah will forgive me for my fear. I feel my fear is unreasonable and I talk to myself about it trying to convince myself to stop but nothing seems to work when I need it the most. I have to work to survive so I need to find some way to make this terrible fear go away and FAST. I used to look forward to going to work and now I dread it so much. That worthless robber took alot more than money that day and I feel like the saddest part about all of this is that I myself am allowing him to win! That really makes me so angry.

If you have any suggestion please share because I am in dire need of real help or I could lose my job over this whole thing if I dont get my act together soon.

Assalamu alaykum,
I think your suffering from post traumatic stress disorder. I almost got burgled while all the lights at home were on and we were all at home. The burglars tried to kick our door in but ALHAMDULILLAH couldn't. Then they waited, I think for someone to come out and 5 min later tried to kick the door in again. It was really really scary! Because if they did get in I don't know what would have happened! They gave up and left after that. Although nothing actually happened, I had slight PTSD and I was scared at night.

What happened to you was much much worse,its incomparable in fact, and seems as though it's PTSD which is completely normal after experiencing such a terrrible incident! With PTSD it just takes time and you will be ok insha'allah, it might take a few weeks or months to get over it but you will get over it eventually. If it's so bad that you may lose your job, it may be worth seeing a doctor to find out if it is PTSD or something else so that your boss will not be able to fire you as that would be unfair dismissal.

Recite Ayat-ul-Kursi when you leave your house and whenever you feel scared, it's a really powerful dua.

Hope this helped!